HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Kale Mustang
post Jun 25 2009, 09:44 AM
Post #16531

Major General

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jun 25 2009, 09:31 AM) *
I think a certain someone here is referring to a certain someone's back...
And that desk is certainly a Royai witness ;D

I may be referring to that specific fact... After all, it's a very significant alchemy note...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Jun 25 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #16532

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

LOL OFFTOPIC.

I bet this was evident to you all a long time ago, and probably had discussions about it that I missed, but I FINALLY figured out how Riza knew Envy!Roy wasn't the real Roy in chapter 95. I was just reading the chapter and it hit me like a sledgehammer. XD

About FMA-B - A lot of people had complaints about Riza's face. At times, the eyes really did seem huges, but overall I like how her eyes. I hated the way her eyes were in the first anime though. And in this one her face is a lot more expressive, I think.

We are getting new material in Ep. 15, right? Coming up soon! And not long after that is the Maria Ross 'murder' and Roy vs Lust/ Cant wait!

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post
KidAkabane
post Jun 25 2009, 05:59 PM
Post #16533

Citizen

Member No.: 68,045

Yes, the lust fight! I can't wait, it'll be awesome! And Ross' great escape, Dr. Knox, the Xing gang...man I really REALLY gotta catch up on brotherhood. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jun 25 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #16534

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Kale--Yeah, yeah, we all know what's going through your head, and it's definitely not just alchemy notes... wink.gif

I almost want to see more fanfics of this, but it can be overdone (or done poorly) so easily. Which is why I don't write them to begin with. I don't trust myself quite that much.

DistantBlue--I think a lot of the faces are more expressive this time around. And that's how they're supposed to be. I mean, there are going to be times where people are going to try to hide their emotions, so that'll look a bit funky, but on the whole, I think we'll see more expression. But getting back to Riza, it'll be interesting to see her go through basically the whole range of negative emotions during Roy vs. Lust.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Jun 25 2009, 07:12 PM
Post #16535

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

I'm just looking forward to Riza having more expressions/emotions in general...IMO she was pretty much a robot in the first anime, and so I'm really anxious to get to the parts where she takes a more central role.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spectator
post Jun 25 2009, 07:54 PM
Post #16536

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

I can't wait to see the episode which Riza encounters Barry the Chopper.

I remember Barry's line as he falls in love with Riza --- "I like strong woman." laugh.gif

And Roy expression....

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
sidekick.kep37
post Jun 25 2009, 08:40 PM
Post #16537

Alchemists

From: The lair where the Sidekicks hang on their down time
Member No.: 67,873

I'm sooooo looking forward to Roy's expression there, spectator. I'm going to plan out how I'm going to laugh, too. Yes, yes I am.

About anime1, Riza's eyes always made me so p.o'd. I claw at the t.v. because they were so... weird and huge at times. I didn't so much as mind about Riza being a robot in the first series, but I know that I am looking for her being more involved in the storyline, having a say in whatever goes on, and not just in the line of Mustang's shadow.

+Quote Post
spectator
post Jun 25 2009, 09:25 PM
Post #16538

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

@sidekick.kep37: I'm with you on this one

speaking of that scene, I notice that Riza actually armed herself to the teeth, wherever she is. At the same time, she conceals her weapons very well. You could sometimes watch her pops out a gun or a pistol out of no where. Whenever she did that, I always went ohmy.gif

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
Miss MP
post Jun 25 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #16539

Citizen

Member No.: 69,722

[sidles in].

Well, after joining this forum, I guess I've immediately sniffed out a place I'm likely to hang around often. Obviously, Roy and Riza are one of my favorite couples; though they are one of my favorite pairings in the manga niche overall. I don't believe the anime does them justice [nor do I think anime does many things justice . . .], but I love watching the series' all the same. Regardless, they are portrayed incredibly well and functional, alluding to them being a couple if they weren't obvious enough already [haha] in a setting that forces them to be so incredibly professional and stiff. They really do shine and many other characters see this for themselves.

All in all, I'm sort of hoping for a happy ending for them; they deserve it. =)

--------------------
Fanfiction |FictionPress

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Jun 26 2009, 12:27 AM
Post #16540

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

QUOTE (Miss MP @ Jun 25 2009, 11:26 PM) *
All in all, I'm sort of hoping for a happy ending for them; they deserve it. =)

First, hello and welcome biggrin.gif glad to have you with us!

