HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Al's Movie Outfit
What do you think of Al's appearance in the movie?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 181
Guests cannot vote 
Taskinst
post Dec 31 2005, 08:11 PM
Post #16

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,427

i really don't know, i kind of wasnt thinking about it, still i don't know what he was trying to prove. Maybe he wore that outfit,so people would see that he had some kind of relation to ed.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Luna Alchemist
post Jan 2 2006, 05:09 PM
Post #17

Citizen

Member No.: 28,622

It looks better on Ed, but i did like Al wearing Ed clothes (Of course with some differences) I though it was a great touch.

--------------------
IPB Image
You can lead fools to wisdom but you cannot make them think.
The one who will watch over and protect us...just like a shadow
We were born original. Dont' die a copy!
It takes both sunshine and rain to make a rainbow.

+Quote Post
Styx
post Jan 27 2006, 03:42 PM
Post #18

Citizen

Member No.: 29,932

I like Ed in his clothes and I like Al in the clothes he was wearing in episode 51. I don't mind Al wearing Ed's clothes but, I think it would be better if Al had his own style.
Maybe Al wearing Ed's clothes is supposed to symbolise Al doing the same journey that Ed did. Or maybe not...

+Quote Post
Fuzzytoesocks
post Feb 12 2006, 09:13 PM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 30,907

Feh, I'd have to say I like Ed in his clothes and Al...not in his clothes. To me, Al was taking away his brother's identity, or at least a little bit. Outting trandmutation circles on his gloves was just over the top, in my opinion. Besides, I like him with his short hair. ^^; I'm glad that he cut his hair and such at the end.

Oh, and I'm not an Ed or Al (or Roy) fangirl, but if I had to choose, it'd be Ed...so my opinion may be slightly biased, but not much.

+Quote Post
Winkle
post Feb 12 2006, 10:11 PM
Post #20

Apprentice

Member No.: 27,948

Actually there's something I'm confused about.

Okay, so Al has transmutation circles drawn on the palm of both his gloves, this way when he claps his hand he can do transmutations... sorta like Ed but Ed didn't need the circles.

Now I know they made Al do the clapping thing so he can even mimic Ed even more but is it necessary at all? Throughout the anime and manga, we see many many many alchemists who have transmutation circles drawn on things, say Roy who has transmutation circles on his gloves, Armstrong who has circles on his gauntlets, etc and NONE of them have to clap their hands together to perform transmutation. Yet Al does... or he makes us think he does?

So is Al just clapping his hands just because it's something Ed does, or does he actually need to clap his hands? I don't think he needs to clap them, but then it just becomes reduntant. I dunno, just another nitpick on the movie.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)

+Quote Post
Roi Moustang
post Feb 12 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 28,532

Man i dont know why they did it but i think having them dress up like Ed shows that even though he doesnt completly remember his travels, he still has Ed in his heart... Plus it made it kewl to watch Al and his transfered soul fight like Ed and Al use to

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Feb 12 2006, 10:56 PM
Post #22

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,040

I was rewatching some early episodes from the Anime and I noticed that Ed started out wearing a black jacket (under the red jacket) that zipped up. He later switched it to the black jacket that had the clasp at the top and was open. So the only real difference was Al's red coat had a hood and he had buttons instead of a zipper. Maybe when he got older he would have switched to a clasp style. I think he did it because it made him feel closer to Ed and possibly he just liked the style. I thought Al looked good though. I WANTED SO BAD to see Ed back in his old clothes but alas it wasn't to be. I'd have also liked Ed to say something like "Why the heck are you dressing like me?? Do you want to be me??" Then Al could have said, "That would be impossible, I'm much taller."

--------------------

+Quote Post
ice_alchemist21
post Feb 17 2006, 07:09 PM
Post #23

Apprentice

Member No.: 30,897

i think Al looks good either way, im indifferent to it... but in the end i think Al should have kept his hair long, it looked good that way, but then again he would look to much like Ed, both with the same high ponytail.... anyway Al is soo hot in the movie... (i had to add that in..sry)

--------------------
]

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Feb 17 2006, 07:24 PM
Post #24

State Alchemist (Major)

Yeah, I thought he should have kept the outfit and hair too. It would have been fun to see Ed and Al both in costume for a moment. I kept waiting for Ed to comment on Al's cosplaying him (did you notice Al even has Ed's trademark "atenna"?) but he never does.

Ed: Why are you dressed like how I used to dress?
Al: I wanted to. Unfortunately I'm way taller so it doesn't quite work.
Ed: You jerk.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Winkle
post Feb 17 2006, 07:31 PM
Post #25

Apprentice

Member No.: 27,948

Like I said, his outfit doesn't bother me. I know it's a way for them to bring in elements of the series to give audience that sense of nostagia. But I'm still confused as to why Al has to clap his hands to do transmutations, even though he has the circles drawn on the palm of his gloves and no one else who has circles draw on their apparel (Roy, Mustang, everyone else etc.) needs to clap their hands together to do transmutations.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Feb 17 2006, 08:11 PM
Post #26

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Feb 17 2006, 06:09 PM) [snapback]351182[/snapback]

Ed: Why are you dressed like how I used to dress?
Al: I wanted to. Unfortunately I'm way taller so it doesn't quite work.
Ed: You jerk.

ROFL! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

At first I hated the ponytail and the red jacket and called it niisan-complex, but now I love it to no end and I drew at least 10 movie Al already @_@. I wonder why.

Yay me. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Feb 18 2006, 01:01 AM
Post #27

State Alchemist (Major)

I like the jacket and ponytail too. I didn't like how they changed it at the end. Then he just looked like Alphonse Heindrich and you have to wonder at the funeral who nobody said, "Hey, if we're at Alphonse's funeral then what is he doing STANDING OVER THERE?!?!?!"

I don't know why Al had to clap his hands together unless he just did it for effect or to be like Ed. There's an insinuation in the manga (I haven't read it all so I don't know if they've come out and said it yet) that Al should be able to preform alchemy exaclty like Ed can without a circle at all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Colette
post Feb 18 2006, 10:24 AM
Post #28

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Feb 18 2006, 01:46 AM) [snapback]351380[/snapback]

I like the jacket and ponytail too. I didn't like how they changed it at the end. Then he just looked like Alphonse Heindrich and you have to wonder at the funeral who nobody said, "Hey, if we're at Alphonse's funeral then what is he doing STANDING OVER THERE?!?!?!"

I don't know why Al had to clap his hands together unless he just did it for effect or to be like Ed. There's an insinuation in the manga (I haven't read it all so I don't know if they've come out and said it yet) that Al should be able to preform alchemy exaclty like Ed can without a circle at all.

I always thought he did that so people would think he dependant on the circles and people wouldn't know that he could do the clap thing like his brother.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Feb 18 2006, 10:54 AM
Post #29

State Alchemist (Major)

It's possible though why bother? Who cares if Al has the same talent as Ed, why would he think he had to hide it? I think maybe he just did it purely for effect to be like Ed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Feb 18 2006, 02:33 PM
Post #30

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Feb 18 2006, 09:39 AM) [snapback]351489[/snapback]

It's possible though why bother? Who cares if Al has the same talent as Ed, why would he think he had to hide it? I think maybe he just did it purely for effect to be like Ed.

I always thought that it's possible he had to imitate Ed so that people (like, people that are not too familar with Ed and Al) won't know that Ed has already disappeared...

but whatever, I don't really care anymore since the pole holes in the movie is lame and all sleep.gif;

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 05:08 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css