HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
paca
post Dec 12 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #19426

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,936

QUOTE (Kaori Ayanami @ Dec 11 2009, 06:20 PM) *
QUOTE (paca @ Dec 11 2009, 02:53 PM) *
There is one thing that now is hard to guess...Riza said she was going to stop aiming when he reaches to the top, so I understood that she was quiting the military until he reaches his dream (or until he is safe??? I prefer the dream option).... but now will she quit and follow him but not as his lt.?
She already did, along with Breda and Fuery, remember? (By the way, when did she say that?)

here "util that person accomplishies his goal ... I will pull the trigger without doubt"

--------------------
......if you continue to wish with that strength, the dream will become reality.........
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Dec 12 2009, 09:56 AM
Post #19427

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,737

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Dec 12 2009, 06:33 AM) *
You know what? Amongst all the talk and negativeness there is around, I think he'll get it back *nods* That's all I have to say for the time being.

I dunno, for this kind of big development late in the game, it would just be a cop out or easy answer if Arakawa just undid it in a few chapters. And cop outs and easy answers are just not Arakawa's style. It's more her style to do something powerful and unexpected, which is more her way of doing things.

As much as I love Roy (He's my favorite, after all) I don't think I'd like to see him regain his sight just so quickly. It brings a much more tragic element to his character. Plus I think it'll only strengthen Royai even more.

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Dec 12 2009, 11:34 AM
Post #19428

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

I agree with you hawkflame...I kind of want Arakawa to go all the way with it. It sucks but...otherwise it just seems too convenient, you know? And this plot development would have less of an impact if it were reversed just like that :<

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Dec 12 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #19429

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (hawkflame @ Dec 12 2009, 08:56 AM) *
I dunno, for this kind of big development late in the game, it would just be a cop out or easy answer if Arakawa just undid it in a few chapters. And cop outs and easy answers are just not Arakawa's style. It's more her style to do something powerful and unexpected, which is more her way of doing things.

As much as I love Roy (He's my favorite, after all) I don't think I'd like to see him regain his sight just so quickly. It brings a much more tragic element to his character. Plus I think it'll only strengthen Royai even more.

Thing is though, all I'll say is... No one seriously thought that May would save Riza... So the possibility is there that all will be saved.

In any case though, I'm just going to wait and see what happens next.

+Quote Post
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Dec 12 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #19430

Alchemists

Member No.: 65,533

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Dec 12 2009, 01:52 PM) *
Thing is though, all I'll say is... No one seriously thought that May would save Riza... So the possibility is there that all will be saved.

In any case though, I'm just going to wait and see what happens next.

Yes, I suppose there is that possibility, but at the same time-- twice in a row?

I'll be very surprised if he does, in fact, regain his vision. Pleasantly surprised, yes, but I'm definitely not expecting Arakawa to make the ending so happy that the world is saved and everyone goes back to normal. It just wouldn't be equivalent exchange, if you will.

Also, I think that Mustang's blindness adds far more to his character than it takes away. And as many people are repeating on this thread, the Royai potential is actually rather awesome.... happy.gif

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Dec 12 2009, 03:24 PM
Post #19431

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

It really surprises me, but after the shock was over, I wasn't upset about Roy becoming blind.
Now the Royai is guaranteed. We know that Riza won't let him alone after this. And there are possibilities for amazing scenes. I can see Riza being Roy's (Hawk)eyes. I also can imagine a Ed-Roy-fight scene, while Ed could be also taking roles of Mustangs eyes for a battle.
I want to see Roy encounter Hawkeye, first time blinded. I guess it will be like "Now I won't be able to see your beauty or eye signals or what ever..."
It also surprised me that the thing happened after Mustang and Hawkeye exchanged glares. He cannot do this anymore. But still I really really respect Cow's decition for making him blind.
I didn't mention that there are tons of possibilities how Roy can regain his sight. You all know by yourselves.
Ah did I also mention that I feel ignored at this forum sometimes? xD

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Dec 12 2009, 05:06 PM
Post #19432

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

I don't feel so bad for Roy as I probably should. He's in shock over seeing a bunch of horrible things in the gate and from his loss as well so we don't even know how he's actually coping. But he's strong and there's a lot of people always ready to give him a helping hand, he's put a lot of effort into building his own team so now he's surrounded by people he trusts completely. I'm not saying there's a big royai potential because, lets be honest, I see royai potential in everything, starting with a "Good morning" tongue.gif

Roy and Ed fighting together and cooperating in any way sounds awesome for me. Haven't seen anything like it thus far? Maybe that's just because Arakawa-sensei didn't want us to see alchemists combine powers, just like she didn't let Roy do any cool stuff untill his showdown with Lust. (OK, that's my wishful thinking)

Ah did I also mention that I feel ignored at this forum sometimes? xD

Sorry if you feel that way. I do it sometimes, I admit. When someone writes down something I completely agree with or just some interesting thought I suddenly don't know what to respond and just wait for someone else to say something meaningful other than the (probably lame) reacton I might have.

