HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 107 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Rating 5 V
Vagrant
post May 13 2010, 01:30 AM
Post #331

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,830

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ May 11 2010, 03:20 PM) *
QUOTE (Vagrant @ May 11 2010, 08:14 AM) *
Father's powers kind of annoy me. Forcefields and energy blasts and weird ground stuff. It just doesn't feel FMA enough to me.
This is what I've been feeling for the last couple of chapters now. It all feels a bit too much.

Maybe the forcefields is actually restructuring the composition of the air and in some way immensly increasing its density...? XD
I'd kill for a scientifical explanation like that. XD

Animeoldtimer:
That's a pretty interesting point about the page.

Qashqai:
Haha, that's cool. I like the idea of the Truth having a family, as well.
"Truthy-wuthy? Are you stealing body parts again?"
"Shut up, mom! Get back in the door! God! You never give me any privacy when I'm trying to be ominous!"

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jdale
post May 13 2010, 03:58 AM
Post #332

Citizen

Member No.: 70,631

I don't really post much here, and I just started following FMA some two years ago when our teacher in creative writing required us to watch it as a background for making fanfics. Yeah, and I love her for that. And now it's gonna end!
107 really brought everything to the top of the pyramid. I can't wait for it to be animated! I think I might get a headache with all the stuff going on, though XD

The thing is that if Ed does regain all his limbs back, the title Fullmetal won't apply anymore. Well, it is ending anyway. But the bolts sure are...unpleasant.

+Quote Post
ramencat
post May 13 2010, 07:06 AM
Post #333

Citizen

Member No.: 72,594

In regards to Fathers forcefields, I think he's directly converting the souls in his stone into some sort of matter, or maybe highly condensed energy, to make the forcefields. Or maybe he could be polarizing the molecules in the air to repel a substance of different polarity? ... Wow. Chemistry class actully IS usefull.

+Quote Post
MsLinn
post May 13 2010, 03:30 PM
Post #334

Apprentice

Member No.: 72,213

QUOTE (ramencat @ May 13 2010, 04:06 PM) *
In regards to Fathers forcefields, I think he's directly converting the souls in his stone into some sort of matter, or maybe highly condensed energy, to make the forcefields. Or maybe he could be polarizing the molecules in the air to repel a substance of different polarity? ... Wow. Chemistry class actully IS usefull.

I'm highly suspisious of "forcefields" in FMA, haha! I'm acctually leaning against dense air.
And the molecules in air are gases, unpolar. If you polarice them, the intermoleculary forces (dipole-dipole interactions) will grow stronger and you will get...liquid air...? XD It will also cause a chain reaction, and God knows where we end up! Our lungs are not built to breath liqiud, even though that guy did it in that old moive with the gigant alien-face in the dessert-planet...
It's so much fun talking about how you expect FMA to be super seriously realistic, when, I quote Seita at zomgfta.duelstandby.com/
Why am I talking about realism when in the latest chapter the big bad turned into some octopus-blob, practiced occultism leading to giant eyes opening in the bodies of various main characters, then sucking out thesouls of every inhabitant in the country, turned into a giant cyclops that crawls out of some huge ridiculously enormour doors that appeared out of the ground, had similiar huge doors appear in the sky, apparently ate God, and then turned into a copy of teenager Hohenheim, except shirtless and with his hair down?

I just have such high standards/hope for Arakawa-sensei...

I've been wondering if twins have their gates in the same dimension, like Ed and Al (and, yes, Broken Chouchou, I guess it's cause their...souls or mind...got mixed up.) I wonder if they will have, when both have their bodies safe and sound, that special connection that you imagine identical twins have? Like "If something happen to him, I would feel it!")
And were did Al's Truth go...? Maybe he's just standing there behind him somewhere...Which reminds me, the brothers' Thruths would have been hanging out all this time, they could have sparred or armwrestled to keep Al's body and Ed's limbs in good shape! Bad style, Thruths!

@jdale -- I want to have your teacher! >.>' ...To teach me... >///< Gah, that came out wrong...

(God, I'm thankfull that this site saves my post when I try to post again, before the 60 sec, and when I accidently click some button I can just go back a page and it's still there! I've had lots of messages dissappearing on both YouTube and fanfiction.net...)

--------------------

Long live the love we shared. In our Fullmetal hearts.

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post May 14 2010, 12:01 AM
Post #335

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

Tbh it seems to weird to question how Father's forcefield works when we've had Pride running around for ages now being near impossible to explain how his powers work. On top of that, in the very first volume, Arakawa herself said that she wanted to series to have a b-movie feel and for her audience to question how on Earth the alchemy is working most of the time.

Needless to say the forcefield didn't bother me in the slightest.

There was a lot to love in this chapter;

- Oliveir handing command over to Alex is a great moment, and shows that he's earned her respect once more. Same for the moment where she congratulates Buccaneer on his work, albeit post-mortum. I do worry about Scar however; though I am excited that we'll probably learn his name next chapter (Arakawa has said his name is be revealed eventually)

- The fight was epic, what else can you say? Seeing all those characters appearing one after another, just pounding on Father was amazing. I loved Greed in the fight as well. SO Greed's desire is have friends? This explains a lot (Greed flew into a insane rage after he got his memories back, specifically his memories of Wrath killing his friends) but is also pretty interesting. What did Father say? "Your interests mirror my own?"

- Al's sacrifice was an amazing moment, and Ed's reaction was awesome. I have no more to say on that.

