HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

51 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Your State Alchemist Name?, If you can chose one yourself..
Prinz_Zoisit
post Sep 1 2004, 09:55 AM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 30

let me answer to the main thoughts of your postings:

That's like saying a math teacher can't enjoy art, because art isn't mathematical.

no, for physicians, art is simply "mathematical"(talking of a person who doesn't believe in God. There are many math teachers who believe in God -> that is good!)...

It's like saying that a Christian can't enjoy computers, because computers aren't part of the Christian faith.

where is this said in the Bible? there it's said that "we humans shall make us the earth subject" that means that a computer is a stupid, but good help for us humans. It does things quicker than human can-> calculate. That's what a computer simply does. It's similar to riding a bike in order to be faster...

But all of these things can happen, because people aren't just their profession, people are emotion and instinct and flesh, with vocations and avocations, and even if someone understands the composition of a thing, even if they dissect a thing at work, doesn't mean that on their way home they can't stop and enjoy the spontaneity of a flower.

yes, sure, i said that they can and do, that's human nature, but they indirectly don't admit that there's something super-natural behind all this and that's why everything of this is condemmned for them to have no value in the end...

People rise above what they are.

After the law of logic and physics, nothing with greater value can be created from something which got a value...
i see You aren't a Full Metal Alchemist-Fan cause if you had seen this series, you would know the word "touka kouka" which got the same meaning as "nothing can be created from nothing"...

And, in a way, knowing the cells, knowing the atoms, knowing every quark in every neutron merely enhances beauty. Indeed, there is loveliness in chaos, in the sheer improbability of flight or the spiral of a galaxy.

...but for physicians this thing is still "calculable" and consequently in vain...

There's such wonder in looking at something and realizing the sheer, overwhelming odds in it getting there, and yet it being there!

It is disgusting how you are talking about these things... what is beautiful in knowing the atoms of a rose?.... For you, they only got another structure.
Physicians are objective, so they also say that animals and bacteria got the same value as humans(they simply got another structure).
But does a tiny little bacteria on the (for human beautiful) rose know how beautiful this rose is? no, cause this bacteria moves in another "cosmos"(dimension) than we humans.
That's why for physicians, nothing really is "beautiful" or "not beautiful", cause it depends on the dimension in which a creature(like a human, like a bacteria) lives in!!...

I've always found mountains more beautiful than paintings of mountains; and I've always thought something natural, improbable, more beautiful than something manufactured.

*sigh...
good for you... but i told you several times, that it's in human nature to find things good or bad, but for physicians who don't accept super-natural things, actually all is in vain...
we humans can't do things that are natural or that are improbable... we are only capable of creating things with the help of our hands/our mouths etc. That's why you have to lower your standards in finding manufactural things beautiful or not...

I believe in physics, yes. I believe in the possibility of the divisible. But when I see beauty, I don't see chemical compounds - I see triumph.

"triumph", eh?...
you are someone with a very good eye for the things that happen around you. And to be powerless by saying something like this is the right way...

And re: my signature: It's a song, doofus. Haven't you ever heard of TMBG? Fantastic band. Hilarious. How can you not love a group that makes a song about James K. Polk?

you are right, i amn't a native english speaker, but i recognize that you yourself don't understand to use latin words like the word "re".
One only says this word after the word "contra", but only if these two words refer to the same topic!...

no, sry, i don't know this band... thanks for this hot debate...^^

--------------------
IPB Image

"Two things fulfill my mind with always new and increasing admiration and reverence the more frequently and continuously i think about it busily:
the sky full of stars above me and the moral law inside of me..." (Immanuel Kant)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Queen of the dam...
post Sep 2 2004, 02:04 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 511

Sorry for making you argue about this due to my choices of mere thing such as a state alchemist's second name.

also, ist du deutsch? Ich kann deutsch sprechen, aber meine deutsch is nicht seher gut... biggrin.gif

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.

+Quote Post
Prinz_Zoisit
post Sep 2 2004, 08:47 AM
Post #33

But there are math teachers who do believe in God -> that is okay[/b]

(i thought(cause YOU aren't a believer, HOPE) that you were talking about non-believer mathematicians...maybe that's what you meant...

but i myself got friends, too who aren't believers, as long as they are good friends...

