HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Alzea
post Sep 10 2009, 02:23 PM
Post #17806

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 54,118

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Sep 10 2009, 11:00 PM) *
Thing is, she and Roy went through so much sh*t that it would be totally unfair for them to go through so much pain again.

Roy and Riza, especially Roy of course, have already gone through the pain of losing a very close friend. Just imagine if Roy himself has to lose his half, I mean... he'd be downright destroyed. How about his goal? Wow, rebuilding a country would be yes, feasible, but... empty maybe? I'd be truly empty if I lose my other half at the very end of the road we walked through together. It would be friggin' unfair and it would feel bloody pointless. I know it'll be yet another month of rife speculation of whether Riza will die and stuff like that, and trust me, I will try to keep out of it as much as possible if it's going to be that way (and I can safely add that Kale thinks of this issue just like I do).

THIS!

You said exactly what I think. You can add me to the list xP It looks like I should just stay away from this forum for a while because it's just as you said we will get a whole month of theories mainly about Riza's death and I want to stay away from them since it's the worst possible scenario for me, we talked about it a lot (in the royai thread, various topics here and not only), in the end it comes to the point that "we should just wait and see".

Haaaah, good point Kaori Ayanami, I'm sure that in this chapter there won't be anything major about them and about 'Roy opening the gate', it might be possible but we should honestly wait with this at least till release of the full chapter the October.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Sep 10 2009, 02:25 PM
Post #17807

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

Oh God I can't believe someone claimed that the Riza-dies-for-portal thing was true like that! I used to sway back and forth on the issue, but since reading this, I've become pretty sure it isn't happening:

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Aug 9 2009, 10:49 PM) *
Actually, I think he does have to open the Portal himself.

But, at the same time, we don't know exactly WHY and HOW they chose these people as 'possible sacrifices'. Of course ,it has something to do with the ability to open the Portal, but that's not all. IF Wrath was thinking about killing Riza to make Roy open the portal, why would he say 'Mustang is too kind' and not something like 'I know where we can 'push' Mustang'? Roy wouldn't have to be a 'kind' person to be able or willing to resurrect someone. Quite the contrary, he would have to be selfish.
It seemed like Wrath was bringing forth the self-sacrificing side of Roy and not his 'love for a woman'. If that was the case, his 'goodness' wouldn't be an issue, only his ability and his 'trigger' would. And if Wrath is talking about the goodness as a 'trigger', it wouldn't make sense in terms of bringing back someone to life, because that's a selfish act, not a self-sacrificing act. If his good side is a 'weakness' would mean that he would die before seeing anyone get hurt, not the contrary.

More than that, if Roy tried to resurrect Riza, it would bring the whole speech of "Leaders must put the people and welfare before themselves" during the Envy dilemma to the ground. I mean, would he stop, in the middle of a WAR, to plan and to create a theory of human transmutation for a completely selfish purpose, not only against his own goals and beliefs, but also against all Riza stands for and, more than that, knowing he would be contributing towards the goals of people who wanna destroy an entire country?? That's "being kind"??

So, for me, Wrath was not talking about 'Roy being in love with Riza', at chapter 40. He was talking about how Mustang didn't care about his own life and trying to save Riza, Al and Havoc. Which would be on the opposite direction of a human transmutation. And reinforces the idea that human transmutation is not the only way to open the Portal.

So, I reiterate that, for me, killing Riza to make Roy open the gate would make no sense at all. If she dies, it would not be for that.

I think Turdaewen's post pretty much covers everything.

rinoaebastel
- Awesome comic strip, and the omake made me lol.

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Sep 10 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #17808

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

I'm pretty certain it won't happen - it's rereading someone mentioning yet again that disturbs me. Plus that puts negative vibes all over the place which are not appreciated at all.

@Alzea: You're welcome tongue.gif

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Sep 10 2009, 02:42 PM
Post #17809

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

There is no way Mustang would even try to revive Hawkeye, were she dead (which she isn't, thanks heavens). It's not humanly or physically possible and he should know it. But man, was I scared when the spoilers of 99 showed up! So no negative vibes but I must admit I wasn!t so sure myslef about the whole dying thing for a while.

edit---

Turdaewen: yes, I couldn't say it be better. And it seems like Wrath doesn't have a chance to show up and make Roy do anything now. Just saying.

+Quote Post
Fotia
post Sep 10 2009, 03:30 PM
Post #17810

Citizen

Member No.: 70,586

Good to know she's alive~ [highlighted the spoilers, didn't read the spoiler pages]

Yesterday I had a dream about the whole situation and it involved matrix-like music and a bunch of things that MAY happen. I was right about Fuu though... though I have to admit I didn't expect him to die that way. Such a shame. You'll be missed, old man Fuu. Why Fuu? Whyy? D: He was totally awesome... then again, that may be a good thing, him dying, because (don't kill me for this) I don't think Arakawa will kill so many pretty important between small intervals. Which may mean our favorite couple will have a higher chance of living for a while because of the grace period we get from Fuu? I dunno. (I'm probably not making any sense here.) Arakawa always surprises me.

