Reply to this topicStart new topic
Meat-eaters, We have all done it!
lizzyangel
post May 2 2005, 09:04 AM
Post #1

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,256

i didnt know why ppl were so obsessed with eating no meat. but after some research i know why. maybe its just me, but if anyone out there doesnt know, farm animals are kept in horrible conditions. it's hard for me, but eating little/ nbo meat helps my concious. give it sdome thought. please.

i cried.

*tear*
this is another i found....

--------------------
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post May 2 2005, 09:40 AM
Post #2

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 7,890

I already know all about the meat industry but I still eat meat. I love meat! It's not that I'm heartless but the fact that human beings are omnivores. I tried to be a vegiterian a long time ago and did it for two years but I was sick all the time and lost a lot of weight. So some people cannot live on a strictly vegitarian diet.

If I could raise my own cattle I would instead of relying on the meat industry.

Besides, bullfighting has nothing to do with the meat industry, it's just a cruel sport.

+Quote Post
Zarpia
post May 2 2005, 12:26 PM
Post #3

Rasta Maldita

Member No.: 4,384

you didn't know that already lizzy?
i eat meat just when my mom make it, if she doesn't then is not big deal, i'm not a meatfan.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post May 2 2005, 12:29 PM
Post #4

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

I hate guilt-tripping, self-righteous vegetarians/vegans far more than I could ever hate abusive cattle ranchers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post May 2 2005, 01:18 PM
Post #5

Brigadier General

Member No.: 3,780

QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 2 2005, 08:40 AM)
I already know all about the meat industry but I still eat meat. I love meat! It's not that I'm heartless but the fact that human beings are omnivores. I tried to be a vegiterian a long time ago and did it for two years but I was sick all the time and lost a lot of weight. So some people cannot live on a strictly vegitarian diet.
[snapback]165087[/snapback]

I feel the same way I'm just not a vegiterian person. @_@ I know that the meat industry is bad but I love meat and I love to eat it. Not that I wish for those poor animals it's just I can't help that I like it....

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
xrninja
post May 2 2005, 04:45 PM
Post #6

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 501

QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ May 2 2005, 01:18 PM)
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 2 2005, 08:40 AM)

I feel the same way I'm just not a vegiterian person. @_@ I know that the meat industry is bad but I love meat and I love to eat it. Not that I wish for those poor animals it's just I can't help that I like it....
[snapback]165150[/snapback]

i agree. i do feel bad for the animals, but i really love to eat meat. i eat a lot, and i've experimented with vegetarianism and it didn't fill me up and i hated eating the meals. i equally dislike our meat industry, though. my family buys meat from a german deli that's a little far from home, but they have good stuff and they're good people. we've been going there a long time, and a lot of their other customers go because they know the deli doesn't get their meat from places that keep their livestock in dirty facilities. when i go out to eat, i try to get stuff with meat from Niman Ranch, too. i'll probably never stop being a meat eater (though i stopped eating beef during the Mad Cow craze), kind of like how my Buddhist best friend will never stop trying to convert me to vegetarianism. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
- ON HIATUS UNTIL COLLEGE STOPS KICKING MY ASS -
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
Luckyalchemy27
post May 2 2005, 04:53 PM
Post #7

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 10,100

I'm all for animal rights, but I am not a vegetarian. I would either starve or go crazy without meat.

Really, you would? I wouldn't be able to. Cows are so cute, and I would get really attatched to all of them.

--------------------
I support the PAA, the Paco Association of America!
IPB Image
Thanks to Phyco Girl for the kickass sig! :3
Kindly visit my my sig shop.
Need an avatar, or got a request? Mosy on over to The 100 Avatar Challenge.
Take a visit to Emberflare Academy.

+Quote Post
hitokiri
post May 2 2005, 05:06 PM
Post #8

Brigadier General

Member No.: 650

well i vaguely remember having this discussion in a thread a long time ago, but i'll restate a very important point... people complain about the inhumane housing of animals and preach free range meat production..... not possible. the amount of land required to free range raised all livestock and poultry is not available...

one of two things would have to happen for this pipedream to occur...

A - the entire world would have to severely change their diet
B - defrost siberia and turn it into a giant free range farm

both things are equally ridiculous. their just animals, and so are we... to feel bad for the treatment of one's prey, which essentially is what these animals are, is the most foolish thing imaginable as far as the natural order is concerned. do you think that the lion feels bad when it rips out the throat of a baby gazzelle? no...

you are seeing this situation from a prospective that only the priviledged can, what about the third world nations that couldn't afford the rise in cost of free range meat?

but more importantly you refer to these animals as if they were equals and deserved such rights; in nature they would have to endure harsh lives, under constant threat of attack by predators. they would be subjected to endless injuries, disease, and eventual death; not by old age but either by predators or becoming so sick/useless they can no longer find food and starve to death. even more importantly; we are the predators, they are prey... they lives are only meant as nurishment for us and anything else is irrelevant. that is the brutal truth of the natural order.

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

------------------------------------------------------------
"argh...my neck is one gargantuan monkey fist..."
- J. Peterman -

+Quote Post
Luckyalchemy27
post May 2 2005, 05:26 PM
Post #9

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 10,100

their just animals, and so are we... to feel bad for the treatment of one's prey, which essentially is what these animals are, is the most foolish thing imaginable as far as the natural order is concerned.

WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAT??!?!?!??! How can you say that??! "they're just animals", what is that supposed to mean??? Just because we eat them doesn't mean that we have to let them suffer in poorlivng conditions! How would you like it if someone shoved you in a pen with no food or water or shelter?!?! Animals have feelings too!

--------------------
I support the PAA, the Paco Association of America!
IPB Image
Thanks to Phyco Girl for the kickass sig! :3
Kindly visit my my sig shop.
Need an avatar, or got a request? Mosy on over to The 100 Avatar Challenge.
Take a visit to Emberflare Academy.

