HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

43 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Going-away-for-a-while Announcement Thread!, Let us know if you'll be away from our board for a while
Quistis88
post May 26 2005, 10:29 PM
Post #16

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

QUOTE(Guest @ May 26 2005, 11:18 PM)
Er. Before I went to college, my mom made me get a credit card. I carry it around ever since in my wallet "just in case" but I don't ever use it. Perhaps we share the same ancestor whose gene somehow stays alive. ph34r.gif (After all, my great-grandfather was from Canton. I'm geographically ignorant, but I'm always associating Canton with "Cantonese," which is equal to people from Hong Kong, and so Canton is in Hong Kong? Ah well, whatever.)

ph34r.gif (Although people in HK generally speak Cantonese, it's not Canton. Canton is also known as Guangzhou, and is the capital of the province of Guangdong. I'll be darned if I don't know, because I've been there before.)

Now that I think about it, I vaguely recall being told that I used to have family in that province.

Like I said, call me. biggrin.gif

Like I said, not like THAT. Geez, kids. *glares at children in nearby ditch*

A picture of me? But I look like any other Asian girl in the Engineering building without the brainhuh.gif You won't recognize me if we stand next to each other. Besides, I don't recall ever seeing xr's (and thieves's) picture yet either.

Then I guess the forum will never see you three . . . not unless I win that lottery I said I'd try to win for the forum reunion.

Also, I have as many as 18 units for my classes next year (all of which are related to the beloved subjects of calculus, chemistry, and physics), and I might as well start getting used to zero hour of fun.

Isn't that kind of your own fault for choosing to be in that field? biggrin.gif

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thievesvinegar
post May 26 2005, 10:36 PM
Post #17

Brigadier General

Group: Members
Member No.: 354

QUOTE(Guest @ May 26 2005, 09:18 PM)
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ May 26 2005, 08:14 PM)
I never not pay with cash, except for online purchases.  Do you do that, too?  It would be all coincidental/conspiratorial if you do.
[snapback]180254[/snapback]

@Thieves: But I'm always contradicting myself. smile.gif
Also, isn't a love profession supposed to be kept secret between the two people and not made known to everyone else? Geez, should I take my word back?

[snapback]180304[/snapback]

Are you threatening me?

This is turning into a little chat before you leave thread.

What's China like Quis? I found out that Guangzhou existed three weeks ago when they reported japanese protests in that area.

--------------------

Member of G.O.O.P.

10,000 roman lions can't be wrong! Bring back the Circus Maximus!

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post May 26 2005, 10:49 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ May 26 2005, 11:36 PM)
This is turning into a little chat before you leave thread.

Well, this is probably our last chance to say anything else to her . . .

QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ May 26 2005, 11:36 PM)
What's China like Quis? I found out that Guangzhou existed three weeks ago when they reported japanese protests in that area.

Honestly, it's not that great. Then again, the last time I was there was about half a decade ago. Things seems to have changed, but probably just on the surface.

If you have asthma and you grew up in America, I don't think it's a good idea to go there. Every breath you take is like 3.14 steps closer to death. The smog can be asphyxiating compared to the immensely cleaner air of North America. Again, this is what I experienced from 5 years ago, so not much accuracy there, but I doubt the environment has changed very much.

Packed with scruffy Asians at every turn of the corner, especially if you are in a bad district. It's quite crowded there, as most would assume. Last time I was in mainland China, the public roads have no lanes. People just drive/bike around and avoid hitting each other. As long as they're going in the same direction, it doesn't matter what portion of the road they're on, or how one person on a bike can travel perfectly fine while squeezed between a motorized scooter and a mini-van.

Anyways, getting off-topic. I'll probably be saying good-bye soon, as my family is going on a trip to China in August. Hooray.

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post May 27 2005, 12:15 AM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 2,565

*clings to quis*

--------------------
IPB Image

I am the Cold Blooded Alchemist. Ph34r Me.
Read My Fics! :D

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
«°~Envy™~°»
post May 27 2005, 12:28 AM
Post #20

Alchemists

Member No.: 13,950

good by people i don't know and people i just met and take care, hope things go well for you and dark seeya when you get back

--------------------

+Quote Post
telepika
post May 27 2005, 12:35 AM
Post #21

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 1,937

ohmy.gif Gassy is leaving?!!! Since when? Jeez, all the old members are leaving. It makes me so sad... Anyway, thanks for acknowledging my existence, Gassy. laugh.gif

I'm taking 19 units this quarter... I didn't realize that was a lot.

--------------------
I've decided to officially support the American Dub!! Go Ed!!! Power to the short people!!!!
user posted image

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post May 27 2005, 01:08 AM
Post #22

Guests

Wait, one last question. ph34r.gif

Between Beijing and Shanghai, which is better? I heard Beijing is where the old, historical buildings are, while Shanghai is where the modern and better-looking buildings are, but let's say I'm mostly going to spend the day at school, which city would be most educational? Be descriptive, and do mention which city has more English-speaking people and universal signs the significant differences in dialect, if any.

Also, with pollution, dirty toilets, and slapping mosquitoes all night in mind, any preparations you'd recommend?

