HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 26: Reunion - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! May contain spoilers for the first 26 episodes!!
Cece
post Oct 4 2009, 10:39 AM
Post #16

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 48,077

I loved this episode. When Ed smashed the gate back open to talk to Alphonse I really felt the brotherly love. It shocked me because it was sudden but then i smiled. I also liked when Ling's foot got taken apart it caught me off guard. That's what I love about Fullmetal Alchemist it surprises me a lot. The pacing was also pretty good.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vicious74
post Oct 4 2009, 11:21 AM
Post #17

Citizen

Member No.: 71,248

Fantastic ending to the episode. Romi Paku did an excellent job.

+Quote Post
Mr. Deathy
post Oct 4 2009, 01:43 PM
Post #18

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,164

Great episode, loved virtually everything. I was glad to see virtually everything retained how it should be for a change, due to that this was probably my favourite episode so far. It's a shame it cant all be so un-trimmed. I was worried Wrath's backstory would be condensed but it was all there.

Next episode looks erm...almost worrying. I assume it wont ALL be filler but it's really odd they're even inserting any, especially here. I wonder what purpose it has and how much of the ep will still be canon. I'd like to hope they could still make it to the end of chapter 54 even if it does have filler but I guess it's doubtful.

+Quote Post
EveningAlchemist
post Oct 4 2009, 01:59 PM
Post #19

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,198

All I can say is... Thank the Gate for an awesome episode! I was one of those that when it's done, I'm shaking. (Don't worry about me though, I just do that sometimes... wink.gif)
I loved the new music that was playing as Ed explained his theory, it was a beautiful piano piece.
Envy's body scared me about as much as a good Stephen King novel! *shudder*
The ending with Alphonse was just... ohmy.gif !!! He should get his body back soon so he can stop being scarily skinny!

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
Krokgard
post Oct 4 2009, 02:41 PM
Post #20

Citizen

Member No.: 68,794

Subs are out early this week! Good smile.gif! Really an excellent episode, they did very well the Fuhrer's flashback. The best part, imho, is the "human transmutation", with Ed, Ling and Envy that jump in the circle. That is totally epic!

The only thing I didn't like was Ed pointing his finger to Al, but just because it looked too much static... anyway it's a "three seconds scene". Oh and I like the final scene's music that fade to the ending biggrin.gif like in episodes 19 and 22.
QUOTE ("Mr deathy" on post #18)
Next episode looks erm...almost worrying. I assume it wont ALL be filler but it's really odd they're even inserting any, especially here. I wonder what purpose it has and how much of the ep will still be canon. I'd like to hope they could still make it to the end of chapter 54 even if it does have filler but I guess it's doubtful.

Lol, I thought the same tongue.gif

+Quote Post
KEKU
post Oct 4 2009, 02:42 PM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 70,497

Fantastic episode. The serie's been running on steroids the past few episodes and I'm actually impressed with them now, heh.

Everything I have to say has pretty much been said. Over explaining was a bit tedious, but it was good to see Bradley's flashback, plus the little preview of Hoho/Xerxes arc.

Didn't get the preview at first since I don't recall a festival or whatever, but now that you mention it, that IS Pinako in the preview. And I'm seriously hoping that isn't Loli Trisha. That just ups Hoho's creepy factor a whole lot. >_>

Nice ending, although I was hoping Ed and Al would reunite in Father's lair. But I think they ended it at an even better point. Thought it was weird the ep was called Reunion when they didn't even reunite again, but now that I think about it, guess they were referring to Gate-Al.

Only 1 thing kind of irked me, which was the giggling Gate babies again. That was anime 1. There's a big eye and a bunch of hands in the Gate. No babies. Why the giggling? D:

Solid episode. IMO, this is on par with 24, closely beating out last week, and episode 19. Thur gettin' gud now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
QueenTiria
post Oct 4 2009, 02:54 PM
Post #22

Citizen

Member No.: 70,732

OMG I love this episode. Ed's determination was so moving, and they captured Al's expression perfectly, as well as Ed's^^
One Q: Didn't someone say there was going to be a new OP/ED this ep? Or was it just me?? Because I even saw someone post the new song links up tongue.gif
Well, I was expecting new ones for the beginning of the Briggs arc anyway lol.

Anyway, I'm not worried about the preview as it'll be interesting to see Hohenheim and Pinako's old days, because they never got to that in the manga. I wonder why she was called the '(actually I forgot lol)' by Dominic...

--------------------

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Oct 4 2009, 03:07 PM
Post #23

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

They did it. Episode 26 left me stunned in silence and I haven't watched subbed version yet! Ed unable to kill, Ed hearing Nina's voice again, Ed defeated and awaiting death... I could feel this.

Xiao Mei was cute, clinging to Al, but a prize for over-all cuteness gets to Gluttony.

Very well shifting from scene to scene. Gluttony + Al arriving at the entrance to Father's den had me confused for a while, took me some time before I realized it was the other door, not the one Ed was aiming to.

Ending scene... well, no comment on that. Amazing.

