HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 7: Hidden Truths - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! Possible Spoilers for the first 7 episodes!
Sword Alchemist
post May 17 2009, 04:46 PM
Post #31

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,591

It is so great to see Maria Ross and Denny Brosh again. However, I'm not too fond of Denny's voice. It sounded far too old for Denny.

Hopefully Meredith McCoy and Jim Foronda will reprise their roles of Maria and Denny in the American dub.

I loved Denny and Maria's character card. laugh.gif

Maybe I'm looking to far into things, but did anyone else notice how close Denny and Maria were sitting together when Denny was asking Al about his armor? *fangirl scream*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ShadowCat17
post May 17 2009, 04:47 PM
Post #32

Citizen

Member No.: 44,714

Yeah, it's amazing how quickly we've been able to get to lab 5 from the beginning. Here are the rough mappings between the two series' -

#1 (ice alchemist, did not exist in old anime)
old ep.1,2 --> #3 (lior)
old ep.3 --> #2 (backstory)
old ep.4,5 --> skipped (majahal, train incident)
old ep.6,7 --> #4 (tucker/nina)
old ep.8,9,10,11,12,13,16 --> all skipped (barry chopper, yoki coal mine, psiren, tringham brothers, fullmetal v. flame)
old ep. 14,15,17 --> #5 and #6 (scar, marcoh, and risembool)
old ep. 18,19 --> #7 (sheska and marcoh's notes)

So yeah, we've skipped 7 episodes, and the other 12 episodes from the old anime up through 19 have been squeezed into just 7 episodes in the new one (6 if you don't count ep#1)

+Quote Post
Anakishi
post May 17 2009, 06:21 PM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 67,896

Wow! I noticed the lion on the beggining, thought "cool" and didn't even notice it wasn't there before. Just a theory, but maybe it was there so people could "link" it with Ed's line when they were at the library, something about the "green lion" and "philosopher's moon"... strange foreshadowing. huh.gif
At first, this episode felt rushed and uninteresting, but watching a second time I thought it was really well done. Didn't notice anything weird in the art, actually, I loved the smoothness of the fan spinning in their hotel room.
And I like Sheska even more now! For me, she used to be so-so, but this episode she was very funny, and reminded me of the old days when I used to read like a bookworm (have no time now ). Her voice was cute.
Only thing that really bugged me was the annoying "fullmetal alchemist" guy trying to be original... My face was exactly like Denny's face from that last card.

--------------------
- Goodbye, FMA, please help me find the strength to move on and get stronger, too!! ^^
- If I don't answer your reply, it could be because:
1) I'm too busy to turn on my computer.
2) I got shy, and didn't come back to the discussion.
3) I hate you, and I'd rather ignore you.
4) Your point got me speechless, congratz!

+Quote Post
HannahBlack09
post May 17 2009, 06:47 PM
Post #34

Citizen

Member No.: 65,042

I gotta say that seeing the sub version made the whole episode so much better that I thought, I loved the scene in which Ed and Al are sitting in darkness in the room and you can truly feel the regret in Ed's voice when he says he has to ask Al something but he is afraid.

that was my favorite part happy.gif

I was just hoping that hughes could have bragged about Elysia with Shescka laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
temmy
post May 17 2009, 06:54 PM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 67,699

QUOTE (Anakishi @ May 17 2009, 07:21 PM) *
Wow! I noticed the lion on the beggining, thought "cool" and didn't even notice it wasn't there before. Just a theory, but maybe it was there so people could "link" it with Ed's line when they were at the library, something about the "green lion" and "philosopher's moon"... strange foreshadowing.

Yup, I just finished watching the episode. I'm pleasantly surprised by all the historical alchemy mentions, since it was pretty sparse in the manga as well. Though that implies they knew the Lion was supposed to be green. Eh, so apparently the OP Lion is just a stylistic change . . . I dunno, they could've tinted it green so that it wouldn't be overly obnoxious.

Anyways, episode seemed okay to me. A bit rushed and a bit boring, but it was all right. Quality of the animation seems to have dropped though, which makes me sad. (And I can't get used to the weird Japanese staccato fluteish theme that keeps coming up. Ugh.)

+Quote Post
Mistress of Mise...
post May 17 2009, 07:04 PM
Post #36

Citizen

Member No.: 34,631

Ugghhh, next week can't come fast enough.

The art quality has definitely dropped as of late, but if I don't look too closely I can't tell. Pacing in this episode was fast, but I don't think it was too rushed. I'm just glad that the plot is really starting to kick off. biggrin.gif It's great to see 48 and Barry again; I'm really looking forward to the action scenes next episode (and, hopefully, better quality art).

The music during the Scar vs Gluttony scene annoyed me. ._. Eh, I guess it's just me.

I love Sheska; she's almost exactly like me. xD

Nothing much else to say, unless I get a sudden brainwave. Decent episode.

--------------------

If everything appears to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

+Quote Post
Vagrant
post May 17 2009, 07:09 PM
Post #37

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,830

Missed a lot of the humour and nice details from the manga. (linking the lab to Basque Gran, Roy being chastised about the Scar thing, Lust and Gluttony being right above his office, Ed and Al's lines when scaling the fence, etc.)
And I'm still really annoyed that they've just made it seem like Marcoh gave up the information willingly. I knew they probably wouldn't add the scene in to this weeks' episode, but it would have been nice.

