HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 938 939 940 941 942 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
StormGoddess
post Apr 11 2009, 08:35 AM
Post #14086

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,523

jacksparrow589: yeah that's what I'm thinking. Sorry if I used a confusing word. unsure.gif

Turdaewen: That's just... scary. huh.gif

RoyxRizaFan: Thanks. I already posted here before but that was... wait... I can't remember. XD

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saving_Grace
post Apr 11 2009, 08:40 AM
Post #14087

Alchemists

Member No.: 33,782

Hey! Haven't been here in a while!

What I assumed when I read the chapter, was that Riza was sort of testing Envy/Roy, with the "He always calls me Riza when we're alone" thing. No super senses or anything like, just being catious by throwing something out there to gauge his reaction. Did that make sense? I'm sick, I think my brain is broken.

Well, I hate to say it, but I'm putting money down on Roy dying. The whole "consumed by his own flames" seemed like foreshadowing to me. Or he'll accidently kill Riza or something like that. Real happy ending.

Is it just me, or did the illustrations in the chapter seem a little darker (for lack of a better word) than usual?

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 11 2009, 08:46 AM
Post #14088

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Saving_Grace @ Apr 11 2009, 05:40 PM) *
Well, I hate to say it, but I'm putting money down on Roy dying. The whole "consumed by his own flames" seemed like foreshadowing to me. Or he'll accidently kill Riza or something like that. Real happy ending.

Is it just me, or did the illustrations in the chapter seem a little darker (for lack of a better word) than usual?

Nah I don't think so... my personal opinion is that we had already a great character dying, i.e. Maes. The only person I think could be dying is Hohenheim.
No both Roy and Riza will live till the end, but both of them will be tested. Roy's test to achieving his goal is now. And Riza will be the one to help him go through it (with the help of Ed and Scar).

@Turdaewen: Thanks for the translation, makes the fanart even more cute <3

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Apr 11 2009, 08:48 AM
Post #14089

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (Saving_Grace @ Apr 11 2009, 12:40 PM) *

What I assumed when I read the chapter, was that Riza was sort of testing Envy/Roy, with the "He always calls me Riza when we're alone" thing. No super senses or anything like, just being catious by throwing something out there to gauge his reaction. Did that make sense? I'm sick, I think my brain is broken.

I really don't see that happening, actually. Unless Arakawa has a death wish. I guess Roy may be as popular (and depending on the country even MORE) than Ed. If she killed him in this lame form, she would have an angry mob on her feet.
Actually, I was chatting to other FMA fans and we came to terms that, probably, the top 5 in the popularity contest (who are also the main characters) are kinda 'safe' until the end of the manga. IF they die, will be at the very end.

And the "consumed by his own flames", for me, it's already happening. It's not exactly a foreshadowing but something already present. Which doesn't mean he'll ACTUALLY die by it, but the fact of him being the 'Flame Alchemist' and having to deal with the intensity of his own emotions is symbolic big enough for me.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 11 2009, 08:59 AM
Post #14090

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Apr 11 2009, 05:48 PM) *
QUOTE (Saving_Grace @ Apr 11 2009, 12:40 PM) *

I really don't see that happening, actually. Unless Arakawa has a death wish. I guess Roy may be as popular (and depending on the country even MORE) than Ed. If she killed him in this lame form, she would have an angry mob on her feet.
Actually, I was chatting to other FMA fans and we came to terms that, probably, the top 5 in the popularity contest (who are also the main characters) are kinda 'safe' until the end of the manga. IF they die, will be at the very end.

And the "consumed by his own flames", for me, it's already happening. It's not exactly a foreshadowing but something already present. Which doesn't mean he'll ACTUALLY die by it, but the fact of him being the 'Flame Alchemist' and having to deal with the intensity of his own emotions is symbolic big enough for me.

My thoughts exactly.
If Hiromu wants to die early, she could do that.
But, even considering how much Roy and Riza are loved, she won't. Plus, I think having killed off Maes was already something big.

--------------------

Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
StormGoddess
post Apr 11 2009, 09:25 AM
Post #14091

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,523

I don't want Roy to die either. And with strong people around him, I don't think they will let him die easily. sad.gif

amestris_star: love your siggy too! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saving_Grace
post Apr 11 2009, 09:25 AM
Post #14092

Alchemists

Member No.: 33,782

Ah, see I don't think character popularity would stop her. Authors/creators/whatever kill off beloved characters all the time. And if you are right? Well, to be honest, I think I'd lose a lot of respect for her if it turned out that she let fan opinion dictate the direction of her story.

As for the "consumed by his own flames" thing? Okay, let me rephrase that, I don't think that Roy is going to literally burn to death by his own hands (give me a break), I just think he is a target. Like for example, he's going to go into his angry little rage, stuff something up and have to sacrifice himself to fix it... Okay, so perhaps not exactly like that, but you know, something along those lines. I think when it all comes down to it, I just can't see Roy having a happily-ever-after.

I don't think he's safe at all, in fact I think he's got a big flippin' bullseye on his head. Considering that we are pretty close to the end, it wouldn't suprise me if she started killing people off in the next few chapters; we've already lost Kimbley (but chances are he might pop back). The only character who I would dub as 100 percent safe is Winry.

