HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
FailToImpress
post Nov 26 2009, 03:38 PM
Post #19246

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 62,174

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Nov 26 2009, 10:19 PM) *
Really? I pretty much figured out what he was doing, but it still didn't change the impact of when it happened. I did love the focus on the rest of the team, as it's pretty clear that Roy really does care about his team on equal terms.

lol yep, I mean I knew something was up, but I just couldn't work out what it was. I always miss important things in stories, it never fails. laugh.gif Also, I don't think I've ever read a fic where both have been killed off, much less one of them, it was a shock to the system! god knows how I'd handle something like that happening in the manga... geez.

@DistantBlue: Yep, that's what I loved about it too, and I'm going back to read for clues as well haha. I kind of thought that Riza would've reacted a lot more when she found out what he was upto, though. Yeah, Havoc's shock made you feel it all the more, right?

Well I'm away for a few days so i won't have internet, byebye!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Nov 26 2009, 05:07 PM
Post #19247

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

Well since it seems that a few people are now reading the heavy and depressing "Apotheosis", here's a few light-hearted fics that I dragged out of my favorites on ff.net!

Bright, Unfinished Sky
These next two are hilarious, though the second one doesn't have Roy in it.
Roy Mustang, the Poet
Dinner a Deux

I only have time to read short fics most of the time, so if you're looking for something longer, sorry. I myself really want to write a longer story... but I don't have plot ideas, nor am I able to stick to one story for very long. But I really want to give it a shot one day!

--------------------

+Quote Post
rzerox21xx
post Nov 26 2009, 06:05 PM
Post #19248

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,867

in case pic is not shown.

http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/scans/Fu...ist/item265384/

that pic is made of awesome. it looks like bradely is holding riza hostage with his sword while she topless while Roy is agnozing. not sure to make of it.

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Nov 26 2009, 06:14 PM
Post #19249

State Alchemist (Major)

Wow, that is an amazing scan! I hope for a bigger scan sometime!! I'm sure it will show up at some point.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Nov 26 2009, 06:22 PM
Post #19250

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

QUOTE (FailToImpress @ Nov 26 2009, 03:38 PM) *
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Nov 26 2009, 10:19 PM) *
Really? I pretty much figured out what he was doing, but it still didn't change the impact of when it happened. I did love the focus on the rest of the team, as it's pretty clear that Roy really does care about his team on equal terms.

god knows how I'd handle something like that happening in the manga... geez.

@DistantBlue: Yep, that's what I loved about it too, and I'm going back to read for clues as well haha. I kind of thought that Riza would've reacted a lot more when she found out what he was upto, though. Yeah, Havoc's shock made you feel it all the more, right?

Oh, god. It's still very possible - just because Hawkeye survived 101 doesn't mean they both won't end up biting the dust later, as repetitive as it may be. Can't even think about it.

I loved that Havoc was the voice of the story, and you could really feel his pain and understand him as someone outside the relationship but still extremely close to both Mustang and Hawkeye. Just loved it, and loved the story.

QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Nov 26 2009, 05:07 PM) *
Well since it seems that a few people are now reading the heavy and depressing "Apotheosis", here's a few light-hearted fics that I dragged out of my favorites on ff.net!

Bright, Unfinished Sky

I only have time to read short fics most of the time, so if you're looking for something longer, sorry. I myself really want to write a longer story... but I don't have plot ideas, nor am I able to stick to one story for very long. But I really want to give it a shot one day!

Thanks for the links! I think I'll only look at the non-humorous one.

I actually am so tempted to write a story after Apotheosis, but would never be able to come up with a decent plot and don't have enough writing skill. I've been ranked highly in both writing and reading for my age group (I'm in eighth grade and going to be 14 next Sunday), but don't have nearly enough experience. Maybe one day, LOL.

QUOTE (rzerox21xx @ Nov 26 2009, 06:05 PM) *

Wow, that's interesting. Don't really get why Olivier is in it, and I am mixed about the type of 'fanservice' that we see here of Hawkeye and have been seeing, but overall its a very cool scan. Thanks for the link rzerox21xx!

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Nov 26 2009, 06:26 PM
Post #19251

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (DistantBlue @ Nov 27 2009, 01:22 AM) *
Thanks for the links! I think I'll only look at the non-humorous one.

QUOTE (rzerox21xx @ Nov 26 2009, 06:05 PM) *

Wow, that's interesting. Don't really get why Olivier is in it, and I am mixed about the type of 'fanservice' that we see here of Hawkeye and have been seeing, but overall its a very cool scan. Thanks for the link rzerox21xx!

Nooo DistantBlue don't skip out on "Dinner a Deux"! How could you pass up Barry crack fics? XD Well that's okay..

And as for the scan, I don't think every shot of Riza without a shirt on is considered "fanservice". I think the picture is tasteful enough not to be labeled as such.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Irena
post Nov 26 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #19252

Apprentice

Member No.: 69,592

Hmmm . . . . That's an interesting scan. I guess what bugs me (and other people have mentioned it as well, I'm sure) is that Riza's tattoo is being portrayed as something obviously important despite the fact that there hasn't been any explanation of it. If I hadn't read the manga I'd be a little confused; not everyone may make the connection that "important research = tattoo."

