HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

35 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fma Anime Episode Content Q & A: Place To Post Unanswered Questions From Any Episode, Spoiler Warning
Rating 5 V
blueices
post Dec 19 2004, 05:13 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,610

Well I'll start the ball rolling with my thoughts on

episode 24 Title: Affixing Memories

(which seemed anti-climatic/filler-ish)

My main question when it was over was: Why the hell did Ed just let scar go off on that boat???? Didn't he swear vengeance for what happened to Nina???

I've already seen the series, so I get why Scar was sort of let off the hook for the meantime, but it didn't seem resolved all to well.

The other weird thing about the episode was the question Ed was afraid to ask: after all the drama of the previous episode, its unfortunate that it ended up being rather anti-climatic. Perhaps it would have felt stronger to the viewers if he got to ask it in Rizenbul

I know most unanswered questions revolve around the ending itself, but as to the other episodes
Add more questions, supply theories, I'm curious as to what else in the show left you guys looking like ?_?

--------------------
Prince of Shonen-ai in Training
Royal Apothecary and Court Jack-of-all-Trades
user posted image
If You are New to these Forums, (or need a good laugh) Click Here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post Dec 19 2004, 06:48 PM
Post #2

Brigadier General

Member No.: 3,780

I'm curious about Envy. Near the end of the show Edward kept telling Envy to show his true face and Envy kept on changing until he finally changed into his real face. If that was his real face was the normal face of Envy another person? Or was the face he changed to was his previous face or something? I'm confused about that!

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
ἀρχή
post Dec 19 2004, 07:06 PM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 3,228

Fresh Coffee: I think the 'normal' face of envy was a different person. It's because envy didn't really like his normal face. Probably reminded him of his father.

blueices: You make me want to re-watch that episode to see exactly what you mean. My only thoughts right now would be that there was an uneasy peace between Scar and Ed. I think Ed probably wanted to forgive Scar, but maybe couldn't fully see that. that's the overall feeling I got from their relationship, but I'd have to watch 24 again to see if that fits with that episode or not.

I can't think of any questions to add here, but I probably will soon as I re-watch the series.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sycia
post Dec 19 2004, 08:21 PM
Post #4

Emeritus: Japanese News Liaison

Member No.: 851

If Scar was going off to kill more state alchemists, yes, Ed would DEFINITELY stop him. But Ed knew his people were being hunted down, and they needed Scar for protection. Al said it then, "They need him", so yeah, Ed just let him off that time 'round unwillingly.

--------------------
<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>いずみ 「生きていれば、いつか命は尽きて、肉体は土に還り、
その上で草花を咲かせる。魂は想いと言う糧となり、人々の
心に生き続ける。世のあらゆる物は流れ、循環している。」
</span>

- Emeritus: Japanese News Liaison -

+Quote Post
vegita625
post Dec 19 2004, 08:42 PM
Post #5

Apprentice

Member No.: 1,949

QUOTE(arche @ Dec 19 2004, 07:06 PM)
Fresh Coffee: I think the 'normal' face of envy was a different person. It's because envy didn't really like his normal face. Probably reminded him of his father.

I'm pretty sure that was not his real face. Envy does say early on that he can't remember his real face, but he could be lying, but it doesn't matter, because I have other evidence that it likely was not his real face.

Think about it, a human body itself can not live over 100 years (besides extraordinary cases of still less than 110 years, obviously not counting humonculus such as Envy), Greed said something about being sealed 130 years or something, and Envy was at least present when he was sealed. This makes Envy at least 130 years old, probably much older. If he was Honenheim's son, he must have been born as a human BEFORE Honenheim had his present body. Therefore, Envy's father did not look like he does now, therefore Envy would not look like present Honenheim.

My assumption would be that Envy took on a similar face to the present Honenheim's face so that Ed would get the idea. Think about it, let's say Envy's true face was like his father's, but his father has black hair and a softer face and such, and he used that face, what does that tell Ed? Nothing, he wouldn't give a crap. However, he sees his father's face and says "No way... you couldn't be..." Get the picture?

--------------------

This sig pic is too wide for our board
<The Max size for sig on our board is 500 pix wide x 300 pix. :)>

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Dec 19 2004, 11:24 PM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE(vegita625 @ Dec 19 2004, 08:42 PM)

I'm pretty sure that was not his real face. Envy does say early on that he can't remember his real face, but he could be lying, but it doesn't matter, because I have other evidence that it likely was not his real face.