This is becoming a chat before you leave. Should I cancel my Internet access and move to the countryside?

+Quote Post
Thievesvinegar
post May 27 2005, 06:01 PM
Post #23

Brigadier General

Member No.: 354

Now Gas, how many times do I have to tell you that running away from your problems won't solve them?

Question guys, why China?

--------------------

Member of G.O.O.P.

10,000 roman lions can't be wrong! Bring back the Circus Maximus!

+Quote Post
mei_tenshi
post May 27 2005, 10:35 PM
Post #24

Major General

Member No.: 3,343

I'd hoped this thread would be dead and buried ten minutes after I created it...

She's probably gone by now, but I still want to leave her a message:
Gassy, we'll miss you! I really respect you for standing up for your beliefs despite opposition, and your posts are always so amusing. smile.gif Thank you for the compliment concerning the GP--but then, I prefer being a free agent. cool.gif In any case, take care!

--------------------

CoF #11

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post May 27 2005, 10:41 PM
Post #25

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

[fart]

What's happening here?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post May 28 2005, 11:54 AM
Post #26

Brigadier General

Member No.: 3,780

QUOTE(Guest @ May 26 2005, 08:47 PM)
People I haven't really been talking to and/or seen around but whose existence I do acknowledge: edsgirl, Falling_Man, CursedAnubis, Fresh_Coffee, telepika, etc. etc. (which includes people who I can't remember now or really haven't been around so that by the time they're back this thread will have been buried deep anyway, and doesn't include most people)

[snapback]180240[/snapback]

ohmy.gif It's too bad I never got to know you Gashole. At least you acknowledge my existence though I don't everyone else on the forum thinks I'm a brat which is somewhat true. biggrin.gif

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
Elderberry
post May 28 2005, 12:01 PM
Post #27

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 726

Coffee-chon, I don't think you're a brat. happy.gif

Aw, I'll miss having one of our sarcastic n00b exterminators leave...rolleyes.gif;; Take care, Gashole-san. *bows*

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -
Currently designated as Marvelous Mechanic of the P!MP Mobile for the GP.
I've taken Foolmetal-kun under my wing as my GP Deshi-in training.

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post May 28 2005, 12:06 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

QUOTE(Guest @ May 27 2005, 02:08 AM)
Between Beijing and Shanghai, which is better? I heard Beijing is where the old, historical buildings are, while Shanghai is where the modern and better-looking buildings are, but let's say I'm mostly going to spend the day at school, which city would be most educational? Be descriptive, and do mention which city has more English-speaking people and universal signs the significant differences in dialect, if any.

Not sure if you're still here, but I'll answer anyway.

I've never been to Beijing or Shanghai, though I'll be going to Beijing in about three months. Since I've never personally visited those places, I cannot give an accurate assessment. Last time I checked, Shanghai is the biggest communist city in the world or something, but maybe that's changed. Lots of brothels in Shanghai, too, my mother claims. Beijing is relatively slower in pace, perhaps? Who knows. And I think both cities have about an equal amount of English-speaking people.

QUOTE(Guest @ May 27 2005, 02:08 AM)
Also, with pollution, dirty toilets, and slapping mosquitoes all night in mind, any preparations you'd recommend?

Sunblock and lots of it. Maybe even an umbrella for those extra-sunny days. Pollution is something you cannot do anything about, except maybe get used to the smell of the litter on the streets eventually. Dirty toilets are also a bit of a problem. Try not to use public restrooms if you can. If you must, bring kleenex or something to wipe the seats and everything. But once you've seen the state of one of the public restrooms, you'll do anything not to go back again. Mosquitoes aren't too much of a problem, but now that they are carrying diseases, try repellents and covering yourself up.

QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ May 27 2005, 07:01 PM)
Question guys, why China?

Why do you ask?

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post May 28 2005, 12:39 PM
Post #29

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 330

What? Gas, you're leaving? For good? T~T If I had known this I never would've gone off like that again. Or at least, I wouldn't have answered that negatively when you asked about those stupid colleges down here in the Netherlands! T-T

QUOTE(Guest @ May 27 2005, 02:47 AM)
So Kase, even though you've promised to stick around this time, I'll have to let you go. And I still think everyone should call you Oma cause you've been around for that long and every time you disappear everyone goes berserk. tongue.gif
[snapback]180240[/snapback]

Oma... Hehe, I've sure got the grey hairs - accumulated over the years - to accompany that title. >__> Aherm.

Well... in honor of you, Gas: ph34r.gif I'll definitely miss you and your sharp wit. ph34r.gif Good luck with everything then. And hopefully whenever you pass by a pisang goreng [stand] you'll think of me and know that I love you like a big sister. Or aunt/friend, whichever you prefer. T-T

Sure there are no chances of you reconsidering things and still visit every now and then...? At least?

--------------------
:: King of Shonen-ai ::
:: - Sister to Prinz_Zoisit ::

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post May 28 2005, 01:50 PM
Post #30

Brigadier General

Member No.: 3,780

In honor of Gassy maybe we should start calling Kase, 'oma'? : 3

EKE: Well... :3 you're too sweet.

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post

43 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 07:40 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css