Reply to this topicStart new topic
Melting Pot, take a peek. you know you want to~
That One Dude
post Mar 17 2011, 02:21 PM
Post #46

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,559

((Sorry I haven't replied much, guys. College stuff.))

Elaine was no fool. She knew that the scientist would never listen to her command; he only seemed to work by his own rules. If she were the regional chief, she would've done off with the man ages ago, in favor of someone that would genuinely follow protocol. But, she wasn't...

Not yet, at least.

Like all those whose main goal was to seek power, Becker plotted. Becker plotted and planned and schemed like a thief in the night, waiting for all the lights to go out so she could sneak inside and take what she wanted.

And she knew that her ticket to the top was hiding within none other than a certain mafioso. Him, she would keep as far away from Hazzard as possible; not that it mattered, for she had very different plans for the Vera than to turn him into another brainless super soldier (or to get him killed in the Pit five minutes after the deed is done, either). No, it was something that even Hazzard shouldn't know about... only her and her direct superiors.

~o~o~o~

With an annoyed groan, Cedric placed his gun back on his waist-strap, glaring briefly at the girl before he turned his attention to something that caught his eye.

Claw marks, on the ground near to the back exit of the bar. Well, it was confirmed; the mafia leader was, in fact, there. Yet, he couldn't do a damn thing about it.

Clenching his teeth, he tried to figure out what to do. The ghoul's trail was probably lukewarm by now, he wouldn't be able to handle the don by himself, and his help was not needed in the bar, despite the crash.

He decided to report back to the precinct.

~o~o~o~

Now that they were quite a distance from the bar, Elias stopped his jog so that Charon could rest his leg for a moment. While waiting, he heard voices growing louder and louder.

Three men, he decided, and two women that were not directly involved in the scene, but seemed to be just around the corner.

"Charon... rest quickly." He muttered, his voice low. "I hear others."

~o~o~o~

Clarence was... irritated. Not intimidated nor frightened, merely irritated.

"Seriously, now you're just going to walk away like nothing ever happened? I would've been happy if you just took your little spat elsewhere, but this is just plain dumb."

He licked at his own teeth, vaguely wondering if his interruptions would get him in trouble.

~o~o~o~

"Cousin, do you think we should do something?" Orestes cooed slightly, balancing his spear on his foot. "Just to, you know, make sure the bet goes well."

"Afraid you'll lose, eh?" The devil chuckled slightly, puffing out a little ball of smoke after having taken an inhale from his cigarette.

"Not at all." He huffed. "I don't trust the news. I need to see the toll of the dead with my very own eye."

Roma raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you being a bit extreme?"

"I don't think so. Besides, I think we might be get some better business out there if we actually try to sell our customers on the store..."

The younger of the two scoffed. "Oh, please. Who's gonna want stuff like monkshood except for the customers we already have? Gardeners?"

"More like witches, if you ask me..." Orestes cooed.

This caught Roma's attention. "You think they'd come here?"

"Maybe... if you bothered to advertise your shop." He grumbled.

"Grab your coat! We're going out."

--------------------
You aren't scared, are you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Mar 17 2011, 04:12 PM
Post #47

Alchemists

Member No.: 47,159

Smirking softly in contempt as she saw the policeman was about to leave, Anna calmly kneeled and rescued an intant cigarette from the floor. "Guess that's it..." She mumbled as she light the cigarette, and looked at the spot where Raphael's voice had come from. A light crack interrupted the silence before the fallen debris was pushed to the side, and the vampire emerged from the rubble...aside from his torn clothes, looking as fresh as a penguin. "You ready?" The demon asked as she started walking away -clearly not expecting an answer- "Officer" The vampire said, nodding in acknowledgment toward's Cedric's direction, before he followed Anna.
But before Raphal could even close the door behind them, Anna had already thrown the cigarette against the pavement and stepped on it viciously. "We are gonna find her and we're gonna kill her" She hissed in a blunt whisper. "What about the tagger?" Raphael asked calmly "Oh, she knows something...and I'm gonna rip the words out of her troath if necessary" The vampire stated coldy, as almost in perfect synch, both the demon and the vampire started walking toward the maze of dark alleways.
-----
Simone ignored Red's protests and simply leaned against the wall "Well runnin' right now would not be wise...friends of yours are here" The witch whispered in soft amusement. For the first two second Red raised frowned in puzzlement, but after the third second she got the hint "Oh sht ..." She mumbled, her voice loaded with both defeat and pleasure. *The mafiosi from the bar...* She thought sheepishly, the reckeless part of her knowing she would enjoy some ruckus if it came.