- Weird nitpick with the scanlation. Not to criticise but I really think the poignence of the moment is kinda lost in the MangaStream scanlation when Ed tells Ftaher to stand up at the end. Every other translation we got picked up on teh fact Ed is pretty much repeating his line from the first chapter; here he's saying teh same thing, but swearing and not using the term 'third rate fraud' so I dunno. Still an amazing scanlation guys however!

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
MsLinn
post May 14 2010, 02:20 AM
Post #336

Apprentice

Member No.: 72,213

QUOTE (Jealous Rogo @ May 14 2010, 09:01 AM) *
Tbh it seems to weird to question how Father's forcefield works when we've had Pride running around for ages now being near impossible to explain how his powers work. On top of that, in the very first volume, Arakawa herself said that she wanted to series to have a b-movie feel and for her audience to question how on Earth the alchemy is working most of the time.

Needless to say the forcefield didn't bother me in the slightest.

Oh, well, it's still fun to speculate!

--------------------

Long live the love we shared. In our Fullmetal hearts.

+Quote Post
His Name is Unkn...
post May 16 2010, 05:12 PM
Post #337

Apprentice

Member No.: 40,795

Long time no see, everyone (if anyone even remembers me anymore ohmy.gif)...

As amends for my less than complimentary remarks on the FMA Brotherhood board, I thought I'd balance my own personal yin-yang with an abundance of positives comments for this chapter!

First off - Al's transmutation: what a scene! I've been waiting to see how this would unravel ever since FMA1 anime's climactic episodes got me thinking about how the alternate manga universe would handle the brother's sacrifice. Having witnessed Arakawa's vision, I must admit - despite my love for series 1 - thematically, the fact that Al sacrifices himself out of necessity rather than out of selflessness dovetails far better with the brother's Rain of Sorrows resolution to never give up on life. Even in 'death' (soul sacrifice?), Al continues to hold out hope he will be saved, empowering Ed with his final words: "Win, brother." To the end, Al refused to let another suffer, protecting his own brother even at the cost of all he had fought to regain. So many threads of narrative united with a single clap - this, to me, is the true genius of Fullmetal Alchemist - the author's constant awareness of each action's place in the bigger picture.

Second - leave it to Greed to cut Olivier down to size; I never connected much with the 'northern wall of briggs' until that argument between her and Greed. It. was. hilarious. Get off your high horse" indeed. It's nice to see that Olivier is finally starting to trust her brother, and that Greed has admitted that he just wanted some friends...

...although it would have been even better if he had amended his admission of a desire for friendship with something to the effect of "yes, I've always wanted friends like this...strong friends...to roam around looting and pillaging!!! laugh.gif ) That seems like the greedy thing to do.

Third - I really enjoyed Ed's attack during the last 10 or so pages...his use of all the techniques and skills he has acquired during his journey to lay the smack down on father lends this showdown the feeling of finality it deserves. A few points in particular impressed me:

- Pain tolerance from being impaled during the Kimbley fight to shrug off his impalement
- Destruction/decomposition for destroying the re-barb, thus escaping Father's trap
- The return of Ed's arm/clap alchemy as the result of the fruit of his long journey with Al and his brother's heroic sacrifice
- Creation/transmutation on a massive scale due to the efforts of Scar and his fellow Ishvalans in activating the reverse transmutation circle
- The classic spear which....ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING THIS TIME. Seriously, a moment for the ages - Ed actually did some damage with that friggin thing!
- The epic pose which brings the entire series full circle back to episode one. Father is nothing more than a third-rate fraud like Father Cornello (at least he's got some hair, though biggrin.gif )

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post May 17 2010, 12:43 AM
Post #338

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

I thought it was awesome to see the spear being of use too. FINALLY, after an entire series of failure after failure - even in the hands of Al - it got to prove itself. And I like how it's the very first weapon Ed transmutes in the series, for his very first battle, and the one he uses last in the very last battle. After humiliation and humiliation it got it's revenge! ^^

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post May 18 2010, 06:16 AM
Post #339

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 66,548

Wha . I didn't know the spear did some damage . . I thought father created a passage in himself so that the spear could pass through . . Runs to look at the scan . smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
lunneth
post May 20 2010, 01:42 PM
Post #340

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

jesus christ ed went freaking crazy on the father. pulling that peice of wire out through his arm? christ

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post May 23 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #341

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

Does anyone know the exact day that chapter 108 is released in Japan?

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post May 23 2010, 03:55 PM
Post #342

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

^It would be 11th of June.

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/107/69/

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
AA battery
post May 23 2010, 10:15 PM
Post #343

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ May 23 2010, 03:55 PM) *

*face palms at the your -> you're mistake*

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Trakonda
post May 24 2010, 05:53 AM
Post #344

Apprentice

Member No.: 52,583

XD

Noo, 11th june? I'll be going to an anime convention with my friends on the 12th. How am I supposed to enjoy that when I know the last chapter is already out.. I'll be dying to get back home and on my laptop! ;_;

But yeah.. I constantly find myself re-reading this chapter over and over again, it's just that epic. smile.gif Awesome stuff!

+Quote Post
AA battery
post May 24 2010, 06:59 PM
Post #345

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

I have only re-read 107 once...

Though I know I'll reread from chapter 1 once I read 108. ;w;

I bought May issue GanGan (chapter 106) yesterday from a local bookstore and they lost the Edward Elric pen that's supposed to come with it. GRRRRR. ;___;

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 07:54 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css