HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4228 Pages V  « < 4157 4158 4159 4160 4161 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Penny for your thoughts? (don't expect "real" money here... XD), Please share what's happening on your life/your current thoughts
Rating 5 V
Disasterpiece
post Oct 18 2010, 09:20 PM
Post #62371

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,581

CT:

I'm already stressing tremendously in college. Of all my classes I have, I have a C in Statistics (my teacher is not the best and she rushes through everything) based on like....2 tests that I took. First one I got was a 94, the second one....well it covered material we did not learn, and I figure I got shafted badly by it to get the C...

I believe she said there were 3 more tests and a bunch of quizzes....but its already the midterm....

Can someone provide encouraging words of wisdom or comfort so that I can be confident in raising the grade? Or a success story with a similar situation that im in?

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Oct 18 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #62372

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Disasterpiece--My reply to you got too long, so I sent you a PM. The short version: Take care of yourself. You'll make it through. I believe in you! thumbsup_anim.gif

CTs:

--I got my flu shot today. Finally.

--That physics test... yeah... I didn't do so well, apparently. All I can hope for is that 1) the grader made a mistake or 2) everyone else did just as mediocre...ly as I did. At least the lowest test gets dropped!

--I hate fire drills. Does it not stand to reason that, if you're in college, you've probably figured out what a fire alarm sounds like and that you should exit the building and get to the evacuation point when you hear it? Honestly, just tell us the evacuation point, and I bet 90% of the people will know what to do and where to go, and they'll lead the other 10%

--Time for sleep. *faceplants on desk*

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
ScarMySoul
post Oct 19 2010, 05:12 AM
Post #62373

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 36,754

CT:

-I had the best day ever yesterday....
a) My dad called me and told me that my mom is completely cured of Valley Fever... The doctors said that it couldn't be done at all. So now she's able to get a kidney if she decides she wants to do that!! biggrin.gif
b) I recently submitted a photo that I took in Attica, Michigan to a WGN meteorologist named Tom Skilling and this is the pic: Attica Road and he put it on air during his weather report!!! YAY!!!
c) After my photo was put on television, I got a few facebook messages from people who want to BUY a copy of my photo!!! Wooooo!!!! I'm so excited! lol

- We went to Michigan this past weekend to celebrate Grandma Harsen's 89th birthday! Had a great time! biggrin.gif

-Hope everyone had a great weekend! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
CutEowyn
post Oct 19 2010, 10:43 AM
Post #62374

Citizen

Member No.: 34,777

It seems that many of us have physics/maths/whatever issues :/

CTs :

-- This some bothersome and worrying health concern of mine is slowly going away biggrin.gif

-- Garbagemen rules town. Matt Groening is a prophet.
My country is going through general strike with cancelled trains, shortage gasoline, highschool closing and some riots in some towns... and I live in the one and only damn city where garbagemen are on strike too. who-let-rip.png For about one week. Just happy weather is getting more and more cold.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kimonodragon88
post Oct 19 2010, 11:27 AM
Post #62375

Citizen

Member No.: 65,767

CT's

-One of my good friends has a leaky valve in her heart. Her surgery will be sometime in November, and she's really nervous about it. Originally the surgery was supposed to be in July, but her doctors wanted to do some more tests. I've been praying for her and she has other friends doing the same. The fact that she's going through this at age 24 is uncanny. You normally don't hear something like this about people unless they're either 45 or older.

-I need to have 4-5 minutes worth of Scripture memorized by Thursday for a class, and it's not really working out. I hate getting up in front of people as it is. Knuckling down and really focusing on what I'm saying helps a lot, but that's a lot of words to have in your head in two days! I hope I can make it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Oct 19 2010, 12:20 PM
Post #62376

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Member No.: 39,817

kimonodragon88- I hope the surgery goes well for your friend, and that she feel better soon!

CTs:

- So I've always been able to not care about what other people think about me (actually, just high school kids, whose opinions are the least significant in the world, next to junior high kids). So, can anyone explain to me why my own mother is preaching to me about my "reputation", as if anything the kids say about me in school will, in any way, affect my life? As if a college will deny me on the grounds that the kids in high school think I'm "weird"? My mom needs to stop pestering me. I have high self-esteem, and I find it ironic that is it my mother- and not the high school kids, who you'd think it'd normally be- is trying to crush my self-confidence? D: She's insane (and that's an understatement).

