HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 29: Struggle Of The Fool - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! May contain spoilers for the first 29 episodes!!
Forsaken Love
post Oct 26 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,408

^ I've read that part in the manga loaaaaaaads and i never actually knew that that soldier was envy in disguise XD (does that make me an idiot? XD)

an alright episode, just these little scene cuttings get on my nerves, as i can't help but feel that these cut scenes are sacrificing essential character development, the fact that Al objects to the use of the philosphers stone so strongly and Ed been so heated up to restore his brother no matter what seemed important to me, in the same way ed remembering how lonley he felt when he lost al, when he was comforting al after getting out of gluttoney last ep, these scenes are only about 30seconds, brotherhood is just missing too many of them out ¬_¬

anyway nothin much to say about this episode, still got to see subs, i liked the edwin phone conv XD

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kaleidoscope
post Oct 26 2009, 11:11 AM
Post #32

Citizen

Member No.: 71,379

Another good episode. I loved that they included the part where Ed repairs the shop. His taste is indeed horrible, but in a small way, it's a really powerful scene. The "thank you" part gives me chills. I did think it was weird that they ended where they did, I too would have preferred Riza's tattoo, but it's really not a big deal.

Also, it took me a rewind to realize that thing coming out of Father's chest at the very end is Gluttony. Yuuuck...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Oct 26 2009, 03:45 PM
Post #33

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,555

Baby Gluttony! Cute!

Is every episode going to have an epilogue in Father's lair from now on? That was pretty cool how Scar cut off the ending music.

+Quote Post
mandymtt
post Oct 26 2009, 07:14 PM
Post #34

Citizen

Member No.: 49,384

yea, why was gluttony coming out of fathers chest? I hope they dont add lib him back into the anime.

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Oct 26 2009, 07:21 PM
Post #35

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

QUOTE (mandymtt @ Oct 26 2009, 10:14 PM) *
yea, why was gluttony coming out of fathers chest? I hope they dont add lib him back into the anime.

It's the same as this page in the manga: http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/57/22/
I guess no one really noticed it...

And what exactly do you mean by "add lib" him back? O_o He comes back in the manga too.

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Oct 26 2009, 07:24 PM
Post #36

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

I guess because Father's rebuilding him? o.O It was in the manga too: http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/57/22/

lol ninja'd! xD but yeah, it's quite possible this girl hasn't read the manga so she didn't know about Gluttony. ^^

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Oct 26 2009, 08:01 PM
Post #37

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

Well i thought this episode was pretty good! Had a nice balance of drama and comedy, I thought.
I think my fave part was when Ed, Al, and Roy were in Bradley's office, and May coughed inside Al's armor. Then Al started coughing like crazy to cover it up! so funny!
Liked the Ed/Win phone convo. Very nice!
Also liked when May and RanFan met. Dr. Knox was so funny!
It was a little weird that the ending music was playing while Marcoh was trying to have Scar kill him. Though, I did like it that the music stopped right when Scar slammed Marcoh on the ground.

I can't wait for the next episode!! Story of the Ishbal War!!

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Oct 26 2009, 08:01 PM
Post #38

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Oct 25 2009, 02:44 PM) *
QUOTE (shiroe @ Oct 25 2009, 08:40 PM) *
I still wonder though, what's wrong about "adding an elevator at the beginning"? ohmy.gif I know that scene isn't in the manga, but an elevator at the millitary headquater seems fine enough to me.

The setting of the anime - it's XVIII or XIX century knowing that Arakawa set the manga reality based on Industrial Revolution in Britain. I don't think elevators were invented by then, nor were so advanced. For me, it's an eye sore.

It not the 18th or 19th Century. It's the 20th Century. It's 1914 or 1915 in the FMA world. Who cares about the elevator??? Nothing in the FMA world is EXACTLY like it was in our world. Automail??? Winry's fashion, I mean who wore that stuff in the 1900's??? The cars are pretty spiffy and fast too, and some of the architecture and weaponry used is also pretty ahead of its time.

So the elevator shouldn't be much of an issue.

Other than that, I thought it was a good episode. I think some of the animation was a little off at times, but overall it was good. I loved GreedLing in the ep. When he exposed part of himself to Wrath, very cool.

I also wish they showed Riza's tattoo at the end. I'm sure they will show it at the beginning of the next episode.

