HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

42 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Fma-1 Conqueror Of Shamballa Movie Summary, FMA-1 and FMA CoS SPOILERS inside!!
Kirara
post Jul 23 2005, 08:48 PM
Post #61

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,267

As for the comments about Hughes, I don't think his position necessarily makes him a bad guy. After all, back in Amestris he was a soldier in a hostile military dictatorship that performed hideous secret experiments and commited acts of genocide, and now he's...pretty much doing the same thing. I'll be glad to see him again, and his little thing with Gracia sounds cute.

Well I hope you are right. smile.gif

I think a lot of people here are clearly overreacting and taking this way too seriously. And maybe you should...y'know...see the movie first?

I agree. The thing is I would have been happy with the anime ending without the movie because it left me with hope. Now we know the brothers are together, which is even better. I don't see why there needs to be a sequel. Not every loose end of a story has to be wrapped up, that is what your imagination is for. Sometimes the best stories leave some things open in the end. And frankly I hope there isn't a sequel, because sometimes there is too much of a good thing. And I am sorry to say this but Roy/Riza's relatiionship does not garner a sequel. Look you know they are together in the end and you know they like each other so in my opinion that should be enough. And if you really need more Full Metal Alchemist there is the manga which is quite excellent and in many ways better than the anime. So at least stop complaining until you actually see the movie.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sycia
post Jul 23 2005, 09:15 PM
Post #62

Emeritus: Japanese News Liaison

Member No.: 851

QUOTE(Jellybean @ Jul 24 2005, 10:32 AM)
Quick question: What was Ed doing when he started his arm like a lawnmower in the trailer?   :huh:

Oh yeah, another question.  Maybe it's my old Rose-hating habit acting up again, but I don't quite see why Noah is with them at the end.  It sounds like she made a royal ass of herself and then never expressed any remorse or redeemed herself.  I think she's going to annoy even more in the movie than she did in the series.
[snapback]224485[/snapback]

Ed went lawnmowing when the soldiers tried to capture Noah at the carnival. She bumped into Ed along the way and him being the nice-guy he is, helped. : )

Honestly, Noah pissed the **** outta me for helping out the Thule. I don't recall her apologizing, but I'm supposing she just seeked a 'home' and Ed understood so forgave her.

QUOTE(Keos @ Jul 24 2005, 11:58 AM)
Ok, my questions:

1) When you said that the Thule society were constructing a transmutation circle, how did Ed end up performing the conditions to opening the gate by transmutation?  I thought you couldn't perform alchemy in this world?  So does that mean that only the transmutation circles were destroyed when he came back to this world and not the "Gate" (in the manga, it was a Gate with the tree of life on it)

2) Was there a conclusion for what happened to Envy?  Did he die or something?  I was assuming all the homunculi died.  What about Dante?  Her end was not confirmed exactly in the anime, though she probably died.

3) Sorry, this might have been answered in the anime, but I'm not so sure: but what was the overall goal of the homunculi in the anime?  I knew that Lust wanted to become human, but the rest?  They despised humans, esp. Envy and I don't know what the Fuhrer's goal was even though he seemed to have been plotting something sinister.
[snapback]224568[/snapback]

1) Ed happened to sneak into their underground hideout (?), saw the incomplete circle thingy and drew the rest of it. He touched it with both hands (one stained with his own blood) and it just activated like that (he didn't intend to actually set it off, it just happened). I'm guessing all the elements had been there for it to work. Envy (homoculus), the circle itself, and the blood of an Elric.

2) Hmm... Envy... well I don't recall anything really happening to him. Most probably he disappeared as the exchange to open the Gate (I hadn't taken notice, sorry). Dante was not shown. Gluttony being alive probably means he ate her.

3) Just as the characters of the Hagaren world have Alter!s, Homoculi also have human Alters! in the movie. They aren't related / have no memory of their Hagaren-world Homoculi. Meaning they live as normal people. Bradley (Mabuse) was a movie-maker kinda obsessed with the idea of alternate worlds and was actually helping Ed out a lot in the movie.

--------------------
<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>いずみ 「生きていれば、いつか命は尽きて、肉体は土に還り、
その上で草花を咲かせる。魂は想いと言う糧となり、人々の
心に生き続ける。世のあらゆる物は流れ、循環している。」
</span>

- Emeritus: Japanese News Liaison -

+Quote Post
Keos
post Jul 23 2005, 09:32 PM
Post #63

Apprentice

Member No.: 17,621

Thanks for the answers, Sycia. More specifically though, with regards to questions 1 and 3, I would like to know whether the actual "Gate" was destroyed or was it just the transmutation circles which were destroyed? It seems rather impossible to me for the "Gate" to be destroyed (ie. the portal itself is not destroyed, just the means to get to the other side :S)

And for number 3, I meant just in the series, and not worrying about the homunculi alters in our world. I mean, what did the homunculi, who seemed to have banded together (except Greed) under Dante wanted to achieve overall? Not all of them wanted the same goal, did they? Lust wanted to be human; Envy wanted to find and kill Ho-ho(?); Gluttony: ?; Pride wanted ??; Sloth wanted ??. They seemed to have their own agendas, while some of them just seemed to want to work for another for no specific given reason. But what's the overall goal? In the manga, I think it's clear all of the Homunculi are working together to do something for "Father". At least that much is clear and their efforts concentrate to carry out something most of them want.

huh.gif

--------------------
Avid EdWin supporter!