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
Nature Path Alch...
post Mar 18 2011, 01:38 AM
Post #48

Citizen

Member No.: 78,623

Name: Erykon (Eric)
Age: Unknown no way to tell, newborn in this world but mind is older
Species: unknown - appears as a dark and shadowy lob, but shapes itself into a humanid, but changes for battle.
Appearance: now (unknown reason)
Personality: confused, doesn't understand this world, wants to be friends but often gets mad. generally very passive.
Special Abilities: can adjust his shape but retains the same colours and pattern, prefers a humanoid figure. Is able to shape it's body with transmutation circle like patterns that are different by channeling the power of his homeworld into this one. also can understand any language, and chooses the most dominantly spoken one as its thoughts. takes in information from peoples heads by looking at them, but doesn't always make sense to it.
Weaknesses: is very emotionally fragile, will get mad/sad very easily
Preffered Weapons:itself, shapes arm into spear
Profession: wanderer
Position: no position in society, feared
Miscallenous: has a grudge against simone (appears later after learning what she did), in homeworld he was very different, but never talks about it (might later). has little memory about who he was exceeept his name despite vivid memories of the world he lived in.

[Edited: Deleted paragraph with Simone and Red.
~Razzy]
[Edit 2: you guys forgot about in the appearance how simone's spell backfired, just fixed that up.
~Nature Path Alchemist]

The creature couldn't remember anything, not where he was, not what he was, not a name. No, a name did come to him. Erykon. Not realising it'd spoken aloud it noticed the scared faces of the people around itself. It saw the figures cowering in fear from itself, too small, or was it too big, it didn't know. it felt sad that it'd suddenly caused so much distress, it didn't like being this way. as if its body was listening to his thoughts, it shrank down to size of the others. realizing nothing had changed, it ran, or rather it fell over itself, until it was sliding away as a blob again, into the forest. as it rolled into a dark shadow it tried to classify itself. It went through the information it had just received, and then thought: 'a - monster? they think of me as a... monster? I don't want people to hate me, I just, i... need to be...' scrolling through the info aimlessly until it found a suitable word for itself. 'a man, so people won't hate me, people don't mind a man in the world.' his form adjusted to that of a humanoid male in a cloak, all in the jet black that made its, no, his form. People won't like me unless I do what they do, people...' as he searched for an appropriate action, 'Sleep! If i sleep, then i rest and be ready for the next day, but only when it's dark, and it's dark here' looking up at the dark shroud the leaves presented, and he rested himself at the base, and his mind slipped into an equivalent to sleep.
Reason for edit: Do not user others' characters without their permission. ~Razzy

--------------------

These 4 elements build the world we live in. in transmutation circles these are used for two things:
1:controlling the element
2:looking AWESOME
Get your own transmutation circle made by posting a request on the thread here
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Mar 18 2011, 11:20 AM
Post #49

Alchemists

Member No.: 45,405

(^ Naturepathalchemist, not sure whether you`ve asked about using Mai`s character, but in case you haven`t, don`t use other people`s characters without their permission.)

Leech had not felt anything like it in the tank, a sheer rush of warmth throughout his body, the blood pounding in it`s head and the taste of flesh still lingering on his tongue. Enchanted by the new experience, Leech took a moment to enjoy it, but never stopped taking note of the remaining three, who seemed hesitant. The hesitation of the trio would cost them dearly as Leech pounced into movement, it did not comprehend the intent of these beings, but it knew this much, they were sustance to be fed upon. It quickly slid under the punch of the large man to trip him with it`s own feet, but before it could move in for the finishing blow the four clawed hands were aiming for it`s head and throat.

