HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 15: Envoy From The East - Content Discussion Thread, Caution! Spoilers for the first 15 episodes!
Makika
post Jul 13 2009, 11:19 PM
Post #31

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,737

Hayate *--*

Own, the brazilian version episode is online,
so much things happening on this ep! *-*

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Serb Alchemist
post Jul 14 2009, 05:52 AM
Post #32

Citizen

Member No.: 69,818

OT:
You can PM me and ask me for these addresses:

<PM me and ask me for the address for this Torrent download of 1280x720 of episode 15>

<PM me and ask me for the address for this torrent download of Episode 15 avi file>

Or, I can send these to one person (to be named here later) and then everyone can PM that person for the address.

<Post merged. ^^ ~ Board Staff>

--------------------
Kosovo is Serbia, Our Holly Land!!!!

Oh Serbia our mother, do not grieve.
Call us, just call us
All the falcons will
Give their life for you!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 14 2009, 06:52 AM
Post #33

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Program Note>

@Serb Alchemist - Welcome to the board!! biggrin.gif
Just to be safe, I edited out the link addresses. ...Sorry. Hope you don't mind.
Though, sharing that info privately would be fine, IMO. ^^

---------

QUOTE (Jen_Elric @ Jul 12 2009, 01:21 PM) *
After seeing the screenshots, I'm a little surprised that the OP shows Gluttony in his true form. People might think it's just another homunculus, instead of him, but still. It's a spoiler. lol

@Jen_Elric - I moved your post to FMA: Brotherhood OP discussion thread. Please continue the discussions for FMA: Brotherhood OP there. smile.gif

----------

@Krokgard - I noticed that you keep adding quotes to your post WITHOUT giving any info where these quote are from. Hence to us readers, these quotes on your post appear out of nowhere and we have no idea where these quotes are from.. You know where you're taking these quotes from, but unless you TELL US on your post, we can't read your mind. ^^ So... please be kind, and if you include QUOTE on your post, please try to include the source info (where you took the quote from) on your post also. smile.gif
The following are some of the ways you can achieve this:

1. You can manually write a note such as:
"The following quote is from xxx's post on page xx."

--------

2. Or, you can manually add quote source info inside the quote header, like how Sannom does with quotes in his posts, like this:
QUOTE ("Kirara")
Btw does anyone remember if Xiao Mei is a boy or a girl?

To do that, you can manually add the name of the poster into the quote code, this way:
Original:
CODE
[quote]....[/quote]

Then, into the opening "quote" code, add the poster's name, like this: ="name"
CODE
[quote="Kirara"].....[/quote]

--------

3. Or, take easier way, and when making quote, GO TO the POST where you want to take the quote from, and at Bottom Right corner of that post you see " REPLY button.

Click on it, and then that post will be AUTOMATICALLY added to your reply post composing window with ALL THE SOURCE INFO, including a handy red snap back arrow <- which we can click and then instantly taken to the source post.

Next, please TRIM OFF any unnecessary part of that quote that is NOT directly related to your comments, and then compose the rest of your post as usual,

Then when you're done composing, click on Add Reply button at the bottom.

=============

~ Thank you, and now please resume regular chapter 15 content discussions. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serb Alchemist
post Jul 14 2009, 08:14 AM
Post #34

Citizen

QUOTE (Tombow @ Jul 14 2009, 02:52 PM) *
<Program Note>

@Serb Alchemist - Welcome to the board!! biggrin.gif
Just to be safe, I edited out the link addresses. ...Sorry. Hope you don't mind.
Though, sharing that info privately would be fine, IMO. ^^

Thanks!!! biggrin.gif
It's OK!! wink.gif No need to be sorry about anything!!!
If anyone want's download link, he can send me PM, and I will send download link to him wink.gif

And here is another one, still no [eclipse], but TMD-ASU are more then good...

<PM me and ask me for the address for this Torrent download of [TMD-ASU] Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - 15 [H264-720p][7C4CFF8D] mkv>

cool.gif cool.gif

--------------------

Call us, just call us
All the falcons will
Give their life for you!

+Quote Post
Krokgard
post Jul 14 2009, 08:33 AM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 68,794

Yay! I watched the subbed version on streaming. The subs sucked a little bit, but it's still ok.

First, the new opening is cool, nothing to say about it. The new ending is very simple but still nice.

I don't like very much how they managed the "Roy and co find Barry" stuff. It was hilarious in the manga to see Barry in love. Maybe they should have gave more time to that.
The fight Scar VS Silver Alchemist was amazing; the Mai Chang part, too, but the manga version (with Mai that comes to the mine and save the children's father) was very cool, I hoped they would make it. Oh oh, maybe that part will be an omake on a DVD! It's just an hypothesis but it would be cool.

The part in Rush Valley was well-made; the fight, most of all, is really great.

In the end, a very good episode I say.

