HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4228 Pages V  « < 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Penny for your thoughts? (don't expect "real" money here... XD), Please share what's happening on your life/your current thoughts
Rating 5 V
Elderberry
post Nov 2 2011, 07:13 PM
Post #63316

Moderator Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 726

..wowies, it's been so long since I've last come here (according to the site 3+ years hahaha), pretty crazy how different the subforum organization looks now. XD Nice to see that this thread is still alive after all this time, hehe. <2 I wonder if anyone who remembers me is still around...8D

Various recent thoughts:

- NYCC a couple weeks back was really fun...wish I hadn't been so sleep-deprived all weekend so I could've been around for more of it. Had a lot of fun helping out at the niconico streaming booth, though. If anyone hangs around on that site you might catch me messing around doing live streams in cosplay...8D

- Just finished Shakugan no Shana season 1 today, fiiinally~ Saw the movie a couple years back but never got around to watching the actual series, and now season 3 is airing so I have lots of catching up to do... The series took a little while to really pick up but I enjoyed watching it overall, I think I will need to do a bunch of Shana cosplays now...

- It's getting really cold out these days...no one rang the doorbell at all for candy on Halloween night, I was surprised. XD

@Pyroclasm: ZOMG YOUR GOLDEN SUN SIGNATURE!! *__*

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -
Currently designated as Marvelous Mechanic of the P!MP Mobile for the GP.
I've taken Foolmetal-kun under my wing as my GP Deshi-in training.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hanozo
post Nov 2 2011, 07:18 PM
Post #63317

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,469

ELDERBERRY!!!! I REMEMBER YOUUUUUU biggrin.gif

- anyways.............I......I got nothing to say now :| My mind's a blank tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Nov 3 2011, 01:33 AM
Post #63318

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

^ Congrats for 700th post, Pyroclasm! ^^

Everyone, sorry for not posting much lately. sad.gif I've been under the weather. who-let-rip.png

CT
- ZOMG!! EKE-san~~~~!! wub.gif (For those who may not know, that's how we called Elderberry-san ^^) *hugs* Missed you~~~!!
.....Yes, we changed the forums a bit. xp I'm becoming one of the old-timers still remaining and active, but we have tons of awesome members who joined the board while you were gone. Hope you will stick around and get to meet them! ^^

- Halloween is over. I didn't get to enjoy it much this year, but the good thing is I got lots of leftover Halloween candies for myself. xp

- Wait, it's November already?! mellow.gif

- New FMA movie is coming to U.S. soon (it's coming to theaters this Winter, but it's already being shown in Film Festivals around the country). Got to update all the movie info on the board. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Nov 3 2011, 07:23 AM
Post #63319

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

@jacksparrow589 Hope things have been less stressful for you and I'm glad your computer is fixed now. biggrin.gif

@Pyroclasm I can't stand temperatures of 20 degrees (or above) either. laugh.gif I remember my Latin teacher laughing at me when I told her. She said that I wouldn't be able to survive living in Italy (where she originally comes from) if I thought 20 degrees Celsius was too hot. xD

@Elderberry Welcome back --always great to see old members returning!

@Tombow Hope you get better soon. hug.gif

CTs:

- The past few weeks have been kind of stressful. Not only with essays and stuff, but with problems with our house. I was sat in the kitchen last week and saw a mouse (possibly two) run behind the washing machine. The landlord thankfully gave us some mouse/rat poison to put out. The pile nearest to the fridge was eaten up two times, but in the end, that won't solve the problem of how they're getting in the house in the first place. :S

We spoke to him about it earlier (as well as other problems) but he basically implied that I could have been lying about the bait being eaten and that he doesn't see how the other problems we raised were an issue. So we're going to view some new houses for next year in a couple of hours. Hopefully they'll be nice, vermin-free houses. xD

- Completed two of my philosophy essays, now to start on my history essay... DX

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pyroclasm
post Nov 3 2011, 10:15 PM
Post #63320

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 74,542

@Elderberry: OMG, someone who recognises Golden Sun on a forum not specifically dedicated to it! ohmy.gif Welcome back!~

@Tombow: Thanks, Tombow! happy.gif I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I hope you feel better!

@A Pierrot's Aria: That landlord of yours doesn't sound very nice at all. :\ I hope you can find a better place!

CTs:

- Well, NaNo is going alright so far. I haven't been writing smoothly most of the time - I've been forcing it out instead - but I'm actually writing, and getting out a daily average of 2200 words, which is a lot more than I've achieved in the past year. I might actually be able to do this thing. ~

- ...But this is really going to need some major editing after I've finished. DX

- My mum is quitting smoking at the moment, so she's been a bit agitated, and she's been tearing apart the house cleaning things as a result. XD I kept tripping over things she'd left sitting in the hallway last night.