Leech rolled backwards onto it`s feet, moving away from harm`s way. As the other came forward again, Leech side-stepped the creature and grabbed the one following by the arms using the second one`s own movement speed to send the duo colliding onto the floor. Leech quickly leaped onto the two of them, kicking the second one in the forehead, knocking it out cold and grabbing the first one by the head to snap it`s neck. It`s enthusiam to deal with the duo cost it however as it was sent crashing against the wall from a crippling tackle delivered by the remaining, large, test subject.

Leech could feel it`s back screaming in agony, the spine almost snapping as it collided against the wall and fell whimpering to the floor with a expression of horror on it`s face. In the tank it had been floating in peace, in here it was beset by bright lights and hostile beings. It could not understand why, but somehow it knew what was required of it and how it could accomplish it. Leech sluggishly sat against the wall, breathing heavily and holding it`s ribs with the mind-numbing pain coursing through it`s mind. It seemed as tough Leech was screaming admist it`s breaths, but there was no sound, a muted wail. The large being approached with malicious intent and raised it`s hand to crush Leech`s head like a bug.

Out of instinct Leech mustered whatever strength it had left and threw itself onto the being, sinking it`s teeth into the arm with animalistic rage and burrowing it`s fingers into the man`s eyes. In blind rage the large man delivered a blow with his other arm to the ribs of Leech and it almost let go, but persisted long enough to poke out the other eye. Both of the combatants scrambled back with grievous injuries, Leech with crushed ribs and the large man missing an eye along with a small bit of his arm, now in Leech`s belly no doubt.

Leech did whatever it could not to fall onto the ground whimpering, but finally it`s other knee buckled and it fell onto the other. The large man roared victoriously as he charged forward and grabbed Leech by the throat. It struggled to break free, grabbing the man`s arms as hard as it could. The man seemed relieved now, that his freedom was a matter of choking his opponent.

"You poor bastard probably don`t have a clue of what`s in store for ya, all I am doing is a favour for ya, hell it`d be a wonder, if you understood me."

The man said with a hint of relief and anger in his voice. Leech may not have been able to understand speech yet, but it understood intent and expressions. As a final act of defiance Leech lashed out with all of it`s strength, back by the overwhelming fear of death. Small dart like thorns emerged from Leech`s hand and needled the man`s face, who shrieked in pain as they sunk into his flesh. For a second the grip tightened, making Leech gasp desperately for air in a matter of seconds the grip broke off completely and Leech slammed to the ground. It breathed quickly, coughing and gasping for fresh air. After a moment of rest Leech turned to stare at the man, who was basicly drooling on the floor with a dumb-found expression.

Leech turned to stare in wonder at his arm, which had suddenly developed tiny, barely detectable glands. The small thorns appeared to be formed out of bone, or something akin and contain paralyzing poison as the man laid, helplessly on the floor. It could not comprehend where this function had come to be, but it certainly was glad it`s skin was intact. Leech slowly sprawled to it`s feet and slugged to the man on the ground. With a merciless, empty gaze in it`s eyes Leech placed it`s foot on the man`s throat and pressed as hard as it could, choking the man as tough responding in kind to the earlier attack. They both stared back at each others in disquiet as the life faded from the man`s eyes. After a moment Leech seemed to realize he had done enough to kill the man, it sat onto the floor next to the man with a curious look in it`s eyes. It knew these beings were a source of sustenance and it felt overwhelming hunger, depraved of the tank`s supply it required a new one. Leech sank it`s teeth into the man`s flesh without a second thought as, if it had been the most natural thing to it.

Leech had survived, to the victor go the spoils.

-----------

In the overlooking observation room Hazzard was practically giddy about how well the experiment had faired despite the what had at first appeared a momentary set back, Leech had excelled in it`s new habitat and even adapted far more quicker than Hazzard had ever dreamed possible. Tough he suspected, that the heightened senses during battle had a hand in it, but nevertheless Leech had survived it`s birth struggle as it were. Hazzard mused silently to himself before turning to the monitors and bringing up a file of the first man Leech had killed, all tough he had read it and knew what had happened, he wanted Sinclair to realize what had come to pass.

