HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 64: Journey's End - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, spoilers for the entire Brotherhood series
Winry Chi
post Jul 8 2010, 11:41 AM
Post #91

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,100

-The epic walk Winry takes to answer her door.
-Alphonse at Gracia's.
-How hardcore they made Ed blush during his "proposal scene."
-Ed's soliloquy "Heart of Fullmetal."

Dislikes:
-Winry's hair not mirroring Trisha's in the Family Photo. Why BONES? Just why.
-The time alter of when Roy was offered the Philosopher's Stone.
-Ed and Al being drawn very, wide, they were not that wide at that age in the manga. It makes them very disproportionate and I can't take them seriously with their fat necks. (most scenes in this Ep had them like that D: )
-Roystash. Riza needs to smack that caterpillar off his face. I'm seriously hoping it was just an "Ed-edit" with permanent marker. If so, then I would approve.
- Winry and Ed's hair length. Continuity anyone?? -____-;
-Ed looks way off during the walk home.
-Alphonse during the walk home. His face, his head. It looked...very off.
-Mei and Lin flashback, Why oh why could we not have just seen the events in the right order?
-Family picture. Mei being in the family photo in the manga held extreme meaning. Brotherhood threw Paninya and Garfiel in there, which destroys that meaning. I could see if they showed the original Family Photo then they showed another one taken directly after it, in which they joined in, that would be cool.
-The photos on the wall had problems with Ed's bangs. -.- Manga references, do use them while animating.

Unsure of:
-EdoWin proposal. It felt rushed.

Overall:
BONES should have spent more time animating this Ep rather than rushing through it. Seriously, it was the final ep, it deserved the very best, which sadly... I don't think it was the best it could have been.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Icy12
post Jul 8 2010, 05:11 PM
Post #92

Citizen

Member No.: 66,541

@ Winry Chi...

While I agree with practically all of your likes/dislikes, the only one I disagree with is the Winry hairstyle. I actually did like that Winry's hair did not resemble Trisha. As beautiful as the picture is in the manga, it was the hairstyle that kind of irked me. But that is my personal opinion... happy.gif;

+Quote Post
zephyr_zealot
post Jul 9 2010, 07:57 AM
Post #93

Citizen

Member No.: 43,433

The ending was better then season 1 FMA. It's because in Brotherhood, at least Al had kept his memories with Ed while he was in a suit of armor. =)

Like:

Hohenheim died peacefully. It must be hard to be an immortal.

When busybody Ed asked Al about May, which the question was whether Al likes May or not.

When Ed was fixing the roof. He accidentally hit his fingers while hammering a nail. It reminds me of Homer Simpson.

Plus, I enjoyed the part when Ed & Al meet Winry. She was so surprised when she accidentally heard what Al said before she opened the door. A sweet scene.

When Ed expressed his love towards Winry in a scientific way. LOL

Dislike:

Roy's some kind of facial italian mustache. It ruined his macho-ness. T_T

Conclusion:

Another season of FMA wrapped up. We will miss all of FMA characters especially Ed&Al.
Right now, let's cheers for another FMA movie!
XD

--------------------

Face it. It's a lot of changes now..

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jul 9 2010, 08:53 PM
Post #94

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

I enjoyed the final episode thoroughly, especially when they show Edward on the train, like the last scene of the first series. If only he reached up into the sky!

I don't see the big issue with Roy's mustache. It doesn't really suit him, but it's not some terrible abomination. Get over it.

My review is up on my blog, and I'm working on an overall review for Brotherhood!

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Jul 10 2010, 07:44 AM
Post #95

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

QUOTE (Winry Chi @ Jul 9 2010, 01:41 AM) *
-The epic walk Winry takes to answer her door.
-Alphonse at Gracia's.
-How hardcore they made Ed blush during his "proposal scene."
-Ed's soliloquy "Heart of Fullmetal."

Dislikes:
-Winry's hair not mirroring Trisha's in the Family Photo. Why BONES? Just why.
-The time alter of when Roy was offered the Philosopher's Stone.
-Ed and Al being drawn very, wide, they were not that wide at that age in the manga. It makes them very disproportionate and I can't take them seriously with their fat necks. (most scenes in this Ep had them like that D: )
-Roystash. Riza needs to smack that caterpillar off his face. I'm seriously hoping it was just an "Ed-edit" with permanent marker. If so, then I would approve.
- Winry and Ed's hair length. Continuity anyone?? -____-;
-Ed looks way off during the walk home.
-Alphonse during the walk home. His face, his head. It looked...very off.
-Mei and Lin flashback, Why oh why could we not have just seen the events in the right order?
-Family picture. Mei being in the family photo in the manga held extreme meaning. Brotherhood threw Paninya and Garfiel in there, which destroys that meaning. I could see if they showed the original Family Photo then they showed another one taken directly after it, in which they joined in, that would be cool.
-The photos on the wall had problems with Ed's bangs. -.- Manga references, do use them while animating.

