Classical Music
Prinz_Zoisit
post Mar 5 2005, 02:08 PM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 30

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Mar 5 2005, 04:04 PM)
I like that aspect of classical music. You can create images in your head, much like what Fantasia tried to do (I don't know if anybody likes Fantasia but I do).
[snapback]127117[/snapback]

Bach's(or general baroque) music is nothing for your imagination.. This(very artificial) music was just created for the music itself...it's the enlightenment period with beethoven chopin, etc which caused these imagination-music which is very dynamic and loud and quiet at the same time dry.gif ...

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Mar 5 2005, 08:29 PM)
huh.gif  Was that asking me? If so, I have no idea what you mean. biggrin.gif
[snapback]127208[/snapback]

you love to use your imagination... do you play any roleplay games like WARHAMMER etc?!?!!

P.S.: I like your writing skills, chiyou...they're really admirable. Where do you come from?!?!

--------------------
IPB Image

"Two things fulfill my mind with always new and increasing admiration and reverence the more frequently and continuously i think about it busily:
the sky full of stars above me and the moral law inside of me..." (Immanuel Kant)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Falling_Man
post Mar 5 2005, 03:54 PM
Post #17

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 4,082

Ah, classical music. Wonderful stuff. To tell the truth, I like music in general. (Probably because musicianship is in my blood)

Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you what that piece is or who it was made by. I get too absorbed int the music to bother looking in the program to see what it is. (although I've only been to two or three concerts) I recently went to a concert at the local symphony hall with my mother, her friend and my sister. I tried listening to the crescendos, decrescendoes, time makings and what the dynamics were, because I need to write a report on a concert I attended. But I couldn't. dry.gif Too absorbed, then I lost focus after intermission and my mind wandered.

Yes, I am currently playing in my high school concert band (we also do 70-80's pep music at our football games). smile.gif GO PERCUSSION!!!! biggrin.gif

@Prinz:What, like rpgs where you dress up and play DnD with your friends? Or rpgs like Final Fantasy? tongue.gif I'd reply, but it'd almost be like spam...

--------------------
Thank you for taking your time to read this post.
It is asked of you to proceed to the next post in a orderly manner,
as this will allow a much smoother flow in your forum experience.

-Another forum nut who is also a self-proclaimed sanely insane person.

Credit goes to Ailuro for the sig. (Sankyuu, Sensei~! X3)

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Mar 5 2005, 05:30 PM
Post #18

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

@ Prinz_Zoisit

Oh no I don't play roleplay games, but I find some music inspires me into writing fanfiction sometimes.

I'm from ye olde England, and thank you for the compliment. I've found my English put to shame by some people around here. You know an awful lot about classical music and I admire that. Shows a high level of intelligence I believe.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Mar 5 2005, 09:47 PM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 9,112

For eleven years I've danced ballet and haven been surrounded by classical music.

So ya, in addition to a little Ryu history, you get to tune into my calssical favs:

Ballet inspired:
Chopin
Tchaikovsky
Prokofiev
Stravinsky

Other personal favs:
Pachelbel
Handel
Vivaldi
Sibelius
Mozart

--------------------
user posted image
© Mais2

+Quote Post
Prinz_Zoisit
post Mar 6 2005, 04:45 AM
Post #20

QUOTE(Falling_Man @ Mar 5 2005, 11:54 PM)
Ah, classical music. Wonderful stuff. To tell the truth, I like music in general. (Probably because musicianship is in my blood)
@Prinz:What, like rpgs where you dress up and play DnD with your friends? Or rpgs like Final Fantasy? tongue.gif  I'd reply, but it'd almost be like spam...
[snapback]127332[/snapback]

...yea, another musician^^ there aren't so many ot there in the world^^
uhm... FinalFantasyVII was the best game i played ever. I can't say it often enough... it was like a never-ending dream to me(the 4 cd's for PC)...*sigh*...
i always play RagnarokOnline(also like a dream to me), ut only if it is for free^^;;;...currently, you have to pay 100EU a month^^;;

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Mar 6 2005, 01:30 AM)
@ Prinz_Zoisit
I'm from ye olde England, and thank you for the compliment. I've found my English put to shame by some people around here. You know an awful lot about classical music and I admire that. Shows a high level of intelligence I believe.
[snapback]127363[/snapback]

i like ppl who like to show what makes their country admirable(like their culture, music, writing, etc)^^

--------------------
IPB Image

"Two things fulfill my mind with always new and increasing admiration and reverence the more frequently and continuously i think about it busily:
the sky full of stars above me and the moral law inside of me..." (Immanuel Kant)

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Mar 6 2005, 04:56 AM
Post #21

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Germany is well known for its composers after all. I suppose England has its writers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Falling_Man
post Mar 6 2005, 03:54 PM
Post #22

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 4,082

And America is well know for idiot leaders...

Has anyone heard of a piece called Symphony No. 9? I think it's composed by a Russian named Dvorjak. (most likely butchered it) He made it after a trip to America. I think it's great and it captures the general idea of 'A New World' very well. I play it in band class. That's where I learn most of my classical music pieces.