Second...of course I would love to see a happy Royai ending, and I definitely believe they deserve one, but I kind of want to play devil's advocate/bring up something that's been nagging at me for a while now (manga spoilers from here on)...

Something that I, as I'm sure many others, have noticed is that Roy and Riza seem to feel a fair amount of guilt for what happened in Ishval, and I get the impression that they really don't want to let themselves be happy and give in to "temptation" so to speak in terms of allowing themselves to have/experience the things that they want for themselves (Riza's conversation with Ed at the beginning of 62 especially highlights this). Everything they're working towards is for the greater good, and Roy and Riza are so focused on making that happen and keeping each other on that track.

My question is: even if they get everything they want, Roy becomes Fuhrer, they make the country a democracy, etc, would they allow themselves to be together? Would they view it as an "indulgence"/some sort of happiness they don't deserve? I just don't know if I buy them being able to accept a nice life together with that guilt still looming over their heads, know what I mean? Almost like they're punishing themselves. But then on the other hand, Roy and Riza are so much each other's support system, and so I could equally see them getting together because they just can't function without one another.

I guess it comes down to which of the emotions is stronger...the guilt or the need to be together. (And I just have to say that I have so much fun playing around with this conflict...I absolutely love all of the emotions that come with it - it really resonates with me for whatever reason).

SO what do you think?? Sorry for the intensely long post that may or may not make sense to me when I re-read it tomorrow (it's late and I'm tired tongue.gif). But yeah lol. Food for thought.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jun 26 2009, 12:49 AM
Post #16541

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

Nah, it makes sense. I've wondered myself if they'd allow themselves to show their feelings for each other, or if they'd continue on as commanding officer and his aide, simply to keep things consistent and because of their past. Perhaps they're afraid of fully realizing their feelings and still feel a heavy sense of guilt over what happened in Ishbal. Those events tied the two together, considering Riza provided Roy with the means to destroy.

However, I think it would be overly sappy if they kept apart simply because of the guilt they feel and the fact that they don't believe they deserve happiness. They wouldn't be fighting nearly as hard as they are now if they thought they didn't deserve some good in the world..

--------------------

+Quote Post
angelstar2408
post Jun 26 2009, 01:12 AM
Post #16542

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,378

I agree.... happy.gif

I mean if Roy becomes fuhrer and everybody gets they're happy ending they shouldn't feel guilty about Ishval because they we're already able to pay for the stuff they did before.

They shouldn't be too hard on themselves... wink.gif

--------------------

I DON'T own the avatar and the signature. Signature was customized by me. :)

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jun 26 2009, 10:01 AM
Post #16543

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Miss MP--Hello and welcome!

I agree with you all on wanting a happy ending, but I don't think it's going to be totally rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, ponies... you get the picture. (Not that anyone was really saying that to begin with, anyway, but I digress.) Don't get me wrong--I think they definitely have the potential to turn out happily, but there's always going to be Ishbal, no matter how much they do. Survivor's guilt and all that. Still... they deserve to be happy. I guess we'll see!

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jun 26 2009, 10:17 AM
Post #16544

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Jun 26 2009, 07:01 PM) *
Miss MP--Hello and welcome!

I agree with you all on wanting a happy ending, but I don't think it's going to be totally rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, ponies... you get the picture. (Not that anyone was really saying that to begin with, anyway, but I digress.) Don't get me wrong--I think they definitely have the potential to turn out happily, but there's always going to be Ishbal, no matter how much they do. Survivor's guilt and all that. Still... they deserve to be happy. I guess we'll see!

Well, if Hiromu wanted to kill one of them, she has had a multitude of times to do so at this point in time, post Ishval I mean... when Roy fought against Lust and he really was going to die together with Jean, Riza against Gluttony could have gotten pretty bad if he hadn't arrived in time, Roy vs. Envy... we all know what happened, and other instances I'm not recalling right now. Many close calls that could have made Arakawa do something, but she didn't - she has something in mind and I think it should be positive overall for our sweethearts.
Plus, remember the 520-Cenz promise you guys wink.gif Ed would never let them die.

@Miss MP: Welcome from me too ^^

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jun 26 2009, 10:29 AM
Post #16545

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jun 26 2009, 10:17 AM) *
Plus, remember the 520-Cenz promise you guys wink.gif Ed would never let them die.

@Miss MP: Welcome and enjoy your stay.

And like Hughes before him, Ed wouldn't let them die as he wants to see if Roy's 'nave idealism' can truly change the country for the better.

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2016 - 12:20 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css