Post #17

Brigadier General

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,450

yoshi! Lin and Ran Fan! <3

*phones her auntie to remind her to get the vol 12 chinese when it is out*

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Automne
post Oct 13 2005, 03:40 AM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 13,171

QUOTE(Winry The Alchemist)
this chapter sucks

And that, my friends, was the intelligent post of the day... sleep.gif

It's true it's the best cover so far plus I changed my opinion of Ling and Lan Fan so I like it even more... ~_~

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 13 2005, 04:15 AM
Post #19

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Ohhhh, this is the best cover!!
I am a Ran Fan fan, and this is so cool!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aoko-chan
post Oct 13 2005, 05:56 AM
Post #20

Alchemists

Member No.: 10,747

THATS A WONDERFUL COVER!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! (it meaning... Ling x Ranfan cover pic ^^;;) Too bad... there's only one part of Ed, ha..but its touka koukan for Ling x Ranfan ^^

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Oct 13 2005, 06:50 AM
Post #21

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 11,694

EDIT: Forgot to comment: On second looks, I don't like Wrath's face in it... It's too wide... Can be the reflection in the sword, but he still looks "fatter" and uglier.
Other than this, still... [fanboy]OMFGG!!!!!!!!!11eleven[/fanboy]
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Oct 13 2005, 04:31 AM) [snapback]299340[/snapback]

Yey, gotta wonder who's in the side this time? I mean, I re-checked and, IIRC, no one died in these four chapters... Who am I missing? It shall be known soon.

It also can be a character that died in the previous volume. (Like vol 4)
Or a random character. (Like vol 3)
Hmmmm..... what chapters are in vol 12?

About the chapters, no remember, will check at home (bored at work, now happy.gifU)...
EDIT: it's 46, 47, 48 and, guess what... 49. sleep.gifU

But, as for volume 4, the twins "died" in vol.4 IIRC, Vol 3 ends with Lust's "fingers" impaling the older brother, yes, but you could say the character itself, 48, died "completely" in vol. 4.
And the soldier was no random character, he was explicitly killed by Barry, and was the only (complete happy.gifU) death in that volume. Same as dun-remember-his-name The Silver Alchemist at the hands of Scar in Vol. 11. The fact that they were of (almost) no importance doesn't mean they were chosen at random, they were the only deaths shown in their respective volumes. But, as per vol. 12... as far as I can remember, will check at home too, no one died, explicitly or not. Nor in 13, which was complete with this one, if I'm not miscalculated (can perfectly be, tho' happy.gifU), now that I think of it...
EDIT: No it wasn't. Next one will finish Vol. 13.

Hmm.... Arakawa's going softer.... tongue.gif
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 13 2005, 01:15 PM) [snapback]299552[/snapback]

I am a Ran Fan fan

Quote of the week! laugh.gif
It's almost musical.

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
Guest_GS4Life_*
post Oct 13 2005, 01:00 PM
Post #22

Guests

I'm more than just a fan of Ran Fan(Gee I should really change my name to Captin Obvious after that one.)

+Quote Post
MasterKris
post Oct 13 2005, 01:27 PM
Post #23

Brigadier General

Member No.: 8,833

About the chapters, no remember, will check at home (bored at work, now U)...
EDIT: it's 46, 47, 48 and, guess what... 49. U

But, as for volume 4, the twins "died" in vol.4 IIRC, Vol 3 ends with Lust's "fingers" impaling the older brother, yes, but you could say the character itself, 48, died "completely" in vol. 4.
And the soldier was no random character, he was explicitly killed by Barry, and was the only (complete U) death in that volume. Same as dun-remember-his-name The Silver Alchemist at the hands of Scar in Vol. 11. The fact that they were of (almost) no importance doesn't mean they were chosen at random, they were the only deaths shown in their respective volumes. But, as per vol. 12... as far as I can remember, will check at home too, no one died, explicitly or not. Nor in 13, which was complete with this one, if I'm not miscalculated (can perfectly be, tho' U), now that I think of it...
EDIT: No it wasn't. Next one will finish Vol. 13.

Now that I think about it... it does make sense... and for the soldier one, what I meant was that a non important character got on it. (remember his quote? laugh.gif )

Everyone is getting excited about Ran Fan appearing on the cover. Ling and Ran Fan need the spotlight, since they didn't appear in the anime. biggrin.gif

p.s. THANX FOR THE CHAPTERS!

--------------------
HYO!!
Known as the Sadistic Feedbacker. The Wise Spanish Apprentice of *~vachi~*
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Mas...-sensei-sig.png
Siggy & avvy made by me.

Visit My Manhwa/Manga Raws Thread!!

+Quote Post
Guest_GS4Life_*
post Oct 13 2005, 01:49 PM
Post #24

Guests

I wasn't being very serious, but I too wonder why you read the story if you don't like the characters, do too wonder why you read the story. The eliminations leave just about Al, Roy, Gluttony, Envy, and Riza left to like.

Anyways Ling and Ran Fan do indeed need more spotlight *rants about it*

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post Oct 13 2005, 03:05 PM
Post #25

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 15,086

QUOTE(Antimony @ Oct 12 2005, 07:15 PM) [snapback]299324[/snapback]

QUOTE(AndroidLust @ Oct 12 2005, 09:40 PM) [snapback]299297[/snapback]

What? CRAZY FOO! How do you not like Ling,Ran Fan,Winry,Wrath,Ed, or Scar? Is it even possible to dislike them(well except for when one is jealous of Winry over Ed but let's not go there now.)

