Reply to this topicStart new topic
Olivia X Roy, What Do You Think?
Hotmustard
post Aug 30 2009, 08:31 AM
Post #1

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 70,636

Don't get me wrong. I'm a total RoyXAi fan, but it seems that Olivia has a secret crush on Roy or rather they share a love-hate relationship. In chapter 93 she said that: "If I die, the whole estate goes to Mustang" sleep.gif An we all know that Olivia is not as glacial and ruthless as she looks: she just doesn't show her caring overtly, which portrays a very strong and independent woman.
So what's your opinion? happy.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Aug 30 2009, 09:01 AM
Post #2

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

lol well i support royai but royxolivia is funny for lulz, its definatly a love hate relationship, still though i think olivia is a tad bit old for mustang despite appearances shes potentially in her late 40s, allthough i guess about 43, still though considering Roy's 30 XD i think their relationship is funny though

--------------------

+Quote Post
onigiri_girl
post Aug 30 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #3

Citizen

Member No.: 70,851

Hmmm indeed, I think Olivia and Roy relationship can't be realized coz Roy already have a girl (though its implied in the manga) which is Riza. :-) Though Roy seems flirty to Olivia, but nah I don't think he holds a crush to him. Though Olivia perhaps. Same as Forsaken Love said before, Olivia is too old for Mustang ^^

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 30 2009, 09:26 AM
Post #4

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Hotmustard @ Aug 30 2009, 11:31 AM) *
.... In chapter 93 she said that: "If I die, the whole estate goes to Mustang" sleep.gif

Personally, that one had a lot more to do with their (secret..back then) plan to use the Armstrong estate as the hiding place for Northern Army, tank and all, for their (then upcoming) rebellion battle, and giving it to Mustang when/if Olivier dies and not handing over to Alex was to keep Alex free of any trouble and avoiding any harm/blame going to Alex. That was my thought when she said that ... I predicted they were going to use the estate to hold the soldiers, as soon as Olivier took the control of that large house & the compound in that chapter.. and that's still my opinion about Olivier's that statement. Besides that, realistically speaking, I don't think there is much of a chance at all of this couple becoming a cannon. But, I think, if they get together, they make an very interesting couple. smile.gif
And... I think we do have quite a few "Olivier x Roy" fans on our board, (the ones I know happen to be all among Royai fans XD) So... if you'd like to turn this thread into a legit "Olivier x Roy" fan club thread, that would be fine, too. Let's see if we get some other Olivier x Roy fans shows up. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hotmustard
post Aug 30 2009, 09:59 AM
Post #5

Citizen

Member No.: 70,636

I don't think there is much of a chance at all of this couple becoming a cannon.

Me neither happy.gif
So... if you'd like to turn this thread into a legit "Olivier x Roy" fan club thread, that would be fine, too. Let's see if we get some other Olivier x Roy fans shows up.

I have no intention of turning this topic into Olivia X Roy FC, cuz I just thought of them for fun.
And why does love matter here? Come on, Olivia doesn't look that old. When there is a scene featuring the duo I know I will get some fun rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 30 2009, 10:06 AM
Post #6

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

^ Gahaha, all right then. biggrin.gif Yeah, making a couple or not, I love reading scenes when they are both in presence. Their banters, especially Olivier's snarky comebacks are really fun to read. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Aug 30 2009, 12:10 PM
Post #7

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

QUOTE (Tombow @ Aug 30 2009, 06:26 PM) *
QUOTE (Hotmustard @ Aug 30 2009, 11:31 AM) *
.... In chapter 93 she said that: "If I die, the whole estate goes to Mustang" sleep.gif

Personally, that one had a lot more to do with their (secret..back then) plan to use the Armstrong estate as the hiding place for Northern Army, tank and all, for their (then upcoming) rebellion battle, and giving it to Mustang when/if Olivier dies and not handing over to Alex was to keep Alex free of any trouble and avoiding any harm/blame going to Alex.

Oh and I were thinking, it's because she did not want to give her house to her useless brother... or something like that, that Mustang came in in the right time and it was kinda more strategic.
But you know what?
I think that Roy X Olivia is okay! I tolerate alot of other pairings, but only if they fit ( at least a little) >D

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Aug 30 2009, 02:37 PM
Post #8

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

If it's up to picking on each other, bantering and teasing yes... other stuff... no biggrin.gif

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Nzm
post Aug 31 2009, 04:26 AM
Post #9

Citizen

Member No.: 70,107

It seems that their relationship is similar to Ed's and Roys' - rivalization and kind of friendship, but not love.

But this shipping is by definition better than EdXRoy because it's not yaoi.

+Quote Post
alchemistpower
post Sep 29 2009, 12:24 AM
Post #10

Citizen

Member No.: 47,494

well.... Roy is 29 and Olivia is probably 30 something... But i'll go for Royai >.< Roy is 29 and Riza is probably 26 or 25.... I read it somewhere but now i forgot... It used to be on wikipedia but now they changed everything.... so yeah.... biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Just because i want to be loved doesn't mean i want to love"

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Sep 29 2009, 01:49 AM
Post #11

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

Olivia shoud go with Scar. Boy is the only one cold, stern and badass enough to go with her tongue.gif Plus I'm sure she prefers his style of "rugged handsomeness" to the "pretty face and nice smile" of Roy laugh.gif

+Quote Post
PrincessElir
post Sep 30 2009, 08:38 PM
Post #12

Citizen

Member No.: 63,382

Um no...I honestly think she really doesn't like him. which is why she says in chapter 74 that if they went on a date she might very well bankrupt him. I haven't gotten to chapter 93 yet.

--------------------

Tomato+Potato=Pomato?

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Oct 1 2009, 04:26 PM
Post #13

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

I personally find the pairing both hot and hysterical at the same time.

Obviously hot, as that they're two very attractive people and hysterical as in the way that they constantly bicker with one another. If anything, you can easily equate this 'attraction' to a little boy having a crush on one of his older sister's friends.

I'm sure though if the relationship was less than platonic and more on 'lustful' side, then I'm sure that they would be in a constant power play with one another.

+Quote Post
FullmetalMagicia...
post Oct 2 2009, 07:49 PM
Post #14

Alchemists

Member No.: 30,955

LOVE TRIANGLE PLEASE.

If it's Roy and Olivia... well that's kind of a dangerous duo, don't you think?
If it's Roy and Hawkeye... dddaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww is the only thing I can say. :'D

--------------------
~~~Edward Fan 101~~~
~~~As an Ed fangirl, I must love him with all my heart!-My Pledge!!~~~

My deviantArt Page |Link|
AKA DarkAMagician (Gaiaonline), kanazuchi92 (deviantart) and erectroryte (LiveJournal).

-turned into an alchemist: Open Chat, 5: 35 pm Sydney time, March 14 2006, Tuesday

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Oct 2 2009, 07:55 PM
Post #15

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

I think it's funny...it would be such a power struggle...and probably very fiery as a result lol

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 11:27 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css