HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Thread for EdxWin Fans who had finished reading/watching FMA Manga/FMA:Brotherhood, Warning! Please do NOT click if you haven't seen series final
Dark-Winds
post Jul 2 2011, 08:41 AM
Post #46

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 75,903

QUOTE (Hikarioneza @ Jul 2 2011, 11:17 AM) *
Funnily enough, I only really love their relationship in the manga. I don't really think the the first anime portrayed their bond in the best way, and it most certainly wasn't a relationship I could see working. In Arakawa's original story, however, they have this amazing close bond, built on years of a true, close friendship, which slowly but surely turned into something more. Its that kind of relationship were you can see that they're so right for each other. Even a relationship you can see lasting forever. I don't usually buy the childhood friends romance thing, because its tend to be done in a very shallow way (at least in other manga/anime I've have seen) but FMA manage to do this in the most realistic way possible. For example, we never see Winry gush about Ed, after she realised her love for him, and I always found that to be very sweet. wub.gif

I actually agree with this. I felt like in the first anime, the bond between Ed and Winry really wasn't shown much at all. I got the feeling that Winry had some kind of crush on Ed, but I didn't really sense Ed having those feelings back. (I think there were actually two instances in the first anime where Ed shoved her! ohmy.gif )

But in the manga and Brotherhood I could really feel that bond between them. You could tell that their bond went a lot deeper than just simple childhood friends. You could also see just how much Ed cared for Winry, like when Winry tried to shoot Scar. I found Winry to be a much more impactful character in the manga/Brotherhood anyways, and thus making her relationship with Ed a lot more impactful to me. I also felt like there was a lot more build up to their relationship too so when (Warning! End of the series spoilers!) they got married at the end, it didn't seem totally random. It felt very right biggrin.gif

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hikarioneza
post Jul 2 2011, 09:06 AM
Post #47

Citizen

Member No.: 81,059

QUOTE (Dark-Winds @ Jul 2 2011, 05:41 PM) *
I actually agree with this. I felt like in the first anime, the bond between Ed and Winry really wasn't shown much at all. I got the feeling that Winry had some kind of crush on Ed, but I didn't really sense Ed having those feelings back. (I think there were actually two instances in the first anime where Ed shoved her! ohmy.gif )

Exacly! And not just Winry and Ed, Roy and Riza didn't really have much of a relationship either. I think that Riza might have some feelings for Roy in the first anime, but it seemed very one-sided, and the (Warning, Conqueror of Shamballa movie spoilers) Shamballa movie completely killed the pairing(s).

Oh well, the manga is the 'true story' so I guess we can just... focus on that instead. And I agree that (Warning! Manga ending spoiler!) it just felt right to see Ed and Winry married. I also think most people saw it coming. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Sakuyahanabi
post Jul 4 2011, 07:32 AM
Post #48

Citizen

Member No.: 73,547

Hikarioneza, I agree with you, the first anime didn't exactly present the couples (EdWin and RoyAi) in quite the same way as the original story did, but I wasn't really that bothered by it. Just knowing that these couples are (Possible spoilers for couples, and series ending) author-approved, despite what happens in the anime, is more than enough for me. tongue.gif

Actually, I came here to share a vid, known as 'Vic Mignogna as Ed Elric asking out Winry Colossalcon 2011' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYLjQgU1WdA

Ed: "I don't know how you got that grease on your face, but I would sure like to lick it off." wink3.gif

I don't know, I just ... can't imagine Ed saying that xD Ever. But it's hilarious.

+Quote Post
allykatty1
post Aug 6 2011, 05:03 PM
Post #49

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,571

Ha, I am kind of late to this party, but would like to offer my own input for why Ed (Warning! End of series spoilers ahead!) didn't offer his whole life in the train station scene! happy.gif I don't think it's a complicated issue at all, not like "Oh, he wasn't willing to give it all, he doesn't love her 100%!" I was surprised to read some people thought that actually. C'mon, this is Ed we're talking about. The alchemist. It's so obvious! XD The entire principle of his world is based on equal exchange. It is not mathematically possible to give 50% and then receive more than 50% back in return. It has to all equal 100%. So it makes complete sense to him to ask for half. To him, that's the most it is possible to give! That's what makes it all the more powerful when Winry says she'll give him "all" of her life. She doesn't think of things in terms of alchemy or science. And of course it's much more romantic to say that you'll give "all" of yourself to someone. That's why Ed is so amazed by her response, because it didn't even occur to him to think of it that way. And it probably made him realize just how much she really cares about him. Not to mention, it also goes right along with Ed and Al's new rule to "take 10, but give back 11." This is all goes back to way-back-when, years ago, in a interview with Arakawa-sensei, when she said that at the end of the series, the principle of Equivalent Exchange would be destroyed. This is what she was talking about. We all thought it was going to be something massive, but in the end it was something really so simple and beautiful. smile.gif