"Look at this, Leech`s first victim posessed highly poisonous neural toxins in his body yet not only was it immune to them, but it managed to win the fight by using, that very same venom, albeit modified, to kill the last one.... Of course I could not have expected him to have coped as quickly as he did, but I suspect this was merely plausible because of his recent ejection from the tank and heightened functions. In the future his adaption will be much slower, but... the possibilities are endless...."

Hazzard mused with an overjoyed voice.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Mar 18 2011, 01:13 PM
Post #50

Alchemists

(^.^U Nature Path Alchemist, Mad Bomber is right, you cant use other people's characters like that without their permition. There's no problem if you want your character to have a grudge against Simone, but please dont use my characters)

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Mar 18 2011, 01:30 PM
Post #51

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

((@Nature Path Alchemist - MaiShadowAlchemist did not give you permission to use her characters, so your post has been edited. It's stated in the rules on this thread's first post to not use others' characters without permission. Remember, always read the rules before posting.))

"Anybody who's lived in this city long enough can tell what a psycho is when they see one, except when they're looking in a mirror," he said, even if he saw he was being ignored. Seeing as how his anger had started to subside already, replacing itself with restlessness, Leon decided he should go wandering around the city.

He jumped down from the dumpster, kicked over the nearest trash can, and then kicked it as effortlessly as one would kick a soccerball, toward the gunslinger. He hoped it would hit successfully, but he seemed to not care either way as he turned and walked away down the alley before he could see.

"That's for f**king waking me up."

---

"Wonderful is not the word I'd use... But it is kinda cool... Really cool, actually," Sinclair admitted.

At first the whole thing made him a bit uneasy, which led him again into scratching his neck in his usual nervous way. But he was grateful for the invitation to the... 'show', so to speak. And eventually he found himself watching the fight with more attention than he had intended, gradually taking longer glances up from the memo until he forgot about the papers completely.

"So uh, this Leech thing... what are you gonna use it for? Does it talk?" Sinclair found himself spewing out stupid questions before he really thought about them, flipping through the memo excitedly. "Who's working on this thing?" He didn't want to give away the fact that he would like to see this Leech up-close (though restrained somehow; that thing seemed far too dangerous to not be contained), however the excited tone in his voice may have given that away.

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Mar 18 2011, 02:02 PM
Post #52

Alchemists

Robert did not even feel the ball connect and continued his walk unpertrubed, moving to another alleyway and disappearing out of sight. He required a place to lay low, a suitable safehose from where he could procceed with scouring the city for his own pleasure. Robert headed for the nearest bar, in a completely other direction than the one he had set out from of course, where he entered silently and sat down in a dark corner. He would need something secluded and private, a hotel was no good, he had no money so renting a place did not come into question so the few options before him seemed more like his style. He would simply have to find a place no one was interested in and he would have to take it for himself, evicting any former residents in the proccess of course.

-------------

Hazzard turned to stare at Sinclair as the man seemed oblivious to what he was just witnessing, but Hazzard did seem to mind tough he was a bit annoyed by Sinclairs lack of concentration. Hazzard turned to the monitor and brought up a layout of the project hierarchy. It described him at the top and the rest of the project divided into 12 cells each concentrating on their own batch of test subjects, one of which was Sinclair`s as of late. Hazzard tapped at the edge of the keyboard and motioned towards the screen.

"Everyone, from top to bottom. You think these test batches were simply to roll out cannon fodder and killing machines for the army to toy with? No, no, they are merely... an unfortunate byproduct. Number VII is the very first succesful end product of our project.... and as to your latter questions...."

Hazzard ended with a bit of an annoyed sigh as he walked over to the window and gazed at Leech gouging it`s newfound appetite.

"The evolution theory mr. Sinclair, ever gave much thought for that one? Life as we know it has had to have come from somewhere and we know, that we have not always been as we are as humans. We humans have survived and thrived on this planet, we are myriad and ever in motion. One can debate, that theory as much as they like and whether it is accurate or not. I however have long since left it past me, I am not here to debate, I am here to discover.

