HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

42 Pages V  « < 38 39 40 41 42 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Fma-1 Conqueror Of Shamballa Movie Summary, FMA-1 and FMA CoS SPOILERS inside!!
CHUA!
post Mar 7 2006, 05:39 PM
Post #586

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,039

just watched it on youtube (its subbed) wat a stupid ending lol

--------------------
OOOH look transmutation circles

IPB ImageIPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Mar 7 2006, 10:29 PM
Post #587

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,040

QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Mar 7 2006, 04:29 AM) [snapback]359835[/snapback]

Envy in the manga? He/She (Better put it like that since our dear Arakawa refuses to tell us his/her true gender or even if she/he is androgynous dry.gif) is pathetic to the highest point...and it just hurts. Looks like Arakawa considers him/her as a humour factor, even if he (Oh, screw it! He's a boy for me!) has got his serious moments...Sometimes looks like Arakawa wants us to dislike him and to make him loose fans...Aha, Arakawa...You fail...Yes, I still like manga!Envy in a way but still think the anime one is wayyyy deeper and interesting. Sorry.

Really? I really like the MangaEnvy. He and Ed have such an odd relationship. The way they just sit there and have occassional conversations when you're thinking you two are ENEMIES WHY ARE YOU CHATTING?!?! Then they devolve into trying to kill each other. MangaEnvy seems to have more of a personality, he goes from evil and trying to kill Ed to freaking out and not wanting to fight with Ed. I don't see AnimeEnvy as being deep or interesting. He seems to be just one track I-hate-Hoho-and-all-his-progeny-and-want-them-dead........... I totally agree though, MangaEnvy is a humour factor and it seems like Arakawa alternately wants us to like/dislike him/her/it. BUT I think he/she/it is funny. Maybe I'm just easy to please. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I think of Envy as male (probably because of the Anime) but I almost wonder if it's going to be a girl in the Manga. There's a scene right before Greed dies where he calls Envy a B---H (which is a term usually reserved for a woman) and Envy gets this shocked look (like maybe how did you know?) and then gets really mad. Could just be me reading into things again though.

I think I went off topic somewhere......... biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Automne
post Mar 8 2006, 05:03 AM
Post #588

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 13,171

Anime!Envy too sometimes goes from the 'cute' personality to the 'murderous' one but he and Manga!Envy are just as sadistic. And from what I saw in the manga, and if I remember correctly, Manga!Ed and Manga!Envy are also always fighting, verbally or physically, it always leads to fight.

In Gluttony's stomach, Ed was desperate and Envy was certainly his only way to get out of here.

Anime!Envy is envious for a good reason while I never saw the Manga!One jealous of anyone. Not even the all monster thing is an excuse and Lust is even less lustful than the anime one, or at least, I didn't see many men lust after her. Plus, the 'old hag' insult from Envy doesn't arrange anything.

Now for the all 'b*tch' insult, the actual writting of the manga is in japanese. What tells you that, in japanese, calling a boy a b*tch is not common...At least, in France, it isn't surprising. And I think Envy got more angered because of the 'ugly' comment than the 'b*tch' one. It's not a secret that Envy's true form is ugly, and purely ridiculous, or at least to me.

So, yes, IMO, the anime one is way better.

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Mar 8 2006, 11:11 AM
Post #589

State Alchemist (Major)

Yeah, that's true, MangaEnvy certainly doesn't seem to be very envious of anything. I guess it's just personal preference, for some reason I just like MangaEnvy more. Maybe it's because he doesn't beat the crap out of people as much as AnimeEnvy does OR it could just be that MangaEnvy doesn't [spoiler] keyhole Ed like the Anime one does, at least not yet anyway [/spoiler]. I didn't really see anyone in the Manga or Anime lusting after Lust with the exception of that doctor guy that she killed. And maybe Scar too, in the Anime at least. I almost wondered if Lust wasn't slightly lusting after Roy Mustang, when he finally kills her she makes a comment along the lines of at least she got to be killed by someone like him. I thought she meant someone attractive like him but she could have just meant someone intelligent or strong or whatever. Yeah, I forgot about the Japanese/English language change thing so that makes more sense with Greed and Envy.

