HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 104 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Rating 5 V
jelly_Ace
post Feb 11 2010, 12:04 AM
Post #271

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,476

Pride. Arrogance. Hubris. Icarus.

I guess it'll be a happy ending, after all.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mellulah
post Feb 11 2010, 12:18 AM
Post #272

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,956

Father flew too close to the sun. Now he shall lose his wings.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ulfhade
post Feb 11 2010, 01:31 AM
Post #273

Citizen

From: The place that whispers in your dreams and screams in your nightmares
Member No.: 72,314

Wonderful chapter, as usual. XD I was very surprised at how long it was!

I'm very happy to discover I had NO CLUE as to what Father was really trying to do, and that it was above and beyond what I would have guessed.

Now, I might be off on a limb, but about the souls that Father has taken, are they aware of whats going on? I know that Hoenhiem was able to talk to the souls within him (and forgive me, but I don't see it where it says that he's lost all the souls inside him, I thought it was only just the few?), so does that mean that they can be aware of whats going on outside their hosts body?

Otherwise, I'm excited about what'll happen next. happy.gif

I know that much earlier in the series (when Ed finds out that you truly cannot bring the dead back to life), Izumi makes a note saying that Ed might be the one "to defeat the truth one day". Perhaps this'll show up?

And another thing (sorry, I'll shut up soon), when Greedling first took on Ed and the chimeras as his minions, Ling mentions that they could jump into the portal to obtain their bodies back. Was that referring to what Father just did now, or something later?

--------------------
Ulfhade: A member of the rare species Fangirlus intelligentus. While prone to fits of "squees" and "OMG<CHARACTER>", this particular species retains cognitive thought absent in the much more populous Fangirlus annoyingus.

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Feb 11 2010, 08:07 AM
Post #274

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

QUOTE (Ulfhade @ Feb 11 2010, 02:31 AM) *
Now, I might be off on a limb, but about the souls that Father has taken, are they aware of whats going on? I know that Hoenhiem was able to talk to the souls within him (and forgive me, but I don't see it where it says that he's lost all the souls inside him, I thought it was only just the few?), so does that mean that they can be aware of whats going on outside their hosts body?

I don't think so. Hohenheim had to work for a tremendous amount of time to separate each individual voice inside him and speak with them. Only then did they get back a sense of individuality and were able to "act" on their own terms. Father on the other hand, never tried to separate those voices, and he is unaffected by the big, loud mess the un-separated voices make, so I don't think the souls inside can have their individuality back unless they're directly spoken to.

+Quote Post
Ulfhade
post Feb 11 2010, 02:20 PM
Post #275

Citizen

From: The place that whispers in your dreams and screams in your nightmares
Member No.: 72,314

QUOTE (Sannom @ Feb 11 2010, 07:07 AM) *
I don't think so. Hohenheim had to work for a tremendous amount of time to separate each individual voice inside him and speak with them. Only then did they get back a sense of individuality and were able to "act" on their own terms. Father on the other hand, never tried to separate those voices, and he is unaffected by the big, loud mess the un-separated voices make, so I don't think the souls inside can have their individuality back unless they're directly spoken to.

Aah, I see. I didn't think about that. It makes sense then.

--------------------
Ulfhade: A member of the rare species Fangirlus intelligentus. While prone to fits of "squees" and "OMG<CHARACTER>", this particular species retains cognitive thought absent in the much more populous Fangirlus annoyingus.

+Quote Post
Fullmetal666
post Feb 11 2010, 06:33 PM
Post #276

Citizen

Member No.: 71,879

This is getting silly. So Father is more powerful then God? The longer the manga drags on, the more I like the first anime.
The stories started to get more confusing, and is starting to make less sense.

--------------------
Lust: Maybe you are right. Where did I come from, and where will I go when I die? Maybe all this time, that is what I wanted... the freedom to find out.

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Feb 12 2010, 07:36 AM
Post #277

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

QUOTE (mellulah @ Feb 11 2010, 07:18 AM) *

*nods* true true, I forgot about that quoat, but I allways loved that analogy

--------------------

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Feb 12 2010, 12:53 PM
Post #278

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

After having read the chapter... I have absolutely nothing to contribute with!

Okay, that's not entirely true, but nothing plot-wise, no theories or clever details noticed.

One thought that came to mind: Why does almost every manga or anime series that I really like end up involving tentacles at some point? They seem normal enough at first, sure, but once they've lured you in they let go of all inhibitions and go crazieh, letting the tentacles fly. And by then you're already too far in/hooked to stop reading/watching... well, Japanese traditions, I guess...

Anyway, I also liked that little 'too close to the sun' monologue, and it would be cool if Father's downfall would play on that early quote in the series.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Cece
post Feb 12 2010, 03:37 PM
Post #279

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,077

QUOTE (Fullmetal666 @ Feb 11 2010, 09:33 PM) *
This is getting silly. So Father is more powerful then God? The longer the manga drags on, the more I like the first anime.

Go back a re read the entire manga. If you came in a read the manga half way through than you won't understand it. All villans try to be greater then 'god' or should I say all villans try to obtain ultimate power. Now had you did you homework and read all the FMA manga than you would know Father 's plan involved obtaining some great power. Now go back and read the whole manga and come back.

--------------------

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Feb 12 2010, 05:51 PM
Post #280

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

QUOTE (Fullmetal666 @ Feb 12 2010, 08:33 AM) *

maybe u just a bit confused because we read the "Final Chapters" separatedly every months and we will forget some major or minor things from the former chapter and made us confuse "why this?" "this happened before? when?". just like the first anime is also confusing, but we understand it anyway in the end. first anime is as good as manga and FMAB, i think. but hiromu arakawa is a pure genius, she wont let the readers go confused.

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Feb 12 2010, 06:36 PM
Post #281

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

QUOTE (mellulah @ Feb 10 2010, 11:18 PM) *

OMG, I totally forgot about that quote that was waaay in the beginning of the series!

It would be nice if Arakawa brought back that quote as Father's downfall. I guess it would be a nice kind of irony. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Feb 12 2010, 07:10 PM
Post #282

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

QUOTE (Rainshine @ Feb 13 2010, 08:36 AM) *
QUOTE (mellulah @ Feb 10 2010, 11:18 PM) *

OMG, I totally forgot about that quote that was waaay in the beginning of the series!

It would be nice if Arakawa brought back that quote as Father's downfall. I guess it would be a nice kind of irony. smile.gif

OMG o.O i think ed will bring that quote once again in the end?? epic!! that is so true and i forgot that, wow wow. hiromu arakawa is a geniuuuuusss

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Feb 13 2010, 01:05 AM
Post #283

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

I have finally just read the chapter. And all I can say is "thank you Arakawa for giving me an awesome birthday chapter!" That chapter was the most intense and psychotic chapter of FMA.

I liked how Pinako and Winry both said Ed and Hohoenhiem. And Roy's hearing is now becoming stronger cause of lack of eyesight.

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Feb 13 2010, 03:32 AM
Post #284

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

No, there is no way Roy's hearing has become stronger because of his lack of eyesight, not so soon, not when he's so old tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Katya Martin
post Feb 13 2010, 01:41 PM
Post #285

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,181

I think it could, but not this quickly, at any rate. I think he's just paying more attention to what he hears.

--------------------

awesomeness by Arakawa, Project FMA banner by Aribelle, avatar by me
I draw things.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 11:26 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css