HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 936 937 938 939 940 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
amestris_star
post Apr 10 2009, 09:31 AM
Post #14056

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,594

I still don't know why everybody is worrying about the fake Royai thing... Riza said that because she knew it wasn't Roy right in front of her. She definitely wouldn't have said that in the presence of Roy.

Plus, Riza knows Roy for... FOREVER... so there was something in the way Envy was talking to her that made suspiscious, hence why she told him what she told him.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Apr 10 2009, 09:37 AM
Post #14057

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

Between Ed, Scar, and Riza, I think they'll be able to get Roy out of it.

All three of them know that despite everything, Roy has a good heart and will do amazing things as Fueher - he just has to live long enough to make it. Both Ed & Scar know the levels of grief that Roy felt when Maes died and of course Scar knows what can happen when one is hellbent on revenge.

Riza is Roy's rock, as she keeps him grounded as he does for her. Riza will never let Roy down as she knows that since she created the 'Flame Alchemist', failing him is the same as failing herself.

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Apr 10 2009, 09:41 AM
Post #14058

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

I still don't know why everybody is worrying about the fake Royai thing... Riza said that because she knew it wasn't Roy right in front of her.

More like "She wasn't sure", no?

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 10 2009, 09:45 AM
Post #14059

QUOTE (Sannom @ Apr 10 2009, 06:41 PM) *
I still don't know why everybody is worrying about the fake Royai thing... Riza said that because she knew it wasn't Roy right in front of her.

A couple of phrases and she got him - she said that thing just to confirm.

--------------------

Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Apr 10 2009, 09:47 AM
Post #14060

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (Sannom @ Apr 10 2009, 01:41 PM) *

Yeah... I guess it was more like that XD
And, really, I didn't know I would bring such an uproar with what I said, I was just wondering XD lol

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Forgiven
post Apr 10 2009, 10:09 AM
Post #14061

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,878

I know this is probably old news, or maybe it was just a joke, but here you go:

Editor's Note: I'm told that in the manga it was specified that Riza loves Mustang. If you have any additional information about this, please contact me. I'm also told that in the August 2006 issue of Beckett Anime Insider there is a section called anime amour in which Riza and Mustang's relationship is discussed. They say "Their relationship might be subtle but it's there, they prove a relationship doesn't have to be lovey dovey to be strong." It also says "Roy and Riza share a level of intimacy that goes beyond words. They never say I love you but it is clear that they do love each other. Roy and Riza are not simply lovers but also friends and companions in the journey toward completing Roy's goals."

Taken from this website: http://www.absoluteanime.com/fullmetal_alchemist/riza.htm

Might have posted this already, just not sure.

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 10 2009, 10:16 AM
Post #14062

That is so cute <3

Well, whatever they do screams Royai to me, even a look, or a phrase. Even this chapter had hints to me.
Might be teeny weeny obsessed but nevermind, I like it >D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Makika
post Apr 10 2009, 11:51 AM
Post #14063

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,737

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Apr 10 2009, 12:37 PM) *
I just hope his rampage is over already and he comes to his senses... He's trully a good person and would be really 'lost' if he doesn't. Riza is really one amazing person..

But, about that whole 'fake Royai', I'm kinda wondering now that I've read the hole thing with translations and all: Riza didn't seem to suspect Envy when he first appeared as Roy. Something about what he said when he asked her to keep close and follow (and called her Lieutenant) made her realize it wasn't him... But WHAT made her realize?
From her expression it seems that him calling her lieutenant really caught her attention, somehow.
Or maybe it was the fact that he accepted her following him without much of a fight??

I think the thing about him calling her lieutenant is not a trick, Roy really calls she by Riza when they're together and alone.
She just say that because if Envy escape, he can't mess up with them, like he made with Hughes (using the love for Gracia, if u remember, Envy told them about how he killed Hughes).

--------------------

+Quote Post
spectator
post Apr 10 2009, 12:33 PM
Post #14064

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

I am really impressed by Riza's rationality. The newest chapter indicates that Riza is not a typical soldier who follows order blindly. Maybe, she got the lesson from the fight early between Mustang and Lust -- never let Mustang out of her sight, not even one second.

Not only that, she almost got Envy on her own WITHOUT ALCHEMY. She and her firearms pwn! We shouldn't have worry so much about her. After all, she is Mustang's 'Queen'.

Instead, Mustang is the one I have been worrying about since he started to pursue Envy. Although his fighting ability is superb, if without any backup plus the fact that he is consumed by madness and rage makes him in a disadvantage position. I am really glad that Riza stepped in just in time.

Another long month to know Mustang's ultimate choice.

SNAP OUT OF IT MUSTANG! YOU STILL HAVE A WAR TO FIGHT!

