HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA Manga-anime Differences? How Well Are FMA Anime And FMA Manga Correlated?, SPOILERS inside!
Rating 5 V
nakagos bunny
post Oct 14 2005, 03:13 PM
Post #61

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,941

Someone told me there was a statement by Scar in the manga about having once been in love with a man who died in the Ishbalan war. Thus where the rumor he's canonically gay came from.

So in the anime, Envy's motivation for being so nasty is anger at Hoehnheim and Ed/Al over being abandoned. So if that's not true in the manga, what is his motive? Something else? Or nothing?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CSakuraS
post Oct 14 2005, 04:00 PM
Post #62

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,793

QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Oct 14 2005, 03:13 PM) [snapback]300301[/snapback]

Someone told me there was a statement by Scar in the manga about having once been in love with a man who died in the Ishbalan war. Thus where the rumor he's canonically gay came from.

BWUH? Now where did that come from?

QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Oct 14 2005, 03:13 PM) [snapback]300301[/snapback]

So in the anime, Envy's motivation for being so nasty is anger at Hoehnheim and Ed/Al over being abandoned. So if that's not true in the manga, what is his motive? Something else? Or nothing?

I don't think Envy really has any personal motives; as far as I can tell he just does what Father tells him and enjoys being malicious to people. He seems self conscious of his true appearance and hates being insulted or degraded. At times like these he shows he has quite a temper, but doesn't want to fight otherwise because he doesn't like feeling pain. He just seems like an overall cowardly, manipulative, mean-spirited creature, rather befitting of his name.

--------------------

ZOMG FRUIT TREE ALCHEMISTS!

Check out my Seven Deadly Sins Chart to dispel manga vs. anime confusion!

+Quote Post
Antimony
post Oct 14 2005, 04:01 PM
Post #63

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,225

QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Oct 14 2005, 06:13 PM) [snapback]300301[/snapback]

About the Scar thing. Very unlikely.

As for Envy, I think his only motives are to serve Father and have fun being an evil little boy ... uh, person ... whatever. He enjoys causing misery and killing people, and is proud of himself for starting the Ishbal massacre. But he doesn't have a grudge against anyone in particular, he just likes being evil.

--------------------
IPB Image

I've got a deviantART gallery! --> http://nanashi.deviantart.com/
I've got a fan art thread! --> http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=7090

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Oct 14 2005, 04:57 PM
Post #64

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

I kind of think Envy's true form is its motivation (in the manga Envy is neither male or female). to be so malicious. I kind of feel Envy hates its apperance that it takes that hatred out on others.

Whoever told you that Scar is gay in the manga was either fooling you or had no idea what they were talking about. Or they could have been talking about Scar's older brother who was killed in Ishbal and were confused. I am sure Scar did love his brother but not in a romantic sense.

+Quote Post
nakagos bunny
post Oct 14 2005, 07:25 PM
Post #65

Apprentice

I was hoping the Scar thing was true. That would be romantic, not to mention I'd give the author a lot of credit for making a major character gay, particularly one who doesn't fit the usual stereotypes of a gay man.

No child Wrath, eh? So the whole Izumi story is different then? She didn't try to revive a dead child?

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Oct 14 2005, 07:59 PM
Post #66

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

No child Wrath, eh? So the whole Izumi story is different then? She didn't try to revive a dead child?

No Izumi does try to revive her unboard child but since human transmutation does not create homunculus, Wrath is not connected to Izumi. Izumi also still loses her internal organs.

+Quote Post
Ciella
post Oct 14 2005, 08:01 PM
Post #67

Citizen

Member No.: 11,667

QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Oct 14 2005, 10:25 PM) [snapback]300442[/snapback]

I was hoping the Scar thing was true. That would be romantic, not to mention I'd give the author a lot of credit for making a major character gay, particularly one who doesn't fit the usual stereotypes of a gay man.

Izumi's story is still the same, just minus the annoying kid. She still had a failed birth and tryed to revive her child resulting in her organs being taken. But since the creation of homunculi differ in the manga, there was no humonculli as a result.

Edit: Ahh, Kiara beat me to it wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Oct 14 2005, 08:29 PM
Post #68

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 13 2005, 07:23 PM) [snapback]300012[/snapback]

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 13 2005, 06:19 PM) [snapback]299893[/snapback]

[*]Homonuculi can only be destroyed via the stated biblical/inferno punishment for each of their respective sins.

While the rest of your statements are facts at the moment, the one above is only a theory/postulation.
A more correct statement would be "Homunculi currently can only be totally destroyed by breaking them down into their basic components through some distilling process (like Greed), or killing away all the lifeforce contained in their core/PS (like Lust)."

*Gasp!*

Wikipedia hath forsaken me, then.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Reika
post Oct 16 2005, 11:34 PM
Post #69

Member No.: 11,740

I'm trying to post since yesterday >.<

SPOILERS!!!!!!!