EdWin is canon! Thankyou Arakawa-sensei~~ ^ ^

Cloud & Tifa - The official FF7 couple.

+Quote Post
Sycia
post Jul 23 2005, 10:01 PM
Post #64

Ack, the portals/ gateways were destroyed, not the gate itself *goes to edit*

--------------------
</span>

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jul 23 2005, 10:04 PM
Post #65

Member No.: 250

Sycia, thanks for giving us all this information. I apologize if the next question was already asked.

How was the music? The new songs by L'Arc? And Michiru Oshima's score? Did they re-use any of the great music from the series noticeably or was all the music totally new? If they did re-use some of the older themes do you remember which ones?

Thanks again Sycia.

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post
Sycia
post Jul 23 2005, 10:20 PM
Post #66

TheVileOne: Hmmm o_O I was too busy trying to take in the titanic amount of information in the movie, but alright, I will recall it as best as I can.

The opening score was EXCELLENT in my opinion (haven't heard it by itself), together with the opening sequence which is actually collage of scenes from the TV animation scenes leading up to the DVD covers (some old official art was also used). Catchy, yet nostalgic.

At the start of the movie there's a scene with the gypsys singing their own little song, this again I liked, but perhaps that because I'm a sucker for traditional folk music and the like (?)

Unfortunately I really don't remember much of the other background music (>< sorry) except that in some parts it sounded somewhat like the TV series' stuff, yet not.

Ending song, watched and listened to after the whole thing, it made me smile because though the lyrics sounded sad to me when i first saw them weeks ago, now I understand what they truly hint at. And suddenly the song didn't seem so 'sad' anymore. It did in fact ssound more to me like something that marks a brand new beginning.

--------------------
</span>

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jul 23 2005, 10:24 PM
Post #67

Member No.: 250

Thanks so much Sycia smile.gif ! You are a queen!

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post
Guest_Dante_*
post Jul 23 2005, 10:26 PM
Post #68

Guests

What did the Japanese think of the movie, I wonder?

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jul 23 2005, 10:27 PM
Post #69

Guests

Dude! That makes me so freaking sad. ...That's it?! They just leave everything behind in Shambala and are stuck in our lame alchemyless world?! That sucks! They better make another movie or even another series like DBZ or something! Ugh!

+Quote Post
_alchemist
post Jul 23 2005, 10:29 PM
Post #70

Citizen

Member No.: 3,154

@ thevileone:

i think that the OST is somewhere out there available to download, provided that you're really antsy to get your hands on it. lol, but as for me, I think i'll just go and buy the real thing.

i've heard the folk song with the gypsies singing. it is truly awesome! i can't wait until i see it along with the images from the movie!!

--------------------
In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

+Quote Post
ChibiWinry_05
post Jul 23 2005, 10:35 PM
Post #71

Citizen

Member No.: 10,921

man threre go my hopes and dreams of edwin and royai, and alter al seems kinda evil O_O knocking ed down like that and it sucks he died, and ed and al's dad died also. I would like to see ed and al in like our time 2005 *pictures ed driving a street bike or driving a chevy lumina or something* I really want to see the part with ed driving a car LOL HAHAHAHAHA i bet it's one of those old Ford cars like in chrono cruisaid. I bet it would be soooooo cool to see ed and al meet up with the girls from Burst Angel LOL XDDDDDD that make for an interesting movie wowowowowowwwo I WANT A SEQUAL!

--------------------
Ed: Auotmail Junky!

Winry: Alchemy freak!

+Quote Post
Kaiko
post Jul 23 2005, 10:38 PM
Post #72

Citizen

Member No.: 5,257

I didn't read all of it, just the ending, cause I was dying to know if it was a happy or sad ending. Seems like it ended in the way I wanted it to be. xD

I don't think a sequel is needed, because (in my opinion) this anime is about the two brothers and well, everything seemed to go well for Ed and Al, so I'm satisfied.

--------------------

Made by _joha @ fukikomu (LiveJournal)

+Quote Post
Lawl
post Jul 24 2005, 12:05 AM
Post #73

Citizen

Member No.: 16,860

Sycia, THANK you for the summary, I know you had to put a lot of work into translateing all of that, so thanks alot! smile.gif

+Quote Post
cutewitch
post Jul 24 2005, 12:43 AM
Post #74

Citizen

Member No.: 10,391

kudos is due sycia for everything!!!

anyway, anyone thinking that this is just the start of another sequel???

+Quote Post
Saturn Stars
post Jul 24 2005, 01:10 AM
Post #75

Member No.: 11,102

Man the ending was fine like that... I know we all love fma, but man just leave the anime alone.

We don't want to ruin it.

--------------------
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>LOL!</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>~*~Lialiakicks' evil parter in crime~*~</span>
*Yukina_Raven's lil sis* *Chiyo's lil sis* My big sisters rock!
Taken Away EdxWinxRozexWin? Lost in Your Heaven EdxWin... er... WinxMunichAl? (It's up to your imagination lol) EdxWinry 100 Themes Uh yeah that's EdxWin Someone Who Cares For Me EdxWin... again... Manga Related? Stand Up and Walk Forward Umm yes... EdxWin His Gift *Cough* Edxwin *Cough* Manga related? First Kiss [Edxwin] Nah really saturn Stars? Let me tell you... if fluff could kill... *Manga, Chapter 48 related*
Above is my army of Edxwin fics... lol enjoy!

+Quote Post

42 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 02:41 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css