Kind of weird how this episode has finished halfway through a chapter of the manga tho'.

Art still seems subpar compared to the first four episodes.

Fullmetal Alchemist guy in the ad break bit sounded kind of weird, scared and apologetic on the first bit. Like he heard everyone's threats after last weeks, hah. But back to the cheesiness right afterwards.

But I believe it's about to be straying into manga-exclusive territory soon...

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post May 17 2009, 07:20 PM
Post #38

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

One thing I found interesting is how Lust and Gluttony can just talk about such odd things and no one looks twice at them. I don't know but if I overheard someone talking about a missing person as their lunch I think I'd be taken aback. unsure.gif
Also, in the preview for 8 at the end, who is the girl in the pony tail?

I liked the episode over all, especially the expression on Ed's face when he was chewing the pen and telling Al how he has a way with words. smile.gif

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
ShadowCat17
post May 17 2009, 07:30 PM
Post #39

Citizen

Member No.: 44,714

It's the girl in the office, from manga ch. 15 page 35. she might appear a few times elsewhere in the manga as well but i dont remember

+Quote Post
xXdark_angel_nek...
post May 17 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #40

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,808

well it is great that we finally get to see broch and ross again. and also u have to say that this season of the anime is the best so far. i can't quit laughing at some of the parts. espically this ep, with shecka (can't spell it sorry) in it was the hillourous. man can't quit laughing at the moment.

--------------------

Sometimes...... some memories ain't meant to leave traces. ~Alphonse Elric

+Quote Post
HannahBlack09
post May 17 2009, 08:20 PM
Post #41

Citizen

Member No.: 65,042

QUOTE (Animeoldtimer @ May 17 2009, 07:20 PM) *
One thing I found interesting is how Lust and Gluttony can just talk about such odd things and no one looks twice at them. I don't know but if I overheard someone talking about a missing person as their lunch I think I'd be taken aback. unsure.gif
Also, in the preview for 8 at the end, who is the girl in the pony tail?

I liked the episode over all, especially the expression on Ed's face when he was chewing the pen and telling Al how he has a way with words. smile.gif

laugh.gif

I thought the same thing! I mean.. if I was next to Lust and I had listened to that I would definetly look suspiciosly at them or at least have a reaction! They guys that were around them didnt seem interested about what the mysterious woman was saying joined by a hooded chubby guy sleep.gif .

Its just that if the people was that taken aback of the scenery, the would at least talk or move ansiously.. but thats not relevant I guess.. I was just a little disturbed by that detail tongue.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post May 17 2009, 08:42 PM
Post #42

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

Finally watched the episode and thought it was pretty good!

It felt a little rushed, but that's compared to the original series of course.

I missed that they didn't continue with Marcoh. UGH! I felt that was SO important! I hope they flashback to it at some point or something!

I did love Ed's reaction to finding-out what the Stone was made-of though. It was intense, like the manga.

I was happy to see Sheska again happy.gif and of course Mariah and Brosh.

HAHA...I agree about the Lust and Gluttony scene. I'd have looked at them like o_O;;;;;;... ...

AND...last but not least...BARRY THE CHOPPER! OMG I missed the mad man, haha. I cannot wait for next week. Lab 5 already, but that's fine with me happy.gif.

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Imbris
post May 18 2009, 01:40 AM
Post #43

Citizen

Member No.: 63,564

QUOTE (ShadowCat17 @ May 17 2009, 07:47 PM) *
Yeah, it's amazing how quickly we've been able to get to lab 5 from the beginning. Here are the rough mappings between the two series' -

*episode comparisons*

So yeah, we've skipped 7 episodes, and the other 12 episodes from the old anime up through 19 have been squeezed into just 7 episodes in the new one (6 if you don't count ep#1)

Thanks for doing this ShadowCat - I was thinking of working it out myself, but you saved me the trouble!

Episode 7 was alright, but I felt a bit shortchanged! I got so psyched when the "battle" between Scar and the homunculi was about to begin, and then it lasted all of what..3 seconds?

+Quote Post
edo little kid
post May 18 2009, 06:04 AM
Post #44

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 49,158

I finally watch it ! ^^
This episode was sooo funny
I enjoyed it !!
------------------
I loved that music which came
in Scar VS gluttony
----------------
my favorite part
when Ed & Al was in apartment
-----------------

I can't wait the next episode !!!
----------
(I hope the art getting better in next episodes)
------------------
still ep 5 my favorite yet.

+Quote Post
Krokgard
post May 18 2009, 06:06 AM
Post #45

Citizen

Member No.: 68,794

Another amazing episode! Very funny when Ed calls himself "short"
By the way, maybe the video that I've seen just cut it, but this time I haven't seen the "See you next time" picture in the end.
It's the girl in the office, from manga ch. 15 page 35. she might appear a few times elsewhere in the manga as well but i dont remembe

Yeah, in the chapters 14 (while Hughes talks with Roy on the phone, which should be the scene that we 'll see in the next episode) and 16.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 04:34 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css