You see to me it is rather disturbing, that amongst that myriad of humans there are... abnormalities, beings that look at humans as tough we are ants at their feet. Where we have created and excelled in science, there is magic, which almost works at the snap of their fingers. Sometimes I find it odd how similiar they are in the end, but I digress. The point is that we humans have technology, but we are not as they are, when you look at a demon, you think that it would take ten men to bring it down or more. Thus the problem emerges, technology has made us complacent and we grind in our tracks, mankind does not evolve any longer and we are surrounded by beings with superior traits.

THAT is why I created Number VII, a human capable of stealing the very thing, that makes them special and a human with endless potential to evolve. Ever adapting to it`s surroundings and new situations. We are not creating a killing machine, no, this is a new breed of human made possible by the very technology we have created. If mother nature has stopped our evolution, I am about to give it a kick in the arse, then we will see how that will jolt the world."

Hazzard launched in a long tirade about his vision for the projects end game, apparently Sinclair and the others had not grasped the truth nor had even cared to think about what dangers beset normal humans at every turn. Hazzard seemed to have personal experience in this matter as there was an undercurrent of anger in his voice and whatever drove him was clearly reason enough for him to think he was spitting in the face of the proverbial mother nature.

"And for pity sake man, he is a year old with minimal human contact, of course he cannot speak yet, but he will in due time and quicker than you`d think. The best is yet to come mr. Sinclair."

Hazzard remarked with a dry tone, chuckling a bit afterwards.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Mar 18 2011, 02:54 PM
Post #53

Alchemists

"For f*!@'s sake...what was that all about?" Red grumbled as the voices died out and she walked out of her hiding spot "Dat be a waste of time..." The witch mumbled, for the first time her amused expression turning into one of annoyance. "You goin' after da mister?" The witch asked nonchalantly, pretending not to care. "No...got a bigger fish to catch..." The anarchist mumbled, rolling her eyes at Simone's interested expression "You know...if you want dead bodies the morgue is full of them" She muttered bluntly, at which Simone frowned in indignation. "Dis not be about dead bodies...dis be about FRESH dead bodies" The witch hissed "Difference be big...you make me sound like crazy woman". Red snorted softly as she started walking away "Demons I get...witches are insane" She mumbled as she shook her head in bewilderement.
-----
Anna heel's clicked furiously against the pavement as she tried to come up with a good plan "Since they hide like rats maybe we should bry one of them to get some info...anarchists are always stabbing eachother's back just for fun, so it cant be too hard" She stated "Yeah...all we have to do is find one" Raphael mumbled in sarcasm. "Right..." She sighed in annoyance as she kicked a small pebble in her path, and watched it's bobbing trayectory...till it collided with something, or better yet, someone's foot. Both the vampire and the demon looked up just to find a shabby looking guy with a long dirty coat a few meters away from them. There was a short pause in which both of them just looked blankly at Robert and then Anna bluntly broke the silence "Maybe our luck is actually changing..."

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
Nature Path Alch...
post Mar 18 2011, 03:52 PM
Post #54

Citizen

Member No.: 78,623

(note: sorry about my first post, I'm fairly new to RP but while i read the rules, just let my ideas get ahead of me... blush.gif)

--------------------

These 4 elements build the world we live in. in transmutation circles these are used for two things:
1:controlling the element
2:looking AWESOME
Get your own transmutation circle made by posting a request on the thread here
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Mar 19 2011, 08:44 PM
Post #55

State Alchemist (Major)

((Welcome the RP Community, Nature Path Alchemist. If you want to do something in particular with somebody else's character, please make sure to send them a personal message first and discuss it. Otherwise, please don't let it happen again - it's kind of rude. You might also wanna read up on the last few posts and such to keep yourself up to date. Also, your character and first post in general are very vague. If you could send me a personal message, so I can at least know where to group him/it, that would be great. smile.gif ))

"Great." Elias spat between his teeth, gnawing at the skin under his nails, since the actual keratin was no longer there. "Now, we wait." He muttered nonchalantly, pulling a cigarette from his shirt pocket and merely snapping his fingers to light it up.