Unsure of:

Overall:
BONES should have spent more time animating this Ep rather than rushing through it. Seriously, it was the final ep, it deserved the very best, which sadly... I don't think it was the best it could have been.

I aggree to every words you've said especially the photo. WHATTHEHECK are those two doing in there????!??!?! seriously. if it's izumi & sig or gracia & elicia it would be better BUT WHY PANINYA AND GARFIEL???
and yeah, roystache, it's ruining everything -,-

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Jul 10 2010, 09:51 AM
Post #96

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

QUOTE (Winry Chi @ Jul 8 2010, 07:41 PM) *
Unsure of:

How could it possibly have been done less quickly? I'm just curious, because generally things happen faster in animation than they do in manga. I think if it was any longer it would have dragged on a bit when it didn't need to be.

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Jul 10 2010, 10:22 AM
Post #97

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,365

I... really don't get why everyone is so upset about Paninya and Garfiel being in the picture. They're Winry's friends and, in a way, surrogate family.

--------------------
"There is no such thing as wrath inside me."

+Quote Post
~Puppet Alphonse...
post Jul 10 2010, 10:35 AM
Post #98

Citizen

Member No.: 47,456

Oh I absolutely loved the proposal scene. It was perfect.

I also liked the added short conversation of Ed and Al on the way to the house. When Ed was asking Al if he had feelings about May and when Al asked if he was 'sure' about Winry. Which could be many things, 'Are you sure you have feelings for her?' 'Are you sure you want her to be your girlfriend?', ect. Because during the 2 years before the proposal they were probably a item. I don't see Ed and Winry being best friends and then suddenly "WILL YOU MARRY ME? OLOL". She Ed might have asked Winry out shortly after their arrival home.

Oh, and I HATED Winry's walk to the front door. I think they drove it out wayyy too long. I hate suspense. XD

And also, Alphonse's voice in his real body threw me off. It seemed a bit surreal for a little boy's voice to be coming from a young man. Nothing against Al's voice actress, though.

(Ps. Anyone else love Schoolgirl Elisha? biggrin.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
JackDawkins
post Jul 10 2010, 11:21 AM
Post #99

Citizen

Member No.: 73,219

QUOTE (AXavierB @ Jul 10 2010, 11:22 AM) *
I... really don't get why everyone is so upset about Paninya and Garfiel being in the picture. They're Winry's friends and, in a way, surrogate family.

They were only in two episodes of the anime (not counting episodes 60/61). It just seems sort of out of place for them to be there because they didn't seem to have as great an impact on the lives of the characters (from what we saw) as Izumi and Sig or maybe Gracia and Elicia. It takes away from the whole "family photo" aspect that made it so special by adding in two random characters that hardly played a prominent or important role in the main characters' lives.

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jul 10 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #100

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

I'm agree with how strange it seemed adding in Garfiel and Paninya...I can only think that maybe they play a greater role in the movie and so we are being reminded of them for that reason.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Jul 10 2010, 02:12 PM
Post #101

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,737

QUOTE (JackDawkins @ Jul 10 2010, 02:21 PM) *
QUOTE (AXavierB @ Jul 10 2010, 11:22 AM) *

They were only in two episodes of the anime (not counting episodes 60/61). It just seems sort of out of place for them to be there because they didn't seem to have as great an impact on the lives of the characters (from what we saw) as Izumi and Sig or maybe Gracia and Elicia. It takes away from the whole "family photo" aspect that made it so special by adding in two random characters that hardly played a prominent or important role in the main characters' lives.

I agree, it did dillute the "family photo" aspect of the picture, and it did water down the message that Mei was together with Al and now part it. I would go even further and say that the only person I could have accepted being added to that picture is Pinako, who actually -is- family.