Lol, for being such a huge EdWin fan, I ought to check this thread more often. XD

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Aug 28 2011, 12:47 PM
Post #50

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

QUOTE (allykatty1 @ Aug 6 2011, 08:03 PM) *
Ha, I am kind of late to this party, but would like to offer my own input for why Ed (Warning! End of series spoilers ahead!) didn't offer his whole life in the train station scene! happy.gif I don't think it's a complicated issue at all, not like "Oh, he wasn't willing to give it all, he doesn't love her 100%!" I was surprised to read some people thought that actually. C'mon, this is Ed we're talking about. The alchemist. It's so obvious! XD The entire principle of his world is based on equal exchange. It is not mathematically possible to give 50% and then receive more than 50% back in return. It has to all equal 100%. So it makes complete sense to him to ask for half. To him, that's the most it is possible to give! That's what makes it all the more powerful when Winry says she'll give him "all" of her life. She doesn't think of things in terms of alchemy or science. And of course it's much more romantic to say that you'll give "all" of yourself to someone. That's why Ed is so amazed by her response, because it didn't even occur to him to think of it that way. And it probably made him realize just how much she really cares about him. Not to mention, it also goes right along with Ed and Al's new rule to "take 10, but give back 11." This is all goes back to way-back-when, years ago, in a interview with Arakawa-sensei, when she said that at the end of the series, the principle of Equivalent Exchange would be destroyed. This is what she was talking about. We all thought it was going to be something massive, but in the end it was something really so simple and beautiful. smile.gif

Lol, for being such a huge EdWin fan, I ought to check this thread more often. XD

YES, YES, THIS. I agree with this so much! Your response was perfect. Perfectly in-character. Perfectly what Ed would be thinking, and his response makes sense with what you said! (Warning! End of series spoilers ahead!)Yeah, I never got the feeling that the confession was really complicated and whatnot, especially with ED, of course - like you said, it's simple and beautiful. happy.gif

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post
Mist
post Oct 7 2011, 07:50 PM
Post #51

Citizen

Member No.: 85,308

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Jun 13 2010, 06:23 AM) *
^ That's actually quite sweet. I liked the "essay".

Also for me, one of the reasons I kept reading the manga was because I thought they would end up together in the manga. It was probably, no definitely, the biggest reason I hated the ending to CoS. Because of how they handled Ed and Winry. I hated that they pushed Rose on in the end and I hated that Noah, someone who had never showed up in the series AT ALL got him in the end, causing all of the people arguing over whether he would end up with Winry or Rose's heads to explode. It was quite retarded indeed. But I digress...

apparently the animation team for the first series HATED Winry, finding out how cool she was in the manga was all new to me. *shrugs* Anyhoo, I have LOVED watching this couple grow throughout the years. I have found it both hilarious and touching. And yeah, it was foreseeable that they would end up together, but I love that they did. I don't care that it wasn't unexpected, I actually did a little squee when reading that part of the last chapter. smile.gif

OMG I SO AGREE! I HATE NOAH AND ROSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ED IS WITH WINRY!!!!!!! RAH!!!!!!!!! ^^

they hated winry? SERIOUSLY?! THATS SO MEAN!!!!! but the only reason anyone could hate winry is because THEY messed up how they portrayed her character! DEAR GOD i LOVE winry but god they turned her into a SISSY! SHES SO MUCH STRONGER IN THE MANGA!!

god i hate the writers for the original series... they turned win into some random mary sue!!!!

ok... i think i'm done spazzing out ^^

+Quote Post
kmchin
post Jul 27 2012, 12:22 AM
Post #52

Citizen

Member No.: 90,650

Some good news for Edwin fans! biggrin.gif

In the FMA Chronicle book, there's a timeline for each character & it said that Ed & Winry got married the same year he left for the West & had lots of kids after that. I can totally imagine them having a bunch of kids!

Even Arakawa sensei didn't approve of how the original FMA left Edwin hanging like that. She drew an omake (4 panel comic) which during the CoS scene where Winry hugs Ed, she knocks him out cold & drags him home so he doesn't have to go back to London haha. If only it happened like that smile.gif

In the OVA for the original FMA, titled 'Kids', Ed's great granddaughter looks exactly like Winry & his automail arm looks brand new so the little Edwin fan in me hopes that somehow Winry managed to cross into his world. smile.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 02:59 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css