HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 2: The First Day - Content Discussion Thread, Universal conversation regarding the second installment of FMA: B
Rating 5 V
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Feb 21 2010, 10:19 AM
Post #196

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,555

QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Feb 21 2010, 11:06 AM) *
And did anyone else notice they continue to cut out the japanese writing but not add in english?
I'm talking about the Fuhrer's "ha ha ha ha" when he is walking off after slicing Ed's spear.

Yes, I noticed that too. Was Funimation supplied with text-less master copies but no notes on how the on-screen text should be redone? Can they not afford an artist to paint "HA HA HA" in big red letters? 'Cause I think they got the captions about the time and place in there, but still... It's just disappointing after their dub of Shin-Chan painstakingly replaced all the signs with English equivalents.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EveningAlchemist
post Feb 21 2010, 03:38 PM
Post #197

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,198

QUOTE (Vlyse @ Feb 21 2010, 02:00 AM) *
I kinda found it hard to take the human transmutation scene seriously after having watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4at4pD30FMY...feature=channel about a million times right before.

I was about to say how this episode bashed me emotionally to tears, but that video... killed me inside a little bit as I laughed at it! laugh.gif

Lots of awesome emotional yelling came from Ed and Roy in this episode, and seeing the parts that didn't make into anime1 made me happy. Like the line "eyes of fire". Just like the english brings out the humor better for me, it also brought out the music great too. I love the music of this series!

Am I the only one who thinks Pinako's english voice is really good? I mean it sounds perfect for her character...

Alphonse's "We're sorry" made me cover my face with my hands in an attempt not to cry. I would think it impossible, but after hearing Ed & Al's story played out many different times in many different ways, it still breaks my heart.

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Feb 22 2010, 06:29 AM
Post #198

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

QUOTE (EveningAlchemist @ Feb 21 2010, 10:38 PM) *
Lots of awesome emotional yelling came from Ed and Roy in this episode, and seeing the parts that didn't make into anime1 made me happy. Like the line "eyes of fire". Just like the english brings out the humor better for me, it also brought out the music great too. I love the music of this series!

Am I the only one who thinks Pinako's english voice is really good? I mean it sounds perfect for her character...

Alphonse's "We're sorry" made me cover my face with my hands in an attempt not to cry. I would think it impossible, but after hearing Ed & Al's story played out many different times in many different ways, it still breaks my heart.

Definitely agree with all of this.

-Roy was even better this episode
-Riza sounds diffferent to last series, and I can't work out what it is. That said, her English voice fits her much more than the Japanese does. At least she sounds her age in english, and not like a teenage girl. dry.gif
-Al has certainly got better, so I can see it working even though I do miss the old voice.
-Hughes was probably the biggest improvement actually, sounded more like he did last series which is a good thing because I thought he was awesome.

It's amazing watching back episodes I haven't seen since last April when they first came out so it's like watching it as new again. biggrin.gif The emotion in the scene with Ed, Al and Roy was really good, and I know that they can continue to be as good in later episodes.

+Quote Post
Fullmetal666
post Feb 22 2010, 11:16 PM
Post #199

Citizen

Member No.: 71,879

In my opinion, this should have been the first episode of Brotherhood.
It was better then the first episode. But I think that we should have seen more of Ed and Al's mom in the flashback. She played a big role in the story(she's the reason Ed and Al lost there bodies, when they tried to bring her back).

--------------------
Lust: Maybe you are right. Where did I come from, and where will I go when I die? Maybe all this time, that is what I wanted... the freedom to find out.

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Mar 2 2010, 06:12 PM
Post #200

Apprentice

Now that the sub and dub are both online, I've managed to spot a couple of other clean-ups to the animation besides Ed's arm color.

When Al says "We're sorry", he's redrawn with his head lowered rather than making eye contact with Col. Mustang as in the original.

The colonel himself was redrawn in the shot where he explains an alchemist's title. Subtle at first, but there are many differences to find!

Er wait, he's still only lieutenant colonel at this point, isn't he? Darned flashbacks...

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Mar 2 2010, 06:35 PM
Post #201

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

WHOA.

Nice...
flash back of lt colonel is very interesting.
That is really interesting.
Thank you so much for posting those smile.gif

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Mar 2 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #202

Apprentice

Yeah, did you try opening both of the full images in the same spot and flipping back and forth? The effect is uncanny.

ROY'S HEAD IS MORPHING ONOOOOOOOOOOOOO

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 8 2011, 09:04 PM
Post #203

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

English dubbed on Adult Swim tonight. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Nov 24 2012, 06:13 PM
Post #204

Group Icon

For anyone who missed this episode, it will be on again tonight, directly following episode 1, on Adult Swim (U.S.) later tonight. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Feb 22 2014, 06:02 PM
Post #205

Group Icon

English dubbed on Adult Swim tonight. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 01:45 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css