Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Rating 5 V
steve1
post Feb 22 2008, 08:41 AM
Post #46

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 55,144

Yeah,Ah, that Suzumiya scene is hilarious and priceless.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Colette
post Mar 19 2008, 03:39 PM
Post #47

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

Well, I played the first two cases of Apollo Justice.

They were absolutely terrible. I never got my hopes up for Apollo Justice since it just looked so bad, but it was worse than I could have ever imagined. The puns were terrible, the plots were bad, the cross examining was either boring or made my toes curl in embarrassment, the new characters were awful, and the old characters brought back were even worse. Phoenix's new gig made me want to shoot the writer, until I found out he didn't WANT Phoenix in the game to begin with, so Capcom made him. So it's no wonder the game is awfully written; the writer didn't want to do it.

And there's Olga Orly.

O.

rly.

Why

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Tris the Reaper_*
post Mar 19 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #48

Guests

QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Mar 19 2008, 05:39 PM) *
They were absolutely terrible. I never got my hopes up for Apollo Justice since it just looked so bad, but it was worse than I could have ever imagined. The puns were terrible, the plots were bad, the cross examining was either boring or made my toes curl in embarrassment, the new characters were awful, and the old characters brought back were even worse. Phoenix's new gig made me want to shoot the writer, until I found out he didn't WANT Phoenix in the game to begin with, so Capcom made him. So it's no wonder the game is awfully written; the writer didn't want to do it.

...Yikes. Haaaaarrrrsh.

I think you're the first person I've come across that detests AJ.

I adore it to pieces. Heck, I honestly think it's my favorite out of the entire AA series. I'm slightly biased, being a Klavier fangirl and all, but something about it is captivating...and I was expecting to not like it nearly as much as the original trilogy, either.

But meh. To each their own.

+Quote Post
Astria
post Mar 22 2008, 04:56 AM
Post #49

Apprentice

Member No.: 34,515

I think I might have to check out these games at some point. The hype aside, they've received positive reviews, and it is the sort of thing I like to have for my DS. Anyone got any advice for a newcomer? Are the newer games any good, or is it worth tracking down the first?

+Quote Post
Colette
post May 3 2008, 02:08 PM
Post #50

Brigadier General

lol late reply.

Track down the first, the first three all follow the same story line. The second you can skip if you want to save money, I hated it minus the fourth case. (Actually, don't skip it - It's worth suffering through the first three because the fourth case is just that good). The third game is easily the best, I advice against the fourth one, I found it to be terrible, but most people here wouldn't agree with me.

Also~

Game controlling Edgeworth confirmed. It's just a spin off, but it looks fun. And it might have Armando in it, which would make it totally worth it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Twilightz
post May 7 2008, 10:35 AM
Post #51

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 45,523

^ I have a feeling Gumshoe/Edgeworth supporters will enjoy this game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Colette
post May 26 2008, 07:29 AM
Post #52

Brigadier General

I imagine they will. Phoenix/Edgeworth fans can't complain, they got their fill on 2-4. The sexual tension in that case was so incredibly thick.

Phoenix: I feel like words alone can't show how I feel. Maybe there's something I can give him to show how I feel?

And then you present the whip of all things, I was cracking up throughout the entire credits.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Edsrhimp
post Sep 24 2008, 07:32 PM
Post #53

Apprentice

Member No.: 33,412

Anyone excited for Gyakuten Kenji ? biggrin.gif.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RadicalDreamer
post Dec 30 2010, 07:47 PM
Post #54

Citizen

Member No.: 75,904

I like those games.
My favorites must be the first and third.
It is really an awesome and funny "saga" with tons of good characters (I love Phoenix's wits and the judge is so clueless, it's hilarious).
I'm not fond of that Phoenix/Miles gay thing... I don't think Phoenix thinks of him that way. However, Edgeworth... I can't be sure. I think he indeed might be gay or something. But it doesn't mean he loves Phoenix that way either. Whatever, I'm just not into it.
I don't really care much for pairings in those games. Each time I do, my hopes get all crushed.
Only Gumshoe/Maggie didn't suffer too much damages in my heart. And I liked Mia/Diego... a bit. I didn't like Phoenix/Iris at all (it came too late for me... and Dahlia made me hate her face... not Iris's fault but still...). And really, in the end, those games are more about friendships.
Now, Apollo Justice... I thought I was gonna like it less... but actually, it's not the case. I'm at case 3 and it's really good with fun talks and characters. However, I didn't like Edgeworth's game as much... and I played it entirely (I think I miss Phoenix, he was way funnier than Edgeworth *I like Edgeworth's character, that's not the problem... but he's just not as funny as Phoenix*). But I have to say... walking around is nice... they should keep things that way.

Now, I'm very excited about that Layton/Phoenix crossover game. I thought it was only possible in fans' mind... well, I was wrong.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 11:13 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css