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Apr 10 2009, 02:11 PM
Post #14065

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

I was dying this whole chapter. Wow, Roy's really lost it, but its SOOO good..I hope they can snap him out of it soon, because if he wouldn't listen to Riza (and went as far as to snap at her like that) then he must be really out of it.

But it was nice seeing Envy get his [All hail lord Xenu] kicked anyway, though I don't want it to be Roy that kills him, because he's so set on revenge and I'm sure Hughes isnt happy with this at all...

Riza living up to her promise made me go ZOMG that was amazing...My personal fave scene...and her kicking Envy's @$$ too...

As I read it, I thought wouldn't it be hilarious is she shot him in the head and we were like WHAT and then it turned out to be a tranquilizer? tongue.gif

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Apr 10 2009, 02:13 PM
Post #14066

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (Forgiven @ Apr 10 2009, 02:09 PM) *
I know this is probably old news, or maybe it was just a joke, but here you go:

Editor's Note: I'm told that in the manga it was specified that Riza loves Mustang. If you have any additional information about this, please contact me. I'm also told that in the August 2006 issue of Beckett Anime Insider there is a section called anime amour in which Riza and Mustang's relationship is discussed. They say "Their relationship might be subtle but it's there, they prove a relationship doesn't have to be lovey dovey to be strong." It also says "Roy and Riza share a level of intimacy that goes beyond words. They never say I love you but it is clear that they do love each other. Roy and Riza are not simply lovers but also friends and companions in the journey toward completing Roy's goals."

Taken from this website: http://www.absoluteanime.com/fullmetal_alchemist/riza.htm

Might have posted this already, just not sure.

Actually, yes, that has been mentioned before... But whoever said that there's confirmation in the manga that Riza loves Roy. NO, it doesn't. Not up until now. They sure share a deep bound between the two of them and it's somewhat implied that they have some 'unsolved issues' (at least I can't see any other reason for Riza snapping like she did by the mere idea of Roy being killed), but there's no such thing as a clear statement on that.
Whatever is the true nature of their relationship, is not clear, yet.

QUOTE (Makika @ Apr 10 2009, 03:51 PM) *
I think the thing about him calling her lieutenant is not a trick, Roy really calls she by Riza when they're together and alone.
She just say that because if Envy escape, he can't mess up with them, like he made with Hughes (using the love for Gracia, if u remember, Envy told them about how he killed Hughes).

Yes, but the only time we actually SEE him calling her Riza was when they were teens and in a VERY extreme situation: the death of Master Hawkeye. And could be out of desperation, since they weren't military and, by the looks of it, not that intimate in any way.

QUOTE (spectator @ Apr 10 2009, 04:33 PM) *
I am really impressed by Riza's rationality. The newest chapter indicates that Riza is not a typical soldier who follows order blindly. Maybe, she got the lesson from the fight early between Mustang and Lust -- never leave Mustang out of her side, not even one second.

Not only that, she almost got Envy on her own WITHOUT ALCHEMY. She and her firearms pwn! We shouldn't have worry so much about her. After all, she is Mustang's 'Queen'.

Instead, Mustang is the one I have been worrying about since he started to pursue Envy. Although his fighting ability is superb, if without any backup plus the fact that he is consumed by madness and rage makes him in a disadvantage position. I am really glad that Riza stepped in just in time.

Another long month to know Mustang's ultimate choice.

SNAP OUT OF IT MUSTANG! YOU STILL HAVE A WAR TO FIGHT!

Yes, she's REALLY something, isn't she?

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 10 2009, 03:15 PM
Post #14067

I always thought Chapter 39 confirms Royai to the full, with many many other instances following it.

With respect to Chapter 94, Riza (possibly with the help of Ed and Scar) is the only person that can make him step out of his current state of mind.
She's the person that knows him best in the world to put it straight, so... it's all up to her.
Darn, I'm already yearning for 95 now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
crazyanimefan
post Apr 10 2009, 04:45 PM
Post #14068

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,696

Holy cow, I am dying! This chapter made me scream out loud and read on the edge of my seat. Riza, who is freaking amazing, is really Roy's rock. She's what keeps him stable, sane, and keeps him in line. She knows he's gone to far and she's devoted enough to keep her promise and hold her gun to his head. But waiting a VERY long month to find out what happens next? KILLER.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rainbowcatgirl
post Apr 10 2009, 07:09 PM
Post #14069

Citizen

Member No.: 49,427

I have a question .

Riza siad that " The Colonel only calls me Riza when were alone" then she tells Envy " Just kidding", Was she really kidding or not?

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Apr 10 2009, 08:08 PM
Post #14070

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (rainbowcatgirl @ Apr 10 2009, 11:09 PM) *
I have a question .

Riza siad that " The Colonel only calls me Riza when were alone" then she tells Envy " Just kidding", Was she really kidding or not?

No way to tell XD
But, she probably was kidding.

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 936 937 938 939 940 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 11:21 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css