Firstoff, I am not not not an Ed fangirl. I don`t really care much for Ed. I could care less about what happens to Winry, Ling, and Ran Fan. I am quite angry at Wrath at the moment, and Scar is just annoying.

My own opinions don`t make me a "crazy foo!".

Not to criticize you, but if you don't care about the characters why do you read the story? That doesn't make sense to me.

Those aren`t the only characters in the story, you know. I usually like only a few characters from whatever anime or manga I`m interested in, and none of the characters on the cover are the ones that keep me interested in FMA.

--------------------

Darling you can bet to see my ghost up on the wall, watching you eat. Yeah, its true, I dream about you too, grinding my mouth, losing my teeth. You are exactly what a night-mare`s for. I'll night marry you.

+Quote Post
sai-chan
post Oct 13 2005, 04:54 PM
Post #26

Citizen

Member No.: 17,970

Is there a thread with all the cover scanlations around here?

This forum loads veeery slowly for me, so I'm asking before-hand ><

And this cover is really nice, but I like it better for the nice sum-up of the story, rather then just Ling and Ran Fan.. They make a cute couple I guess, and I really like Ling and Ran Fan, but I like other covers too. There's no BEST ONE EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!111 for me. ;o

And I agree with AndroidLust, s/he has every right to disagree on liking certain characters or not, or liking the manga or not for certain reasons. I, for example, don't like FMA manga because of couples and all that shipping crap, I like it because of the story and the very well-made characters (Insert much much love for Arakawa-sensei here <333).

Obsessing over couples is, to me, a waste of time, since the only one that really got a saying is Arakawa-sensei, and no one can really do anything about it. =P

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Oct 13 2005, 06:25 PM
Post #27

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

Certainly a far more detailed cover that usual. Very nice. I especially enjoy how Bradley is reflected in the sword.

I have a question: Is there a place where I can see the first 12 covers? I've only seen the first 7.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Zyric
post Oct 13 2005, 07:41 PM
Post #28

Citizen

Member No.: 18,625

QUOTE(Sensenic @ Oct 13 2005, 06:50 AM) [snapback]299562[/snapback]

Same as dun-remember-his-name The Silver Alchemist at the hands of Scar in Vol. 11. The fact that they were of (almost) no importance doesn't mean they were chosen at random, they were the only deaths shown in their respective volumes.

It might be the Silver Alchemist; I remember reading in this translation of an interview with Arakawa-sensei from ZOMGFTA that she was going more into his past later.

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Oct 13 2005, 08:11 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 3,267

Obsessing over couples is, to me, a waste of time, since the only one that really got a saying is Arakawa-sensei, and no one can really do anything about it.

I like the canon couples of the FMA manga (Royai, Edwin, and now Lin & Ran Fan) but I do agree with this statement. That is sort of why I do love the FMA manga though because there isn't an overwhelming focus on romance, it's more subtle and in the background. And thank the gods there is no love triangles.

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Oct 14 2005, 03:30 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE(sai-chan @ Oct 14 2005, 01:54 AM) [snapback]299842[/snapback]

Is there a thread with all the cover scanlations around here?

This forum loads veeery slowly for me, so I'm asking before-hand ><

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 14 2005, 03:25 AM) [snapback]299897[/snapback]

I have a question: Is there a place where I can see the first 12 covers? I've only seen the first 7.

Not only covers, but inner covers, slips, omakes, gaidens, perfect guides...

Pasen y vean! The wonderful scanlating and compilating job done by Shirokage, armor-alchemist et al.

You could almost say the unofficial FMA.com scanlation group.

(...)and all that shipping crap(...)

Question: What does that mean? huh.gif

Obsessing over couples is, to me, a waste of time, since the only one that really got a saying is Arakawa-sensei, and no one can really do anything about it. =P

Indeed. Plus, it makes the fan enjoy less a chapter if the beloved two don't appear...

Another question tho' (not to you, but to everybody): If they're called EdWin, Ling x Ran Fan, etc. (also I've seen NaruSaku. SasuSaku, NaruHina, etc.).... Why Roy x Riza is called Royai? (I know it means "Roy love", mind you.) Been wondering about this for a while...
QUOTE(Zyric @ Oct 14 2005, 04:41 AM) [snapback]299976[/snapback]

QUOTE(Sensenic @ Oct 13 2005, 06:50 AM) [snapback]299562[/snapback]

Same as dun-remember-his-name The Silver Alchemist at the hands of Scar in Vol. 11. The fact that they were of (almost) no importance doesn't mean they were chosen at random, they were the only deaths shown in their respective volumes.

It might be the Silver Alchemist; I remember reading in this translation of an interview with Arakawa-sensei from ZOMGFTA that she was going more into his past later.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I meant his actual name, Jolliot Comanche, that was it. According to Arakawa sensei, out of sadic-weapon-making-and-fighting times the man is actually a really loving and caring grandpa... one never can tell, I guess tongue.gif

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 11:45 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css