- I'm so angry right now. I need to draw something happy. T^T

- I still need to watch those new Metalocalypse episodes... But this season has been sucking lately, so... meh.

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Oct 19 2010, 05:42 PM
Post #62377

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

QUOTE (Disasterpiece @ Oct 17 2010, 09:57 AM) *
QUOTE (Rainshine @ Oct 16 2010, 08:34 PM) *
CTs:

I get to go see the Rocky Horror Picture Show tonight. biggrin.gif So. Excited.
And I get to talk to my friend in Poland! biggrin.gif If she's awake, that is. D: Stupid time zone differences.

If you haven't seen it before, you would be considered by them as a "virgin" laugh.gif

I've always wanted to go see it again!

Yeah, so I guess I lost my "virginity." ohmy.gif
But it was funny, all the virgins had a big V written on their face with lipstick, and were made to dance on stage in front of everyone.

It was fun. :'3

QUOTE (phoenix dying @ Oct 17 2010, 06:13 PM) *
QUOTE (Rainshine @ Oct 16 2010, 09:34 PM) *
I get to go see the Rocky Horror Picture Show tonight. biggrin.gif So. Excited.

Are you/did you dressing up at all? Last show I went to I dressed up as Eddie and my girlfriend at the time went as Columbia

They had people in really good costume act out the parts on stage while the movie was playing.

Did you have your toast? or water gun/newspaper?

happy.gif

Good times doing the time warp

Eh, I wore a skirt and some tights and boots, so not really dressing up that much. It was my first time going, so i didn't really know what to expect.
But I am planning on going again sometime, and this time I'll dress a little more... flamboyantly? XD
Fishnets ftw.

Yeah, we brought rice, and my friend bought a pack of some of the props. We also brought an umbrella for the raining scene. Yeah. XD
We were also sitting in the middle of the audience, and at the beginning the people tell us that the audience in the front should through the stuff back, and the people in the back should throw the stuff forwards. So basically, we just got showered with rice and toast and toilet paper. I got so much rice down my shirt. XD

The time warp was fun, though there was so many people on stage there wasn't really any room to do it. :c All the motions had to be really tiny.

QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Oct 18 2010, 11:17 AM) *
@Rainshine I seem to be the only person in the world that thinks the Rocky Horror Picture Show is one of the most boring films ever made. laugh.gif I was sat watching it at my friend's house a couple of months ago and I actually started to find looking at the wall more interesting. tongue.gif

The film itself isn't actually that great. XD You have to see it with a live audience/actors. You have to be made to dance the time warp, and have toast thrown at your head.
Then it gets interesting. tongue.gif

Edit: OH HELLO 1000TH POST. :DDD

--------------------

+Quote Post
EdokunEdo
post Oct 19 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #62378

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,434

my current thoughts: im so bored...

Im tired and wanna sleep...

Grats on 1000th post smile.gif

<Welcome to the "Penny" thread, EdokunEdo! smile.gif You can check out the first post of this thread for current posting guidelines for this thread. :) ~ Board staff >

Reason for edit: Merged one-line posts. To avoid being considered as spamming, we generally recommend postig only ONCE or twice a day on "Penny" thread. :)

--------------------
"Sup" - Cry

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Oct 19 2010, 08:58 PM
Post #62379

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

@RHPS Discussion- It just weirds me out :1 My mom loves it, though. She went to those showings.

CTs:
-It's almost midnight... but I wanna play more Phoenix Wright... UGH DECISIONS.
-Eh if I eat a good breakfast I can survive tomorrow. LET'S DO THIS. ZVARRI!

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Oct 20 2010, 04:08 AM
Post #62380

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Hello everyone, sorry I vanished, had a weekend away and a rather manic couple of days since. I hope everyone is well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pyroclasm
post Oct 20 2010, 06:10 AM
Post #62381

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 74,542

CTs:

- Argh... My back hurts... I'm too young to feel this old...

- I really feel lazy... I haven't been motivated to do ANYTHING lately...

--------------------

"I cannot tell you more... It is up to you to find the answer. Will we use Alchemy to wage war, to raise armies?
Or will we use it to grow wise, to rise above our petty feuds and perform great deeds?" - Kraden

LiveJournal | | Formspring

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Oct 20 2010, 06:18 AM
Post #62382

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Member No.: 39,817

Pyroclasm- I get what you mean; I haven't felt like doing anything since this school year started. I have terrible senioritis. laugh.gif

CTs:

- Today I get to paint windows in town for Halloween~ It's gonna be a lot of fun, like it is every year~ (not to mention, I get out of school and play rehearsal for it XD)

- I love that these forums aren't blocked on the school computers. Sweet.