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 11 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #14093

QUOTE (sToRm GodDesS @ Apr 11 2009, 06:25 PM) *
I don't want Roy to die either. And with strong people around him, I don't think they will let him die easily. sad.gif

amestris_star: love your siggy too! happy.gif

Thank you ^.^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Makika
post Apr 11 2009, 10:30 AM
Post #14094

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,737

Oh, the thing of Popularity is important, but if u stop to remember, mangas like Naruto (for example) already killed popular characters like Jiraiya and Kakashi. (Hiromu is friend of the Kishimoto brothers).

But I really want that anything bad happens to them, if Hiromu kill them, the serie will lost a huge number of fans worldwide, and she knows that.

Already, all the deaths in FMA had a big participation in the progress of the history. The death of Hughes don't had a biiiiig influency likes Trisha's death until now. In my opinion the Hughes's death will serve to test Roy's ideals and emoctions and Riza's loyalty.

Like someone here said, Roy can't have both (revenge and his ideals to become a good Fuhrer). Now is the time to he decide, and Riza, Ed and Scar will help him.

amestris_star: Oh, your siggy is cute. *-*

--------------------

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Apr 11 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #14095

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

Yeah, I don't think Arakawa would base her story on popularity poles if she wanted to do something different, but I don't think this is the end for Roy. And if he lives, it might not be a happily ever after, but it doesn't have to be tragic, either, if that makes sense.

But Saving Grace, your avatar = WIN

I forgot to mention earlier, I don't know who said it but I liked the comparison of the Lust battle to this one, except for Riza has to save Roy this time, because now he's given up on himself and let his feelings for someone's who's lost take over him. It's really similar now that I think about it, those two situations.

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Alzea
post Apr 11 2009, 11:26 AM
Post #14096

Alchemists

Member No.: 54,118

I don't think she is going to kill them, she likes them too much and they're too imprtant right now, maybe at the very end of the series...*don't want to even think about it*
She won't base it on the popularity poles besides she's got planned ending from the very beginning of the FMA...
I can see them happy together, maybe not as a ruler of Amestris but somehow I can do it and remember Arakawa's words from the SGG's March issue:
QUOTE (Hiromu Arakawa)
After all, I want the characters who've worked so hard to be happy, and I want to properly give the characters who will be defeated in battle their own place to end.

Roy is for sure the one who is working hard here so I still hope for some kind of happy ending for royai~tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Apr 11 2009, 11:28 AM
Post #14097

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

"Why is AnimeRoy so depressed in the movie?"

Read this month's chapter and you will know.

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 11 2009, 01:35 PM
Post #14098

QUOTE (Alzea @ Apr 11 2009, 08:26 PM) *
I don't think she is going to kill them, she likes them too much and they're too imprtant right now, maybe at the very end of the series...*don't want to even think about it*
She won't base it on the popularity poles besides she's got planned ending from the very beginning of the FMA...
I can see them happy together, maybe not as a ruler of Amestris but somehow I can do it and remember Arakawa's words from the SGG's March issue:
QUOTE (Hiromu Arakawa)
After all, I want the characters who've worked so hard to be happy, and I want to properly give the characters who will be defeated in battle their own place to end.

Roy is for sure the one who is working hard here so I still hope for some kind of happy ending for royai~tongue.gif

Thank God for that phrase from Hiromu *__*

@makika: Thank you! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
riza'slittle...
post Apr 11 2009, 01:41 PM
Post #14099

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,592

People have been asking how Riza knew it wasn't Roy. My guess is the fact that he said "Come on." Right after that we see that Riza's deduced that it's not him. One of the things everyone notices about Roy is the fact that he never orders people to come with him. He's always asking Riza (and the others, less frequently) whether she's sure about following him, telling her there's time to turn back and all that. I think she had her suspicions and his saying "Come on" pretty much settled it for her. He also usually argues more. That's what immediately came to mind for me though.

Someone also asked why Riza let the others leave after seeing how angry Roy got (it might have been on a different board though... oh well!). I think that she is pretty confident that if anyone can remind him of his goals, she can. The way she trailed off on the "If not then..." suggests to me that she knows that Roy is really close to choosing revenge, which would mean he was straying and she'd have to fulfill her promise. I think she'd want to spare him the indignity of anyone knowing what had happened, so she could say he was killed by the enemy and let him be remembered as the hero he's tried to be.

On a much less analytical note, I was really excited to see that Scar came with Ed to try to save Roy from himself. That really clinched his change of heart and decision to try forgiveness for me. It seemed very appropriate.

As for whether popular characters are "safe", I know the answer I'd like to give, but I'm not certain anyone's safe. I'm reluctant to see the whole "consumed by his own flames" thing as foreshadowing, because we haven't seen much foreshadowing that's that transparent. I remember having heard that Arakawa had planned the ending long ago, and because the ending is so close, it wouldn't do her too much damage to kill off even the most popular characters. The only people I'm relatively sure of are Winry, Bosch, and Maria. Winry because I don't think she'd kill her off, and Bosch and Maria because he just found out she was alive, and I don't think that would be included if one of them were about to die without seeing the other again. But I could be wrong.

Approx. 29 more days! wink.gif

--------------------

Still a work in progress but...

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 11 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #14100

Since my sig pic picque a lot of interest:

http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/

There you go: amazing Royai pictures, artist is totally amazing ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 938 939 940 941 942 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 03:18 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css