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Oct 26 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #39

Apprentice

QUOTE (Jen_Elric @ Oct 26 2009, 10:01 PM) *
I think my fave part was when Ed, Al, and Roy were in Bradley's office, and May coughed inside Al's armor. Then Al started coughing like crazy to cover it up! so funny!

Al coughs without lungs... Interesting...

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Oct 26 2009, 08:18 PM
Post #40

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

What was with the awkward art/animation in this episode? At least Riza's eyes managed to stay one size. I may even get used to her voice sometime soon.

I love the look on Bradley's face, though, when Ling's voice returned. I was hoping that scene would be good, and wasn't disappointed. Probably my favorite scene in the episode.

I guess they're planning to cut down on the Ishbal footage next episode by having Armstrong's breakdown inserted in this one. I liked it, though. It really helped Armstrong's words about staying in the military and having run away.

What is with Scar threatening Marcoh at the end? Dude, he just told you he WANTS you to kill him.

Scar's there going, "Rwar, I'ma kill you if you don't tell me everything!"

Marcoh's there saying, "Uh, yeah, stupid. I want you to."

The next episode looks like it will be epic. I hope it lives up to my expectations, because volume 15 was my favorite.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Mr. Deathy
post Oct 27 2009, 01:51 PM
Post #41

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,164

^I don't think the idea with Scar is that he's threatening to kill Marcoh if he doesn't speak, it's more that he's saying "I'm going to kill you whether you want me to or not Marcoh, but first tell me EVERYTHING". I don't think the "before this right arm destroys you" quote is a threat, but just stating "before you get the luxury of me killing you, I DEMAND the whole truth"

+Quote Post
S.F. Thunder
post Oct 27 2009, 01:57 PM
Post #42

Citizen

Member No.: 71,177

What was bothersome (to me) about the Scar and Marcoh scene was how the ending song carried into a good part of it. I mean, I like the song, but music with a name such as "Holding Hands" should not be playing in the background of a very serious, very tense and very not girly scene.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mandymtt
post Oct 27 2009, 05:44 PM
Post #43

Citizen

Member No.: 49,384

QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Oct 26 2009, 07:21 PM) *
QUOTE (mandymtt @ Oct 26 2009, 10:14 PM) *

It's the same as this page in the manga: http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/57/22/
I guess no one really noticed it...

And what exactly do you mean by "add lib" him back? O_o He comes back in the manga too.

OOOh yea! My bad. Totally forgot about that in the old chapters. That retracts my entire statement then. I thought the anime was adding extra things for him. I know he comes back later. I was just talking about that scene specifically. Too bad he gets eaten later by pride.... there's just no love for gluttony anywhere.

+Quote Post
EveningAlchemist
post Oct 27 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #44

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,198

The episode wasn't super epic, but we have to take breaks from the heart-pounding action every once in a while, you know? tongue.gif
There was alot of awesome humor, especially in the beginning with the naked Ed, (was it just me or was acting so casual about strutting naked, until...) and also the encounter between Mei and Lan Fan ended funny as well. (And started out intense - the look on Lan Fan's face was just wow!)

to zonkiethegreat: Yeah, I always did wonder how Al talked, or even sees or hears thing for that matter. But I can't complain really, 'cause a main character that's a vegetable isn't really fun...

Ed's blood stained watch looked really good in that scene where he tried to get out of being a state alchemist. I secretly hoped he'd still be one, while I was reading the manga for the first time... What would he be if he wasn't a state alchemist, an architect? (Reference to when he fixed the apartment.) Maybe a model for a leather clothing store or something...
And Winry was real cute on the phone, twirling her finger and all. Yep, she is so totally in love. (Hell, if I got a phone call from Ed, I'd probably cry tears of joy and ecstasy)
Greelin (just easier to call him that now) looks hot. Period. That voice makes him sound like ten years older!

And yes, Ed may have bad taste but he's also very imaginative and creative in his bad taste ways!

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Oct 27 2009, 09:05 PM
Post #45

Apprentice

QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Oct 27 2009, 03:51 PM) *
^I don't think the idea with Scar is that he's threatening to kill Marcoh if he doesn't speak, it's more that he's saying "I'm going to kill you whether you want me to or not Marcoh, but first tell me EVERYTHING". I don't think the "before this right arm destroys you" quote is a threat, but just stating "before you get the luxury of me killing you, I DEMAND the whole truth"

Oh, I figured he just flew into a rage over Marco's self-pitying.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 10:19 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css