"Sir, if you plan for us to hide, perhaps it would be best if you did not--"

"Bite me, Charon." He hissed, taking a long drag. "It's been a ridiculously long day. I'm not in the mood f--"

The two's spat was interrupted by the sudden appearance of several large men in ski masks, literally coming out of nowhere to bag the young mafioso's head and detain the older man.

The event happened so quickly that Charon had no idea how to react. All he was able to process was that his head was now bleeding, his boss was gone, and that he was somehow going to have to take the reigns of the family only just long enough to get him back.

Easier said than done.

~o~o~o~

Moments after the task was done, a phone call was made. The leader of the thugs, with trembling hands, held the cell phone in his hands. He was the one that had drawn the shortest straw; meaning he had to speak with... her. The woman was frightening to them for more than the reason that she was icy and ruthless; they knew the side of her that she hid from her superiors in the military, and they had good reason to fear it.

So, after finally taking a deep breath, he dialed the number, and waited for her to pick up on the other end.

"Hello?" The static voice sent a shivers down his spine.

"We have him, ma'am. We're taking him over to the warehouse now." He could barely contain the trembling.

"Good. I'm on my way right now." She muttered, a slight lilt to her voice. She was pleased. "You've done a good job, Klaus. You will be rewarded."

The thug breathed a sigh of relief, feeling a weight drop from his chest. "Thank you so much, ma'am."

"Be there in an hour." Was the last thing she said before she hung up.

Now that the hardest part was over and done with... "Get that meat sack in the van. We only have an hour."

~o~o~o~

"Looks like he left!" Clarence suddenly let out a high-pitched giggle. He swung from irritated to ridiculously giddy in hardly a few seconds merely because, after more instigation, the ghoul just left. He just left! Frakkin' hilarious. Stifling his giggles, he added. "Too bad. I kinda wanted to see him blow your head off for being a complete numb nuts."

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Mar 19 2011, 09:59 PM
Post #56

Alchemists

By the look in her face, and the sigh that escaped from her lips, anyone could tell Simone was bored to death. After all, in less than a second the people in the alley had stopped fighting, no one had died and Red had just walked away...now Simone was left with nothing else than a bag of talismans she had to sell (something she was seriously considering leaving for another day) and the taste of failure in her mouth.

With her daily routine etched in her brain, she barelly even noticed the momment she started walking down the street to the place she was currently using as a home. "Dump..." She mumbled in blank disdain, as just the idea of walking into the same noisy hole again made the street feel like a palace. "But tomorrow....tomorrow be different....Like maw maw used to say: I feel it in mah bones" She mumbled as a soft smirk creeped into her lips, and she turned around the corner, but suddenly, in a movement that her feet registered faster than her brain...she stopped dead in her tracks. The scent of blood floated weakly in the air and there was a dark figure sprawled in the concrete.

First, a hesitant step backwards, and then Simone turned around...
Being careful not to make any sudden noices the witch slowly walked toward the body...but just as the sense of victory was growing...so did the sound of a weak pulse.
*Great...just a dyin' old man...* She thought in bitter dissapointment as she saw his wrinkled face and the blood in his skull. "Well at least one of us be lucky..." She grumbled to herself as she lightly crouched down. "Old man...it's not your time now to die...you okay?" She asked, resisting the urge of poking Charon with her foot.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Mar 20 2011, 12:27 PM
Post #57

State Alchemist (Major)

Upon feeling the presence of another being beside him, Charon's first instinct was that of grabbing her leg like a vice. Old, he was; lacking in reflexes, he wasn't. The words fell on him in a haze as his eyes stared to look sharply at the blurry being above him.

"Where... is he?" He hissed, the determination in his voice only being overtaken by panic. "Where did they take him?" His grip tightened, his other hand moving like a whip to wield the knife that was hidden in his clothes. "They can't be far... what did you see?"

As his vision cleared slightly, he noted that it was a woman. Fairly young, but he took notice of a sort of keenness in her eye, as well as her somewhat outlandish clothing. Definitely not one of the culprits; but still, perhaps she knew. He let her leg go and struggled to stand. That blasted leg...

