HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 4: An Alchemist's Anguish - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! Possible Spoilers for the first 4 episodes!
Rating 5 V
Vlyse
post Mar 6 2010, 09:24 PM
Post #106

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,791

I'm really anticipating this episode as its one of the few episodes in the series I haven't watched at least 3 times. Most of the repeat episodes are, now that I think about it. But this particular episode I have only watched since the original airing.

I guess I didn't really like it. The pace just felt too slow and I wasn't all into Tucker and Nina. Hopefully the English voices tonight will change that for me.

(It's okay to bump this, right? smile.gif)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Mar 6 2010, 10:15 PM
Post #107

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

I think that so far the english dub is good for this episode. But I keep on warning Nina and thelling her to run away.

I miss that Aaron does not do the voiceover introduction. The whole, "Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return..."

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Mar 6 2010, 10:27 PM
Post #108

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

I'm not really into this new guy's Scar, but I can get used to it I guess. Nina's voice was better this time around, I think.

The whole episode was too fast I think. We didn't get much time to get to know Nina and Shou like before, so it makes their deaths a little less sad.

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Mar 6 2010, 10:31 PM
Post #109

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

I thought it was pretty good. Al's voice is definetly improving.

Vic never failed.

Roy and Armstrong's voices, I notice a huge change now. They sound more improved and polished.

Tucker and Nina sounded better than the original, definetly Nina. The 1st Nina was just annoying. If anything the Chimera voice was definetly improved.

Scar.......uuuuuughhh.........

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Mar 6 2010, 10:45 PM
Post #110

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,737

I actually like the new Scar, there's something of a darker quality to his voice that seems to be fitting what's shown on screen.

Nina and Alexander... ;_;

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Mar 6 2010, 11:03 PM
Post #111

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

I like how Edward and Alphonse are shocked that the guy who has all sorts of horrible abominations in cages throughout his house could do such a horrible thing. They're such fine judges of character, those boys.

I'll go on abou the dub in the other thread, but it wasn't too bad. Vic is still a bad Ed, though.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Mar 7 2010, 04:48 AM
Post #112

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

this episode was pretty good! Shou's voice was better I thought, cuz the VA didin't have the Accent like in Anime1. It was a nice change of pace. And Nina's voice was a little annoying, but MUCH better! No baby talk (yay!)!!. Scar's new VA....I didn't really like it at first. But at the end, it seemed better. Maxey....oh, she's doing sooo much better!

Now, the only voice I didn't like was the voice of the Nina!Chimera. it seemed more twisted and morphed in the frst anime and the Japanese version of this anime. I got used to it, but it wasn't very creepy. Still, this episode had it's sad factor.
No preview?? hmmm...

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post Mar 7 2010, 10:04 AM
Post #113

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,791

I hate Tucker, had a nasty inside rage every time he appeared. His VA does a good job of making you hate him. And I see the Tucker toward the end of FMA1 every time, so I was really glad and surprised when he died this early.

The scene where Ed beats up Tucker seemed less emotional to me. I don't remember, but I have a feeling that Romi probably did a better job.

Don't really care for this episode. The shock isn't as big as the first anime's for obvious reasons, which is okay. It's slow and basically Ed sitting around reading books and being a kid. They could have cut this out with Youswell and Battle on the Train, and I would not care. I would prefer some of the cut material, like Greed or Ishval.

--------------------

+Quote Post
KwiatekAlchemist
post Mar 7 2010, 10:40 AM
Post #114

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 70,538

I like this episode. Although, I feel like it was kinda rushed in the end. I don't know if it's just me. :\
Everytime I watch the first series episode about Nina and Alexander I cry my eyes out ;_;
but for this brotherhod episode, it didn't affect me that much.

The scene where Ed beats up Tucker was well done though.
Vic always does a very good job. <3
Same with Al too, I miss Aaron though. ):
I liked Nina's voice too, her voice was kinda annoying in the first series.
and I don't mind Scar's new voice.

grr.. Tucker >_>

+Quote Post
Mr. Deathy
post Mar 7 2010, 10:43 AM
Post #115

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,164

I'm not able to watch the dub but you know when I see people complaining about a change in Scar's va...I wonder...would you really have wanted the original voice actor to return?

First FMA Scar is a VERY different character. He even has a slight "bishie" look which the manga/Brotherhood character doesn't have at all.

From what I heard of the original FMA's Scar voice, I don't think it would fit the Scar in this series at all. They're different characters.

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Mar 7 2010, 11:31 AM
Post #116

Apprentice

Member No.: 59,190

Maxey improved a bit this episode, I think her best line was when Al was playing with Nina and he said "Uh Nina looked like she wanted to play" that was the best because she sounded like a boy, even a little bit like Aaron smile.gif
Vic was awesome biggrin.gif Everyone else was good. Scar's new voice actor isn't very good. I prefer his old one, maybe its just because I'm used to him.

--------------------

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Mar 8 2010, 04:09 AM
Post #117

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

nice episode!! hate tucker =__=. poor ninaa!!
hmmm.. nina is better than the fma1 dub. tucker is.. hmm. scar's dub, don;t like it. heards weird to me

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
Hyperthia
post Mar 8 2010, 06:45 PM
Post #118

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,952

I always thought this episode was rushed. It didn't make me feel sad when Nina died. I mean, it's sad and all, but this episode didn't execute it very well. I think the first anime did better at that. I would have liked to see more development with Nina.
Though I am very pleased with her new VA; less annoying baby-talk.

And Scar reminds me so much of Batman!
Sorry, just had to point that out.

--------------------
Siggy made by hilary::Avatar by me: link (do not use)
My FanFiction and DeviantArt accounts. :)

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Mar 8 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #119

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,555

I nicknamed him "The X-Man", after what my brother used to think Wolverine's name was. But when I first saw this episode, his entrance to the Tucker estate reminded me of Li'l Slugger from Paranoia Agent.

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Mar 21 2010, 04:06 PM
Post #120

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,555

Hey, I know I'm a little late on this, but I finally found a change in the visuals that I couldn't blame on the difference in brightness levels.

The writing on the report on the murder of Brigadier General Grand was completely replaced. The new handwriting is much less legible; I could only make out what I believe are the words "Central" at the end of the first line and "Brigadier Basque Grand" underneath the photograph. There is no longer any "Basque Grand for murder" headline.

I think they might not have been very careful in picking random text to fill in the page the first time, and later they realized that sharp-eyed viewers could read a sentence like "East End was the poorest areas in London" and wonder where London was in the world of Fullmetal Alchemist. Strangely, there's still an underline connected to a circle in the same places, even though the words around them look completely different.

And now here's something I only noticed because I was checking fansubs. It seems that the original broadcast of episode 4 was a little strapped for time, because the preview for episode 5 was only 15 seconds long, cut down from the 30-second version available on official online streams. Here are screencaps from the clips that were skipped entirely:

This also meant that some of the narration was cut. In the English dub, the cut lines were translated as "The rain pours down in East City," "In a moment of crisis, Ed must make a desperate decision while the life of his brother hangs in the balance," and "What will Edward decide, and will he be able to live with the consequences?" Additionally, the final shots of Ed and Al sitting in the rain were moved to before the title card in the 15-second cut, so that the reading of the title would match up with its display on-screen.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 06:27 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css