HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 81 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Rating 5 V
Izumi Sensai
post Mar 10 2008, 06:28 PM
Post #16

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 52,399

It's like waiting to open your presents on X-Mas day.
Looks like we have a interesting road ahead of us and I can't wait to see where it leads.
biggrin.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Mar 10 2008, 11:45 PM
Post #17

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

I love coping and pasting.

reaction #1: Who the hell is this?
reaction #2: Oh. Ed.
reaction #3: Ah. Mutation. Bean -> Macho. That's so wrong, man...

*gets shot*
I hope that's a typical reaction from a non-Ed fan.

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Petite-Parfait
post Mar 11 2008, 03:59 AM
Post #18

Citizen

Member No.: 54,239

Haha, all of us are anticipating some sort of foreshadowing, when it might be just a drawing. xD At least we know you're all good Language Arts students, or just very observant!

This is the best week-before-spring-break present.

EVER. : D

+Quote Post
nick fury
post Mar 11 2008, 04:41 AM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 44,028

I can't believe some of the conclusions people are coming to from a picture. He can't get food(I think this is the funniest and my favorite) or he is facing down so he is going to die. If that book you are reading is about american comics one thing to consider is different cultures draw totally different meanings from things like this. Personally I see it as a older Ed who has seen and been through a lot and is much more mature from it all. He is ripping off his cloak, throwing away his dependence on alchemy and ready to kick the crap out of everyone who has messed with him and his friends and loved ones. I'm not saying he is done with alchemy, just that he knows his strength comes from deep inside not from alchemy.

And I so hope Ed gets with Rose just to irritate all the people who read such a good story and are concerned with pointless drivel like Ed and Winry hooking up. There is so much more to this manga than Ed and Winry, in fact it is so unimportant the subject has hardley even been acknowledged by the manga-ka in the story.

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Mar 11 2008, 04:56 AM
Post #20

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE(CowAlchemist @ Mar 10 2008, 10:56 PM) *
And the colors are gorgeous as usual.

I would say quite more gorgeous than usual.
Everyone seems to notice first/only Ed's growth/hotness, but people look at the coloring, the arm, the skin, the hair, the cape...

I think this is one of the finest colorings Arakawa has offered us to date.

Then again, I'm speaking from memory here, didn't bother to check other illustrations happy.gifU and I'm not precisely an art expert... But, man, it was love at first sight.

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Mar 11 2008, 07:36 AM
Post #21

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

QUOTE(nick fury @ Mar 11 2008, 11:41 AM) *
And I so hope Ed gets with Rose just to irritate all the people who read such a good story and are concerned with pointless drivel like Ed and Winry hooking up. There is so much more to this manga than Ed and Winry, in fact it is so unimportant the subject has hardley even been acknowledged by the manga-ka in the story.

You want him to hook up with someone to spite the people who want him to hook up with someone? Anyway people who just want them to hook up have become dull, people try to debate if their relationship will add to the overall story rather than it being a side-story.

Anyway, when I said the image was unnerving I meant its like I'm looking and I shouldn't be as he isn't looking back! Still can also see why people took it as another form of unnerving too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Havanese
post Mar 11 2008, 07:43 AM
Post #22

Apprentice

Member No.: 53,239

QUOTE(nick fury @ Mar 11 2008, 06:41 AM) *
I can't believe some of the conclusions people are coming to from a picture. He can't get food(I think this is the funniest and my favorite) or he is facing down so he is going to die. If that book you are reading is about american comics one thing to consider is different cultures draw totally different meanings from things like this. Personally I see it as a older Ed who has seen and been through a lot and is much more mature from it all. He is ripping off his cloak, throwing away his dependence on alchemy and ready to kick the crap out of everyone who has messed with him and his friends and loved ones. I'm not saying he is done with alchemy, just that he knows his strength comes from deep inside not from alchemy.

I just thought he may not be able to get food because his ribs are more visible than usual (in my opinion)... it was just speculation. But, after your reading your post, I agree with your conclusions... I was probably over-analyzing the image. happy.gif

I see what you mean, but who Ed and Winry get together with at the end IS an important part of the story. Not the most significant part, but a part many readers are hoping Arakawa will have some conclusion to. We want to know who the characters will get together with at the end.