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Oct 4 2009, 03:20 PM
Post #24

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

Before I go into my explanation of my feelings on this episode, can I just say I want a little Xiao Mei of my own!!! She is sooooooooo cute!!!! Then again, I really do love panda bears. tongue.gif

Ahem, anyway this episode was just amazing. All of Ed's emotions, you could just FEEL them. This episode was particularly powerful and intense, in my opinion. Did anybody else start to feel all choked up when Ed saw his brother's body just sitting there in front of the gate and the moment Al told him he couldn't go with him and all of Ed's facial expression and the way Romi just totally pulled off the voice acting...wow. What really did it though was after Al told Ed he couldn't go with him, Ed was pulled through the doors and then busted through them and promised he'd come back for him, tears were just filling my eyes at that point and that part in the manga never gripped me the way this animation just did. It was like a multitude of many different emotions just slamming you in every direction all at once. They're really making this anime awesome now and I give BONES two major thumbs up. I can't WAIT until next week's! biggrin.gif I just knew that if we gave this time and gave BONES the benefit of the doubt it'd really become amazing and it has!!! biggrin.gif Oh and did I mention that Ed really does look sexy even though he's got blood and crap on him? :B I love that they're drawing him to look older now. I was worried about that at first. xD

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
Radadinator
post Oct 4 2009, 04:01 PM
Post #25

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,706

Damn you, Bones.
That's right. DAMN YOU. Damn you for this stupid episode...and my stupid eyes...and the stupid stinging....

(Actual thoughts)

- Lots of blood/violence in this episode, excellent that they're not censoring anything.
- Ed in Envy's...tongue...was kinda...surreal? Is that the right word?
- They have blood stains now.
- Cool how Bradley is the only Fuhrer candidate with black hair.
- Just like in the manga, I was a little bored when Ed started giving his alchemy lecture 101, but at the same time pretty intrigued by the accuracy and research Arakawa put into this.
- Whoops, pause and break, gotta go clap enthusiastically for the Wild Things commercial. Okay, back.
- HERE WE GO....(Tumor saying "thank you..." ;__________;)
- Oh God, it's coming...
- Somebody get Alphonse a #2 and a Wonka vitamin.
- Not feeling the emotion...
- Wait, the Doors are closing? But but Ed, he didn't say "I'll be coming back for you..." Okay Bones, I KILL--
- Oh.

In short, I loved the last scene more than the one in the manga. What probably made me most sad was how Ed used Al's full name, since he hardly ever uses it...

+Quote Post
shiroe
post Oct 4 2009, 04:16 PM
Post #26

Citizen

Member No.: 71,291

OMG, can the episode get any more awesome than this? A perfect 10/10 ep for me! Loved everything about it: animation, art, music, direction...Good job this time, Bones! thumbsup.gif
QUOTE (EveningAlchemist @ Oct 5 2009, 03:59 AM) *
The ending with Alphonse was just... ohmy.gif !!! He should get his body back soon so he can stop being scarily skinny!

AND Ed should eat double from now on so Al will be fed more! biggrin.gif
QUOTE (KEKU @ Oct 5 2009, 04:42 AM) *
Only 1 thing kind of irked me, which was the giggling Gate babies again. That was anime 1. There's a big eye and a bunch of hands in the Gate. No babies. Why the giggling? D:

Remember what Truth introduced of itself from episode 2? It is the world, or the universe, or the entirety, in other word, it can be everything, so why not babies? Truth is another sadistic bastard like Envy, so it was pretty much enjoying the reunion scene. At least that's what I thought.
What probably made me most sad was how Ed used Al's full name, since he hardly ever uses it...

Uhm, he uses it in extremely traumatic scenes, like in ep 2 when Al was taken away by Truth.

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Oct 4 2009, 04:41 PM
Post #27

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

QUOTE (EveningAlchemist @ Oct 4 2009, 10:59 PM) *

That's what scares me a lot.

In recent chapters of manga Alphonse's body was shown to be VERY VERY anorectic and it was calling his soul as a sign that it couldn't hold on anymore. I hope it wouldn't be found dead in the next chapter. Won't even imagine Ed's reaction if so ;;

QUOTE (Radadinator @ Oct 5 2009, 01:01 AM) *
What probably made me most sad was how Ed used Al's full name, since he hardly ever uses it...

It made my heart hurt a lot (and after certain Ed's expression everybody knows about). It's true, he only calls him like that in certain situations so it seemed extraordinary and special hearing it from him (and can't wait him to call Al's like that in the third opportunity - in the end)...and I love how it was added to the manga scene. My throat is still thight after watching the episode for the first time...

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
shiroe
post Oct 4 2009, 04:50 PM
Post #28

Citizen

Member No.: 71,291

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Oct 5 2009, 06:41 AM) *

In recent chapters of manga Alphonse's body was shown to be VERY VERY anorectic and it was calling his soul as a sign that it couldn't hold on anymore. I hope it wouldn't be found dead in the next chapter. Won't even imagine Ed's reaction if so ;;

Wait, which chapter is that in the spoiler? I can't recall Ed seeing Al's body for a second time?

+Quote Post
Imbris
post Oct 4 2009, 05:40 PM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 63,564

Wow.

This was one of the best episodes of anime I've ever seen. I'm talking about anime as an entirety. 20 minutes of pure epicness and emotion. That was ****ing fantastic.

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Oct 4 2009, 05:48 PM
Post #30

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

QUOTE (shiroe @ Oct 4 2009, 06:50 PM) *
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Oct 5 2009, 06:41 AM) *

Wait, which chapter is that in the spoiler? I can't recall Ed seeing Al's body for a second time?

It's not Ed seeing Al's body. It's Al seeing his own body. It can be seen here: http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/73/39/ http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/73/40/ http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/73/41/

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 11:10 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css