Now I'm waiting for the next one... I think we'll have Ed, Al and Winry discovering of Hughes' death, and maybe the Maria Ross' arrest

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Jul 14 2009, 08:48 AM
Post #36

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

Okay just watched a badly subbed version of this (PM me if you want to know the address) and while the translations were pretty poor, it at least allowed me to get through the episode and actually understand what was going on.

First off, not actually that surprised that they cut May Chang in Youswell. Indeed I was curious how on earth they were gonna explain Youswell seeings as they reduced that entire story to a single line mentioned by Yoki. Not at all bothered to see Youswell go either, it's not important and the way they introduced May Chang this time around worked just as well. Bit dissapointed they took out Yoki bowing and pleading forgiveness from Xaoi Mei but ah well.

The only downside I can see to remvoing the Youswell bit of the story is that we don't get to see that Renjenjustu is long ranged as well as short ranged. I will also give BONES credit for working things around to give an excuse for her to use it (Scar indeed got cut on the leg when he fought the Silver Alchemist in the manga)

The Hawkeye and Barry bit, despite having the Mustang threatening to burn Barry removed, was still highly entertaining. I also felt that Hayate's introduction here worked pretty well. As much as I do enjoy his introduction omake, I dont think we need to see it animated again. Bit sad they cut out the bit where Falman gets 'volunteered' to look after Barry, but I suspect that some of that's coming up next week.

Happy to see Lin and his bodyguard, and I actually really, really like Lin's voice. It's about as close to how I imagined him speaking as you could get. He also made me laugh quite a bit during the episode, an impressive feat considering I knew half of his jokes were coming. Fuu and Lanfan were cool as well, as was the animation during the fighting sequences. Again, not surprised that they incorperated some of the dialogue that originally took place on the train into this episode, it made sense and was unobtrusive.

What does surprise me slightly is how Lin throws all his cards on the table here by telling Ed and Al pretty much everything about him. I guess they've done that to save time later on and explain his motivations better. Just a shame that in doing so they've removed Lin flirting with Winry.

Overall, a good episode, I enjoyed it. Next weeks looks very... interesting. The preview shots were very unhelpful but I'm guessing their trying to keep what's coming a surprise.

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
Trakonda
post Jul 14 2009, 09:22 AM
Post #37

Apprentice

Member No.: 52,583

First up, I have to say.. AWESOME opening. And ending. biggrin.gif it was such a neat surprise when I got back home yesterday and looked for the new episode.

This episode was great! I love how they keep some of the manga panels here. The scene when Ed and Al went to see Winry was hilarious.

So is the part scene Ed discovers that Al can transmute without a circle, too. I seriously laughed out loud on that part. 8'D

The fighting scenes were neat, Ling and his bodyguards + May turned out great as animated. I'm happy that we're finally getting to the manga-only plot, and can't wait to see more! The next episode surely is going to be interesting. (;_;)

+Quote Post
Krokgard
post Jul 14 2009, 10:22 AM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 68,794

QUOTE (Trakonda @ Jul 14 2009, 12:22 PM) *
The scene when Ed and Al went to see Winry was hilarious.

lol, agree

OT: on Voice cssting of Ling
Yeah I forgot to say that before! Ling's voice is perfect for him

<Krokgard, please read my post above. Thank you!! ~ Tombow>
(Feel free to delete this little note anytime after you read. ^^)

@Tombow: Oh, ok, no problem!

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Jul 14 2009, 11:57 AM
Post #39

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

Ahhhh!!! I LOVE Ling's voice! They picked a perfect VA for him and I LOVE RanFan! I loved seeing her animated. She's such a cutie. The whole episode was really well done except there are some scenes I'm disappointed that they kept out like the Royai scene where Roy gets all protective of Riza and the whole Barry the Chopper being in love with Riza. I'm also bummed they kept out the scene where Ling flirts with Winry, but who knows. Maybe they'll have it at the beginning of next week's episode. Anyway, this was great. biggrin.gif I also enjoyed the new OP/ED, but most of all I'm so excited about the Xing characters showing up now and it's getting into JUST the manga side of the story. Yay!

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
thunderbreak
post Jul 14 2009, 05:38 PM
Post #40

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,553

this episode begins with silver alchemist.I wish they atleast put a caption as to mention who is he.the fight is still very fine.music is good
forMei Chan-her voice is too ..childish..she sounds a lot like yachiru from bleach (or almost the same)i expect her to be a bit more mature...despite of this i think she gave a good performance.
i am dissapointed that they did not show the scenes on how yoki mets mei chan(ie move youswell scene to yoki)
For Prince Edward Elric gag -i think some parts of drawing are a bit off...still it's good that they include in handsome prince edward XD
For the Xing people,i think ling yao seiyuu,miyano's performance is AMAZING.For Ran Fun,despite only a few lines,she did an excellent job.Fu 's seiyuu is good too.
music:i think ran fun vs edward music is a bit off here.i would prefer it if they put in chinese music,or some other music than this part.i think this music is heard at the almost end scene in ep10.it fits well there,but not here.
overall it's quite a light episode depite the beginning.for preview parts,i understand why they did not include exciting scenes,but it's good if they can let in one or too that might serve as a cliffhanger thingy.

