HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 906 907 908 909 910 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Sannom
post Nov 15 2008, 07:01 PM
Post #13606

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,674

I feel sorry for the poor woman, and it was an excellent moment showing Roy's character and his determination to not take another innocent life.

Yet I don't like the fact he is not completely honest with her, especially when his men are the ones responsible for the "removing" of her husband (I hope Mustang's aware of this, because if not, I think there would be a problem).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post Nov 15 2008, 07:20 PM
Post #13607

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 15,086

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Nov 15 2008, 06:26 PM) *
I'm with RoyxRizaFan on the goatee, though. I'm not sure I like it, but Havoc's a goatee kind of guy.

I just dont understand why Havoc is all grungey and hairy now that he`s parapalegic. I mean, bro`s not really doing much, he should have time to shave, right? l:/

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Nov 15 2008, 06:26 PM) *
Olivier, however, is one whom I still distrust. I don't know what it is, but I just don't. I don't want to offend anyone who likes her, though, so I'll leave it at that.

I`m with you on this. Ever since her introduction into the story I haven`t really trusted her. I feel like she`s too... mechanical I guess? Calculating, maybe? :x

--------------------

Darling you can bet to see my ghost up on the wall, watching you eat. Yeah, its true, I dream about you too, grinding my mouth, losing my teeth. You are exactly what a night-mare`s for. I'll night marry you.

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Nov 15 2008, 07:51 PM
Post #13608

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Sannom- Touché. (O, I am slain!) I'm pretty sure he's aware of it, though, as he tells her he'll prove that their side is the right one. But you have a good point-- he's not entirely honest with her, and I have no way to justify that other than to quote Machiavelli on that one, which, in and of itself, is hardly justification. Does he get brownie points for what he does tell her, though?

Two (somewhat connected) theories:

1) I think that, to some extent, she's aware of what's going on, but won't admit it to herself. It's kind of like how Hamlet's Gertrude could be, if you assume she's innocent: she might suspect Claudius/Bradley, but she wants what's best, so she turns a blind eye to what's going on. Not that she's a bad person or anything, but she just wants to stay safe and happy, and not neccessarily at the cost of others.

2) Maybe it's just that the less she knows, the better. If Bradley didn't tell her anything, she has only her own knowledge to go off of, and the more people who know a secret, the better chance there is of a leak, statistically speaking. Mustang is, then, applying that same idea. He didn't flat out lie and say, "I support your husband," but I agree-- it's not right to keep something from her. He kind of did tell her what he was all about, if you read between the lines, though: "We'll win you over to our side." Sounds to me like, if Mrs. Bradley has enough wits about her at this point to put two and two together, it's pretty obvious that Mustang's against him. Scared out of your mind doesn't exactly make the best thinking conditions, though.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Nov 15 2008, 07:55 PM
Post #13609

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Nov 15 2008, 09:26 PM) *
On a different tangent than the rest of you all, I was really happy when Roy was all, "We're going to protect you with all we've got" to Mrs. Bradley. I feel sorry for the poor woman, and it was an excellent moment showing Roy's character and his determination to not take another innocent life. Actually, the whole battle was.

ITA. I was really happy about that, too.

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Nov 15 2008, 09:26 PM) *
Olivier, however, is one whom I still distrust. I don't know what it is, but I just don't. I don't want to offend anyone who likes her, though, so I'll leave it at that.

Yeah, this is how I've evaluated Olivia in a past thread:

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Sep 17 2008, 05:25 PM) *
Sorry, I have to add something to this Olivia discussion...

...She usually doesn't get on my nerves, and I have faith that she's on Roy's side. My problem with her is how she treats Alex. Somehow, i dont find it funny. How can she put him down for leaving the war, when she wasn't a part of it? She doesn't know it was like to have to kill innocent people and watch their bodies dropping all around her. Sure, she heard about it, but nothing is the same as being part of it, so she has no right to judge him since she doesn't know a thing about the circumstance.

Plus I loved Alex since he first showed up in volume 2, so having some newbie come in and treat him like sh*t isn't something I can really let by easily...

I don't hate her. I want to like her because she kicks butt and is wicked cool. It's interesting how she sits on the fence, and you never know which side she'll fall on. Sometimes, it's overkill, though, and some things about her annoy me so much that I forget what I like about her. I hate the thought of her being Fuhrer (she is not reliable and would not bring change) and I hate the thought of her with Roy (though this is thankfully less popular of an idea than I thought it was) and so on and so forth.

So overall I have no idea what I think of her over all. Kind of like Havoc's goatee! tongue.gif

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Nov 16 2008, 04:19 AM
Post #13610

State Alchemist (Major)

Olivia will end up with Buccanneer laugh.gif I'm pretty sure all the "normal" women in that family have a thing for big ad tall men, and her personality is kinda like Izumi's, and look at Sigu biggrin.gif (I still don't understand how those two can reproduce huh.gif ).

Does he get brownie points for what he does tell her, though?

I don't know... implying that her husband might want to toss her aside when he knows that he isn't the one in command, I just don't like it. Especially if Riza has told him about the fact that his wife is Bradley's only choice in his entire life, which we don't know.

