HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

43 Pages V  « < 41 42 43  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Evolution? Creation?, What do you believe in?
What do you believe in?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 207
Guests cannot vote 
daggertrepe
post Aug 30 2008, 03:51 PM
Post #631

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 62,161

I am a Christian, so I believe in creation. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Aug 30 2008, 04:08 PM
Post #632

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

QUOTE(daggertrepe @ Aug 30 2008, 11:51 PM) *

Do you have a better reason than that? Something verging on facts and evidence?

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Colette
post Aug 30 2008, 04:31 PM
Post #633

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

Hope this hasn't been posted before, but if not, very relevant

I believe in evolution, but I don't fret much about how or why I'm here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
daggertrepe
post Aug 30 2008, 06:28 PM
Post #634

Citizen

QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Aug 30 2008, 04:08 PM) *
QUOTE(daggertrepe @ Aug 30 2008, 11:51 PM) *

Do you have a better reason than that? Something verging on facts and evidence?

I hate it when I'm asked that. Are you an atheist? Cause they always love to ask me that when I say this.

To be honest, no. It's blind faith. Going to church and things of that sort have kind of convinced me that my god is out there. I can't really explain it, but it's an emotional, overpowering faith I have. That's all I have for you.

As for the evolution mumbo-jumbo, I don't really buy it, but that's not going to say it isn't true. I just don't know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Colette
post Aug 30 2008, 06:43 PM
Post #635

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

Well, opinions are supposed to be based and supported by facts. When you give someone your opinion, you will typically be asked to back it up. In this section of the forum in particular; there's a reason it's called the debate district, and I'll give you a hint; it's not because it's a nice alliteration.

Why would him being an atheist have anything to do with it, anyway? Because their beliefs conflict with your own? Believe me, you live in the United States, so don't even worry. The internet is probably the only place you'll ever get asked to defend your faith. The "mumbo jumbo" you're disowning is backed up with a lot more evidence than God. One just happens to have more followers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
daggertrepe
post Aug 31 2008, 10:55 AM
Post #636

Citizen

QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Aug 30 2008, 06:43 PM) *
Well, opinions are supposed to be based and supported by facts. When you give someone your opinion, you will typically be asked to back it up. In this section of the forum in particular; there's a reason it's called the debate district, and I'll give you a hint; it's not because it's a nice alliteration.

Why would him being an atheist have anything to do with it, anyway? Because their beliefs conflict with your own? Believe me, you live in the United States, so don't even worry. The internet is probably the only place you'll ever get asked to defend your faith. The "mumbo jumbo" you're disowning is backed up with a lot more evidence than God. One just happens to have more followers.

I have nothing against you all, and I surely hope you all have nothing against me for being a Christian. And you are correct. It seems as though if I say I'm a Christian on the internet, people love to attack me for it. Which is fine, cause nothing is really going to change my opinion.

I could care less about what facts or crap support evolution. It seems far out there for ME, as does Christianity for you. Both are very 'out there' in fact. But I choose God, and that's the end of it for me, really.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post Apr 19 2009, 01:38 PM
Post #637

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 15,086

QUOTE (daggertrepe @ Aug 31 2008, 11:55 AM) *
I could care less about what facts or crap support evolution. It seems far out there for ME, as does Christianity for you. Both are very 'out there' in fact. But I choose God, and that's the end of it for me, really.

Is evolution really that "far out" to you? To me, evolution makes a lot more sense than any religous explanation and seems way more plausible, and I`m Catholic.

--------------------

Darling you can bet to see my ghost up on the wall, watching you eat. Yeah, its true, I dream about you too, grinding my mouth, losing my teeth. You are exactly what a night-mare`s for. I'll night marry you.

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jun 23 2009, 01:28 PM
Post #638

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

i belive in both, for this part of religion i agree with Islam, which basically sais the same as christianity but sais that the universe was created in 6 'periods' of time rather than 6 days, it doesn't say how long these periods are, it also never sais evoloution didn't happen, and the order of creation happens in basically the same order as presented by science, so if anything science backs up what the religion sais.