+Quote Post
hitokiri
post May 2 2005, 06:13 PM
Post #10

Brigadier General

Member No.: 650

QUOTE(Luckyalchemy27 @ May 2 2005, 08:26 PM)
How would you like it if someone shoved you in a pen with no food or water or shelter?!?!
[snapback]165309[/snapback]

you're really dumb aren't you? i mean "my mom was a crack junky when she was pregnant" dumb....

why do animals need shelter? they're built to survive outdoors; also most poultry are kept indoors anyways. how can you raise an animal for slaughter if you don't feed it and give it water?

dumbass...

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

------------------------------------------------------------
"argh...my neck is one gargantuan monkey fist..."
- J. Peterman -

+Quote Post
Electrastar
post May 2 2005, 06:20 PM
Post #11

Alchemists

Member No.: 9,372

I haven't even tried to eat no meat, and I don't know and don't want to know about the meat industry. Humans have been eating meat since the dawn of time. It's not like we eat endangered species, we breed animals for the sole purpose of eating them. So may think that it's cruel, but what kind of life would they have in another way ? You can't get evreything your body needs from veggies alone despite what vegeterians say.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post May 2 2005, 07:29 PM
Post #12

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 7,890

QUOTE(Luckyalchemy27 @ May 2 2005, 04:53 PM)

Really, you would? I wouldn't be able to. Cows are so cute, and I would get really attatched to all of them.
[snapback]165284[/snapback]

Yes I would, and I probably would get attached to them at first but then I would get over it and start naming them things like felit mignon and porterhouse. Also if I raised them they wouldn't be fed a lot of hormones and I could provide a good diet for them so the meat would be really good. I'd even raise a few Kobe beef style. Besides raising livestock is alot more honest than going into a grocery store and picking up a shrink wrapped slab of meat. I could also provide the animals with a decent life before I killed and ate them. By honest I mean I wouldn't be hiding from the fact that something had to die to feed me. Just a few years ago I started cooking my own crab and lobster for this very reason. Plus I get to say thank you to them before I drop them into a pot of boiling water.

Don't get me wrong I love animals and believe they should be treated as the sentient beings they are but I'm not going to hide from the fact that meat was once something alive.

QUOTE(hitokiri)
their just animals, and so are we... to feel bad for the treatment of one's prey, which essentially is what these animals are, is the most foolish thing imaginable as far as the natural order is concerned. do you think that the lion feels bad when it rips out the throat of a baby gazzelle? no...

I beg to differ. I would be considered the same thing if you were to go out and hunt your dinner down. The meat industry does have some very cruel practices that I strongly disagree with and if I could I would buy free range meat but I can't afford it. However I do agree with the fact that there is no way to make every livestock farm free range due to population size. It just wouldn't be feasible.

QUOTE(hitokiri)
but more importantly you refer to these animals as if they were equals and deserved such rights; in nature they would have to endure harsh lives, under constant threat of attack by predators.

Wether you believe that animals are equal or not doesn't change the fact that these are not wild animals. They don't get to wander around the forest until something decides to eat them. There's a big difference between wild animals and livestock. They have to live in unsanitary conditions until it's off to the slaughter house. We are suppose to be above them but it doesn't change the fact that human beings can be very cruel and just because they are "dumb animals" and they are food doesn't give us the right to mistreat them. Animals are senitent beings and do feel pain.

+Quote Post
lizzyangel
post May 5 2005, 06:12 AM
Post #13

Citizen

Member No.: 10,256

QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 2 2005, 11:40 AM)

Besides, bullfighting has nothing to do with the meat industry, it's just a cruel sport.

yea, they play the sport, then eat the bull.
i'll try to find this other site, just about farm animal cruelty.found it up top ^

and i do eat meat. i tried it, but it was hard, and inconcvinient.
i just wanted to tell people who didnt know, what SOME animals go through for us to have a meal.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Drina
post May 5 2005, 01:52 PM
Post #14

Apprentice

Member No.: 12,525

Hmm...
Lots of the stuff you see about the meat industry isn't always true, you know.

For example:
--You don't want to put meat chickens in cages because it will bruise the chicken and no meat eater wants bruised chicken.
--De-beaking is not a BAD THING. It simply insures that the chickens don't kill themselves before the butcher does.

If you took a Vo-Ag class sometime, or did some research, you would find that animals are usually kept under sanitary conditions. They HAVE TO... otherwise the Vegans would pour acid down their throats and blow up the factories and slaughter houses.

And if you blow up factories, aren't you killing people, too? AND YOU KNOW THAT THEY HAVE FEELINGS AND FAMILIES.

*Takes a deep breath.* I just had this conversation with a PETA at school the other day. Grrr.... Not exactly like she's the brightest mind around either. Once you get an idea into one of those heads, you can't convince them otherwise.
*Shrugs shoulders.* Oh, well.

You can take my sugar (or maybe not...), BUT YOU'LL NEVER TAKE... MY MEEEEAAAAT!!

XP

-Meat Eater til the end.

--------------------
^....^
.*).(*.
\....../

The Original Cookie Monster! ^_^
Thanks to avatarity.com for my avatar.

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post May 5 2005, 02:53 PM
Post #15

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

I eat meat, and I love to eat meat, no matter what I see. Mainly because the meat I buy has to be of a certain standard which means the animals were treated fairly. I know it can be bad, but because I don't buy cheap meat I don't get involved in that evil.

I don't agree with cruelty to animals at all, its evil and I really hate the idea of fox hunting. But we eat meat because our bodies are designed to need it. People who make their dog vegetarians really tick me off. I was almost shocked when I heard people do that.

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 10:00 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css