HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Your Opinions And Emotions After Watching The Cos Movie?, Let's talk about the FMA movie here! (Spoiler Warning!)
Rating 3 V
How did you feel after watching the movie?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 303
Guests cannot vote 
SwiftFeather
post Jun 12 2007, 07:10 PM
Post #91

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,158

It made me cry out of both happiness and sadness. sad.gif

because of al... [spoiler]he actually followed ed to the other side and got trapped there with him... and they cannot use alchemy anymore... so sad!!! X([/spoiler]

--------------------
SHIROTA YUU <3
ROOKIES

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Plasmajosh
post Jul 28 2007, 11:37 PM
Post #92

Citizen

Member No.: 48,498

SOME MILD SPOILERS WITHIN

I've just finished watching the entire series on DVD including the Movie and i have to say that i don't like the way that it ended. It is both sad and good - it ends on good terms with everyone getting pretty much what they set out for, but it's just different from what you'd expect.

It seems quite sad that this group that we have become accustomed to seeing together has been split apart and there seems no way for it to be brought back together. But it also does a good job of leaving it alone and making sure not to turn it into one of those money-mongering shows that goes from a great story in the first series to a joke and loss of intentions and ideals in a second showing.

It almost seems like it ends abruptly like there is supposed to be more, but directors decided not to take it further in the fears that it may conform to the way that these stories are usually told and hurt what is created through out the series.

It might seem like it's really stupid to have the movie end that way but after all that was said throughout the series about Equivalent Exchange and the gate that pulls off limbs and kills people, do you think that they could have changed everything back to normal without having some really big really stupid "insert plot device here" moment?

Like i said it is sad for it to have ended like that but it's the best the director could do without breaking his own rules/conventions that were setup in the series.

It's better to think "Man it seems like there should be more" and have a somewhat well rounded ending, rather than have a moment where all the characters of FullMetal make a human chain through the gate and pull the Elrics back through and say "That was a stupid excuse for an ending that makes no sense at all."

--------------------

+Quote Post
MrsAlphonseElric
post Aug 2 2007, 07:28 AM
Post #93

Citizen

Member No.: 48,755

I was sad, but I was happy

I was happy because the Elric brothers are finally together again, and I'm SUPER happy that Al has gotten his body back, but it saddened me because Winry, Roy, and all their other friends are on the other side of the gate. And, then all those people had to die...Alphons Heiderich, Honenheim, Wrath...it was really sad, but I'm just happy that Al and Ed are together again.

--------------------
"Science that doesn't benefit people is no science at all!!" -Alphonse Elric

"I wanna be by your side brother, no matter what." -Alphonse Elric

"I love dogs!" -Roy Mustang

"Don't call me small! I'll break off your feet and stick 'em on your head!!" -Edward Elric

~~If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands together and drawing an array, copy and paste this onto your signature~~

+Quote Post
piggy
post Aug 15 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #94

Citizen

Member No.: 48,997

the movie and the anime itself was great especially with all the real life emotions

but i was really mad that they changed the whole thing.

it became TOTALLY different from the manga
and i love the manga

but the movie was awesome!

--------------------

credits:&_haengbok

+Quote Post
adriel
post Aug 18 2007, 10:15 AM
Post #95

Citizen

Member No.: 49,694

I felt good for the bros but it was sad, and I thought "great, another bittersweet ending for a good anime."

I have yet to watch a series that ends REALLY well without spoiling the beauty of its ending. I want to believe that it's possible. It's not like there's a law saying that "The best anime endings are bittersweet endings."

+Quote Post
Winter Phantom
post Aug 18 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #96

Apprentice

Member No.: 45,591

I was happy for Ed and Al but sad since they left their friends(wouldn't call Roy exactly a friend to Ed)on the other side.T-T Not even a hello and good bye to Pinako! But it also made me happy since the Elric Brothers are renuited once more!!