+Quote Post
Winry Chi
post Jul 10 2010, 10:00 PM
Post #102

Citizen

Member No.: 71,100

QUOTE (Icy12 @ Jul 8 2010, 06:11 PM) *
@ Winry Chi... While I agree with practically all of your likes/dislikes, the only one I disagree with is the Winry hairstyle. I actually did like that Winry's hair did not resemble Trisha. As beautiful as the picture is in the manga, it was the hairstyle that kind of irked me. But that is my personal opinion... happy.gif;

^^ Neat that we share those opinions.
And I can understand why the style might irk you. I merely like it because it was one of the more blunt ways of showing a parallel between Trisha and Winry.

QUOTE (FailToImpress @ Jul 10 2010, 10:51 AM) *
QUOTE (Winry Chi @ Jul 8 2010, 07:41 PM) *
Unsure of:

How could it possibly have been done less quickly? I'm just curious, because generally things happen faster in animation than they do in manga. I think if it was any longer it would have dragged on a bit when it didn't need to be.

I understand that it would have felt dragged out if it's length was increased. I just mean the mannerism BONES had Ed and Winry take on whilst the scene was in action. As in, I felt that the manga panels were more or less, done more carefully. It felt more, shy and loving the way Ed hugged Winry, and her reactions in the manga, while Brotherhood gave it more of an awkward feeling, and thus sort of rushed.(Ex. when he kinda quickly pulls her into a hug, however I can see that it may have been intended to have been a quick instinct of him to do so, since this is the 'supposed' first time they have embraced in that manner.) Also, the shots of each of their faces shortly prior to the hug, sort of made the scene flow odd. I felt that focusing on their faces was not needed, being that it was the action and reactions of the two that made the event so extraordinary in the manga.

Does that make sense for an explanation? I could re-word it if that would help.

QUOTE (shanryelric @ Jul 10 2010, 08:44 AM) *
QUOTE (Winry Chi @ Jul 9 2010, 01:41 AM) *

I aggree to every words you've said especially the photo. WHATTHEHECK are those two doing in there????!??!?! seriously. if it's izumi & sig or gracia & elicia it would be better BUT WHY PANINYA AND GARFIEL???
and yeah, roystache, it's ruining everything -,-

I guess BONES felt to add them in because they did not gain much Screen Time? Perhaps to make a more noticeable change to the anime's version of the photo from the manga for a sense of (partially failed)originality. I honestly can agree that Izumi, Sig, Gracia, Elicia, and Pinako, should have been included IF BONES was wanting to do an "main family portrait." In the manga I felt that the family photo was purely "primary relations." not 'hey everyone jump in to ruin any significance of Mei being included!' Hah....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jul 11 2010, 02:17 AM
Post #103

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Winry Chi - I have merged your three posts in to one. Remember you can "edit" your post if you want to add a thought. I have also reduced the amount of text you have quoted.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Seeker of Truth
post Jul 11 2010, 10:29 AM
Post #104

Citizen

Member No.: 28,876

P&G are in their own separate photo in the manga version, I suspect Bones "ran" out of time and just merged them into the "main" photo unless the above prediction about them being more important for the movie holds out. I want to know why there was a lack of Rose in the end pics!!!! Yes, I know it was that way in the manga too. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jul 11 2010, 10:37 AM
Post #105

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

Thoughts:

- I really liked the fact that Maria had lines, and that Roy's subordinates (including Riza) were in the hosptial room. It was kind of strange that the Ishbal thing wasn't suggested by Marcoh and that Roy was still talking as if he was going to be Fuhrer even as he was blind, but it didn't bother me at all. I really liked what was added to that scene, especially the phone call to Havoc. It seemed like something Roy would do - insisting that Havoc use the stone first - especially after their argument in the hopsital right after Havoc was paralyzed.

- I didn't mind that the Xing scene was moved, though I missed Ling carrying Mei off XD Otherwise it was fine.

- I really liked the proposal scene, too. So cute!! I strongly, strongly preferred that Winry's hair didn't suggest an Oedipus complex, and their son seemed a little less creepy. Did NOT like that Garfiel and Paninya were thrown in there.

And I think this sums up how I feel about Colonel Mustache:

http://royxrizafan.deviantart.com/art/Must...tache-170475566

Anyhow, Brotherhood was overall a pretty good adaption, and in the end I'm glad it was done. The first few months were a little rough, but it really picked up and became something I truly enjoyed, and began to look forward to with each passing week. Nothing will compare to the actual manga, but Brotherhood came pretty damn close. I think I may actually recommend it to all my illiterate friends who find it impossible to read a story rather than watch it...

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 12:48 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css