HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do Your Friends/family Know About Fma?, If they do, what are their reactions/attitudes toward your FMA fandom?
Speedy Alchemist
post Apr 3 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #1

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,238

Do Your Friends and Family know about FMA?
And if so, what was their reaction to it? and what do they think of it?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Apr 3 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #2

Apprentice

Member No.: 59,190

Well my brother actually introduced me to Fma,so he likes it biggrin.gif My mom thinks its stupid tongue.gif and no one else in my family really knows about it. One of my old friends is borrowing my DVD'S of fma and she likes it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forgiven
post Apr 3 2009, 04:46 PM
Post #3

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,878

Somewhat.

+Quote Post
Mercy_Alchemist9...
post Apr 4 2009, 02:12 AM
Post #4

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,008

Yeah, my family and friends know about it.
At the moment my parents really couldn't care less what was FMA. (However, I was watching the movie a few weeks ago and my dad came in about when Wrath was fighting Gluttony and said something along the lines of "No wonder you have nightmares" even though it had been a month since I had had one. And strangely my mom walked in when Wrath started spewing the Red Stone liquid from his mouth and when Gluttony started biting down on him and said absolutely nothing. She's the one more likely to shake her finger at me for what I watch. It was odd. 0-0; ) My friend knows about it, and has seen the entire series and now we can start on the new FMA series together and not worry too much about spoiling it to each other!

Though about a year and a half ago my mom would've banned me from the TV had she seen me watching it and my FMA-fan-rants would go over all of my friends' heads. =_=

--------------------
We interrupt this signature for an important question:

If it is not approved allowed to post on a thread that has long since died been "resting" for a while, and each member is allowed to open only one his/her own "art collection" thread for posting his/her artwork in fanart forum, then does that mean I can not post my artworks again on my old art thread?
(No, I'm not looking for "Post it in 'The Beauty of Your own Artwork'" as an answer, thank you!)

<Answer: Yes, of course!! Hope to see many more of your artworks!! :) ~ Board Staff>

Off to Michigan! Be back soon!

+Quote Post
DN-Moonflower-FM...
post Apr 4 2009, 05:01 AM
Post #5

Citizen

Member No.: 61,283

A friend of mine told me about FMA but my family doesn't know about it, if my parents saw me watching it they would ban me from the internet ><.

--------------------
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your signature

+Quote Post
fullmoon
post Apr 4 2009, 05:34 AM
Post #6

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,068

My parents know about it (through seeing FMA posters up in my room and me watching FMA on the plasma tv XD) but they don't watch it with me.
My sister watched a little bit and said "it looks boring", she honestly should watch a bit more *shakes head*. I have tried to get her into it XD We share a computer so when we switch turns, i leave the tabs in Firefox with FMA stuff there XD Like a manga page or a trailer for the new series of FMA (Plus my wallpaper XD). I don't know if she actually sees it though X_X. Oh and when i was reading the manga in the plane she goes "what manga are you reading?". I show her the cover and she goes "Oh, the boring one". XD
Most of my friends aren't really into anime as much as i am...but i have three friends who like FMA as well. They are all excited about the new series. happy.gif

QUOTE (DN-Moonflower-FMA @ Apr 4 2009, 11:01 PM) *
my family doesn't know about it, if my parents saw me watching it they would ban me from the internet ><.

Moonflower-san, wow...that's extreme...why would your parents ban you? sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DN-Moonflower-FM...
post Apr 4 2009, 06:39 AM
Post #7

Citizen

Member No.: 61,283

QUOTE (fullmoon @ Apr 4 2009, 02:34 PM) *
My parents know about it (through seeing FMA posters up in my room and me watching FMA on the plasma tv XD) but they don't watch it with me.
My sister watched a little bit and said "it looks boring", she honestly should watch a bit more *shakes head*. I have tried to get her into it XD We share a computer so when we switch turns, i leave the tabs in Firefox with FMA stuff there XD Like a manga page or a trailer for the new series of FMA (Plus my wallpaper XD). I don't know if she actually sees it though X_X. Oh and when i was reading the manga in the plane she goes "what manga are you reading?". I show her the cover and she goes "Oh, the boring one". XD
Most of my friends aren't really into anime as much as i am...but i have three friends who like FMA as well. They are all excited about the new series. happy.gif

QUOTE (DN-Moonflower-FMA @ Apr 4 2009, 11:01 PM) *
my family doesn't know about it, if my parents saw me watching it they would ban me from the internet ><.

Moonflower-san, wow...that's extreme...why would your parents ban you? sad.gif

Because I spend most of my time on the internet and they have weird ideas about anime.

--------------------
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your signature

+Quote Post
FMA Obsessed
post Apr 4 2009, 12:55 PM
Post #8

Citizen

Member No.: 67,083

My parents know that I watch it and my mom doesn't mind it. Actually, she watches it with me. She likes it.