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Nov 16 2008, 12:07 PM
Post #13611

^Not trying to call you out on this, but trying to clarify: How did you get that he's implying Bradley would toss her aside? (I can see some points where that could be the case, but I'm curious about what exactly made you think that.) Is it just when he says, "I don't know"?

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Nov 16 2008, 12:34 PM
Post #13612

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

QUOTE (Sannom @ Nov 16 2008, 03:19 AM) *
Olivia will end up with Buccanneer laugh.gif I'm pretty sure all the "normal" women in that family have a thing for big ad tall men, and her personality is kinda like Izumi's, and look at Sigu biggrin.gif (I still don't understand how those two can reproduce huh.gif ).

Does he get brownie points for what he does tell her, though?

I don't know... implying that her husband might want to toss her aside when he knows that he isn't the one in command, I just don't like it. Especially if Riza has told him about the fact that his wife is Bradley's only choice in his entire life, which we don't know.

*waves her Oliveer flag*

Ever since Olivier showed up, I haven't been able to put my favorite FMA women into a list past Riza being first.

That last part is what I've been wondering about, too Sannom. Though, I have a feeling his disappearance was already being kept from her by the rest of the military. Father probably would have had them dispose of her at the end of the battle, if he won, that is, because she's useless to him.

Somehow, both Bradley and Selim have become attached to her, and I'm sure Father has no idea.

Ever since Bradley's conversation with Pride(since before we knew Selim was pride) I've thought he was more than a bit rebellious against Father. Now, if he figures out that Father doesn't care if she lives, what will he think about that?

Anyways, on to Roy and Riza.

It's great that the soldiers are bringing up Ishval. Aldo, perfect timing for Riza to shoot him in the foot. I love the (sort of)explanation as to how Roy's alchemy works.

Hey, Knox's son will have a lot of patients if everyone survives.

Poor Mustang, no one else is quite as loyal as his subordinates.

Rebecca wins for bringing presents, and rejecting Mustang at the same time. That keeps happening to him XD

J.S. - Great possibilities you've out out there!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Nov 16 2008, 02:07 PM
Post #13613

State Alchemist (Major)

Not trying to call you out on this, but trying to clarify: How did you get that he's implying Bradley would toss her aside?

Perharps not something as clear as that, but the simple fact that he says "I don't know" when he knows, I don' like. It puts her in doubt when he could so easily dispell them. That's a real moral pain for her not to know!

Father probably would have had them dispose of her at the end of the battle, if he won, that is, because she's useless to him.

I don't think he would purposely ask them to kill her, he is too far from the action, in all meanings possible. The problem with Father is that he says "Do this" but he can't check how it's done because he doesn't understand how the human mind works. For him, humans are like insects, he couldn't care less about them, but it has a drawback : he is not aware of everything they do, and he doesn't see it when they start to bite him. You could compare him as a man who fell asleep on top of an ant hill : he doesn't sense the attacks, yet the ants are eating him alive, and he will never wake up to see it.

Ever since Bradley's conversation with Pride(since before we knew Selim was pride) I've thought he was more than a bit rebellious against Father.

Father looks like Jesus. Wrath was the 12th subject to receive Father's wrath. 12 was the number of the traitor Judas. Yeah, I definitely think that Wrath will get rebellious.

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Nov 16 2008, 07:12 PM
Post #13614

Sannom- Got it. Thanks for the answer!

Ooh! I want to see Wrath rebel! He and Selim really do care for Mrs. Bradley from what I've seen, and I think that between them and Mustang's group, no matter the animosity between them, they'll keep her alive. At least, I hope so.

Maybe Selim's time with Al will do him some good on that particular issue. *shrugs* Anything can happen, right?

And, to stay on topic, Roy and Riza rocked the chapter, but I liked Riza's part a little more. Doesn't have to say a word, but you just know what's she's all about.

Being the romantic that I am, though, I'd like to think Rebecca rejected Roy for Riza's sake, even if it was also for comedic effect. It'd just be kind of interesting if she did.

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Nov 17 2008, 03:10 PM
Post #13615

State Alchemist (Major)

Ooh! I want to see Wrath rebel! He and Selim really do care for Mrs. Bradley from what I've seen, and I think that between them and Mustang's group, no matter the animosity between them, they'll keep her alive. At least, I hope so.

I don't know about Pride, his affection to Miss Bradley strikes me more like the kind of affection one has for a pet. A cherished and loved pet, but still a pet. Well, at least he likes her, not like Greed who considers his own pets (chimeras) as his possessions.

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Nov 22 2008, 01:45 AM
Post #13616

Anyone seen this yet?

All dressed up for the 2009 calendar XD

So, she wears dresses with high backs.

edit: fixed

--------------------

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Nov 22 2008, 03:35 AM
Post #13617

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

^Picture doesn't work for me sad.gif
It's a banner. :/

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Nov 22 2008, 05:42 AM
Post #13618

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

It doesn't work for me, either... sad.gif
And I got SO curious!

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Nov 22 2008, 10:54 AM
Post #13619

^Yep, not workin' for me, either. Is there any way you can attach it, maybe? I'd REALLY love to see it!

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Nov 22 2008, 12:56 PM
Post #13620

The link should be working now, but I uploaded it just in case.

Attached File  roytaichiaugust.jpg ( 653.34K ) Number of downloads: 28

--------------------

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 906 907 908 909 910 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 10:01 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css