Sorry for making you argue about this due to my choices of mere thing such as a state alchemist's second name.

also, ist du deutsch? Ich kann deutsch sprechen, aber meine deutsch is nicht seher gut... biggrin.gif

hehe^^;; we have to be sorry to use this thread for this argueing...

ja, ich bin deutsch, aber ich finde es gut, dass du deutsch sprechen kannst, denn Deutsch ist eine schöne Sprache^^

--------------------
IPB Image

"Two things fulfill my mind with always new and increasing admiration and reverence the more frequently and continuously i think about it busily:
the sky full of stars above me and the moral law inside of me..." (Immanuel Kant)

+Quote Post
hakai-kun
post Sep 3 2004, 01:52 AM
Post #34

Apprentice

Member No.: 376

interesting debate on religion going on here? l0l

as far as state alchemist's names go, I'd be:

Hakai no Renkinjutsushi!!

XD get it? it's from my name. l0l. It would mean the destruction alchemist. And i'd specialize in decomposition! dry.gif but seriously, i thinks i'll leave the OC state alchemists to the mary-sues. -shudders- laugh.gif

--------------------
~Dubbed the Queen of HagaRen Shounen-ai by Kase o.O
~Visit my manga circle: THANKS!
~Mary-Sues scare me >.<
~Avatar: idea © Hakai-kun, made by Lie-chan
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Queen of the dam...
post Sep 3 2004, 02:42 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 511

Diene Deutsch is sehr sehr gut!!!! Ich bin Chinase(Bad spelling), und wohne aus Hong Kong tongue.gif

Anyway, thinking about it, Ed is kind of a quantium alchemist.... he's seen the truth... therefore he must have seen the *Drumrolls*: THE GRAND UNIFIED THEORY OF EVERYTHIHG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (If there is such a thing)
or in the case of the manga he must have met something supernatural too, since that thing that took his arm and leg did seem very......... powerful....... Hmmmmmm..... Anyway, it's quite an enjoyable debate...very educational....I've learnt lots!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.

+Quote Post
Prinz_Zoisit
post Sep 3 2004, 03:23 PM
Post #36

Diene Deutsch is sehr sehr gut!!!! Ich bin Chinase(Bad spelling), und wohne aus Hong Kong tongue.gif

hi, wie geht es dir? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Anyway, thinking about it, Ed is kind of a quantium alchemist.... he's seen the truth... therefore he must have seen the *Drumrolls*: THE GRAND UNIFIED THEORY OF EVERYTHIHG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (If there is such a thing)
or in the case of the manga he must have met something supernatural too, since that thing that took his arm and leg did seem very......... powerful....... Hmmmmmm..... Anyway, it's quite an enjoyable debate...very educational....I've learnt lots!!!!!!!!!!

yes, the GUT(grandunified theorie) i heard of that and i read a book of that thing^^;;
-> two theories are already combined, i think^^;;;(sry, if i post sth wrong)

yay! that's why what we live for^^^^

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
wolfi1412
post Sep 4 2004, 09:54 AM
Post #37

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 369

sleep.gif'...
can we go back to the topic??

--------------------
Vine Alchemist
user posted image

+Quote Post
Satoru
post Sep 4 2004, 10:25 AM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 583

I'm something like Hentai no Renkinjutsushi.
Dunno what my speciality is though. I'll have to work on that one. ^^

+Quote Post
Queenozelight
post Sep 4 2004, 10:44 AM
Post #39

Citizen

Member No.: 580

Hi!!!I'm new!!!Anyway,I wanna be the wind alchemist!If that has already been posted,then I excuse myself!*bows so low I fall*If I am incoherent,it's my school's fault! blink.gif I hate school....

--------------------
Le cachalot vengeur est de retour!!!Maintenant dans vos assiettes avec du poulpe!

+Quote Post
Hope
post Sep 4 2004, 10:46 AM
Post #40

Citizen

Member No.: 441

Well, I originally wasn't going to respond to this, but your insulting my Latin got my dander up. "Re" is the ablative of "res," meaning "matter"; the construction is ablative of respect. Thus "re" literally means "on the matter of" or "concerning the matter of." Thus "Re: my signature" means "on the matter of my signature." "Contra" - "against" - would be inappropriate, for reasons which I certainly hope are clear, and saying that you can only use res after contra is completely incorrect.

Challenge me again and I swear to god I'm gonna start translating Vergil.

Anyway. I really do want to end this, so basically, here's the summation of my argument, minutiae and poetry removed:

You're in no position to say what someone who believes in physics perceives, because you don't believe in physics. Someone who does believe in physics is far more qualified than one such as you to describe their experience because it is their experience.

And you cannot say that merely because someone believes in something, it is the entirety of their existance. People who believe in physics don't always look at something from a physicist's point of view, just as Christians don't always look at something from a religious point of view.