- I finished my last portfolio piece~ But I'm so tired; I stayed up until 1AM to finish it. D':

- There's supposed to be a fire drill soon... I'd better get back to study hall.

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Oct 20 2010, 07:01 AM
Post #62383

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

@ScarMySoul I'm glad things are going well!!

@Chiyo It's nice to see you back. I hope you're doing okay. hug.gif

@Rainshine I'm just going to say that it isn't for me. wink.gif I've never understood the hype over the Time Warp song/dance, either. laugh.gif And I usually love singing along and all that when I watch things! xD

@Pyroclasm You should try going for a walk. It'll get you up and doing something; going for a nice stroll on nice days usually gets me motivated. biggrin.gif But I hope your back gets better!

CTs:

-I have no lectures or anything today- So besides being here I'm doing some history coursework, which I've been oddly motivated to do. Well, it is on one of my favourite periods in History (The Fall of Rome; not to say I don't like Rome, I like the whole Roman period, after it, and into Medieval times).

-I had a Latin lesson yesterday and I've noticed that I always say something stupid that makes the teacher laugh. She must think I'm mad. laugh.gif I read and translated "Feminae et puellae clamosae sunt et valde fessi coloni sunt". And just automatically came out with "Wow...I can REALLY relate to these farmers". But I was being serious; "The women and girls are noisy and the farmers are very tired." I haven't been able to get a decent night's sleep this week at all due to noisy, drunken flatmates. laugh.gif

-I've been oddly addicted to Jaffa Cakes lately- they're so more-ish!

-I went into the heart of the city earlier...and got completely lost. I did come across CEX and HMV shops, though, so I know where to get my CDs and DVDs.

-I've come to the conclusion that I'm not hating it here at uni, but I'm not exactly loving it, either. I still feel really isolated; any friends I make I see only when I'm in the same lecture as them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Oct 20 2010, 06:24 PM
Post #62384

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

QUOTE (Razzy @ Oct 20 2010, 09:18 AM) *
Pyroclasm- I get what you mean; I haven't felt like doing anything since this school year started. I have terrible senioritis. laugh.gif

I already have senioritis and I wont be a senior for another year :1

So I finally got my school's anime club to watch Kodocha, and it went just as planned just as I thought. At first, they all thought: "Wow, this is lame. It's so happy and spazzy, but to a fault..." and then the drama started, and everyone shut up and payed attention, and started asking questions due to their now piqued interest. I'm so happy we were able to make it through episodes 1-4, so that everyone could get a taste of what was to come. A few of them (the underclassman, that is) even asked for the title, of which I gave them and recommended the dub over sub, of course.

Last week we watched Earth Girl Arjuna (yessss) and the teacher liked it so much he went off and bought the box set online.

Almost all the things we watch come from my personal collection. And I must say, I do pride myself in that. Especially since next year, I'll be responsible for said club.

CTs:
-Ugh... only Thursday tomorrow...
-I hate Algebra- crap I have homework for that.
-I just wanna lounge around :<...

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Oct 20 2010, 08:13 PM
Post #62385

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Member No.: 48,158

Chiyo--I hope everything's going well!

Rainshine--Congrats on the 1000th post!

Razzy--Yeah... Colleges generally don't survey your classmates, and I'd question the validity of those who do. You seem to have a very healthy sense of self(-esteem). I'm sure you'll be fine! (And I hope there's some way you can get your mom to understand.)

CTs:

--Obama's on campus tomorrow. I honestly don't really care, since it's a support rally for a senator who I don't really have an opinion on. I just hope there's no gigantic protests or anything. That'd be nice. Somehow, though, I doubt it'll go so smoothly.

--I'm still voting, though--filled out my ballot today!

--So, I have to take a class I didn't think I'd have to take, and it must be taken concurrently with a class I wanted to take this quarter. Since I can't take the first class, I can't take the second. I am annoyed. dry.gif

--Did worse than I thought on my Physics test. Below the average by 5%. Nooo...

--Dinners this week have been fun. Eating with friends is the highlight of my day. smile.gif

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post

4228 Pages V  « < 4157 4158 4159 4160 4161 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 06:05 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css