AHHhh! I'm SO off-topic! Okay, um, I actually wish we'd had ANY dialogue from Envy in the movie. From what I remember, he never says anything at all, just tries to kill Ed and then happily munches on Hoho. I was surpsised also that Hoho could even force Envy's jaws closed. Envy was a very large dragon and Hoho wasn't in a very good position to get a purchase. Perhaps Envy just gave in and crunched him. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Winkle
post Mar 13 2006, 10:48 PM
Post #590

Apprentice

Member No.: 27,948

Hrm... I can't say I'm a fan of Envy in either version. Manga-Envy seems more tamed and yes, gets less plot and focus and development.

But then Anime-Envy has zero development whatsoever either. Sure, he's a "deeper" character then his Manga version but he's still one-dimensional. Anime-Envy is just always pissed off and bitter and hates all humans, especially Ed because he's jealous of him. That's it, he never changes, never developes, all he ever does is sprout his little bit about how he's angry at everyone and everything and how much he hates Ed and so forth.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)

+Quote Post
Automne
post Mar 14 2006, 05:28 AM
Post #591

Winkle: I actually agree, there's no true development, except that maybe Envy becomes even more hateful but, at least, he's in character compared to the manga one, which, I'll say it once again, I find pathetic...Once again, I blame Bones, and I think you'll agree with me, if he had met Hoho and they had had some explainations, I'm sure Envy would have changed in more way than one...But at least, there's way more room for fanfic writers who can develop Envy themselves and I had a lot of funs doing it myself, let's also count the deepness of his characters.

Jedi: Yep, I would have loved a dialogue too...And I would have liked him to be in another form: A human one; his true one or favorite one, it doesn't matter, but at least a form where Hoho and he could have had some explainations...And maybe, Envy would have changed in more ways than one, like I already said.

--------------------

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

+Quote Post
«°~Envy™~°»
post Mar 14 2006, 07:31 AM
Post #592

Alchemists

Member No.: 13,950

QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Feb 25 2006, 04:55 AM) [snapback]354703[/snapback]

QUOTE(Jedi28 Posted Yesterday @ 06:22 PM)
Winry is the ONLY woman they've been in contact with who has never betrayed Ed! So who's the logical one he should have been with? biggrin.gif

None, there's no woman he should have been with or who is logical for him. Bones also anihilated any form of love at the end of the movie by making Noah leave so yeah, EdXNo one = OTP!!!!1!

hunny stop being a perv tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Automne
post Mar 14 2006, 09:43 AM
Post #593

But 'No one' is not a person. tongue.gif

--------------------

-NOT MINE

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Mar 14 2006, 12:47 PM
Post #594

State Alchemist (Major)

Sure it is, haven't you ever seen Bleach? Oh wait, that's NoName I guess. laugh.gif tongue.gif I keep thinking of Bleach every time I see the scene of Ed getting keyholed by Envy. I think "Oh look, now he's a Hollow, better go call Ichigo." So sad, so sad. smile.gif

Yep, I totally agree with you. If they were absolutely going to stick Ed with someone and that was that, then the logical choice should have been Winry. BUT I think Ed and Al should both stay single. The whole theme of the show is the bond between them, such a bond would be broken if they went off and got married. It would especially have been messed up in just one got married, then you'd have the whole third wheel thing. Also, I can't picture either of them getting married and settling down to have a family life.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wookster
post Mar 14 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #595

