HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 26: Reunion - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! May contain spoilers for the first 26 episodes!!
AXavierB
post Aug 8 2010, 05:02 PM
Post #76

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,365

The effect they used on Envy's voice makes me worried about how they're gonna do Pride's voice in later episodes. Judging by his scene with Wrath a couple episodes ago, it seems like the dub is replacing all the multiple voice effects with an echo filter. Annoying.

--------------------
"There is no such thing as wrath inside me."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EveningAlchemist
post Aug 8 2010, 06:57 PM
Post #77

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,198

QUOTE (JackDawkins @ Aug 8 2010, 12:19 PM) *
But I'm surprised no one has mentioned Maxey! I thought she nailed that part at the end with Al's body. Not a lot to say, don't have to scream and yell and flail around, but they're powerful lines and you've gotta give them something. Rie Kugimiya did a wonderful job in the Japanese. Maxey did great too!

Yes! The lines were simple, and almost gentle sounding, but they were so powerful they brought a tear to my eye! ohmy.gif

This is one of my fav episodes for that reason - it's an emotional powerhouse! Vic did an awesome job showing that emotion in his voice, so even if you're not a fan it was still was a job well done. (I'm a fan though!) There's also not a lot of fans here for Envy's VA, which always surprises me because usually me and my friend are raving about her monster voice!

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
FathersWay
post Aug 9 2010, 07:03 AM
Post #78

Citizen

Member No.: 75,153

I thought it was pretty insane in the beginning with Edward fighting Envy and all those scary souls popping out and talking to him. Let's just say in my mindset at the time it was a pretty insane thing to see, but amazingly awesome.

--------------------
I sell airsoft guns! Yeah, I'm cool...

+Quote Post
starfruit89
post Aug 10 2010, 12:16 AM
Post #79

Citizen

Member No.: 60,934

This is one of my favorite episodes and I thought the dub was handled very well. I likes Ed's line "Look at at me!", it kind of makes Ed sound like he wants Al to make sure to hear his promise before he disappears again. I also noticed that this episode had a TV MA rating which is kind of a head scratcher for me. Maybe the moaning heads and Ling cutting open those heads contibuted to the rating.

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post Aug 10 2010, 06:43 PM
Post #80

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,791

I didn't hear a difference in Envy's voice. I assumed the echo was just because they were in Gluttony's stomach. Somehow I was expecting to suddenly like Envy's voice this episode. Meh.

Father's voice continues to be more exciting and mysterious than the Japanese VA. I especially enjoyed him in the lab room in Bradley's past and his line, which was something like, "Are you the one who will become my wrath?"

I think the real performance here though took place in the Gate scene, not by Vic Mignogna (I thought the "Wait for me!" echo was just weird) but by Maxey Whitehead. I felt emotion in her few lines in that scene that weren't there in the Japanese version. In episode 2, I was unsure of her doing Alphonse out of the armor but now I think she can pull it off.

--------------------

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Aug 10 2010, 07:21 PM
Post #81

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

QUOTE (Vlyse @ Aug 10 2010, 09:43 PM) *
I think the real performance here though took place in the Gate scene, not by Vic Mignogna (I thought the "Wait for me!" echo was just weird) but by Maxey Whitehead. I felt emotion in her few lines in that scene that weren't there in the Japanese version. In episode 2, I was unsure of her doing Alphonse out of the armor but now I think she can pull it off.

This, so this. I have come to really love Whitehead's Alphonse. I sometimes forget it isn't Aaron Dismuke. It's just Alphonse to me.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Aug 10 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #82

Apprentice

I think Maxey is better than Aaron, to be honest.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nickx
post Aug 15 2010, 05:59 PM
Post #83

Citizen

Member No.: 72,883

It was fantastic. I'm still preferential to Aaron so its hard for me to get into Maxey still. I didn't like what they did with Envy though. I'm amazed at how different the show has become from the original anime, and its so weird seeing how its playing out.

Anyway, when's the next episode? I didn't see anything last night, same goes for DBZ Kai. Can anyone fill me in? Thanks!

+Quote Post
sidekick.kep37
post Aug 15 2010, 07:02 PM
Post #84

Alchemists

From: The lair where the Sidekicks hang on their down time
Member No.: 67,873

@nickx Adult Swim put FMA:B on hiatus. You're probably not going to get any new episodes in the dub for a pretty decent amount of time.

Well, as for the Maxey v. Aaron debate goes, both are fantastic, but I'm sticking with Aaron as the better Al. The deciding factor may seem stupid to some of you, but, well, it was my deciding factor. When Maxey screams and does her wails every now and then as Al, it's just a little too high pitched for me (which is a polite way of saying Alphonse sounds like a total girl). But still, Maxey does a terrific Al, and like penguintruth said, I forget the Al we're now seeing isn't Aaron but Maxey every now and then since they're voice acting for Al is almost identical.

And Vic... he was alright. That "Look at me!" line was alright, but he didn't really get anything out of me, emotion-wise. :/ Envy's echo kind of made me angry. Didn't like that at all. Still loving Ling as always.

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Aug 15 2010, 09:58 PM
Post #85

Apprentice

I find it funny how I used to vastly prefer Vic, but seriously, Romi is so perfect for Ed. She really brings out that arrogant, almost brutish side of his personality.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 14 2012, 08:42 AM
Post #86

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

For anyone who missed this episode, it's on Adult Swim (U.S.) tonight. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 11 2013, 04:20 PM
Post #87

Group Icon

For anyone who missed this episode, it's on Adult Swim (U.S.) tonight. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 16 2014, 03:09 PM
Post #88

Group Icon

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 06:28 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css