Reply to this topicStart new topic
Are You Being Bullied?, here are (my suggestion of) 5 ways to stop a bully
sword alchmist d...
post Jul 11 2006, 10:47 AM
Post #1

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,214

Five ways to stop bullies (my suggestion)

1. If you don't want to be bullied just walk/run away.

2. Ask an adult/teacher to tell the bully to leave you alone.

3. Ignore him until he leaves you alone.

4. Don't go near him so he won't start bullying you in the first place.

5. Or, you can just yell at them to show that your not afraid.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sweety_pie
post Jul 11 2006, 10:54 AM
Post #2

Major General

Member No.: 35,070

What is the point of this thread? (For people to talk about how their getting bullied, Or to help people know what to do if they're getting bullied?)

What I think you should do if you're getting bullied.
1)Fight back. Or.

2)Call the cops.

OT: Btw, sword alchemist_dallas did I help you with your question?You know there is a thread for to ask questions, like that.

--------------------

Thank you so much Milky for the Siggie. You are the awesomest!

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Jul 11 2006, 10:59 AM
Post #3

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

1.If you don't want to be bullied just walk/run away.

That works but doesn't resolve anything.

2.Ask an adult/teacher to tell the bully to leave you alone.

Won't always work. You snitch and you get punded harder. Thats not always but the case but it is the majority.

3. ignore him until he leaves you alone.

While this does work it takes alot of time and stamina. It's very hard to ignor a punch to the stomache.

4.Don't go near him so he won't start bullying you in the first place.

Doesn't resolve anything does it? You can only avoid your problems for so long.

5.or you can just yell at them to show that your not afraid.

Might work but this could just as easily prevoke the bully.

There aren't any easy ways to deal with bullies. Stupid ones can just be made to look stupid so they'll leave for an easier target but the more persitent bullies are difficult.
Telling may get results but it should be a last resort. Ignoring mixed with evasion should work if you stick with it but it's not satisfying.
If you have the ability then show you are stronger than the bully.

All in all you can't have a standard anti bullying tactic. Surrondng yourself in friends helps though.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Ice Blizzard
post Jul 11 2006, 12:45 PM
Post #4

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 35,797

QUOTE (sweety_pie @ Jul 11 2006, 01:54 PM) *
What I think you should do if you're getting bullied.
1)Fight back. Or.

2)Call the cops.

Adding to that:

3. Do something drastic

--------------------
Lets do something we'll all probally regret later.

+Quote Post
Migchao
post Jul 11 2006, 03:55 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 27,550

You need tips from me. dry.gif I was in a public school in the class of hell where they were sexually and verbally abusive towards me. I learned how to counter it.

Find out the bully's weakness and use it against them It may be awfully hard but that is what helped me take advantage of them. One bully in fourth grade started to cry when candy fell out of his mouth, so he told me I was to give him my candy, so I took of the wrapper of my candy, and pretended to give it to him. But then I threw it on the floor and stepped on the candy, and said, "Do you want it now?" He asked me what I was doing in a mad tone and I said, "What, baby going to cry because he doesn't want foot on his candy?" in a fake caring voice and he ran off. He didn't bother me for about a week. But now I think that I was being a bully there.

Get them to admit it. In third grade, people loved to pick on me because I had a cat and loved cats. So this one boy, who took part in being a bully, said to me, "I'm sorry I have a cat too and I love cats I just don't want them to pick on me and I am sorry that I picked on you really I am sorry. Can you keep it a secret?" I forgave him. Note that this is the same kid that wrote 'F*ck you b*tch" in my notebook and ruined a couple of my papers.

I'll tell you more! I just don't feel like saying any more for now.

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Jul 11 2006, 04:02 PM
Post #6

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

I have some experiance in dealing with bullies, which is why I'm very sorry that I must tell-off the author of this thread, despite their obvious good intentions.

1.If you don't want to be bullied just walk/run away.
Tired it, and more than once. Failed.

2ask an adult/teacher to tell the bully to leave you alone.
Teachers never did enough. At most, foe was out of my hair for a few days. Next week: business as usual.

3 ignore him until he leaves you alone.
See comments for #1.

4don't go near him so he won't start bullying you in the first place.
See comments for #1.

5or you can just yell at them to show that your not afraid.
Hard when your bullies either hang around en masse, or openly mock your attempts to stand up.

Suffice to say, your advice isn't much use, and this isn't something I look back on and laugh at. People I'd never even met hurled down abuse and peanuts from the upper rafters. I was also almost half-strangled once.

Don't talke to me about bullies.dry.gif

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Sword Alchemist
post Jul 11 2006, 05:25 PM
Post #7

Alchemists

Member No.: 17,591

I was bullied a lot when I was in junior high.

I was never really physically bullied (if I dont count that time this group of boys kicked mud at me while I was walking to my next class) Most of the bullying I endured was the kind where they made fun of and embarrassed me in front of others.

I did have some friends. However, by our last year in junior high, they abandoned me. sad.gif I knew that they were trying to avoid me but I pretended not to get the hint.

The whole "ignore them and they'll leave you alone," thing doesn't always work like parents and teachers tell you it does.

High school was a lot better for me. I wasn't teased as much and had some really great friends.