--------------------
Currently on :Silverspoon,re-reading FMA project(will post to blog soon)
Planning list:Pumpkin scissors,Stein Gate,Fairy Tail

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Jul 14 2009, 07:53 PM
Post #41

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

After a longer than usual wait for subs, I'm very happy to have at last seen this episode subbed! Even though the subs were badly done. Most of the time, it was a bit hard to understand. But I still liked it!

The Silver Alchemist vs. Scar fight was short and sweet. The old guy had the same fighting style as in the manga.
Mei just showing up was a tad strange, but I was ok with it. I'm not much of a fan of the youswell arc anyways. Her voice fit her well! Not too squeeky. It wasn't annoying, in fact it was cute! Loved how Xiao Mei bit Yoki. lol
Ahh, the Ed fantasy. Mei has such a wild imagination. lmao
Yay, more Barry! I loved how they kept in that he falls for Riza! But I was disappointed that there was no Jealous Roy scene.
Ling!!! Finally! Loved his voice, it was perfect! and the fight with Fuu and Ranfan was awesome! I actually had to rewind to see Al perform Alchemy by clapping his hands. I had thought it was Ed, but realized it was Al!
The OP and ED was nice, especially the OP with the foreshadowing.
Great episode, and I can't wait to see it again from Funi (especially since the subs will be better)!

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
Vagrant
post Jul 15 2009, 01:15 AM
Post #42

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,830

Awful subtitles (fansub.) Man alive.

Anyway, the episode once again did nothing for me. :\
And I'm not sure about how certain scenes were handled, nor the ordering. Plus, I really liked Ling in the manga and wanted to punch him the entire time here.

I dunno. I'd have more thoughts when I reread the manga versions.

(didn't care for the new opening/ending at all either. Not much positivity.)

EDIT:
Read the manga version. How is that every single scene flows better, has more, better and funnier dialogue?
Got a lot more detail and characterisation across in the military with Barry bit and made Ling a little bit more likable. (but not as much as I expected)

I mean it seems like they got the fight scenes almost right, but they still managed to make bits of them a bit weird. (like how Ed flips Ran Fan and how she recovers. Or Ed's flashback on how he did capture her)

And the Mei Chan changes are just...Weird.

OT: By the way, this "rentanjutsu"? What's the official translation there in FMA manga? Just Xingese alchemy or...?
<Off-topic content. Please discuss this on Xing Alchemy thread. Thank you. ~ T.>

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 15 2009, 01:50 PM
Post #43

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Split topic content from kitsunepixie's post.
QUOTE (kitsunepixie @ Jul 15 2009, 04:14 PM) *
I regretted the absence of Winry chasing Ed on the beach with a chainsaw, but hopefully they’ll use it later in another episode. In fact, I’m holding on to the hope that they’re saving a lot of the gags and character development scenes that we fans love for later, though I share the anxiety about the new show moving so quickly. Perhaps if I wasn’t such a huge fan of the manga, I wouldn’t be such a stickler.

<Program Note>
@kitsunepixie - Welcome to our board! The rest of your post was moved to Xing Alchemy discussion thread, Please continue discussions on Xingese Alchemy there. smile.gif

OT:
QUOTE (Vagrant @ Jul 15 2009, 04:15 AM) *
OT: By the way, this "rentanjutsu"? What's the official translation there? Just Xingese alchemy or...?

@Vagrant - So far, the reference to Rentanjitsu came up briefly only once on episode 2 as "Alkahest" and we had a brief discussion at that time, but, let's wait till the official English sub for this chapter to be out on Funimation.com on Thursday, which is tomorrow, and then we will probably all know how it would be called in English for FMA:B anime officially. smile.gif

BTW, reminder:
Anyone who would like to go into deeper discussions on Xingese Alchemy, please go to Xing Alchemy discussion thread. smile.gif

==============

~ Now please resume discussions on the contents of episode 15. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serb Alchemist
post Jul 15 2009, 03:31 PM
Post #44

Citizen

Great episode... Best so far... At last, some action... I waited for TMD-ASU subtitles, and I wasn't wrong... Great job... wink.gif
I loved the fight with Fuu and Ran-Fan...
At last... Al performed alchemy by just clapping his hands... wink.gif Can't wait for ep. 16 wink.gif

--------------------

Call us, just call us
All the falcons will
Give their life for you!

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jul 15 2009, 04:33 PM
Post #45

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

Oh look the Eclipse subs are out. But at this point I think I am just gong to wait for the Funi ones tomorrow. happy.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 08:57 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css