Also the stuff in the qu'ran is the word of God, whereas the Bible is written by men, at the time it was written, i doubt human kind could contemplate the great periods of time involved, 'days' are much easier to understand. Also i belive that god is in eternety not time, so what seemed a day to him could be millions of years for us.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FullMetalShrimp2
post Mar 24 2011, 12:53 AM
Post #639

Citizen

Member No.: 79,058

OT:

Hate to bring back a nearly dead topic, but...Man. Oh man oh man. What a touchy subject. Before I get into anything more, I just want to give a quick background.

I was introduced to these forums when I was in 8th grade and I was actively participating in the debates when I hadn't even undertaken a simple biology class. Silly me. I was out giving silly answers to things all around the age of 13 without having much clarity to my own answers. I was more or less observed as the religious fooly kid that grew up in church and couldn't speak for anything else but that. That might've been true. Looking back at some silly posts by my younger self from five years ago it makes me want to laugh, honestly...but what I still believe to this day remains. In short, I was banned by a mod who goes by Carnal Malefactor today. It seems like a different name than what it was 5 years ago, but heck...it's been too long I can barely remember.

Albeit while having some annoying posts, I still felt humiliated at what had happened to me and I left these forums for a long time. Carnal illustrated that I would have to take a biology class in high school before I could ever participate in here again. It was a random urge, but I decided to kick back on here for the first time in a while (5 years like I said). Sadly, I forget all the juicy log-in details to my old account so I placed a "2" at the end of this account to redeem myself from the young lad I was that couldn't debate efficiently. I stand for the same beliefs that I did then, just standing here as a more intelligent person than I was back then. I would seriously love it if Carnal would come back into the debates with me again. I'd love a shot at taking my name back and reaffirming what hasn't changed in 5 years except a few science classes or so under my belt.

I'm Christian and I realize it's hard to stand up for something like that in what's based solely on evidence, but I'm ready to take it slow and easy and have some fun with you guys and gals.

tl;dr I'm Christian and want to debate.

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Mar 24 2011, 03:42 AM
Post #640

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

Welcome back, FullMetalShrimp! If you'd like to retrieve the information for your old account, (like if the recover password function doesn't work etc) you can contact the admin Tombow via PM in order to try and sort it out. Then your FullMetalShrimp2 account can be just a temporary one. happy.gif

I wasn't here during the time Carnal Malefactor was, but I think it's safe to say this member is now inactive. ><

Also, on topic, I'm not claiming to know a lot about science, but I do believe in evolution rather than creation. I've never been religious and I'm not really quite sure I'll ever believe in a higher power that created all of us...But I usually don't think about these things in depth. So sorry about the lack of it; I've never found myself compiling information for and against, really. We're here and I just don't find myself worrying over why it is we're here. (Well, the scientific v religious aspects of it, anyway).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Mar 25 2011, 06:37 AM
Post #641

State Alchemist (Major)

Both. (Which is annoyingly not a poll option) I don't understand why God can't have created science. If I create a program does it work miraculously? Nope, it runs on the mathamatical laws that I designed for it, however if i want I can change the code if i want to try something new or push things along a bit, in the same respect I think that life did evolve but this in no way means we wern't created or that humans wern't given a little extra stiumulus to turn out the way we did. If I somehow managed to create intelligent life within a program, would that life deny my existance simply because I wrote the program so that it's self sustaining? The whole idea that some kind of creator doesn't work within science just seems bizarre to me, it's not like our universe is prooven to be able to exist without a god anyway as all our theories of why the big bang occured allways leads to something existing before it, we have no theory of how something could spontaniously exist from nothing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Mar 25 2011, 10:11 AM
Post #642

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Program Note>

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Mar 25 2011, 09:37 AM) *
Both. (Which is annoyingly not a poll option)

Agreed, and edited & added the poll choices. smile.gif

===

OT: ^ Thank you, A Pierrot's Aria. smile.gif

@FullMetalShrimp2 (a.k.a. Fullmetal Shrimp) - Welcome back! Please check your PM inbox on FullMetalShrimp2 account on how to recover password for your original posting account (Fullmetal Shrimp). biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Mar 26 2011, 09:10 AM
Post #643

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

i believe in evolution to an extent but i beleive in god and that he made us evolve due to the need to do so.

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Mar 28 2011, 10:33 AM
Post #644

State Alchemist (Major)

Thanks for editing the poll options tombow happy.gif can put in my opinion now =D

--------------------

+Quote Post

43 Pages V  « < 41 42 43
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 10:25 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css