+Quote Post
sweety_pie
post Jul 11 2006, 08:10 PM
Post #8

Major General

Member No.: 35,070

When I first moved I was bullied by kids in my class.They thought I talked funny because I have..speech " problems".They thought I talked wierd or something, cause I couldn't say R's right.And I had an accent(Sp?).So they would tell me to say words with alot of Rs', and I would just ignore them till they went away.
But if they wouldn't go away I would say to them"Whatever you have to say, I don't care, so just don't talk to me."..And well that worked cause they don't talk to me anymore.I was only bullied for my 5th. grade year, I had never been bullied before then, and after fifth grade the bullying stopped.I just wanted to tell my bullied story

I was never phsyiclaly bullied either though.And I never let words hurt me.So I didn't care if I was bullied.

--------------------

Thank you so much Milky for the Siggie. You are the awesomest!

+Quote Post
asunder
post Jul 12 2006, 04:50 AM
Post #9

Special Ops (Intelligence Officer)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 30,877

Top 5 ways to stop bullies.

5) Act Crazy - No one wants to deal with crazy people...I can prescribe an entire list on how to be crazy.

4) Drop your pants (see #5) - of course then say, "Your turn!" or "Are you talking to me?" (Joe Pesci style) or "Say hi to Mr Happy!"

3)Kill their family pet - well maybe not kill, but liberate. If Bullies don't respect you, they probably are savage to their family pets. Loss of family pet will result in the bully becoming emo. You gain +2 karma points as well.

2)Sleep with their dad and/or mom - emotionally scarring them for life? it's the perfect revenge.

and the top way to stop a bully is.............

1) Cry - face it, it gets pity attention and laughter all in one fell swoop. And may save you later on. After you start crying and the bully lets down his/her guard. That's the perfect time to use any tazers/ak 47s/tactical nuclear devices!

and before any of you nay-sayers reply that these techniques can't work....I suggest you try them out yourself!

--------------------
Everytime you post something mind numbingly retarded, this forum crashes.

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jul 12 2006, 05:58 AM
Post #10

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Asunder wins the advise challenge.

You can't advise people against bullying until you know what kind of bullying it is. Verbal, physical, psychological etc.

All you have to know about most bullys is they don't really have friends and/or their lives are pretty miserable. Usually a bully will 'test' how you react to them. If you show little reaction the first time they try to bully you they will instantly be bored and move on to a weaker victim.

kittygirl, a few of my females friends had larger chests for their age, they had things said to them but funnily enough were never that bothered. Bullying is picking out a victim, not saying something about breast size.

Probably lesbian? Geez, I notice huge breasts, I've been in denial about my sexuality all along.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kati.
post Jul 12 2006, 12:49 PM
Post #11

Citizen

Member No.: 38,249

running away would only show you're afraid and if you told someone you'd have to do it secretly cause otherwise everyone would take you as a whimp and shouting back isn't too clever if you want them to stop the bullying

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image IPB Image
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Packy
post Jul 13 2006, 01:01 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 37,347

I kinda disagree with asunder a bit on crying. Alot of kids in middle school bullied me (over 90% were boys too) and when I finally couldent take anymore of it, I went to the principal. Nothing happened. Told teachers, nothing. I got sick of the teachers not doing anything so I cried. It only got worse however >_< I try to stay around with my friends alot since some of them are actually protective of me. Though I dont know what lies ahead in highschool u.u Could be worse, could be better. I dont really know... Heck, kids picked on me on the bus too. Worst punishment the kids got on that was sitting up in the front for a few days (or weeks depending on what they did).

The best advice I can give however, is to either;

1) Wait til they move on
2) Take a stand for yourself
3) grin and bear it
4) have a friend close by to help stand up for you smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Jul 13 2006, 08:57 AM
Post #13

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

I kinda disagree with asunder a bit on crying.

I'm pretty sure he was joking.

1) Wait til they move on

If they move on atall.

2) Take a stand for yourself

Gee, how could that go wrong?

3) grin and bear it

QUOTE(Generic bully)
Wot U Smilyn at? Me gonna smak you harda now!

4) have a friend close by to help stand up for you

Thats about the only thing that has a remote chance of working.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Jul 13 2006, 02:12 PM
Post #14

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(Pack Lackey @ Jul 13 2006, 01:01 AM) [snapback]421331[/snapback]
1) Wait til they move on

That's what did it for me. Surviving Middle School revealed that High School was much more benign. Waiting doesn't make it any easier, though.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Dova
post Jul 14 2006, 02:21 AM
Post #15

Citizen

Member No.: 38,022

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Jul 13 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]421442[/snapback]

QUOTE(Pack Lackey @ Jul 13 2006, 01:01 AM) [snapback]421331[/snapback]
1) Wait til they move on

That's what did it for me. Surviving Middle School revealed that High School was much more benign. Waiting doesn't make it any easier, though.

I agree with Nepahrski. Sometimes, you are the only target of the bullies. Or should I say the most amusing toy to play with? If this case applies on students who are being bullied, you will be the final and the ultimate target. Even if the bullies leave you alone, no one will pay for the physical and most importantly mental damage that you have been inflicted.

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 12:49 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css