HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
FailToImpress
post Jun 6 2010, 03:24 AM
Post #21376

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 62,174

I just remembered about something... Remember the chibi party ova from the last series? I don't know how long it's been out, but there's now an English dub of it. smile.gif Travis does a pretty awesome job there, along with the rest of them.

@_Jelly: I really want to try and not read spoilers, with it being the last chapter I just want to sit down and read it all in one go. We'll see how that works out sleep.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 6 2010, 03:32 AM
Post #21377

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

^Oooh yes. biggrin.gif I bought the OVA DVD when it came out. He did sound good in that one; I just loved the way he said "Only room for one!" *shot*

--------------------

+Quote Post
BirdieNumNum
post Jun 6 2010, 05:07 AM
Post #21378

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,394

QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Jun 6 2010, 08:02 PM) *
^Oooh yes. biggrin.gif I bought the OVA DVD when it came out. He did sound good in that one; I just loved the way he said "Only room for one!" *shot*

I love Travis's "Only room for one!" line too. laugh.gif

I'm going to try to go into 108 unspoiled if I can. Normally I read any spoilers I can get hold of, but this time I think I want to read and enjoy it all in one go, seeing as it's the last ever chapter. sad.gif I may have to stay away from this forum for a while to avoid temptation. tongue.gif Time will tell how successful I am at this.

+Quote Post
_Jelly
post Jun 6 2010, 05:16 AM
Post #21379

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,991

Oh man, I cant say I've ever watched the FMA dub... No wait, I havbe, but I really can't remember what Roy's actor sounds like, it was AGES ago. If it ever comes to CN here, I'll probably watch it. (I avoided it last time, didnt like Ed's voice actor much and I was one of those people who just hated dubs no matter what. But that was back then. I'm not such a b*tch now, I swear.)

Hmmmmmmmmm it might be a good idea to stay away from spoilers... though everytime I try that, I cave. I. CAVE. Even now, i keep checking the forums to see if spoilers are out. WEAK. It's alright though, I'll just watch you guys speculate while I dive into those spoiler pages. Just hope the first page to come out isnt like, the LAST page...

--------------------

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Jun 6 2010, 06:48 AM
Post #21380

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (_Jelly @ Jun 6 2010, 01:16 PM) *
Just hope the first page to come out isnt like, the LAST page...

Oh god... you know it will be. laugh.gif
I'm so excited, and I know I'll cry a lot. I cry at everything (not to trivialise me crying at the end of fma, that' s a whole other level lol), heck I even cried at the end of azumanga daioh. I'm a sucker for endings, be it happy or sad.

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jun 6 2010, 08:01 AM
Post #21381

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

_Jelly--I watch the dub on adultswim.com... usually the Wednesday or Thursday after the episode airs. Oh, and I will SO be there with you on the spoilers. Well, as long as they're posted after finals. I won't be checking in here much over the next couple days 'cause I need to study, and this site (and this thread in particular) ALWAYS gets me off-task. But that's why I love it. smile.gif

Oh, the chibi party ova. Loved it, both in English and in Japanese. Riza's scary giggle was great in Japanese, and Roy's "Only room for one!" was well done in both versions.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Jun 6 2010, 09:41 AM
Post #21382

State Alchemist (Major)

To quote Tombow from the new Chapter 108 thread (not yet opened):

* Please DO NOT post ANY part of chapter 108 content on any other threads in any part of the forums, except on this Spoiler Party discussion thread (and the ones clearly marked for chapter 108 related discussion threads, if any.) This includes any and all pics from chapter 108. This applies to ALL threads on our board, including many of the character discussion threads such as Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, Edward & Winry! Aka Ed X Win thread, and so on. Please post any discussion on any content of chapter 108 on this thread only. Yes, this is different from our usual practice, but we ask everyone's corporation. If you happen to forget and make post(s) indicating the chapter 108 content on other threads, please do not mind that the board staff may go ahead and edit your post so that no chapter 108 content would be discussed on your post.