+Quote Post
AzhiDevn
post Apr 4 2009, 04:12 PM
Post #9

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,052

My friends from school have no idea.
My parents have seen me watching anime, but I'm sure they have no idea how they're called.

Now that I'm in college, I have friends that like anime too, and that's f****** great, 'cuz back on school my classmates were not interested and I got bored of them with their own talking themes.. sleep.gif

--------------------
Ulquiorra Cifer

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Apr 8 2009, 02:58 AM
Post #10

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

yeah my friends know about it. one of them hated the idea at first. then he watched the english dub of episode 3 and loved it. he stopped watching after that though. my other friend groans at the sheer mention of the second series...meh he might enjoy the new series so long as he gets to see kimbleys neck ripped open. well my parents don't really know about it but i was scarred that when i had started watching the episodes that they would scold mr for watching them. however my dad saw wrath die in the film and didn't say anything.

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post
Alzea
post Apr 9 2009, 04:32 AM
Post #11

Alchemists

Member No.: 54,118

My parents know about it, my dad even sometimes watch it with me and he is a fan of Death Note x] My mom thinks it's stupid and childish but she doesn't mind 'till I'm getting good grades xD My school friends know, some of them (plus my english teacher) started watching anime and read because of me and my FMA rants, others don't really care.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cheruu
post Apr 9 2009, 09:27 AM
Post #12

Citizen

Member No.: 67,726

I don't have any friends who read FMA, sadly. Actually, I don't really have any friends who know anything about anime at all. It sucks! ;_;

My parents know about FMA, but they don't really know much about it besides the fact that I like it. Sometimes when I'm at the bookstore with them and I'm buying the latest volume of the manga, they'll want to see what it's about and open it up to a curious page... only to see Scar blowing some guy's brains out. Of all the pages they could have opened to, it had to be THAT... >_<; No wonder they think it's evil. D:

+Quote Post
fullmoon
post Apr 10 2009, 10:04 PM
Post #13

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,068

QUOTE (Mercy_Alchemist94 @ Apr 4 2009, 07:12 PM) *
Yeah, my family and friends know about it.
At the moment my parents really couldn't care less what was FMA. (However, I was watching the movie a few weeks ago and my dad came in about when Wrath was fighting Gluttony and said something along the lines of "No wonder you have nightmares" even though it had been a month since I had had one. And strangely my mom walked in when Wrath started spewing the Red Stone liquid from his mouth and when Gluttony started biting down on him and said absolutely nothing. She's the one more likely to shake her finger at me for what I watch. It was odd. 0-0; ) My friend knows about it, and has seen the entire series and now we can start on the new FMA series together and not worry too much about spoiling it to each other!

Though about a year and a half ago my mom would've banned me from the TV had she seen me watching it and my FMA-fan-rants would go over all of my friends' heads. =_=

Talk about bad timing >_< It's funny how family and friends never pop in to watch at the right time...It always happens when i watch FMA. Then my family just thinks I'm a bit weird XD.

QUOTE (cheruu @ Apr 10 2009, 02:27 AM) *
they'll want to see what it's about and open it up to a curious page... only to see Scar blowing some guy's brains out. Of all the pages they could have opened to, it had to be THAT... >_<; No wonder they think it's evil. D:

Oh gosh, yes. Why...does it always happen!? Then they start having all these strange thoughts about it >_< *shakes head*.
QUOTE (cheruu @ Apr 10 2009, 02:27 AM) *
I don't have any friends who read FMA, sadly. Actually, I don't really have any friends who know anything about anime at all. It sucks! ;_;

Aww...that does suck. How about trying to ease them into it. Let them know you like it and introduce FMA to them =D. It's worth a shot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post May 8 2009, 08:47 PM
Post #14

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

Yeah, my family knows. My mom doesn't care; if I like it, she'll consider it a book, and buy it for me (she says books are educational and good for me...I read a million books a year already, its not like I never read, LAWL). My dad doesn't care. My brother saw the anime but he refuses to read the manga, LAWL. He's waiting until the new anime is over until he watches it because I told him if he watched the new anime i wouldn't force him to read the manga. XD

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post
Prince the Rippe...
post May 10 2009, 03:13 AM
Post #15

Apprentice

Member No.: 47,488

Well seeing as 90% of my friends tend to be anime fans, most of them do know about FMA and love it.

My mom likes it, although she's only watched bits and pieces of it.

So...pretty much: yeah, my friends know and my mom knows of it and both like it.

--------------------
"*LIFE BOTTLE 8D*"
"USE RESURRECTION. YOU HAVE IT."
This is why Tear is better :|

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 06:53 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css