- Right, that's a long enough break, time to get back to work! *writes*

--------------------

"I cannot tell you more... It is up to you to find the answer. Will we use Alchemy to wage war, to raise armies?
Or will we use it to grow wise, to rise above our petty feuds and perform great deeds?" - Kraden

LiveJournal | | Formspring

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Nov 5 2011, 02:48 PM
Post #63321

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

Elderberry! I totally remember you (though I'm not sure if you'd remember me, hahah)! biggrin.gif Welcome back! And I'm really jealous that you went to NYCC~ That sounds really awesome.

Pyroclasm- Good luck with NaNo! I was going to participate this year, but I failed on day one. biggrin.gif

CTs:

- Halloween was really boring. People apparently aren't allowed to trick or treat around here or something. Nobody knew what I was dressed as anyway, despite how accurate my Marceline the Vampire Queen costume was.

- I don't like that people don't take me seriously when I say I have an extreme arachnophobia. People say it's irrational for me to be afraid of spiders, because they kill all the "bad bugs" and blah blah blah. Okay, really, I don't need you to tell me it's an "irrational fear", because that is the exact definition of "phobia", and I'm aware of that. Since I've been here, I've had two nervous breakdowns because of this. Unfortunately I have a roommate who thinks spiders are "adorable", and won't kill any that come into our room. I said to her, "Please, if you won't kill them, just take them and put them outside." She never did, and instead let a spider roam around our room for days. It would only stay on her side of the room or disappear for long periods of time, so I couldn't kill it, and instead had to stare at it, being paranoid and feeling completely uncomfortable in my room for a whole week. To sum it up, when I tried to kill it when it was on my side of the room, (and because I am very uncoordinated) it fell into/near my bed, and I did not sleep for two days. And then my roommate looks at me like I'm crazy when I remove my furniture into the hallway to find the spider. Same thing happened last night, and I ended up sleeping in my desk chair because I was too afraid to go near my bed. I'm sick of people being insensitive to my feelings. When I say I'm deathly afraid of spiders, please take it seriously and be aware that I will have a panic attack if I see one in my room.

- ... that was a long rant.

- I go home in about 2 weeks, but I honestly can't stand being here for another minute.

- The food here is literally not sanitary (I've learned to just buy everything from a can or package from the store). I could really go on and on about the disgusting things my friends and I have encountered in these cafeterias, because it really is that disgusting. And it's not just "oh, this food looks really gross"; I'm talking about being served moldy food and having to use utensils that are never properly cleaned.

- I hate my classes, but I'm doing really well in them... somehow.

- I have to do a group project in one of my classes... we decided to split up the work, and the rest of the group gave me the only difficult part of the project. Ummm, that's really not cool. dry.gif They said they're splitting it up "equally", but while their research is based on simple facts, I have to figure out things based on philosophies, opinions, and ideas (of other people, not my own) which I may or may not be able to find. I guess I'll have to suck it up and just get it done.

- Lately I'm frustrated by my inability to draw anything well.

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Nov 6 2011, 01:46 PM
Post #63322

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Member No.: 48,158

Razzy--I don't have a phobia of them, but spiders freak me out a little. It sucks that your roommate is that insensitive--you'd think she'd finally get it after one nervous breakdown! As to unsanitary cafeterias: that the utensils and such aren't always the cleanest is rather unsurprising since even industrial dishwashers just can't get it all a lot of the time. As to food, you might want to let your local health department know that you're being served moldy food. Public health risks like that are definitely NOT okay. I hope you can hold out for the next two weeks! hug.gif

Pyroclasm--I'm not participating, but go, go, NaNo! biggrin.gif

A Pierrot's Aria--Your landlord sounds like a real jerk. I hope you can find a better house!

Tombow--I bought Halloween candy specifically for myself! tongue.gif

CTs:

--After a long week with a midterm that I... didn't ace (we'll leave it at that), there's homework, homework, and more homework. dry.gif

--Thankfully, I got to see my oldest brother yesterday as he was in town for the weekend, and I hung out with a high school friend I haven't seen in a while, which was also fun.

--I have to get up on Friday at 5:45 AM to register for classes. That wouldn't be so bad, but it's a no-class holiday that day. Whyyyyy....? ;-;

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
phoenix dying
post Nov 10 2011, 06:45 PM
Post #63323

Brigadier General

Member No.: 4,695

QUOTE (Tombow @ Nov 3 2011, 03:33 AM) *
sad.gif I've been under the weather.

