HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 5: Rain Of Sorrows - Content Discussion Thread,, Warning! Possible Spoilers for the first 5 episodes!
edo little kid
post May 3 2009, 09:32 PM
Post #46

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,158

QUOTE (Tezrath @ May 3 2009, 09:05 PM) *
Odd scene 2) Scar leaving Ed alive and turning to the military

Makes perfect sense to me. Ed is not a threat. He is laying there (pathetically, I might add) and was waiting for the death that Scar decreed for him (in return for sparing his brother). After dealing with the meddling troops Scar no doubt feels confident that Ed will still be there. He won't leave his brother, he can't use alchemy with his arm destroyed, and Al can't leave either with his damage. In other words, they are going nowhere. More important to Scar is hearing Mustang's name. That's when he steps away from Ed. Mustang is, after all, one of the 'war heroes' of the Ishval massacre... Thus Scar would undoubtably bear more of a grudge against him then against kid that was 2 at the time the fighting began, and 9 when the actual massacre took place. Targeting Ed is because of the State alchemist certification. Targeting Mustang is personal.

Nice , I agree with you in this point wink.gif

and welcome in board!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post May 3 2009, 09:52 PM
Post #47

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

I don't think it was weird at all that Scar turned to Mustang. Ed's already immobilized, he's obviously not going to run as long as his brother's there, and even if he did, Scar has a much better target in front of him.

I'm just baffled with Roy's lack of foresight in not having his troops fire until they're completely out of bullets. I know that "dead men tell no tales", but if it's this one man, killing the State Alchemists, and he's already killed Gran, eff him. The grandstanding by Roy and Armstrong is exactly what prevented apprehending Scar.

Protip to State Alchemists: Guys, you don't need to use alchemy in every situation. Sometimes, bullets work just as well. You're soldiers, not superheroes.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Hagane no Baka
post May 4 2009, 03:46 AM
Post #48

Citizen

Member No.: 66,287

Well I'm slightly dissapointed with this episode. But only slightly, it's like the quality of the episode fell on the level of the 3rd episode (which in my book means it's on the 3rd place out of 4 places by rating: 1st place: ep 4, 2nd: ep 1, 3rd: ep 3/5 and last ep 2). I personally am bothered with this inconsistency :/

Anyway I liked the dream scene and pretty much everything till the scene where Scar blows half of Al's armour. After that everything just seemed plastic again (the pacing was off at places). Am I the only who hated Armstrong's comedic flash? dry.gif I think it was done better in the 1st series. Here it just seemed out of atmosphere. I did love all Hughes' lines (here's some humour I do enjoy and I never get tired of it) biggrin.gif Mustang was a bit too cold. And the line where Ed's says 'We're both all torn up..' was made better the first time too. And the useless scene as well. And here's the thing that bothered me too:

QUOTE (penguintruth @ May 3 2009, 09:52 PM) *
Protip to State Alchemists: Guys, you don't need to use alchemy in every situation. Sometimes, bullets work just as well. You're soldiers, not superheroes.

The whole thing 'Scar miraculously dodging all of Hawkeye's bullets, Armstrong all to himself, military not firing' just seemed kind of illogical to me.

I also found the Ishval introduction kind of off, but I did love the scene where everyone's sitting at Mustang's office. It really captured the manga feel of that kind of curious moment happy.gif And I enjoyed where Ed sort of introduces what will happen next; when we get to see Winry, as well.

All in all, I'd give this episode 3 stars out of 5. To me it seems like this episode was another sloppy made one. They did a terrific job with the previous one, but only coz they knew this is one of the most famous FMA scenes in general and that people are going to expect much (and you can actually see this in the animation drop as well!) What, are they going to gradually drop to 'averageness' just coz people don't expect much untill another such episode comes forth? It's just like throwing a juicy steak to us so we can be satisfied for a while, afterwards we can get scraps and bones untill there's time for another feast :/ I don't know, I guess I'll have to rewatch the episode, maybe afterwards I'll like it better.

Oh and I do love the new Brothers theme! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Becca-chan
post May 4 2009, 05:39 AM
Post #49

Alchemists

Member No.: 39,345

I thought that this episode was alright...although I wouldn't say that it was outstandingly awesome, but it was good; that's all I can say about it really. XD;

The nightmare scene was played out very well; although unfortunately I didn't find it too creepy. ^^;
It was something that made me go 'Eeeech' but that's about it, although I once had to pause it for something and it stopped on when Nina and Alexander are morphing and that just made me feel disgusted. O.O;

I noticed some people have said about the art apparently being different and off-model in places in this episode...I can't really say that I noticed the difference in the art all that much and even if I did, it was no big deal.

The expressions were nicely done, and there were some parts that actually got me to giggle and other parts made me go 'Awww' ; All in all, this was a nice episode to watch.

I also managed to grab a limited number of screenshots from a high definition spanish sub, but I wouldn't say it's a wide selection.

--------------------
Becca-chan; Your local Tucker addict...I am 100% sane, I swear! O.O;

+Quote Post
Rayray105445
post May 4 2009, 07:00 AM
Post #50

Citizen

Member No.: 68,372

The episode was not very good... I just didn't get that old "My name is Edward! I am not bean sized!" Feel from it. I liked how Edward was frozen with fear, because it really portrays how young he is.

That beginning part though when Nina and Alexander morphed and Edo's mom turned into that monster thing made me feel sick. It was quite gross XD

Am I the only one who noticed they changed Edo's hair? Its not outlined anymore and its bit more frail!

