HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
New FMA Movie: "嘆きの丘の聖なる星" discussion Thread; movie info on the first post! (Spoiler warning!), This thread is now closed. Please use new thread. ^^
Vlyse
post Jul 4 2010, 09:16 AM
Post #61

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,791

I've never seen the Eureka Seven movie, but wasn't it just an alternate retelling of the story? (Just fyi for those who dont know...Eureka Seven is another anime by BONES.)

In any case, I don't see how an alternate retelling is more possible than any of the other possibilities, if even possible at all considering Brotherhood IS the alternate retelling.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Seeker of Truth
post Jul 4 2010, 09:54 AM
Post #62

Citizen

Member No.: 28,876

QUOTE (BirdieNumNum @ Jul 4 2010, 05:44 AM) *
I really hope the movie isn't a condensed version of the show. That would be totally pointless, not to mention impossible to cram 64 episodes worth of material in without cutting out so many things that made FMA such a great series to begin with.

QUOTE (Flamez_Freak @ Jul 4 2010, 09:00 AM) *
bcoz bones has no history of creating MOVIE RECAPS.....(reflections was an oVA)
Refections maybe consider an OVA but it was a complex clips recap that cover all the important parts of FMA 1 in 55 or so minutes.

+Quote Post
Ducard
post Jul 4 2010, 10:19 AM
Post #63

Citizen

Member No.: 74,611

I think a recap is most likely, despite how redundant it would be to have yet another adaptation.

Brotherhood's execution was so hit-or-miss that an alternate version could be nice, depending on how it's put together.

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Jul 4 2010, 10:33 AM
Post #64

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,737

To those suggesting a single compilation movie, I have another twist on the compilation idea: A trilogy. It's been done before in anime (usually Gundam series) and it allows for a lot less editing. I can just imagine:

First arc tells the story up until the battle with Lust in ep 19 as the climax. Second one covers from the aftermath of that battle until the six month time skip. Third film covers the "Promised Day" arc.

Actually, that would still require an insane amount of editing, so I'm not sure if I'm a fan of that too...

Personally I'm more in support of either a followup in Xing, or perhaps a story dealing with some straggling threat from a surviving general who was in on the plot with Father, or maybe even a side story that took place in one of the time skips in the series.

And if they do pick up after the end of the series, I want to see more Royai.

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jul 4 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #65

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

^If it's this i.e. if it's a continuation with more Royai, Riza needs to shave his moustache tongue.gif

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jul 4 2010, 11:02 AM
Post #66

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

^But don't you think it looks rather fetching? Mad Photoshop skillz right there.

Joking, it looks weird, so shaving is a priority. biggrin.gif

Personally, I don't think FMA needs ANOTHER alternative ending, so I'm hoping it's as people mentioned- something with Ishval...or maybe even part of the plot could be dealing with Xing or countries surrounding Amestris that have shaky relations...or something. xD Anything but another remake.

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jul 4 2010, 11:08 AM
Post #67

QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Jul 4 2010, 08:02 PM) *
[font="Book Antiqua"]^But don't you think it looks rather fetching? Mad Photoshop skillz right there.

[size=3]Joking, it looks weird, so shaving is a priority. biggrin.gif

Pfftttt, no please, he looks funny, not serious and empowering as he should be as a General. That thing just defeats the purpose.

And not to go off-topic... the issue between the remake and the numerous plots that can be tackled remains too much an open-ended question at this point in time.

--------------------

Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Gimpyhair
post Jul 4 2010, 11:13 AM
Post #68

Alchemists

Member No.: 68,172

QUOTE (Vlyse @ Jul 4 2010, 12:16 PM) *
I've never seen the Eureka Seven movie, but wasn't it just an alternate retelling of the story? (Just fyi for those who dont know...Eureka Seven is another anime by BONES.)

In any case, I don't see how an alternate retelling is more possible than any of the other possibilities, if even possible at all considering Brotherhood IS the alternate retelling.

About Eureka seven movie (by Bones):
The movie story did not start after the last episode: it was an alternate story, but set around the same characters and the same universe. Bones re-used many scenes (such as fighting scenes), but overall the movie had a different story than the anime.
But unlike FMA, Eureka Seven's original story is the anime, not the manga.