Sorry about opening the box of negative vibes guys. e__o; I totally didn't think through it. What I thought was pretty stupid of me. tongue.gif

I think I better skim though the entire thread first... [yes, all 1188 pages -shudder-]

@SneakyRuler; I think Wrath is going to die now...since he doesn't have a billion lives (cause he only got one soul in him, I believe) like the other homonunculi, and that wound to his side is probably going to be fatal. Probably.

--------------------
[ ]

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Sep 10 2009, 05:24 PM
Post #17811

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

Actually, now that we're discussing this and RoyXRizaFan brought that post of mine forth, I kinda had an idea of how they might be able to make Roy want to open the portal: by telling him they're going to kill Ed and Al.
I can totally see him doing something to save the Elrics. After all, they have been abducted.

It, in fact, makes more sense to me, in regards to chap. 40 than killing Riza.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Sep 10 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #17812

Member No.: 52,558

Intersting thoughts about Roy opening the portal because Ed and Al are in there Turdaewen. Can you imagine how furious Ed would be if he had to owe Roy for something like that?

I have the feeling that we will always have the "will Riza die?" conversation, at least until the manga is over. Arakawa always does surprise us, but I don't think she will "surprise" us in that way. After all very angry fangirls will rise up, charge into Japan and demand that the ending of FMA is changed so that it show Roy and Riza together. Or at least I will do that.

+Quote Post
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Sep 10 2009, 09:00 PM
Post #17813

Alchemists

Member No.: 65,533

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Sep 10 2009, 06:24 PM) *
Actually, now that we're discussing this and RoyXRizaFan brought that post of mine forth, I kinda had an idea of how they might be able to make Roy want to open the portal: by telling him they're going to kill Ed and Al.
I can totally see him doing something to save the Elrics. After all, they have been abducted.

Oh my. This makes sense! A lot of good sense too! Really, really good theory, Turdawen! It's good to have you on these boards to keep us all levelheaded about the whole RizaZOMGDEATH! issue. You always come in with a calm explanation when some of the rest of us are going crazy. Thanks for that!

And @FMAobsessed-- I'd definitely be right there with you. The rabidly obsessed fangirl in me would go ballistic. For sure. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Sep 10 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #17814

Member No.: 52,558

@The_Twilight_Trinity Yay! I have a follower.

That isn't suppose to sound weird in any way. But I am consistantly refreshing this website for more 99 news, and of course more news on our favourite couple.

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Sep 10 2009, 09:26 PM
Post #17815

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

QUOTE (The_Twilight_Trinity @ Sep 10 2009, 09:00 PM) *
QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Sep 10 2009, 06:24 PM) *

Oh my. This makes sense! A lot of good sense too! Really, really good theory, Turdawen! It's good to have you on these boards to keep us all levelheaded about the whole RizaZOMGDEATH! issue. You always come in with a calm explanation when some of the rest of us are going crazy. Thanks for that!

This makes sense...especially since there are so many similarities to the first anime.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Sep 10 2009, 09:29 PM
Post #17816

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Okay, but now we have another issue: should Roy open the portal, wouldn't he have to make a sacrifice? How would that work? And would we lose him forever? Now that I'm not worried as much about Riza (not that I have been very much), I'm starting to worry about Roy and opening the portal. But there's still the possibility that someone (my vote's on Hoho) will throw a monkey wrench in those plans and save the day, and THAT'S basically all that's keeping my hope alive right now.

Fotia--Our most recent "Will Riza Die?" convo on this thread took place... relatively recently. Between 95's release and now. I think everyone made their feelings clear at that point. A lot of really good points were brought up, too.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
rinoaebastel
post Sep 11 2009, 01:22 AM
Post #17817

Apprentice

Member No.: 69,455

what if....scar is the sacrifice to open the portal? like he was the "sacrifice" to create the philosophal stone in the old anime... that was on my mind long ago.

PS: im glad all enjoy the comic, laugh, and cheer up with it. that makes me happy. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Sep 11 2009, 07:15 AM
Post #17818

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

Yeah... I thought that about Scar as well...
I`m sorta worried about Roy as well, but not as worried, though. I have no idea what he`ll use to open the portal, but it`s pretty clear right now that human transmutation is not the only way: Gluttony is a pretty good example of that. A philosopher stone would do the job just fine... but there might be other alternatives as well. We`ll have to wait and see. XD

But I still stick with my opinion that chapter 40 wasn`t related specifically to Riza, let alone as a romantic connection and using her as bait in that sense. It would be completely incoherent with the idea of him being a `good, self sacrificing person`.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Mindy
post Sep 11 2009, 06:36 PM
Post #17819

Citizen

Member No.: 70,986

Good gravy, over 1,000 posts?!?! tongue.gif

I also like this couple, too and they were actually my favorite couple in the 1st anime series. They have this presence about them when they're on-screen (or paper) that demands your attention.

One particular "Royai" moment stands in my mind: when Riza says "Don't go where I can't follow." I love that!

--------------------

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Sep 12 2009, 12:54 AM
Post #17820

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

QUOTE (Mindy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:36 AM) *
"Don't go where I can't follow." I love that!

Who doesn't love that biggrin.gif. But you know what? That was a misstranslation.
She said something about "animalistic side" again instead of this phrase.
The translators who (almost allways) give their translations to (for example) onemanga.com, they are Royai fans, that's why they do so biggrin.gif Or at least I think so.

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 11:27 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css