We are at a bit of a disadvantage, however, because we don't have a string section. (aside from an elec. bass)

--------------------
Thank you for taking your time to read this post.
It is asked of you to proceed to the next post in a orderly manner,
as this will allow a much smoother flow in your forum experience.

-Another forum nut who is also a self-proclaimed sanely insane person.

Credit goes to Ailuro for the sig. (Sankyuu, Sensei~! X3)

+Quote Post
Alchemy's Lover
post Mar 7 2005, 01:57 PM
Post #23

Apprentice

Member No.: 5,695

I love classical my all time fav. composer is Hayden. He is a genius. Scherzo is the best song to play it is so much fun. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My friend and sister BlackRose
IPB Image

+Quote Post
yukiroche
post Mar 7 2005, 09:36 PM
Post #24

Citizen

Member No.: 7,950

I live by Classical Music! I probably wont exist without it of course since I'm a musician and all heh heh! I listen to Handel, Schubert, bach, mozart, beethoven, KRIESLER, antonio vivaldi, rossini, paganini (my hero!), bernstein, brahms, sibelius, chopin, stravinsky, strauss, shostakovich, dvorak, copland, gershwin, holst, haydn, liszt, mendelssohn, rachmaninov, schumann, tchaikovsky, delibes, and wagner! heh heh I'm a classical nerd.

--------------------
"You're Mom goes to college!" - Napolean Dynamite
user posted image

+Quote Post
ἀρχή
post Mar 10 2005, 11:26 AM
Post #25

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 3,228

I had just recently looked at my cd's - haven't listened to many in a while. I remembered that I was trying to work on a general collection of classical and jazz music from different periods. I've got some representatives from many different periods - chant/madrigals, baroque (which I like mostly because it's music for music sake and not so dynamic smile.gif), classical period, romantics and trying to work on getting some 20th century people. I like some 12 tone stuff but it takes a few listens to "teach" yourself to appreciate the dissonance smile.gif. I just now need to fill out the collection, but I imagine it'll wait a while as I'm not rolling in money right now tongue.gif.

I will say that I do not enjoy vocal classical except some madrigal and chant. I'm not an opera fan at all. I love to listen and appreciate the quality of technique required to play certain pieces.

My favorite classical piece is Albonini's Adaggio in G - pretty much the only piece anyone knows from him tongue.gif. Anyway, it's in the movie Gallipoli and whenever I think about it, I think about the movie and it brings me powerfully sad thoughts.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Prinz_Zoisit
post Mar 10 2005, 12:49 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(arche @ Mar 10 2005, 07:26 PM)
My favorite classical piece is Albonini's Adaggio in G - pretty much the only piece anyone knows from him tongue.gif. Anyway, it's in the movie Gallipoli and whenever I think about it, I think about the movie and it brings me powerfully sad thoughts.
[snapback]129805[/snapback]

ah, yha.. i know that piece(the only one i know from him)... it has a very impressing beginning^^

P.S.: welcome back, arche^^

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Mar 10 2005, 02:14 PM
Post #27

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

QUOTE(arche @ Mar 10 2005, 11:26 AM)

Am I a sad, sad person if I've never heard of him? mellow.gif

arche's post made me take a look at my CD collection as well, and I find that everything that is not burned is practically all instrumental. ph34r.gif 3 of them are Christmas CDs and the 3 that are piano solos are all jazz/lounge-like, such as "Entertaining Solo Piano for Cocktails." Why do I even have this stuff . . .

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.

+Quote Post
Prinz_Zoisit
post Mar 10 2005, 02:20 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Mar 10 2005, 10:14 PM)
Am I a sad, sad person if I've never heard of him?  mellow.gif
[snapback]129877[/snapback]

no.. you're not.. albinoni isn't very famous..... i only know this(only piece i know) piece from him, because i searched the download-machines for "baroque music".... and surprisingly it showed me albinoni's g- thing...^^

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Firewitch-Robin
post Mar 18 2005, 09:09 AM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 9,899

I love classical though I prefer the slow and soft classicals over the loud and fast unless it's like the Tempest cuz that one was incredible.

+Quote Post
ἀρχή
post Mar 18 2005, 12:01 PM
Post #30

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 3,228

QUOTE(Prinz_Zoisit @ Mar 10 2005, 04:20 PM)
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Mar 10 2005, 10:14 PM)
Am I a sad, sad person if I've never heard of him?  mellow.gif
[snapback]129877[/snapback]

no.. you're not.. albinoni isn't very famous..... i only know this(only piece i know) piece from him, because i searched the download-machines for "baroque music".... and surprisingly it showed me albinoni's g- thing...^^
[snapback]129882[/snapback]

He's not famous at all. In fact, even people who specialize in music don't know much about him. That one piece is really his only famous piece. I have a CD of other works by him and they're not bad, but nothing really phenomenal like Bach or other famous Baroque musicians.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 02:50 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css