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jul 4 2010, 11:14 AM
Post #69

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

@Amestris Star I jest, I jest. Don't worry, 'twas but a joke...it looks bloody ridiculous. wink.gif

But yeah, I agree. We can speculate about all sorts at this point in time- we haven't got a whole lot to go off; only an announcement and year of release. xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jul 4 2010, 11:27 AM
Post #70

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

>_< A Pierrot's Aria, that picture gave me chills! Stooop! XD

After reading through all these pages, I'd like to nominate penguintruth as the FMA movie writer plz&thx. XD Those summaries were hilarious!

You know what's scary to think about? If the movie is a giant FLASHBACK narrated by Ed or something. I hate flashbacks!!! I want an entirely new concept! Still hoping for that Ishval war movie... ^^ Oh, and no next generation... I agree with BirdieNumNum about how we've gotten so involved with the characters, that the offspring really don't mean much.

--------------------

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Jul 4 2010, 11:30 AM
Post #71

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

The movie will be about Mustangs moustache. About how Mustang decided to let one grow, about the whole central laugh about him because of his moustache and Riza who said "when you keep your moustache, I will cut my hair". And how she did.

And now seriously:
I don't want it to be a spinoff, an alternate ending or just the whole story in some tiny movie.
I want it to be missing scenes, more future stories about (just to be sure I won't spoil anyone) the kids of Ed, Al's marriage and so on.

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jul 4 2010, 11:40 AM
Post #72

QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Jul 4 2010, 08:14 PM) *
@Amestris Star I jest, I jest. Don't worry, 'twas but a joke...it looks bloody ridiculous. wink.gif

But yeah, I agree. We can speculate about all sorts at this point in time- we haven't got a whole lot to go off; only an announcement and year of release. xD

Don't worry biggrin.gif I might have sounded serious, but just like you said, that looks bloody ridiculous tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
rzerox21xx
post Jul 4 2010, 11:41 AM
Post #73

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,867

I got a good idea for the movie.

instead the title would be Fullmetal Alchemist: Fatherhood. what you think

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jul 4 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #74

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

@mellulah I would enjoy a live action movie too but only if it's done right. But it seems very few know how to do anime live action well without screwing it up. I don't think the world is ready for live action FMA. I would take years to do it right.

As for a new anime movie, I hope it continues the story with Roy and his gang. That is was I was thinking when I saw little closure with them in the manga. Of course a continuing story Ed, Al, Winry etc would be nice too. I'd like to see what happens to them in the future. Don't worry though, I'm sure it won't be about them getting married and all the trouble their kids are giving them as teenagers. tongue.gif

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Ama-ri
post Jul 4 2010, 12:34 PM
Post #75

Citizen

Member No.: 73,157

I really hope it isn't a recap. I mean the recap movies for Gurren-Lagann were pretty epic and all, but i just hope that they'll be a bit more imaginative. I've only seen 2 movies by BONES so far: CoS (ew) and the Eureka7 Movie. But I got bored halfway and stopped. (I wanted to continue some other time but I didn't so far.)
So I don't know what to expect.

possibilities I would be happy with:

- Ishbal story
- Some sort of continuation (either ed/al travelling or next generation) <- I would prefer this one.
- Adaption of a novel (however, I don't think they're epic enough for a movie. Maybe "the abducted alchemist" but I'm not sure...)
- some other sort of original story set in the time span between becoming a state alchemist and lior (preferably written by arakawa herself. or at least with her help)

what I would dislike:

- a recap (even if they do 2 or 3 parts...)
- an alternate retelling
- a story set in the time span of the original timeline. because it would be one big plothole...

I think the possibility for a recap movie is quite low (since it would have been the THIRD retelling of the story...) I don't know about the alternate retelling (knowing A Pocket Full of Rainbows (Eureka 7)) but I think the possibility is quite low as well.
Let's wait for the first details and see what they're planning.
I'm excited anyway.

--------------------

Signature & Avatar Artwork by Me

Deviantart | Weblog (ger)

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 09:52 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css