Reply to this topicStart new topic
Theory On Dante And Gluttony In Episode 51
uber_panda
post Jun 7 2005, 08:29 AM
Post #61

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,844

In truth, he wouldn't really need a lower jaw. Since his saliva is acidic (thats whole he could get through the floor so easily) and he can still control his tongue. And possibly in the absence of his lower jaw he can have his tongue act like one. If Gluttony did kill Dante, and he survived some how, then he would yes, eventually die. At some point Gluttony will die, because his incomplete Philosopher's Stone will at one point run out.

Dante is dead. No matter how many people say it, no matter how long they say it, she is dead. She wouldn't be able to transfer her soul into Gluttony, because she already used the last shard of the Philosopher's Stone, given to her by Hohenheim, to take Lyra's body. Thats why she needed Al in the first place. And if she even managed to survive, she still would be dead. Her body is decomposing, remember? In a couple of hours her entire body would be ashes.

--------------------
Hito wa nanika no gisei nashi ni, nani mo eru koto wa dekinai.
Nanika wo eru tame ni wa, doutou no daika ga hitsuyou ni naru. Sore ga renkinjutsu ni okeru "toukakoukan" no gensoku da. Sono koro, bokura wa sore ga sekai no shinjitsu da to shinjiteita.

- Alphonse Elric アルフォンズ エルリック

I promise to put a smiley on every post i make....either that or an explosive...

Using a key to gouge expletives on another's vehicle is a sign of trust and friendship.

You know, I like hanging out with you guys. Well, not YOU guys, but the stuff you guys have is great.

I hate people who love me. And they hate me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Feb 19 2007, 05:00 AM
Post #62

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Because a large part of this discussion is for episode 51, I'm moving this from FMA Anime Character Discussion forum to FMA Anime American Audience sub-forum. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
badsymbiote
post Feb 25 2007, 05:24 PM
Post #63

Citizen

Member No.: 37,673

Old News--Gluttony ate Dante. She had it comin', too. I always thought that's what happened, but I never confirmed it until I read the Conqueror of Shamballa article in the September (?--maybe August) 2006 issue of Anime Isider. It featured brief character update bios bridge to gap the last episode to the movie.

I think I got the month right, but look for Ichigo Kurasaki on the cover, just to be sure.
Not even sure if I should finish this post...seems kind of unnecessary. I mean, we all saw what happened. But this should put the issue to rest, at least.

--------------------
WE ARE VENOM--THE LETHAL PROTECTOR!

+Quote Post
Ivory_Alchemist
post May 10 2007, 05:10 PM
Post #64

Citizen

Member No.: 46,439

Homunculi eat red water stones to gain strenght, don't they? And since [spoiler]Dante's soul has changed body so many times, a part of the Philosopher's Stone inside of her. When Gluttony ate her, he also ate this part of the stone, and this was the thing that provoked his new form[/spoiler] in the movie:

Attached File  gluttonymovie2ce1.png ( 321.08K ) Number of downloads: 53

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/3556/gl...nymovie2ce1.png

<Edited to switch posting of 1 oversize pic from Image posting to an Attachment to stop stretching of the forum page sideways. Also covered part of post with Spoiler tag. ^^ 05/19/07 ~Tombow>

--------------------

Sergeant Sousuke Sagara

Please don't click Here

+Quote Post
Full Flame Alche...
post May 12 2007, 10:12 AM
Post #65

Apprentice

Member No.: 5,327

Hey wait! I made this thread!? ohmy.gif And it's still here? I don't even remember doing such a thing. It must have been a long time ago.
Anyway, after having seen the movie I now think that Dante was eaten and it serves her right too. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Homonculus Rule(except Wrath)

+Quote Post
spectre_vampire
post Jun 29 2007, 01:36 PM
Post #66

Citizen

Member No.: 42,966

**MOVIE SPOILERS HERE***

In the movie, [spoiler]Gluttony is discovered to still be in the underground city; he attacks Wrath and Al down there.[/spoiler] Also, [spoiler]on his side of the Gate, while Ed is dining with that movie director (alternate-version Pride), he catches a glimpse of a waitress who looks like Lyra. Apparently she shoots an angry look at him then walks away. Whether Lyra transferred herself to the other side is debatable, but it's possible.[/spoiler]

--------------------
EdxRose fan until I die!

+Quote Post
IttyBittyPretty
post Jul 7 2007, 03:30 PM
Post #67

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 35,364

Perhaps she summoned the Gate when she clapped her hands and it took her. She's inside it now, no longer rotting, but still looking for a way to escape. I surmise (and this is just speculation) if BONES makes either a movie sequel or a 2nd series, Dante will show up to bedevil the Elric brothers once more. True evil can't die, it just crawls into a deep, dark hole and licks it's wounds for awhile. Then it come back, big as life, and twice as ugly.

--------------------
IttyBittyPretty

My Ff.net author profile
my DA account!
My Flickr Photostream!

Tear off your own head, it's a doll revolution! - ELvis Costello

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 01:42 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css