More differences: In the manga:
-There's no "red stone" nor "red water"
-Al's soul was first transmutated into the "thing" they made without even knowing, then it died because of a body+soul rejection and Ed took Al's soul from the door consciously and transmutated it into the armor.
-Doc Marcoh is not dead (yet)
-the thing they transmutated is male (suggested in vol. 11)
-Armstrong has a big sister (recently stated by Arakawa XD)
-Al knows and does transmutate without a trans. circle by palming, like ed
-There's some whity thingy called "Truth" who has Ed's limbs
-The door is not like the "hell" done by... *can't remember who ^^U, don't kill me*, it's more like the tree of life
-Pinako didn't kill the thing, it was already dead and she buried it in the garden.
-The exam to state alchemist wasn't done with other people transmutating things at the "street", it was done in a room with pretty much people and Ed tried to attack the fuhrer by transmutating a lance and said "assassination could have been made as easyly"
-Scar killed Tucker and is dead, never transformed into a chimera
-Hughes was pressent in Ishval's war, and didn't stay in central in a desktop
-Roy's already 30
-They burned their home in 1911, not in 1910
-Roy's promoted to Colonel before than the anime, he was already a colonel when Ed went to central in the train (chap. 4? I think the title is "Battle of the train")
-There's more romance (specially ed/win, royai)
-Ed and Al aren't pressent at Elysia's birth
-Al remembers what happened at the door when Martel's blood touches the trans. circle of his armor.
-There's technique to cure some wound without the need of the PS (used by the Xing's little girl)

There are more, but I gotta go ^^U

---EDIT---
-There are some called "Candidates to sacrifice"
-Trisha made a promise to hohenheim and she asked Pinako to tell him that she couldn't fullfill it, before she died.
-Animals hate Hohenheim.
-Kimbly hasn't made any kind of great aparition after 12 volumes yet
-The higher-ups know that the fuhrer is a homunculus
-Gluttony is a fake door to the truth that "Father created", it's a fail that couldn't become the real "Door", and inside of him is a fake truth.
-The story of Lust and Lujon has never been shown nor mentioned, nor the story of the homunculus spreading out any kind of illness
-The story of the woman and the blue rose doesn't exist either
-The homunculus do not need to puke the red stones nor the PS they have inside, nor be in front of their original's bodies in order to die
-Roy never stole Havoc's girlfriend.
-Ed didn't kill Greed, he's killed by "The Father"
-it's stated that Winry is indeed in love with Ed
-Havoc dated Lust
-Havoc was injured severly and he can't walk anymore
-Roy's team has been splitted up, Riza's now the Fuhrer's personal asistant
-Riza was pressent when Roy went to Ed to convince him to join the military
-The conversation between riza and winry about the person Riza must protect takes place when they are at Pinako's place while Roy is trying to convince ed to join the military
-In the anime, Al only had a cat inside of his armor once
-Al didn't try to become a state alchemist
-The first two episodes of the anime happen in Ed and Al's "future", after the next episodes.

And a large etc about things and facts that are happening lately and since the anime has ended they can't happen, as well as some things that are explaint and in the anime were never explained.

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
nakagos bunny
post Oct 17 2005, 04:45 PM
Post #70

Apprentice

So the Wrath character from the anime is based on this "Truth" character from the manga?

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Oct 17 2005, 07:31 PM
Post #71

Guests

QUOTE(Reika @ Oct 16 2005, 11:34 PM) [snapback]300797[/snapback]

SPOILERS!!!!!!!

Specifically,

Manga
- There's no "red water" ("red stone" is another name for PS)

Novel
- The "red water" is for another purpose and has nothing to do with PS (from the novel Land of Sand)

-There's technique to cure some wound without the need of the PS (used by the Xing's little girl)

Actually, in Perfect Guide 2, Arakawa says that alchemical healing is practiced in Amestris as well (just not as well as Xing). There is Organic Transmutation, where healing is done, even growth of limbs. Even chimera research would fall under this, which is why Tucker was allowed to practice it. However anything involving human creation or human-animal chimera hybrid is illegal and falls under Human Transmutation, the Forbidden Act. Therefore Marcoh never commited any crime in healing, but the Elrics broke the law for attempting to create a human (they thought it was ressurection) and Tucker broke it for making human-animal chimeras.

-Roy never stole Havoc's girlfriend.

Actually, in the Flame Alchemist (written by Arakawa), Roy stole a girl Havoc was interested in.

QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Oct 17 2005, 04:45 PM) [snapback]300953[/snapback]

So the Wrath character from the anime is based on this "Truth" character from the manga?

No, the only similarity they share is them possessing Ed's limbs. Otherwise anime Wrath was basically a bunch of plothole inducing mess. Manga's Truth remains an egnimatic and mysterious figure who will definitely have a future role to play.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Oct 18 2005, 12:41 AM
Post #72

Guests

*I'm Reika*
Actually, in the Flame Alchemist (written by Arakawa), Roy stole a girl Havoc was interested in.

No, that's from a gaiden where he's dumped by his girlfriend because he said that work was more important than her. In the flame alchemist he went out with the florist if I recall it right, (I'll read it later on, I'm at class)

Thanks for clarifying the rest! ^^

+Quote Post
Reika
post Oct 18 2005, 08:05 AM
Post #73

Member No.: 11,740

That was me, yeah, I reread it and no, he goes on a date with the florist who he met that morning. The only mention to havocs "girlfriend" is when it's said that he has 203 love letter and that one of them was even of the girl that Havoc liked. there's no such as that he stole his girlfriend.

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
NeoKakashi
post Oct 19 2005, 02:37 PM
Post #74

Apprentice

Member No.: 4,239

QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 17 2005, 07:31 PM) [snapback]301015[/snapback]

SPOILERS!!!!!!!

Specifically,

Manga
- There's no "red water" ("red stone" is another name for PS)

Novel
- The "red water" is for another purpose and has nothing to do with PS (from the novel Land of Sand)

Remember Cornello's incomplete red stone? And Dr. Marcoh's red water? That's the same stuff that was in the anime/novel...

+Quote Post
Miniskirt
post Oct 19 2005, 02:39 PM
Post #75

Citizen

Member No.: 21,902

There wasn't any mountain with red water, was it? O.o

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 10:06 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css