Anyway. Sorry, Wolfi. I swear I'm done just so long as Zoisit doesn't, you know, imply that I'm incompetent in my Latin studies any more.

--------------------
"You're older than you've ever been - and now you're even older; and now you're even older; and now you're even older; you're older than you've ever been, and now you're even older, and now you're older still." -They Might Be Giants

+Quote Post
Sakura-chan
post Sep 4 2004, 10:56 AM
Post #41

Citizen

Member No.: 602

You now what I never think about it. If I wear a State Alchemist I think I will be somewone cool and great like Roy!! ( he's so sweet ) biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'm the Polish Full Metal Alchemist!!

+Quote Post
Prinz_Zoisit
post Sep 4 2004, 12:10 PM
Post #42

"Re" is the ablative of "res," meaning "matter"; the construction is ablative of respect. Thus "re" literally means "on the matter of" or "concerning the matter of."

okay, this was a small thing,^^
i learned in school that the ablative of "res"->"re" means "with a thing" or "with the help of a thing"...

Thus "Re: my signature" means "on the matter of my signature." "Contra" - "against" - would be inappropriate, for reasons which I certainly hope are clear, and saying that you can only use res after contra is completely incorrect.

i said that you could use the word re only after the word contra...

Challenge me again and I swear to god I'm gonna start translating Vergil.

how old are you?

You're in no position to say what someone who believes in physics perceives, because you don't believe in physics. Someone who does believe in physics is far more qualified than one such as you to describe their experience because it is their experience.

...The discussions comes to its lowest point, when you suppose i couldn't understand you.....

-> you could have said it before.... you could have said that sentence at the beginning of our discussion... But now it's YOU who puts an end to this... How simple it is to end a discussion, huh, hope?

And you cannot say that merely because someone believes in something, it is the entirety of their existance. People who believe in physics don't always look at something from a physicist's point of view, just as Christians don't always look at something from a religious point of view.

yes of course, christians(why are you only thinking of christians.... and not of moslems, hindus, busshists, too?!?!) aren't able to live completely after the rules of the bible, etc... but their aim is it to live like that(like after the bible, like after physics) and there is no hope with the aim of physics...

are you saying that physicians are satisfied with the fact that they are only living by chance?
if you say that i cannot say anything against that..........

Anyway. Sorry, Wolfi. I swear I'm done just so long as Zoisit doesn't, you know, imply that I'm incompetent in my Latin studies any more.

are you studying latin at the moment, i mean at school?

@wolfi1412:

nice avatar... it suits to a wine alchemist^^^^

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Kodachrome
post Sep 4 2004, 01:50 PM
Post #43

Apprentice

Member No.: 146

Why the hell are you even having this conversation over the usage of "Re?"

+Quote Post
Seven Deadly Sin...
post Sep 5 2004, 05:03 AM
Post #44

Citizen

Member No.: 615

Calamity Alchemist,why? coz i love destruction.

+Quote Post
Hope
post Sep 5 2004, 10:01 AM
Post #45

Citizen

Member No.: 441

Why the hell are you even having this conversation over the usage of "Re?"

BECAUSE I AM A LATIN SCHOLAR. SALVE.

okay, this was a small thing,^^
i learned in school that the ablative of "res"->"re" means "with a thing" or "with the help of a thing"...

It can mean that, certainly, but the thing about the ablative is that it's so incredibly versatile. There are numerous constructions involving the ablative without a preposition (ablative of means, ablative of respect, ablative of place where, etc.), so a word such as "re" can have numerous meanings.

i said that you could use the word re only after the word contra...

Pardon me. Typo.

And, yes, I am studying Latin at school. I'm currently in my fourth year of study, in AP Latin. (If you're unfamiliar with the AP program - it's a program that tries to mimic a college-level course and generally fails miserably. Generally.)

how old are you?

I'm seventeen. How is that relevant?

Anyway. I'm not going to really respond to the debate debate, aside from to say that I resent the implication that I ended the conversation in order to have the last word, rather than to stop hijacking this thread; and that I assure you that I didn't mean to imply that you weren't able to grasp my arguments, and that it was in no way an insult: I was, rather, saying that you were unqualified to make statements of someone else's experience.

--------------------
"You're older than you've ever been - and now you're even older; and now you're even older; and now you're even older; you're older than you've ever been, and now you're even older, and now you're older still." -They Might Be Giants

+Quote Post

51 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 11:10 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css