So, I guess we will be free to keep this thread exclusively for Royai week, without the temptation of spoilers.
I must say I'm quite relieved, it will make avoiding them so much easier. phew!

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jun 6 2010, 10:09 AM
Post #21383

^Thank you!

Causmicfire--Looks like the Royai Day rules post needs to be edited a little bit. smile.gif

At least there will be a designated place to freak out over... er... discuss what's in 108. (Not that there isn't always, but since the rules are being tightened down on this one...) Okay, I think I can hold to it.

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Jun 6 2010, 10:30 AM
Post #21384

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

Do not post 108 related content to any threads except the designated ones: Chapter 108, The Final Chapter, Information Thread and Chapter 108, Final Chapter, Discussion Thread. The discussion thread will be closed until credible spoilers are posted.

This also means no using spoilerific images in your forum avatar/signature.

If you happen to forget and make post(s) indicating the chapter 108 content on other threads, please do not mind that the board staff may go ahead and edit your post so that no chapter 108 content would be discussed on your post.

--------------------

+Quote Post
angelofsarcasm89
post Jun 6 2010, 11:07 AM
Post #21385

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,605

_Jelly--Here's a clip of Roy from anime1. I think Travis does really good in both series.

Also, he's cuuuuuuuuute. wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 6 2010, 11:27 AM
Post #21386

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Just dropping BY to say...

Thank you, Causmicfire for organizing this year's Royai Day Festival!! *hugs!!* happy.gif

Also, thank you, FailToImpress for reminding everyone about the Spoiler-avoidance thing for the last chapter. Very very helpful. ^^

So yeah, here is the updated reminder.... ^^

<Special Reminder/Plea for the Final chapter content>

Since it is made known that many people would like to opt for avoiding any spoilers till they are ready to read the fan-made scanlation of the final chapter, we would like to remind/ask everyone that....

* Please DO NOT post ANY part of chapter 108 content on any other threads in any part of the forums, except on Chapter 108 content discussion thread (and the ones clearly marked for chapter 108 related threads, if any.) This includes any and all pics from chapter 108. This applies to ALL threads on our board, including many of the character discussion threads such as Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, Edward & Winry! Aka Ed X Win thread, and so on. Please post any discussion on any content of chapter 108 on the chapter 108 designated threads only. Yes, this is different from our usual practice, but we ask everyone's cooperation. If you happen to forget and make post(s) indicating the chapter 108 content on other than designated threads, please do not mind that the board staff may go ahead and edit your post so that no chapter 108 content would be discussed on your post.

* Please DO NOT make signature or avatar that would indicate/show the content of chapter 108, either by images or by text.
If you happen to forget and make such, please do not mind that the board staff may go ahead and edit such avatar or signature.

Hope you guys don't mind. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Jun 6 2010, 11:39 AM
Post #21387

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

@angelofsarcasm89- Yes, Travis is cute. Maybe Roy can take some facial-hair tips from him, because he's having trouble on his own.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Jun 6 2010, 02:22 PM
Post #21388

State Alchemist (Major)

angelofsarcasm89: Yep, Travis is a handsome, handsome man. girl_sigh.gif

Causmicfire: Is it bad that Roy looks most, er, natural with the cat whiskers? laugh.gif He looks funny with a beard!

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jun 6 2010, 03:34 PM
Post #21389

Travis is... good looking, I'll admit, and there's nothing wrong with him at all, but for some reason, I don't think I find him as attractive as some of you seem to. Interesting.

Haven't we had some sort of discussion about Roy with facial hair? Maybe I'm just used to him as he's usually depicted, but I think it'd be kinda weird, and usually I think a li'l fuzz looks fine on most guys... huh.gif

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
brotchen
post Jun 6 2010, 06:50 PM
Post #21390

Citizen

Member No.: 72,850

huh, I can't imagine Roy when any facial hair. I tried just now and all that came to me was Roy with an Armstrong mustache taped on...

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 01:48 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css