HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 886 887 888 889 890 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Saving_Grace
post Jul 19 2008, 10:17 AM
Post #13306

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,782

QUOTE(jacksparrow589 @ Jul 20 2008, 03:01 AM) *
Saving Grace- Sounds good for an estimate! I'm not gonna complain, at any rate. I get tired of people wanting to know details that haven't officially been put out yet. I recall something saying somewhere that Arakawa-sensei doesn't really mess around with birthdays and that sort of thing. If it's important for the storyline (or used in an omake), it's there, and if it's not in those two or a guidebook, it isn't. It looks like we're all making guesses based on appearances, comments, and a little bit of timeline-ing. I hope nobody who reads your story is incredibly picky about that. (I got chewed out once by someone who claimed to know Riza's exact age but would not tell me their source. Come on, it's not like I was making her 10 years younger than Roy! More like 3! Anyway...) Good luck with your fic-writing! Keep us posted!

Yeah, I heard that about Arakawa too, and I'm usually not that fussed with this type of thing, I just needed a rough idea of Hawkeye's age so some other things check out. Now I have to try and fumble around the gaping Dante & Hoho plot holes...

Thanks very muchly!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Imagining_Dark_R...
post Jul 25 2008, 09:09 PM
Post #13307

Citizen

Member No.: 59,856

hiiiiii! I'm back! anyone remember me? tongue.gif
I don't know why we're freaking about Olivia/Roy when there was so much RoyAi! *squee*
...anyone else get the distinct feeling that Riza's going down soon? or that Arakawa wants us to think Riza's going down soon? *gloom gloom gloom*
...while I was away, i had a dream that Roy turned into a girl. it was seriously screwed up. but the sweet part was that Riza didn't care. like, she barely even blinked. then she pretty much shrugged and went "so? he's the same person". It was fluffy/cute/creepy.
...did i already post my MMV? i think i did.

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jul 26 2008, 08:29 AM
Post #13308

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Imagining Dark Roses- I have more of the feeling that we need to worry about Roy for some reason. Yes, Riza & co. are helping to start the rebellion and all, but I think that they're going to be up against something that can be relatively easily handled when compared to what Roy and Ed and the rest of the "sacrifices" are up against. I just can't see either of them dying too quickly, here, especially with Hoho being ready to help. I want battle action, though! (Oh, and, like, a LOTALOTALOT of Royai.)

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post Jul 26 2008, 10:04 AM
Post #13309

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,714

QUOTE(Saving_Grace @ Jul 19 2008, 01:17 PM) *
I'm usually not that fussed with this type of thing, I just needed a rough idea of Hawkeye's age so some other things check out. Now I have to try and fumble around the gaping Dante & Hoho plot holes...

Nah, I personally think that it's cool when fanfic authors are bothered with getting the details. Makes the fic more believable IMO. Some of my favorite fic writers are very detail oriented (Anne Packrat writes some incredibly good RoiAi. Because she gets the details right.)

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)

+Quote Post
riza'slittle...
post Jul 26 2008, 01:31 PM
Post #13310

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,592

I like sweating the details. I feel bad if I think I'm getting something wrong.

And now that all this talk is floating around about being nervous, I'm really anxious for the next chapter. Ack. However, I'm not that concerned about Hawkeye in the next chapter. It seems that we get a good lengthy scene with the character that is about to die before that happens. We haven't had that for Riza... yet. *knock on wood*

--------------------

Still a work in progress but...

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jul 26 2008, 02:07 PM
Post #13311

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

I recently had a RoyAi dream, too. Roy was sitting on a bench outside of a restaurant and Riza passed by. they just kind of sat there and talked for a while, then a girl came over, calling for Roy, who remembered he had a date and he couldn't be seen with Riza. Riza left and he went on his date. That's when I woke up, feeling sad that the dream had taken such a bad turn at the end...V_V Oh I miss RoyAi. It's been so long since we've had a fix that my addiction is almost wearing off (LOL I talk like its a drug XDD)

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jul 28 2008, 04:54 PM
Post #13312

The only Royai dream I ever had was a sad one. They were in a burning building and the roof collapsed. Not before final "I love you"-s, but it was still REALLY horrible.

Happy Birthday, Amethyst Sunset! (Haven't seen you around in a while, but I thought I'd post this on the off-chance that you're lurking around here. If you are, come back!)

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jul 28 2008, 08:09 PM
Post #13313

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

I don't get that whole Olivia/Roy idea... I mean, he's not particularly flirty with her. Not more than he normally is with anyone else women. And, besides, it's pretty clear by now that he's no real womanizer but as a disguise...
And is Olivia really on their side? She seems more like she has her own side and, as long as their plans converge and help her, the better, but no strings attached.