But your a robot.

QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Nov 3 2011, 09:23 AM) *
I was sat in the kitchen last week and saw a mouse (possibly two) run behind the washing machine.

Get a cat.

--------------------

Drinking women, chasing whiskey

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Nov 11 2011, 12:34 AM
Post #63324

Group Icon

@Pyroclasm I'm not sure what NaNo is, but good luck with it!

@jacksparrow589 Good luck with all the homework --I hope you're coping with it all!

@Razzy To be honest, if I was that scared, I'd kill it (or take it out) whether she allowed me to or not. Or maybe even get someone who isn't your room mate to come in and deal with it. :S

@phoenix dying If got a pound every time someone said that...The short answer is: No. laugh.gif

CTs:

- The only time I feel like drawing something (digitally, anyway) I don't have my graphics tablet with me. I resorted to using the touch pad on my laptop. It was hard work but I actually got something down. xD

- I should really make a start on my history essay today. When I'm at home, I'm never in the mood to get work done. But I'm a little saddened that I only have a day or so left to spend at home before I go back to uni.

- I could really go for some chocolate right now... biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pyroclasm
post Nov 14 2011, 08:26 AM
Post #63325

State Alchemist (Major)

@Razzy: Thanks! ^_^ And aww, it's too bad that you failed... Your roommate thinks spiders are adorable? ...Have you checked her into the closest mental hospital yet? And ugh, those cafeterias sound horrible! D: Surely they can't be allowed to serve food like that.

@jacksparrow589: Oh man, you have to get up that early? That sucks. DX And good luck with all that homework!

@A Pierrot's Aria: It's National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in November. And it's amazing that you drew something with your laptop's touch pad! XD

CTs:

- I've reached 30,000 words in NaNo! /o/ Though I hit a rough patch a few days ago, and the writing just wasn't coming to me, even when I was pushing myself. So, I skipped ahead a little, and wrote out a scene I was looking forward to writing, and the words just flew from me! ^_^ Take that writer's block! >:D

- Today I just remembered that I created a LiveJournal account sometime last year, and I've decided to start using it. ...Though it probably won't see much use until I'm done with NaNo.

- Skyward Sword will be out in the UK in a few days. I still have to wait over a week for it! DX But it's definitely going to be worth the wait. ~

--------------------

"I cannot tell you more... It is up to you to find the answer. Will we use Alchemy to wage war, to raise armies?
Or will we use it to grow wise, to rise above our petty feuds and perform great deeds?" - Kraden

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Nov 16 2011, 10:38 AM
Post #63326

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Member No.: 39,817

Thanks, jacksparrow. I'm learning to stress out less. hug.gif And my friend actually went to the manager of the cafeteria, told him about the moldy food she was served (and actually presented it to him), and his angry response was "We don't serve moldy food here!". Needless to say, I don't eat there anymore.

A Pierrot's Aria- I really suck at killing spiders. XD;;; I always manage to miss them by an inch, or somehow sweep them off the wall and onto my furniture. But next time I see one, I definitely am going to get someone to kill it/move it for me.

Pyroclasm- No, they shouldn't be allowed to serve us food like that. @.@ But somehow they get away with it. And that's awesome that you're doing so well in NaNo! biggrin.gif Keep it up!

CTs:

- I go home in 2 days! I have been fidgety since this weekend, because I started a new sewing project. And when I start a sewing project, I really get obsessed about it. And I don't have the materials here to finish it, which only makes me more anxious to get home and buy supplies. Also, my boyfriend and best friend aren't coming home until next week, so the only good thing about that is I'll have almost a week to lock myself in my basement and get a decent amount of sewing done.

- I have been using suedecloth for my dolls for over 2 years now, but someone just pointed out to me how bumpy/cruddy of a material it is. And now I look at it differently. This is like the time I realized felt is the worst fabric ever. So now I need to buy myself some better fabric. Then I need to start my doll all over again.

- I've discovered that if I become obsessed with something, my college life becomes significantly less dull. Recently I've been obsessing over BBC Sherlock, and it's really helped make these past 2 weeks fly by. This also relates to my current sewing obsession, because I'm making a Sherlock doll. (And then a Watson doll obviously.) I'm really excited to make it. Like... more excited than can be considered normal.

- I do not want to go to class today. :C

- I ran out of printer ink and I don't know how to print stuff from the library. I am awkward and don't want to ask anyone for help.