Think about it, a human body itself can not live over 100 years (besides extraordinary cases of still less than 110 years, obviously not counting humonculus such as Envy), Greed said something about being sealed 130 years or something, and Envy was at least present when he was sealed. This makes Envy at least 130 years old, probably much older. If he was Honenheim's son, he must have been born as a human BEFORE Honenheim had his present body. Therefore, Envy's father did not look like he does now, therefore Envy would not look like present Honenheim.

My assumption would be that Envy took on a similar face to the present Honenheim's face so that Ed would get the idea. Think about it, let's say Envy's true face was like his father's, but his father has black hair and a softer face and such, and he used that face, what does that tell Ed? Nothing, he wouldn't give a crap. However, he sees his father's face and says "No way... you couldn't be..." Get the picture?

Or Bones simply wanted things to be dramatic, so all of a sudden Envy can recall his "reappearance".

In other words, a mistake by Bones.

+Quote Post
Hikari no Hohenh...
post Dec 20 2004, 12:14 AM
Post #7

Citizen

Member No.: 3,366

If you see the flashback of the creation of the first Kenja no Ishi, you can see that the original Hohenheim looks A LOT LIKE the 1910's one.

--------------------
...And Make Love To You Without Touching Your Skin, And Have You In My Soul Without Having You By My Side...

user posted image

Trisha Elric (Vanessa Readi), My Only Love

Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: The Last Jihad // A HagaRen RPG

+Quote Post
Queen of the dam...
post Dec 20 2004, 04:55 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 511

Maybe he likes bodies that look like that?

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.

+Quote Post
Hikari no Hohenh...
post Dec 20 2004, 06:03 AM
Post #9

Citizen

Member No.: 3,366

It seems like... Anyone knows how Hohenheim learned to perform alchemy? If...
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

--------------------
...And Make Love To You Without Touching Your Skin, And Have You In My Soul Without Having You By My Side...

user posted image

Trisha Elric (Vanessa Readi), My Only Love

Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: The Last Jihad // A HagaRen RPG

+Quote Post
kenny
post Dec 20 2004, 02:09 PM
Post #10

Citizen

Member No.: 3,212

And also for those who have finished the anime :

--------------------
Dance Dance ^^
user posted image
Jah live !

+Quote Post
blueices
post Dec 20 2004, 04:22 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 3,610

This post has been edited by Quistis88: Dec 20 2004, 05:08 PM

--------------------
Prince of Shonen-ai in Training
Royal Apothecary and Court Jack-of-all-Trades
user posted image
If You are New to these Forums, (or need a good laugh) Click Here

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Dec 20 2004, 05:14 PM
Post #12

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.

+Quote Post
vegita625
post Dec 20 2004, 05:39 PM
Post #13

Apprentice

Member No.: 1,949

QUOTE(Guest @ Dec 19 2004, 11:24 PM)
QUOTE(vegita625 @ Dec 19 2004, 08:42 PM)

Or Bones simply wanted things to be dramatic, so all of a sudden Envy can recall his "reappearance".

In other words, a mistake by Bones.

My point wasn't that he couldn't remember, far from it, I just said that was one argument I could make that could easily be explained away. What *I* am saying, is that if the face Envy used was his true face, that means that the body Honenheim was in had to have lived, *without Honenheim having to switch bodies*, for over 130 years, probably a lot longer, the point was Envy letting Edward know exactly who he was when he was alive, not that that was his real face. Get what I mean yet?

--------------------

This sig pic is too wide for our board
<The Max size for sig on our board is 500 pix wide x 300 pix. :)>

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Dec 20 2004, 06:29 PM
Post #14

Guests

QUOTE(vegita625 @ Dec 20 2004, 05:39 PM)
My point wasn't that he couldn't remember, far from it, I just said that was one argument I could make that could easily be explained away.  What *I* am saying, is that if the face Envy used was his true face, that means that the body Honenheim was in had to have lived, *without Honenheim having to switch bodies*, for over 130 years, probably a lot longer, the point was Envy letting Edward know exactly who he was when he was alive, not that that was his real face.  Get what I mean yet?

and if he wantz to do that, he could simply just go totally hoenheim with ponytail and all.
envy only resemble hoenheim. even at the end when he went into the gate, he change into that "look like hoenheim" person and ed wasn't even in the gate with him then. why he bothered to change into that with noone looking at him
like the other guest said, the facts are there, bones simply messed up
no need to go finding complcated explanations

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post Dec 20 2004, 07:44 PM
Post #15

Brigadier General

Member No.: 3,780

Oh ok thanks for answering my question. I was wondering if the 'normal' face of envy was another person who was that other person?

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post

35 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 07:46 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css