QUOTE(Sensenic @ Mar 11 2008, 06:56 AM) *
QUOTE(CowAlchemist @ Mar 10 2008, 10:56 PM) *
And the colors are gorgeous as usual.

I would say quite more gorgeous than usual.
Everyone seems to notice first/only Ed's growth/hotness, but people look at the coloring, the arm, the skin, the hair, the cape...

I think this is one of the finest colorings Arakawa has offered us to date.

Then again, I'm speaking from memory here, didn't bother to check other illustrations happy.gifU and I'm not precisely an art expert... But, man, it was love at first sight.

I'm not an art expert either, but I love it, too! I think it's one of my favorite color illustrations... Arakawa is a great artist!

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Mar 11 2008, 07:43 AM
Post #23

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

Especialy since no one is really concerned about this topic, since every and each main character of the manga seems to have his love interest confirmed and "canon" laugh.gif The only one who still needs someone is Scar (who said Rose tongue.gif ?).

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Mar 11 2008, 08:28 AM
Post #24

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Chapter 81 Spoiler Preview Summary!!

(From this Japanese site.)

Start translating... ^^

Chapter 81

Caption: Unexpected reunion at an unexpected place!! The father's first word is...?

Despite their reunion they do no have much to say, and Hohenheim is needed for helping with chores, so he heads back.
Hohenheim: "I'm sure I don't have his trust as a father, and I don't know what to say to him."

Al apologizes to the town's people that by Al and Ed exposing the fraud of their religious leader it ended up inviting larger trouble to the town.
The town's people respond by saying Al and Ed did the right thing.
With that, Al follows Hohenheim to help with chores also.
Yoki, and the Chimera solders follow Al also.

Rose is asked by Al to shelter Winry in some hidden safe place.
Rose takes Winry, and Rose offer Winry to wash up first.
Rose and Winry have a friendly talk about Ed.

Rose: "We are no longer relying on 'Mircle,' and instead trying to regain our footings on our own. " "If we stayed the course and kept following our false religious leader, we might have had tuned into the part of their so-called "solders who would not fear death...."
(The pic of rows of "Immortal Army" hanging upside down over-wraps Rose's words.)

Elsewhere, in the Central, the scene is the continuation from the last chapter, with Major General Armstrong and Lieutenant General carrying on the conversation by the rows of upside down Immortal Army."

We are going to attach souls to these vessels with the shape of human bodies, and create an army of solders who do not fear own death.
The needed souls will be harvested from people who are killed in the war.
The battle fields will turn to our hunting ground to obtain large number of souls.... Lieutenant General continues his talk to Major General Armstrong.

Elsewhere....
Izumi is still on her trip. The Army hasn't found her yet. The Central Army continues the search for her.

Central, underground...
Bido, the lizard chimera is there, getting lost, and being chased by the chimeras who are guarding the place.
Bido ends up among those upside down vessels of "Immortal Army."
There is Greed....

Back to Reole.
Al and Hohenheim are talking. Al tells Hohenheim that the reason he wanted to check Reole was to search for the underground tunnel there, and tells him about informations he obtained so far, about "Father (not ho-ho but Homunculus)" and the nation-wide Transmutation Circle.

After hearing Al, Hohenheim asks Al: "What if I turned out to be someone on your enemy side?"
Hohenheim sees Al's expression that's showing that that thought has never occurred to AL.
Hohenheim to Al: "Thank you, for trusting me." And Hohenheim decides to tell everything to Al.
He also wants to tell to Ed, but Al tells Hohenheim that Ed is missing.

Some town, somewhere....

One of the chimera solders who helped Ed and then turned to Ed's side is withdrawing the allocated research funds to the State Alchemist at the bank. That alerted the military, and the solders from the military head to the town's hospital where Ed is staying.

The solders are just about to raid the hospital when Ed comes back from shopping. He sees the solders, and he plays "innocent" and asks the look out solders what kind of person they are going after, and the solder answers that they are looking for a "shorty." And hearing that Ed explodes and knocks out all the solders.