- I ran out of food/drinks yesterday... except for some Trix cereal. I am a college student, so I think this is acceptable... somehow.

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Nov 26 2011, 10:58 PM
Post #63327

Group Icon

@Pyroclasm I'm devastated that I had to cancel my order of Skyward Sword. sad.gif I was worried about bills. But my brother managed to get it, and it looks so awesome!

@Razzy You've just reminded me that I've completely ran out of food, too. blink.gif *need to go shopping today*

CTs:

-I managed to get a copy of FMA volume 27 yesterday. ohmy.gif I went to the comic shop that I usually go to and was really surprised to see it there. When I took it to the counter, the guy was like "Ah! Fullmetal Alchemist 27! That's not even supposed to be published in the UK until January!" And I was like "Yeah, I was pretty surprised to see it there, so I thought 'how'd they get that?'". And he gave me the whole "If we told you how we got it, we'd have to kill you". But yeah, it feels nice to have finished a whole collection of one series. laugh.gif

-I'm unable to sleep right now. It's pretty early and the hail stone and rain beating off my window was so loud it woke me up. Sometimes I wonder why I volunteered to have the attic bedroom. xD

-I had a great time with my sister yesterday. It's a shame she has to go later on today...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pyroclasm
post Nov 29 2011, 11:51 PM
Post #63328

State Alchemist (Major)

@Razzy: A new sewing project, huh? I hope it goes well! ^_^

@A Pierrot's Aria: You had to cancel your Skyward Sword order? D: That sucks... It really is awesome. I hope you can get it sometime soon! And you're really lucky, getting volume 27 so early! ~

CTs:

- So, I did manage to finish NaNo, and I finished a day earlier than I had originally planned to! XD I had no idea I was capable of writing so much in such a short amount of time. Nevermind the fact that it's all horrid writing. >_< Maybe now I can finally get back to that fanfic I haven't updated in just over a year. ^_^;

- And then, almost as if I was being rewarded for my efforts, my Skyward Sword preorder came in a day early. /o/ I've been playing it a lot since, and it's been really great so far. I think I've almost completed it now...

- I found out the other day that Anne McCaffrey has passed away. I'm very sad to hear that, as I loved her novels when I was in high school, and I still like reading them now. :<

- I was up and down ladders all day yesterday and today. My feet hurt so much. >_<

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Nov 30 2011, 05:09 PM
Post #63329

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Member No.: 48,158

Razzy--I totally got obsessed with Sherlock last year. Oh, Benedict Cumberbatch, you are amazing! *might have a bit of a celebrity crush*

A Pierrot's Aria--You have FMA 27? Do want! biggrin.gif

Pyroclasm--Congrats on finishing NaNo! smile.gif

CTs:

--Ugh, when it gets to the end of the quarter, it's so hard to muster up the energy to do any homework! :/

--I will be getting out WAY early on the Wendesday of finals week, though, so I'm happy.

--Most of my Christmas shopping is done. I just hope some things for my friends get here before the break!

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
AlchemyUser15
post Dec 6 2011, 02:42 PM
Post #63330

Apprentice

Member No.: 79,643

Ello! How is everybody? I haven't been on here in awhile so Im going to type up what is happening in my life.

CTs:

-A very good friend of mine has recently moved away and now I can't see her! sad.gif I cried a bit but Im fine now.

-I let a friend borrow my DB Raging Blast game a few weeks ago and recently got it back. When I got home to put it in the Xbox360 to have a rematch with my brother it wouldn't read the disc. After several tries, I took it out and looked at the back of the disc to find a perfect circle of scratches around the disc!(facial expressions) mellow.gif .... ohmy.gif .... sad.gif .... mad.gif . I got so upset I cried. I loved that game. My oldest brother used the scratch-remover for discs but it didn't work.... What makes it worse is that The friend didn't even ask to replace it with a new one! He said that it froze up on him while playing and because of that, he didn't play it Ihave now learned not to lend out anymore of my belongings again. I'll just get the second one! biggrin.gif

-Yay! only one more week of shool and then I will be out until Jan. 2th laugh.gif

-NASA discovered a new planet outside of our solar system!!!!!!!! Soooo exciting and interesting!!!! Plus they said it can substain life!!!!(crazy girl interested with NASA discovering new planets!!!) Bad News...... it's gonna take 600 light years to get there....awwww.. I wanna go.....

--------------------

Is this siggy too big??? If it is plz contact me and I will gladly fix it. ;D

+Quote Post

4228 Pages V  « < 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 03:10 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css