"Do you know what happened?" He grumbled slightly, tearing off his own sleeve to wipe himself clean. He had to stay awake, should he have a concussion...

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Mar 20 2011, 12:55 PM
Post #58

Alchemists

Not really being a "street fighter", and pretty much lacking the reflexes, all Simone could do was stumble backwards and fall down, watching how all the trinkets she liked to carry around spill all over the place...making her feel even more pathetic.
"Calm down old man..." The girl hissed, for a second loosing her cool (and actually considering kicking him) but regaining it just as fast when he let go of her leg. "No idea what you talkin' about..." She mumbled warily as she backed away just in case he freaked out again. "You be lying there when I got here..." She stated sharply, but seemed to regret her words isntantly when she noticed the panic in his eyes. "There was a hybrid boy with ya...I know dat much, his presence still be in the air" She said, this time her voice being sympathetic "But you wont go far with dat in your head...blood be too much"

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Mar 20 2011, 07:01 PM
Post #59

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

Leon was surprised to hear the other stranger speak up; he had completely forgotten that someone else was watching the rather anti-climactic scene. He turned around. Leon would have also been amused by the situation, had he not been a part of it. It irritated him to no end that this guy- who was carrying guns, no less- would not even try to fight or shoot.

At first Leon just shot an annoying glance at the stranger, but then he said, a bit amused, "Y'know... I would've liked that, too. It would have at least been more interesting if he had shot me in the head." Then he trailed off, as though talking to himself, "I should've f***in' kicked his a**. But he had a crapload of guns... Ah, hell, I should've kicked his a** anyway!" He let out a low growl and kicked at some broken concrete on the ground.

Leon turned back to the stranger. "Well, y'know, now I'm too worked up to sleep. Which kinda sucks. But while I'm up, I might as well check out what that a**hole did over yonder." He nodded toward the site of the explosions and gunfire that had been responsible for waking him up.

---

Sinclair was understanding what Hazzard was saying, but was barely able to comprehend what good any of it would do, aside from the scientific progress. Sinclair was almost certain that he himself was partly demon, though it barely did much aside from giving him a kind of energy boost. He decided Hazzard must have been human afterall, since he seemed far too bitter at the powerful creatures living in Chalk.

He took his time with responding, for once in his life trying to choose his words carefully before they were stupidly spit out of his mouth. Unfortunately, he could not find careful words, and could only come up with:

"I get what you're saying... I mean this Leech thing is brilliant; really, I would be ecstatic, had I been one of the minds to contribute to it. But, unless you're going to... how do you say- mass produce these things, I can't see how it would give anything for Mother Nature to worry about, let alone a 'kick in the arse'..." He started trailing off nervously after mentioning the words 'mass produce', suddenly filled with anxiety and fear over such a thought.

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Mar 21 2011, 05:12 AM
Post #60

Alchemists

Hazzard turned to look at Sinclair as tough he had been expecting the argument in question, clearly hinting that Hazzard was well aware, that he was an outcast in a sense when it came to his pro-human sentiments and even his entire lifestyle. Hazzard waved his hand in like it was a sword as tough to cast away the entire argument, that Sinclair had.

"You are missing the point, if mankind was meant to be stuck as we are then would it not contradict whatever law of nature applying to us?"

Hazzard asked in return clearly not intent of mass-production, which would have been something that army might have wanted on the long haul, but as they were in preliminary phases of the first succesful subject there was no rush.

"And mass-produce? Nothing of the sorts. The army may want to do so in the future, but now yet, not when there are things still left unfinished. Understand this Mr. Sinclair, Leech is not meant to be bound by laws, that govern other organisms. It lives, it adapts, it becomes whatever it needs to become to survive and excel in it`s enviorment. The end result is never the goal, but the journey and the knowledge we gain from it. Who is the strongest, the best, the smartest? Eternal questions, which I hope to solve with Leech. This is not something one can complete in a decade, this is my life`s work mr. Sinclair and I intend to commit the rest of my time on this planet towards it."

Hazzard spoke as tough his life depended on it and there was a gint of anger in his voice as he seemed to think, that sinclair was belittling his work.

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 04:38 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css