--------------------
I cosplay as Edo Elric! I am sexy (Eh, not really...?) and short and I am proud of it!! XD

+Quote Post
Miverel
post May 4 2009, 07:47 AM
Post #51

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,027

In my opinion it was the best episode fo far. There were angst, drama action. Roy's cute 'pufff', Riza covering Ed with her coat, ENVY and a lot of goodies! Ed's dream was ultra awesome! And his sorrowful wake-up... And whole this drama in Ed x Al dialogues! Simply amazing!

Animation was very smooth (I was very surprised *___*), and arts were very good. Despite the fact that I hate way of drawing profiles in this series! Blaaah!

However, there can't be only sweetnes and advantages...

I HATE new Envy's voice! It's more masculine, nevertheless Envy's sex is unknown in manga... I prefered old, Mayumi Yamaguchi's dubbing... It was equivocal and very interesting! In addition new one is too similar to Paku Romi's voice!!! At first I thought Envy was recorded by Paku! XD Another BLAAAH!
If I were them I wouldn't change ANY seiyuu...

To sum up... Envy - YAAAY <3, action and drama!
Drawback: profiles, seiyuu.

That's all from me today~! *^^*

--------------------

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post May 4 2009, 08:19 AM
Post #52

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

I must admit I loved this episode unconitionally. Scar felt like he really really ment to kill everyone involved and I stopped mesuring the scenes with manga/anime1 and just enjoyed myself. Wow. Scar dodging bullets was amazing. He IS fast, no wonder he managed to kill som many state alchemists.
Lior... this Lust is evil to the bone, cherishing every moment of her job. I held my breath when Envy was about to speak. New VA, but the voice suits him/her/it.

And I like the watercolor/painting feel to the backgrounds... I'm hopeless rolleyes.gif

And the look on Mustang's face as Scar's hand swished by... priceless tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post May 4 2009, 09:50 AM
Post #53

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

Cool. I bought the Uso single on Saturday (didn't feel like getting the version with the dvd, despite the fact that it was there), but I forgot to open it in the car.

Need to check if the other Kinokuniya in SF has the Yui single (San Jose didn't have it and I suspect it was sold out).

On the subject of the episode, I thought it was great. I really liked that they kept Edward's nightmare and I loved the Ishbal flashback (it's funny seeing how young they all were in that shot). I also loved the look of the entire episode, mostly because of the whole watercolor painting feel to it.

Rie's Al during the chastising of Ed was fantastic, as you can hear the raw emotion cutting & breaking through. To me, it really seems that there's a lot more emotion coming from the VAs this time around. I also really love how much more expressive everyone else (Roy especially) with their eyes - as that definitely feels more in line with the manga.

+Quote Post
Cece
post May 4 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #54

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,077

Scar owned in this episode. The nightmare scene was creepy and well done. It's not as good as episode 4 but I liked it all the same. Can't wait for the next episode.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post May 4 2009, 10:53 AM
Post #55

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

Oh yeah, and I loved the character cards they used for this episode: only manly men can pull off the hot pink laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 4 2009, 11:15 AM
Post #56

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Program Note>

QUOTE (edo little kid @ May 4 2009, 11:34 AM) *
hi , I have a new pic

I think it's drawn about Episode 5 cool.gif
---------------------

---------------------
yeah , my best episodes list : biggrin.gif
1)-Ep5 !! , 2)-Ep4 , 3)-Ep3 , 4)-Ep1 , 5)-Ep2 .

------------------
QUOTE (amestris_star @ May 4 2009, 11:36 AM) *
Wait, wait, WAIT!
Totally unrelated to the ep... where's that pic from? *____* I think I need a grand scan of that!
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ May 4 2009, 12:05 PM) *
It's the cover of the USO singiel.

Thank you, edo little kid for th epic, and amestris_star for the question, and Kasumisty for the info!! biggrin.gif

I'm moving the posts to FMA Brotherhood news and JP site watch thread... although it can also go to FMA-2 ED discussion thread and/or FMA-2 OP/ED & Soundtrack thread, so feel free to add that info to these threads also. biggrin.gif

=============

~ Now, please resume regular discussions. ~ biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post May 4 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #57

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

Well, I realized that I forgot to mention the homunculi when I gave my opinion last night (guess I was tired).

Well, Lust was great, with her evil smiles and all. Gluttony sounds like a old man! What happened to making him sound cute?! Even in the dub of the first anime, he didn't sound like this.
I like Envy's voice! I think it fits him/her. The transformation from cornello to his/her usual form was a little strange. I'll have to look at it carefully when watching it again.

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
chikolu
post May 4 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #58

Citizen

Member No.: 68,072

i loved this episode because is exactly the same as the manga. I think that in the next episode they are going to move Marcoh to Rizembul or something like that, because they area going to put 2 chapters in one episode like episode 5. Im new in this forum and my english is not very good hehehe so i hope you can understand my opint of view

+Quote Post
Miverel
post May 4 2009, 01:48 PM
Post #59

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,027

And I've noticed that homunculi has oroboros sign like in first anime adaptation...

The star inside the dragon circle is different... And I wonder why...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post May 4 2009, 03:13 PM
Post #60

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

So I finally watched the episode and I loved it!

I thought the Ed vs. Scar fight could have been longer...but in reality, I guess it fit the pace of the manga in anime form.

The humor was perfect! It fit right in and made me laugh happy.gif.

I also liked the introduction of the Ishbalans and their strife with Amestris. We got glimpses of some other soldiers and a nice map of Amestris for everyone.

I'm really excited with how this show is being paced now and can't wait until things get more hectic.

Also....ENVY! Oh, I love Manga!Envy so much and am glad to finally meet him, her, it...IT, lol. XP

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 03:42 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css