Roy and automail eyes: no way! Don't like out of aesthetic reasons more than anything else.

Edit (after a cup of coffee) - Roy's condition seems to be final for me. Not saying it's a good thing, saying I would feel betrayed if all the emotions I went through were in vain. Plus, it gives me solid proof that he'll survive in the end - he's already lost his sight, he doesn't need to lose his life. Equivalent exchange, sort of.

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Dec 12 2009, 05:23 PM
Post #19433

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

After that Calc II final, I'm beginning to get a sense of what it must feel like to see the Truth. I think the Gompertz equation is permanently burned into my retinas...

~hayate--Awww... We all love you, we really do! It's just hard to read and respond to every single post. I know I'm right there with you sometimes.

I'm still in the "non-reversable" camp, though, just because of how powerful that moment was. I mean, it'd be nice if it had never happened, but it did, and to take that away would leave me going, "That was... anticlimactic." Not saying it wouldn't make me happy, though.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Thalogens
post Dec 12 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #19434

Alchemists

Member No.: 70,644

@black-hayate, I hear you there, but in my case, 1/3 of my poss aren't remotely intelligent so jfjkqfj

-sigh- I'm beginning to face reality now, after writing my fic, I'm not as 'AAGGHHHWHAAATTTT?!!!' as before. And like SneakyRuler, I can see Royai everywhere too. Well, even if its the least Royai scene in the world, still think of it as Royai... ahem.

I posted this somewhere else on the 102 board, and I doubt Roy being blind will hinder him, David Blunkett is blind, and he's the Education Secretary, being blind didn't stop him. And taking into accord hat this is a mang, and it upholds the 'if you try hard enough, you can succeed etc etc' value, I still think Roy canclimb his way up to the top. The added blindness would make people like him more, as they know what he's sacrificed for his country.
The reason this predicament gives room for more Royai, is because well, Arakawa has to write it, she can't get around not writing it, because /everyone/ knows this means more Royai. If he doesn't, she has something against this couple.

+Quote Post
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Dec 12 2009, 06:07 PM
Post #19435

Alchemists

Member No.: 65,533

QUOTE (SneakyRuler @ Dec 12 2009, 05:06 PM) *
I'm not saying there's a big royai potential because, lets be honest, I see royai potential in everything, starting with a "Good morning" tongue.gif

Ha ha! Don't get me wrong, I totally see it that way too! laugh.gif What I meant was that there's potential for them actually stating their feelings because clearly they can't do that through looks anymore. I mean, they never needed words or touches to express their feelings for each other before, but now they may actually have to. Does anyone see where I'm coming from on this? I'm not saying it should be an "I love you" or anything sappy. Still subtle, but stated directly.... If that makes sense..... rolleyes.gif

Perhaps I'm just going a bit fangirly....

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Dec 12 2009, 06:23 PM
Post #19436

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

I can see them saying 'I love you' and still somehow staing in character.

Roy: 'By the way, Lieutenant, I love you. In case you wonderin'
Riza: 'Okay'

laugh.gif

It's sooo not gonna happen....

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Dec 12 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #19437

The_Twilight_Trinity--I am so there with you in terms of needing words now. I'm beginning to wonder if Arakawa did this specifically for the Royai potential... it just makes so much sense that way! tongue.gif

Although, if that did happen, you'd think they'd have known it beforehand, anyway. The "I love you"/"I know" scenes from StarWars are coming very strongly to mind.

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Dec 12 2009, 06:53 PM
Post #19438

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Dec 12 2009, 05:51 PM) *
Although, if that did happen, you'd think they'd have known it beforehand, anyway. The "I love you"/"I know" scenes from StarWars are coming very strongly to mind.

If that happens then I expect it more like in Return of the Jedi than in Empire Strikes Back... wink.gif

And black~hayate, love you lots!

+Quote Post
Kaori Ayanami
post Dec 12 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #19439

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,575

QUOTE (paca @ Dec 12 2009, 04:50 PM) *
QUOTE (Kaori Ayanami @ Dec 11 2009, 06:20 PM) *
QUOTE (paca @ Dec 11 2009, 02:53 PM) *
There is one thing that now is hard to guess...Riza said she was going to stop aiming when he reaches to the top, so I understood that she was quiting the military until he reaches his dream (or until he is safe??? I prefer the dream option).... but now will she quit and follow him but not as his lt.?
She already did, along with Breda and Fuery, remember? (By the way, when did she say that?)
here "util that person accomplishies his goal ... I will pull the trigger without doubt"
I meant "quitting the military". She already has. Quitting him is a whole different thing. wink.gif

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Dec 12 2009, 07:37 PM
Post #19440

Kale--I certainly would hope that it would be more "Empire Strikes Back"-style, too! Although with all the abuse Roy's taken as of late, and with Arakawa being a StarWars fan, I sometimes wonder if Roy's going to wind up frozen in carbonite, anyway. I mean, it's not like Han ever catches much of a break...

But now I'm getting into "General Video" forum territory, so I'll leave it at that.

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 05:05 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css