--------------------

I am sane. It's this world that's crazy.
Kariya Jin (Bleach)

Kariya Jin, Bleach

+Quote Post
saponin
post Aug 19 2007, 02:25 AM
Post #97

Citizen

Member No.: 41,154

im happy for ed & al getting together again, but i was disappointed because the other characters werent developed as much as i hoped.

i mean Roy and Riza, COME ON! tongue.gif they had like 0.000000001ths of the screen time. :/

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Aug 21 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #98

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

I'd have to say I'm not happy at all with the way BONES ended it, the only good thing at all about it is that Ed and Al got to live in the same world.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chibi_Girl29
post Aug 25 2007, 02:57 AM
Post #99

Apprentice

Member No.: 44,004

Happy yet sad because it wasn't a happy ending and there probably won't be any more to FMA. happy.gif
Too bad that BONES really focused on ED's story in the movie.... They' should've focused a litlle bit more on Roy's story (i don't really understand why he's in the middle of ''north pole'' or something. And wy did he became a croporal ?)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caribe
post Sep 7 2007, 05:45 PM
Post #100

Citizen

Member No.: 50,602

QUOTE(Chibi_Girl29 @ Aug 25 2007, 02:57 AM) *
Happy yet sad because it wasn't a happy ending and there probably won't be any more to FMA. happy.gif
Too bad that BONES really focused on ED's story in the movie.... They' should've focused a litlle bit more on Roy's story (i don't really understand why he's in the middle of ''north pole'' or something. And wy did he became a croporal ?)

Right, I felt the same. Plotholes is the real enemy in this movie. Which are the missing scenes that appear on the DVD?

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Sep 7 2007, 07:55 PM
Post #101

Lt. General

Member No.: 37,703

Roy became a corporal because he refused to use alchemy, therefore, he got demoted. You also gotta think about it - he overthrew the Fuhrer. He still technically committed treason, even if it was for the right reasons. So demotting would've been like a slap on he wrist.

Why he was at the north border is another story. Plot holes ran rampant in this movie. Ugh.

--------------------
My icon comm

"I can't stand RoyxHughes (he's married and has a daughter!)"
Popo: "Brace for Fushi! *cowers*"

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Sep 8 2007, 05:12 AM
Post #102

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Sep 7 2007, 07:55 PM) *
Roy became a corporal because he refused to use alchemy, therefore, he got demoted. You also gotta think about it - he overthrew the Fuhrer. He still technically committed treason, even if it was for the right reasons. So demotting would've been like a slap on he wrist.

Why he was at the north border is another story. Plot holes ran rampant in this movie. Ugh.

Well, I'm working on a major essay about Roy's situation (similar to my Nazi Hughes piece). But the jist of it is that Roy self-exiled himself to the North out of major personal reasons (betrayed his ideals, betrayed his friend's memory, suffering a big pile of grief, a possible 'death-magnet' mindset, etc).
BTW, does anyone notice it took two years for Breda and Havoc to visit Roy? Although their reactions to him portray that they haven't seen him for a while, I doubt they were that busy in Central not to look up their former boss until then.
However, before one screams 'plot hole', a possible answer is that Roy's station at the North Border was relatively recent. To explain the lack of contact, I can assume emo Roy took a major leave of absence, going missing for a year or so, then turning up at Drachma.

Claudius

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Sep 8 2007, 10:25 AM
Post #103

Lt. General

^That's likely that he took the station recently. He would've taken a long time to recover from his injuries too...

--------------------
My icon comm

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
~*Sloth*~
post Sep 8 2007, 12:29 PM
Post #104

Citizen

Member No.: 48,152

I was happy yet sad that it had to end >.<
I mean a lot of characters died. T-T
Alfons was one of them and he was so
adoreable but it was so sad that he had turboculosis(sp?)
But i thought that the ending was better than them being seperate.
That would have really been sad.
And i also thought that the sudden death of Izumi shocked me.
But then again it was likely to happen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Sep 8 2007, 06:07 PM
Post #105

Lt. General

Better and more interesting (not to mention hotter) fictional characters have died of TB than Alfons.

Satine for example. T_T

Seriously, Alfons was entirely pointless. He didn't really do anything till towards the end. Otherwise he had like...5 scenes. >>

--------------------
My icon comm

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 02:43 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css