Reply to this topicStart new topic
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Little Washu
post Nov 26 2010, 09:56 PM
Post #1

Lt. General

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,492

There are no words to describe this anime, besides epic. Take the comedy of a modern [adult swim] show, the style of an extra cartoony anime, and the music of a nightclub and combine them all together with the hint of Drawn Together, and you have... this. Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.

PaSwG started airing this year (2010) on Oct. 1st, on BS NTV and zombo. The animation is just amazing, the music is great, and the characters are nothing short of just lovable <3

QUOTE (wikipedia)
Panty and Stocking are angels who were kicked out of heaven due to their bad behavior. They are sent to Daten City (a pun on the Japanese word, "datenshi" (堕天使, lit. Fallen Angel?) ), a place located somewhere between heaven and hell, where strange monsters called "Ghosts" start terrorizing the place. Under the watchful eye of Reverend Garterbelt, it's up to Panty and Stocking to destroy these Ghosts, and by doing so they receive Heaven Coins which will allow them back into heaven

This is just... I cannot explain the epicness. Before I go on, the characters:

[ Transformed Panty ]
Panty (パンティ, Panti)
Voiced by: Arisa Ogasawara
"Anarchy Panty is a sexy 'celebrity blonde. Like her sister, Stocking, she is an angel who was kicked out of Heaven for bad behaviour. She and Stocking drive around in a pink convertible Humvee called See-Through (シースルー, Shīsurū) and use angelic weapons in order to defeat Ghosts and earn Heaven Coins which will allow them back into Heaven. Panty is always looking for handsome men to have sex with, though her standards are quite low. Her panties transform into a pistol called "Backlace" (バックレース, Bakkurēsu) used to battle the ghosts of Daten City, though she can also make guns out of any other underwear. She can also combine two Backlaces to form more advanced weapons such as machine guns or sniper rifles. Of the two, she is the rude and violent one, and can be very self-centered. Unlike her sister, she hates sweet things and prefers spicy stuff. The only male she's ever been shown to have no interest in is Brief, much to his dismay."

[ Transformed Stocking ]
Stocking (ストッキング, Sutokkingu)
Voiced by: Mariya Ise
"Panty's younger sister. A violet-haired 'goth loli' girl with a gluttonous appetite for sweet desserts. Her stockings transform into a pair of swords: "Stripes I & II." Of the two, she is the intelligent and responsible one. She can be as mean as Panty, if not more so, but seems to have the capacity to be much nicer. She is almost always seen carrying around her plush cat, Honekoneko (ホネコネコ?, lit. "Bone Kitten"), whose expressions often match Stocking's mood. She isn't as interested in sex, although she has a few noticeable fetishes, and does not eat any spicy food."

Garterbelt (ガーターベルト, Gātāberuto)
Voiced by: Kōji Ishii
"The reverend of Daten City, who is a large black man with a large afro. He gives the girls their missions and is constantly bewildered by their erratic behavior. He is shown to be homosexual with a particular interest in young males."

Chuck (チャック, Chakku)
Voiced by: Takashi Nakamura
"Panty and Stocking's pet who is subjected to various pains. He is often used as a sort of mail box by Heaven, getting struck by lightning and spitting out a clue to a ghost's whereabouts. He is only capable of saying his name. He has been shown to be capable of driving their car, which he may use to help them out during a fight. He bears a striking resemblance to GIR from the series Invader Zim."

Brief (ブリーフ, Burīfu)
Voiced by: Hiroyuki Yoshino
"A self-proclaimed ghost hunter who has a crush on Panty. Normally called Geek Boy by Panty and Stocking, he is a geeky, unlucky kid who is often subject to verbal abuse by Panty and physical pain, usually landing in some trash."

Scanty (スキャンティ, Sukyanti) and Kneesocks (ニーソックス, Nīsokkusu)
Voiced by: Yuka Komatsu and Ayumi Fujimura
"Demon siblings who are the daughters of the mayor of Daten City and Panty and Stocking's archrivals. They have the same basic powers as Panty and Stocking, with Scanty being able to turn her Panties into a pair of revolvers, and Kneesocks turning her long socks into a pair of scythes. They are, in essence, the polar opposites of Panty and Stocking, possessing their own sidekick named Fastener (ファスナー, Fasunā, Voiced by: Miki Makiguchi) as a demonic version of Chuck, as well their own evil vehicle called G-String. Their personalities are also a stark contrast, as they are obsessed with rules, regulations and conformity as opposed to Panty and Stockings more erratic and unruly behavior."

The Mayor (市長, Shichō)
Voiced by: Shigeru Chiba
"The mayor of Daten City and the father of Scanty and Kneesocks. He is shrouded in mystery."

Ghosts (ゴースト, Gōsuto)
"The antagonists of the series. The Ghosts are monstrous aberrations born from the regrets or suffering of people, or in some cases objects, who had died and got lost in limbo. They can only be defeated by the angelic weapons Panty and Stocking wield, and when destroyed, they are purified and pass onto heaven, leaving behind Heaven Coins."

Anyway, that's about it for important characters. Now, the music in this show. Frikkin amazing. The anime also has some transformation sequences which are really what got me to look into this anime.

[ Opening Theme ]
[ Panty and Stocking Transformation Sequence ]
[ Scanty and Kneesocks Transformation Sequence ]

Anyway, love and discuss~

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Nov 26 2010, 11:00 PM
Post #2

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,365

I love this show so much. I've been watching it with a friend. It is just so over the top, it's hilarious. And I'm just the type of immature guy who loves the constant sex jokes.

--------------------
"There is no such thing as wrath inside me."

+Quote Post
KyuubiKitsune
post Nov 28 2010, 12:05 PM
Post #3

Citizen

Member No.: 68,360

I love this anime!
It is just that awesome it doesn't even need plot.
also has best anime music ever:
FLY AWAY NOW, FLY AWAY NOW, FLY AWAAAYYY

anyone watched episode 9 yet? The second part is so heartwarming!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Dec 18 2010, 07:26 AM
Post #4

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

Been watching it since the beginning. It has its ups and downs.

But episode 12...I so ship Brief/Panty. And freaking!handsome!Brief.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Dec 18 2010, 10:03 PM
Post #5

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

I've only seen one episode, but I have a feeling I'm really going to love this anime. biggrin.gif

It's so funny and fast-paced. And the art style reminds me a lot of Western cartoons like Dexter's Lab or Powerpuff Girls. Very cool.

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
KyuubiKitsune
post Dec 19 2010, 03:49 AM
Post #6

Citizen

QUOTE (Razzy @ Dec 19 2010, 06:03 AM) *
I've only seen one episode, but I have a feeling I'm really going to love this anime. biggrin.gif

It's so funny and fast-paced. And the art style reminds me a lot of Western cartoons like Dexter's Lab or Powerpuff Girls. Very cool.

just remember to turn your brain off, while watching the episodes. Well, except for episode 12 part 2.

what the hell just happened there? I never expected to ship something in PSG, but but..... Panty and Briefers is just too cute! And i feel sorry for Panty, she looked so helpless in the end...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Dec 21 2010, 05:13 PM
Post #7

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

Episode 3: "Pulp Addiction"... WHAT THE HECK, MAN. XD
At first I was just... blink.gif
But then I laughed. A lot. laugh.gif

I am enjoying the movie references, like "Catfight Club" and "Sex in the DatenCity".

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
KyuubiKitsune
post Dec 25 2010, 04:54 PM
Post #8

Citizen

My comment on the final episode:

GOD! MY! OH!

thank god for second season...i hope. Gainax please don't troll us again ;_;

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 11:51 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css