Chimera guy tells Ed that he should take it easy, as he is still recovering from the injury.
For that Ed answers: "I'm already recovered and in a top shape, with full of energy!!"

Caption: Return of Fullmetal Alchemist!!!

----------------------------------------
(End of choater 81)

Ed is baaaack!! biggrin.gif

(I got to run... I'll be back later and fix typos and other errors. ^^)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Mar 11 2008, 08:32 AM
Post #25

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

QUOTE(Sannom @ Mar 11 2008, 09:43 AM) *
Especialy since no one is really concerned about this topic, since every and each main character of the manga seems to have his love interest confirmed and "canon" laugh.gif The only one who still needs someone is Scar (who said Rose tongue.gif ?).

Scar and Rose would be good, but what about Miles? No love for Miles? ohmy.gif
Here's someone:

laugh.gif laugh.gif
tongue.gif

I know wrong genre!

Edit: Thanks Tombow for the preview summary!

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Havanese
post Mar 11 2008, 10:34 AM
Post #26

Apprentice

Member No.: 53,239

Thanks a lot for the translation, Tombow! I really appreciate your hard work!

I feel sheepish now... I couldn't have been more off about this chapter! laugh.gif I'm so glad that Ed is alright, but I can't help but feel a little... disappointed. I was hoping for his return to be a little more dramatic and, from my impressions of the summary, it was a little lackluster. Does anyone else feel this way?

This chapter looks very good, though. I've been wanting to see Al meet Hohenheim for a long time, and the "immortal army" thing is brilliant. Can't wait for the RAW! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Mar 11 2008, 11:15 AM
Post #27

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE(Havanese @ Mar 11 2008, 12:34 PM) *
I'm so glad that Ed is alright, but I can't help but feel a little... disappointed. I was hoping for his return to be a little more dramatic and, from my impressions of the summary, it was a little lackluster. Does anyone else feel this way?

I thought that too. However, being that this is a summary without the pictures, it could be more dramatic in the actual chapter. I'm hoping for that. happy.gif

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
APalchemist5
post Mar 11 2008, 11:20 AM
Post #28

Citizen

Member No.: 55,878

It is ok, I dont think your assumption was that rediculous, it made sense.

I am also really happy ed is doing ok, and if the soldiers cant tell that the "shorty" they were looking for was Ed (who was right in front of them)does that mean that he has definetly gotten taller?

I cannot wait for the chapter now! I hope that it is long and not rushed!

--------------------
Life's short, so love the ones you got
cuase you might get run over, or you might just get...shot.
Never had not static I just get it off my... chest.
Neve had to battle with my bullet proof...vest.
Take a small example take a tidbit from meeee, take all your money give it all to charity.
Love is what I got It's within my reach
And this is sublime's sound straight from long beach
Punk back to you,You finally get what you deserve.
You try to test out,You'll probably get served.
Love's what i got, dont start a riot
you'll feel it when the dance gets hot.

Love isss... its what I got
(just remember that)

I dont cry when my dog runs away, I dont get angry at the bills I have to pay
I dont get angry when my smokes pot, hits the bottle and goes back to the rocks
f!#$ and fighting it's all the same, playing with louie's dog's the only way to stay sane

(is the signature the appropriate place for misquoted sublime lyrics? do i care?)
Avatar by Derlaine from Deviant art.

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Mar 11 2008, 11:46 AM
Post #29

State Alchemist (Major)

"One of the chimera solders who helped Ed and then turned to Ed's side is withdrawing the allocated research funds to the State Alchemist at the bank."

laugh.gif Ed hasn't learned that you shouldn't give other people your account information! Oh NO!! Identity theft in Fullmetal Alchimist! tongue.gif

dry.gif sleep.gif Oh yeah the Trigham brothers did it in the anime. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alchemical
post Mar 11 2008, 01:19 PM
Post #30

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 44,852

Thanks for the summary, Tombow!

But I agree with Havanese; Ed's return didn't seem as dramatic as I'd hoped it'd be. Then again, it's only a preview summary. Perhaps the actual chapter will give us more. Not to mention, Ed hasn't reappeared to his friends yet, either, especially since it finally seems like they're worried.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 09:17 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css