HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 879 880 881 882 883 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Tombow
post Jun 4 2008, 05:22 AM
Post #13201

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@Causmicfire - I love that banner!! That's so Royai, and I love how you did the background!!

@Liz - If you can color that drawing for Royai Day, that will be super!!! ^^
And, about the Royai mug... I like the mug, too, but it says that mug is sold out. sad.gif
I put the translation here.
Attached File  RoyaiMugInfo.JPG ( 65.64K ) Number of downloads: 33

And, the site says the shipping is limited to within Japan only. Boooohoo. sad.gif
This is link to some info in English for that site. ^^

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
natsu-hime
post Jun 4 2008, 05:23 AM
Post #13202

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,217

ne, minna-san. long time no see! i was busy with school (exams - and planning to move to Australia in october for foundation program)
i wanna ask you guys something...i was browsing in wikipedia to lookup for roy and i found that roy's birthday is september 25 1885. is this true or someone mess up with wiki and entered some hoax birthdate? i mean, i remember arakawa saying that she's not going to give any of her characters birthdays because her sensei taught her "putting too much on charactrer profiles will give less space for manouvering" i tried to lookup on ed, al, winry, etc. but i don't find any. it is stated in wiki that the resource was from perfect guidebook 2. i have the book and i've read and understand most of it by reading the hiragana and katakana letters but i DON'T find any birthdays. can anybody tell me where the date come from?

oh, and for roiai day this year, i refused to put curtains in my bedroom and fill the window with ROIAI! mwahahhahaha. i ripped my pirated mangas (since the Indonesians FINALLY published the original one) and cut the panels with roy and riza and printed out my favorite roiai scenes and fanworks (on the back of scrap papers of course - go green with roiai!) in my collection and it's 80% done right now. when it's done i'm going to post the pictures here.

exams finally done. now i have some time to spare to hang around here again!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 4 2008, 06:29 AM
Post #13203

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@natsu-hime - Nice to see you!!! *hugs!!* Missed you!!
Are you moving to Australia in October??!! Wow, that's exciting!!
You might get to see... was it MelRiza who's studying there? Tho, I don't know exactly where Mel is, and she may not be close by. Australia is a big country. ^^
Yes, yes, for Royai Day, please post the pic of your Royai themed room!!

About Roy's birthday... I checked Wiki site and yeah, it says September 25, 1885 is Roy's birthday, and noting Perfect Guidebook 2 as the reference. Although, like natsu-hime, I don't remember seeing this info in Perfect Guidebook 2. Anyone with some insight??

--------------------

+Quote Post
natsu-hime
post Jun 4 2008, 07:43 AM
Post #13204

Apprentice

yeah, it's Mel. she's also Indonesian like me. i think she's in Melbourne i'm not sure...i'll be moving to Melbourne too. but first i have to face IELTS test and stuffs (student visa, homestay arrangement, etc) more work *sigh*

i've re-checked the guidebook just now, and there's NO BIRTHDAYS.

+Quote Post
vidramidra
post Jun 4 2008, 11:47 AM
Post #13205

Citizen

Member No.: 58,437

QUOTE(Tombow @ Jun 4 2008, 05:22 AM) *
And, about the Royai mug... I like the mug, too, but it says that mug is sold out. sad.gif

Aww, that's not good! sad.gif
But thank you very much for translating it for us!!
If I get some money, I'll buy some special paint and will make a mug formyself! Ha!

ROY'S BIRTHDAY:

ZOMG FRUIT TREE ALCHEMISTS translated the timeline from Guidebook and it only says the years when the characters are born, without the month and day.

http://zomgfta.com/hagaren/timeline.html

You can check it here.

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jun 4 2008, 01:06 PM
Post #13206

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

Tell me if my math is messed up, but doesn't that make it 1915 then? I always knew it was early 1900s, but if the year is correct than it's exactly 1915.