About Roy, I don't think we have to worry about him at all, for the time being. After all, he's a 'possible sacrifice' to the homunculi and they're not gonna kill him unless there's no other way. Which brings me to my biggest fear: That they will use the bound between Roy and Riza to kill her, leading him to make a human transmutation to become an ACTUAL sacrifice... sad.gif *Knock on wood*

Ah!! and about Riza's age, it's just what you guys said (about 27)... From the Guide Book's Chronology, Roy's 29 by now (1914) and I also remember him saying something about being 29 in a omake. And Riza is definitely not far behind him, but still looks like she's a couple of years younger. Taking that Hughes was the same age as Roy and was a Major, Riza being a 1st Lt. means she's close to 3 years younger than them.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jul 28 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #13314

Turdaewen- I have the strangest feeling of deja-vu over talk of Riza actually being killed to push Roy to do human transmutation. This, I don't think, will happen. While not going against the natural law of things is a central theme of the series, it isn't something Roy seems inclined to do. That seems to be Ed's area of expertise. So, if I'm right (and I'm hoping I am), there will be no killing of Riza to prompt a human transmutation. She's much more valuable alive, and I don't see how she would fall into the hands of the homunculi at this time. They'd need to have her physically there for hard-core threats. *Knocks on wood, too, just to be safe*

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jul 28 2008, 09:46 PM
Post #13315

State Alchemist (Major)

Yeah... I think that that's a long shot for me... lol
I don't actually believe it would turn out that way either, but I still fear it.
And also, though it might be very logical for it to happen, Arakawa's not known for being predictable. But I still thought it might happen considering that the most obvious way of making Roy see the Portal would be through human transmutation, but then again, if he didn't actually attempted that when Hughes died, I see no reason why he would with Riza being dead.

Considering all that, I believe they'll come up with another excuse to transform him into a sacrifice.

But that scenario DID cross my mind.

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post Jul 31 2008, 10:33 AM
Post #13316

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,714

QUOTE(Turdaewen @ Jul 29 2008, 12:46 AM) *
And also, though it might be very logical for it to happen, Arakawa's not known for being predictable.

Yeah-- she's not. Which is why I am havng serous doubt that my theory of "OMG they are going to try and make Ed re-open the gate since Al's body has been taken over" is something that will happen. Far . Too. Predictable.

Olivia? Yes- I think she likely has her own agenda. She doesn't seem like the kind of character who would necessarily take sides. She would just do whatever is in her best interest. If it helps out another party, fine, but I'm sure OMG SAVEING TEH WORLD is not on her list of primary motivations in the least.

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jul 31 2008, 12:11 PM
Post #13317

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE(CodenameElizabeth @ Jul 31 2008, 02:33 PM) *
Yeah-- she's not. Which is why I am havng serous doubt that my theory of "OMG they are going to try and make Ed re-open the gate since Al's body has been taken over" is something that will happen. Far . Too. Predictable.

That's just the thing, isn't it? I mean, do they really need Ed doing ANYTHING to bring Al's body back?? I don't think so. It would be a lot simpler to just make Al open the gate and back... (but, after reading Arakawa's comments on her FMA sketches and saying she sketches Al a lot so that she won't forget how his face looks like is pretty revealing to me that indeed, Al's body WILL return, somehow)

Changing the subject entirely, I've been reading the Gaidens these days and I just help but LMAO at the report Havoc was doing on Roy! ^^
I've never noticed before, but, at a certain point, Roy was going out to a date and Riza tried to make him miss it by overloading him with work. And when she fails (he finishes all of it in less than an hour) she goes to practice with a shotgun, totally crushing the target! lol
That reminds us never to mess with Riza. XD

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Aug 4 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #13318

Turdaewen- Whaaaa? When was that? I need to read that! We definitely don't want to mess with Riza! (Which why I try to give my Royai fanfics happy endings as often as possible.)

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Aug 4 2008, 02:05 PM
Post #13319

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE(jacksparrow589 @ Aug 4 2008, 02:50 PM) *
Turdaewen- Whaaaa? When was that? I need to read that! We definitely don't want to mess with Riza! (Which why I try to give my Royai fanfics happy endings as often as possible.)

It's on the 'Flame Alchemist' Gaiden. That diary that Havoc made of Roy's activities. It is a little... 'between lines', but if you pay attention, you'll get it.

On the third day, it's said Mustang has a date, so he's working fast pace so he can finish early. But as soon as he was leaving Riza comes up to him with an HUGE pile of documents "due to today". But he's so anxious that he finishes it in less than an hour, going to his date, after all.
Soldier Fuery than reports Riza has left for her practice after she received the documents from the Colonel and that he didn't hear the usual noise from her practice. Sgt. Falman that adds that 'Lt. Hawkeye is very brave' and that she wasn't using her normal gun for practice today, but used a shotgun instead and the target was set to pieces.

lol Trully priceless!!

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Imagining_Dark_R...
post Aug 5 2008, 10:49 AM
Post #13320

Citizen

Member No.: 59,856

hiiiiiiii everyone! sorry its been so long since i posted! blame lack of internet, im currently lodging in a four room cabin in the sierras. whee. (i hate it)
i had a RoyAi dream! sort of. Riza was teaching a yeti how to send text messages to Roy. look, i don't get it either, but it made sense in the dream. vaguely.
ahaha yes Riza, that's my girl. bury him under paperwork and there's no time to flirt. You know, if they were birds, they'd have the freakiest courtship dance. lol, sorry, curious.
ive been thinking, and the more i think, the stupider Conqueror of Shamballarammalammakadingitydingdadongshoobopshoowaddawaddayippityboomdeboom was. i mean, "I see dead people"?! "in my blind eye?!1!!11!!1?!!!! *head/desk*
*dies*

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 886 887 888 889 890 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 10:15 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css