Citizen

Member No.: 32,901

So right around 1:33:10 on the movie I downloaded when Ed seperates a piece of the plane from himself and Mustang/Al is where I wish they had done something different. They progressed Winry and Ed for so long and they kind of just give it up and let it all go. In the subs Al says "What are you going to do with Winry?" to Ed as he's turning away. Ed says "Tell her I said thanks for this," and holds up his new arm. Then Al flips out of course, and they switch to Winry's point of view seeing the ship take off. She says "That's probably Ed," followed by "So you're not going to let us wait." Now is my sub'd version of the movie messed up or what the hell does that mean? Does she mean so you're not going to let us wait as in so we won't ever be together? I disslike how they just cut it short, and then at the end she's just studying and they zoom in on a picture of the boys. I know it's not realistic if it's a happy ending, but come on.
Other than that I thought the movie was awesome, however I wouldn't say no to a second movie... though I doubt that'll happen.
If anyone can help me out as to what Winry meant and how that all worked, I thank you in advance.

+Quote Post
Automne
post Mar 14 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #596

Someone said in a thread Ed and Al were soulmates, but of course, soulmates without 'that kind of relationship'. I agree with them.

And Wookster, Winry said that because she was certainly in love with Ed, but I doubt Ed ever felt the same way. And yes, it certainly also meant 'we won't ever be together again'.

--------------------

-NOT MINE

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Mar 14 2006, 03:18 PM
Post #597

State Alchemist (Major)

If you want Ed/Winry you'll have better luck with the Manga. Though, at the moment it's kinda the same, Winry's in love with Ed but he's yet to realize that Winry's a GIRL! tongue.gif

SinLuxuria- That's the PERFECT description. Ed and Al are pure PLATONIC soulmates. That's why they need to be together and not have anyone else split them up, which I know is a line Al says in the Anime and I think he says something very similiar in the Manga as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Winkle
post Mar 14 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #598

Apprentice

Member No.: 27,948

I don't think Winry would split them up though, seeing as how the three have been together since they were at least 5 years old. And it seems like she's one of the few women in their lives that truly understand them.

But oh well, I digress.

Anyway, the subtitles I saw had her say "you're not going to let me wait" or something to that effect. My interpretation of that, is she just basically gave up on him. Of course, that's MY interpretation so don't take it as law or whatever.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Mar 16 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #599

State Alchemist (Major)

There's a screencap of the last scene with Winry in the gallery that shows her sitting at the table with Den. She looks really depressed, not like someone who has come to terms with Ed AND Al ditching her. I don't know why Bones did it that way.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fishy
post Mar 23 2006, 04:12 AM
Post #600

Citizen

Member No.: 33,444

[/quote]
How tall is Ed supposedly in the movie?
And is Roy,Riza,Winry,and Hommneim alive?
Does anybody have a height chart?
And did Envy finally get killed?
And what happened to Ed and Al?
[/quote]

Q: How tall is Ed supposedly in the movie?
A: I watched the japanese version in YouTube, and it looked like Ed grew, and that he and Al are now the same height. Remember, though, that Al is about 13 years old in the movie, due to the fact that he came back in his childhood body, and that Ed's already 18...

Q: Is Roy, Riza, Winry, and Hohenheim alive?
A: If you read the summary, you'll know that Roy, Riza, and Winry are alive and well (though Roy still has his eyepatch, poor guy). Hohenheim, however, gets killed by Envy in the movie. Or rather, he forced Envy to kill him (sniff).

Q: Does anybody have a height chart?
A: No, but if someone did Ed would have destroyed it immediatly. I think the only person shorter than him was Nina, and she's a toddler.

Q: Did Envy finally get killed?
A: ENVY, MY DARLING!! I'LL NEVER LET THAT HAPPEN!! Unfortunately, he does. Envy was used as a sacrifice to open the gate from our world, along with Hohenheim.

Q: What happened to Ed and Al?
A: I don't want to tell you. Go read the summary and cry your eyes out, its that sad. They end up together though, I'll tell you that.

+Quote Post

42 Pages V  « < 38 39 40 41 42 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 02:51 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css