I'd love to contribute, but with finals I have no spare time to think of something creative to write (hence the reason I only have one fan fic up...even if it wasn't RoyAI...)

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Jun 4 2008, 03:12 PM
Post #13207

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

QUOTE(RoyxRizaFan @ Jun 4 2008, 01:06 PM) *
Tell me if my math is messed up, but doesn't that make it 1915 then? I always knew it was early 1900s, but if the year is correct than it's exactly 1915.

Yeah, it would make the current year in the manga 1915 since Ed is supposed to be turning 16.

Tombow Thanks! Too bad the mug is sold out, and only ships to Japan.

Vidramidra Thanks for a link to the time line!

@Natsu-hime Good luck with your preparations, and making your RoyAi themes room!

RoyAi day is a week away!

--------------------

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post Jun 4 2008, 03:21 PM
Post #13208

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 15,086

ooooohhhh, i wish i could have that muggggggg!
rawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
i really need a new one too.
i dont take caffeine in pill form anymore since my teacher called my parents about my erratic behavior. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Darling you can bet to see my ghost up on the wall, watching you eat. Yeah, its true, I dream about you too, grinding my mouth, losing my teeth. You are exactly what a night-mare`s for. I'll night marry you.

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post Jun 4 2008, 06:07 PM
Post #13209

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,714

Did you Bablefish that, Tombow, or do you speak Japanese? (I don't even bother with Babelfish anymore since it is pretty much useless. Always best to find someone who knows the language IMO.)

I'll have to keep an eye out (or ask one of my friends who is living in Japan to keep an eye out...) for them getting it back in stock.
Good to know people living over there.... tongue.gif

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)

+Quote Post
Imagining_Dark_R...
post Jun 4 2008, 06:48 PM
Post #13210

Citizen

Member No.: 59,856

HIME! YOU'RE HERE? OMFG! YAY! small world. RoyAi world, that is. Mug. I. Want. hey, i can always stalk eBay in hopes of someone selling one, because we all know RoyAi will take over the world. I'm insanely depressed, I can't write! I sit there and open my word document and just stare. And stare. And stare. And cry. its so sad. I can never write when im having emotional issues (my GF dumped me) and it pisses me off. RAAAAAWR. I have fics to update! For once in my life, im begging for plot bunnies! For RoyAi day i was going to write oodles and oodles and now i can't! Couldn't she have chosen a better time to make it clear we were just "friends"? Hiss. I want my RoyAi bunnies back!

+Quote Post
natsu-hime
post Jun 5 2008, 12:54 AM
Post #13211

Apprentice

hi to you too sophie! tongue.gif about that mug, well...i know shops here where i can order custom-picture mugs so i'll order one soon biggrin.gif mwehehehe
*sigh* i guess love is tearing apart everywhere. i just dumped my boyfriend too (loooong story) 11th june is near, and i hope arakawa will do us roiai fans some fanservice (and i hope to see japanese fanworks or some stuffs related to roiai in the next gangan issue too)

*sigh* still decorating the room with roiai too. have to finish it quick because the light coming out of the uncovered part hurts my eyes in the morning X_X wish have roy and riza RAHs. if i have 'em, i'd strip 'em down and dress 'em up in a wedding gown and suit and use my old barbie house as a church. i only have to make do with unmoveable roy, riza and hayate action figures. anybody have any ideas?

