Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pokemon Heartgold And Soulsilver
Forsaken Love
post Mar 20 2010, 11:43 AM
Post #91

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,408

kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I'm seriously so excited not the release date is so close! Thinkin about those games makes me feel so nostalgic, can't wait to play the remakes, the only bad thing, is as IceSkadi said, the new crappy pokemon will probably draw away the original charm the games had, but never the less I'm really excited! I hope we get to catch celebi this time _ for some reason only the japanese version had that option in the original games

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
IceSkadi
post Mar 21 2010, 02:25 AM
Post #92

Citizen

Member No.: 72,103

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Mar 20 2010, 07:43 PM) *
kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I'm seriously so excited not the release date is so close! Thinkin about those games makes me feel so nostalgic, can't wait to play the remakes, the only bad thing, is as IceSkadi said, the new crappy pokemon will probably draw away the original charm the games had, but never the less I'm really excited! I hope we get to catch celebi this time _ for some reason only the japanese version had that option in the original games

From what I've heard till now, you can have them only by trade. A person with who I talked said that she hasn't run into any in the wild yet biggrin.gif

My only problem now is that I have to persuade my brother to lend me his DS tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Mar 21 2010, 12:06 PM
Post #93

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

To clarify, Celebi is only available in the Japanese version or a Nintendo event. You CANNOT catch it in the American versions of the game, otherwise.

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Mar 22 2010, 04:35 AM
Post #94

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

Only... four days... left.

Pretty sucky that Celebi isn't available through normal means, by the way. I was hoping I would get to catch it this time around...

Edit: Two days... XD

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Mar 24 2010, 10:50 AM
Post #95

State Alchemist (Major)

so cloooose, excited! out of interest, does anyone know the reason why the japanese games have the celebi event and the PAL (and im assumin the other versions aswell) don't? How pointless is that??

--------------------

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Mar 24 2010, 12:12 PM
Post #96

Lt. General

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Mar 24 2010, 10:50 AM) *
so cloooose, excited! out of interest, does anyone know the reason why the japanese games have the celebi event and the PAL (and im assumin the other versions aswell) don't? How pointless is that??

Because Celebi is a Japan only Pokemon, it's exclusive to that country. We get event ones like Jirachi now and again, but not Celebi. At least, none to date (although there may have been one way back when Crystal came out, around 2002). As for why, just because. Maybe they will have a Nintendo event with Celebi, but who knows. If not, just use a gameshark or action replay.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Mar 26 2010, 11:31 AM
Post #97

State Alchemist (Major)

A japan only pokemon? who decides that XD pokemon are pokemon, i mean come on it even has an english name version, thats just dumb. I wish they changed that it doesnt seem to have any revelence whats so ever, accept makin it impossible to complete the game without cheating of trading with someone in Japan, I'm gonna go buy this early tommorow morningggg, can't wait!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Mar 26 2010, 12:07 PM
Post #98

Lt. General

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Mar 26 2010, 11:31 AM) *
A japan only pokemon? who decides that XD pokemon are pokemon, i mean come on it even has an english name version, thats just dumb. I wish they changed that it doesnt seem to have any revelence whats so ever, accept makin it impossible to complete the game without cheating of trading with someone in Japan, I'm gonna go buy this early tommorow morningggg, can't wait!

That's the way it is and has ALWAYS been. You really haven't been playing the games very long have you? You must have only started playing them recently. Because really, no one else really cares and gets it through cheats. Either way, the reason is because the games were made in Japan, so the Japanese get extra perks. Don't like it, buy a Japanese copy. Otherwise, its pointless to complain.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Mar 27 2010, 12:28 PM
Post #99

QUOTE (Kitchan @ Mar 27 2010, 07:42 PM) *
But I can't help it! Silver was always my favorite game.

I feel you there, the original Silver was the awesomest game among the bunch. I got my Soul in the mail yesterday.

Now I just need to find out what my friend code is and learn how to work the Wi-fi features...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kitchan
post Mar 27 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #100

Citizen

Member No.: 72,255

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Mar 27 2010, 03:28 PM) *
QUOTE (Kitchan @ Mar 27 2010, 07:42 PM) *
But I can't help it! Silver was always my favorite game.

I feel you there, the original Silver was the awesomest game among the bunch. I got my Soul in the mail yesterday.

Now I just need to find out what my friend code is and learn how to work the Wi-fi features...

If you have a DS Lite, you need unsecured wireless to get on the internet. I have to disable my security every time I want to go online.

But once you have a connection, if you go into the basement of a pokemon center and try to log in, you can find out your friend code. Check the pal pad afterwards to make sure that it worked.

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Mar 27 2010, 01:52 PM
Post #101

I got a DSi, actually, so I have perfect access to the internet through my secure wireless connection. All you need to do is enter the WEP key and you're good to go.

The problem was that I didn't know crap about the friend code system, but thanks for clearing that up smile.gif Awesome that you can find out your code in the game biggrin.gif (very convenient for lazy people like me who can't bother to go through manuals to find information).

This online thing is great, because I don't know a single person who is playing these games. Or, okay, not quite true, I do know one, single, person, but in order to connect to that person I'm gonna need Wi-fi.

... Should I feel childish for being almost 18 and playing this game? I mean, the fact that nobody else I know here does it makes you feel kinda lame XD ....But whatever, this game is too awesome to let yourself be bothered by what others think... In fact, maybe I'm the mature one, because I can embrace my childishness XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Miss MP
post May 13 2010, 02:51 PM
Post #102

Citizen

Member No.: 69,722

If the new games' Poke'mon distribution / selection follow or are similiar to those of the originals, I'll probably only get Soulsilver - The GSC Gen was my favorite out of all of them and I preferred Silver out of G&S; Crystal gave the option to have a female character, which I love. I'm excited - this will be my first new game since Ruby and Sapphire (never heard good things about Diamond and Pearl, and FireRed / LeafGreen sounded meh, but that doesn't count them out yet I suppose).

--------------------
Fanfiction |FictionPress

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 03:12 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css