And Roy's expression makes me think it looks like he's being forced by Olivier to watch some horrendously bad soap opera. xD

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Nov 27 2009, 12:32 AM
Post #19253

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (rzerox21xx @ Nov 26 2009, 05:05 PM) *

Thanks for the link and here's a bigger version of the pic:

I have the complete fullsize version if you would prefer that to be posted.

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Nov 27 2009, 01:09 AM
Post #19254

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

I actually tend to like that scan... maybe the lesser thing I like is Roy's expression, too dramatic, but the rest is pretty symbolic and can actually be considered as a hint at Chapters 100 and 101 I suppose.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Miverel
post Nov 27 2009, 04:04 AM
Post #19255

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,027

A nice scan it is wink.gif
I especially like the page with Riza and Bradley! And just like Amestris_Star wrote, it's quite symbolic...

--------------------

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Nov 27 2009, 04:39 AM
Post #19256

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Nov 27 2009, 01:07 AM) *

Bright, Unfinished Sky

I loved it! Again, it showed Breda and all the Mustang-tachi as real personalities and I liked the tone of it (as when you get an overall feeling of a story that goes with throughout reading it)

There's never enough Barry! Crack fic while everybody still acts like themselves for most of the time!

Thanks a lot for the scan, rzerox21xx. I like it, especially the way it's hinting towards manga chapter 100 while it's meant to be mostly about Brotherhood. I don't thing there's any fanservice icluded (not telling fanboys won't like the picture) as it shows the tatto and is not trying to over-sexualize Riza at the same time.

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Nov 27 2009, 09:03 AM
Post #19257

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Nov 26 2009, 06:26 PM) *
Nooo DistantBlue don't skip out on "Dinner a Deux"! How could you pass up Barry crack fics? XD Well that's okay..

And as for the scan, I don't think every shot of Riza without a shirt on is considered "fanservice". I think the picture is tasteful enough not to be labeled as such.

Pfft, fine. I'll read it, LOL. smile.gif

I guess so, since there is no boob shot or anything. Hmm....now that I look at it, it really is more 'tasteful' as you say then erotic.

QUOTE (Irena @ Nov 26 2009, 09:22 PM) *
I guess what bugs me (and other people have mentioned it as well, I'm sure) is that Riza's tattoo is being portrayed as something obviously important despite the fact that there hasn't been any explanation of it. If I hadn't read the manga I'd be a little confused; not everyone may make the connection that "important research = tattoo."

Now that you mention that, it's kinda irksome. Hopefully we get a flashback or something in the upcoming episodes, because waiting until....what, 94 to hear of it again will be hard on the anime-only people who only have been briefly introduced to it in the Ishbal episode and the magazine scans.

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Nov 27 2009, 09:30 AM
Post #19258

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

*pops her head in*

I've been busy with conventions and the flu, so I haven't been around in a bit... *waves to everyone* What did I miss?

@ the magazine pages - Roy needs to calm himself down, but I like the picture of Riza and Bradley for the reasons mentioend before. That's cool!

Right now I'm getting myself to catch up on Brotherhood...I think I'm behind, like, five episode T_T I'm trying to suffer through the Ishbal flashback so I can move on to the other episodes...

BTW: That BarryxRiza fan fic is awesome XD It's always been one of my faves~

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
EveningAlchemist
post Nov 27 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #19259

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,198

QUOTE (rzerox21xx @ Nov 26 2009, 07:05 PM) *

in case pic is not shown.

http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/scans/Fu...ist/item265384/

that pic is made of awesome. it looks like bradely is holding riza hostage with his sword while she topless while Roy is agnozing. not sure to make of it.

Wow, what a picture is all I can say... Riza's super gorgeous (at least Bradley isn't looking at her chest O_o) Roy is rocking the face of ultimate-angst (or in the words of Kit-chan, angry constipation). I see this picture as showing the great pressure Roy and Riza are under, and how tied together they are - tattoo flash says it all. It's also kind of cool how Olivier is shown in cold light while Riza's lighting appears warmer.

And hey, I've never posted here, so I'd just like to say... I LUVS Royai! 'nuff said. dance3.gif (Please excuse bad spelling moment)

One last thing... I drew a picture in the true style of Hiromu Arakawa of what would Roy and Riza's daughter would look like if she grew up and everything. I know some people don't think they'd go and have kids, but it's fun to think about anyway! tongue.gif
Clicky if interested>>> http://EveningAlchemist.deviantart.com/art...x-Roy-141997082

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Nov 27 2009, 06:03 PM
Post #19260

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

^Yeah, yeah! I like the idea of black hair for a daughter as well, I drew some similar concept art (except she was like, 5 lol) Great job! wink.gif

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 06:01 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css