+Quote Post
Elemental/Alchem...
post Jun 5 2008, 05:38 AM
Post #13212

Apprentice

Member No.: 28,136

QUOTE(Tombow @ May 30 2008, 03:40 PM) *
@Stormy - Hey, nice to see you back here!! And, RoyxRizaFan4ever, Elemental/Alchemist, and everyone, nice to see you here. ^^

I enjoyed the conversation between Riza and Rebecca in chapter 83! XDRiza shoving Black Hayate on Rebecca's face.. priceless!! XD

thanks, i fluctuate in and out - but i'm more glad to see the thread alive again, 3 pages in 3 days
for a while it was like 1 page every 2 weeks

-- but i suppose that a simple scene with riza and roy behind a curtain is enough lighter fluid to ignite the forum (and a hayate scene always helps happy.gif ) --

QUOTE(CodenameElizabeth @ Jun 4 2008, 09:07 PM) *
Did you Bablefish that, Tombow, or do you speak Japanese? (I don't even bother with Babelfish anymore since it is pretty much useless. Always best to find someone who knows the language IMO.)
if i can interject, (of course not knowing personally) but Tombow has been translator for all our Japanese language needs for as long as i can remember and i think everyone on this thread is grateful for that

p.s. does june 11 have any significance? or just happens to be the date picked?

edit:
QUOTE(vidramidra @ Jun 4 2008, 02:47 PM) *
ZOMG FRUIT TREE ALCHEMISTS translated the timeline from Guidebook and it only says the years when the characters are born, without the month and day.
http://zomgfta.com/hagaren/timeline.html

if this is the case, and the subsequent yr is 1915, then someone should edit roy's to say 30, and fix up Hughes' page (i'm too lazy to care either way, but just a passing mention)
though i did see Hughes as being a couple yrs older than Roy, if the guidebook gives them the same age then so be it
yet even wikipedia negates the guidenook when it reads chapter 46's image of the tombstone (which i don't have in front of me so i'm assuming) with Hughes' age at 36
so how reliable is the guidebook? or for that matter wikipedia??
(thus i agree with Ms. Arakawa on this issue - it's too complicated to care about)

--------------------
Roy's partner in arms - Maes Hughes:
IPB Image

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jun 5 2008, 03:29 PM
Post #13213

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

Amazingly enough, i was able to write a fan fic. And it doesn't totally suck. Should we post in on or before the eleventh?

p.s. does june 11 have any significance? or just happens to be the date picked?

I was wondering about that, too...

And I hope everyone can start feeling better by RoyAi day...maybe Arakawa can write something to lift all your spirits up???

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
natsu-hime
post Jun 5 2008, 07:27 PM
Post #13214

Apprentice

uwaaah! my room is almost done by 98%...then i have to clean it up so it will be appropriate to see (it's a twillight zone right now sleep.gif") but my back hurts...hopefully i can finish it today.

oh! and does anybody knows the kanji for "Hi" (day) ? i am planning to put a banner of "Roiai no Hi" on top of the shrine biggrin.gif thanks!

+Quote Post
Imagining_Dark_R...
post Jun 5 2008, 08:09 PM
Post #13215

Citizen

Member No.: 59,856

Hime, you've inspried me to try and cover my wall. eventually. My wrieters block sits on my desk and glares at me, but I'm making an MMV- hopefully i can finish and upload that. I. Hate. Trig. IM 13, IM NOT SUPOSED TO HAVE TO DO IT. CURSE MY STUPID EXCELERATED SCHOOL. CURSE IT INTO THE DEEPEST PITS OF HELL. At least i get to leave forever in 7 1/2 days. w0000t. BTW, im always looking for recommendations for MMVs (since I LOATHE the anime). Anyone have any suggestions? (please, no RJAs "Guardian Angel"- it's kind of overplayed). Rock is good. Alternative is better. Hm, so, if it gives character years, anyone wanna bother figure out everyone's zodiac sign? I'm too lazy, but I must admit, I'm curious. Because we all KNOW Roy and Riza will be compatible. On gaia, we actually figured out the sun signs based on personality. And of course Roy and Riza matched. Oh, that reminds me, my friend wrote a brilliant document regarding Jung and RoyAi. It's probably the most genius thing I've ever read. If anyone wants to read it, email me at imgningdrkroses@yahoo.com and I'll send it to you. I'm telling you right now, it's totally worth the read.

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 879 880 881 882 883 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 05:43 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css