HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
angelofsarcasm89
post Feb 14 2010, 10:44 PM
Post #20041

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 70,605

QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Feb 14 2010, 10:37 PM) *
I was pleased with Travis and Colleen's perfomance in the first episode. Although Colleen did only have like one line. But they did fine in the first series, and since they are actors I believe they will get better with each episode. Also for those who did watch the dub, were you upset that Riza's lipsynching was cut from the opening? I guess she isn't angsty enough to be shown doing it.

Also has anyone ever wondered why Riza's father never taught her alchemy? Do you think it is because she never wanted to learn, or her father thought it was too dangerous for her to learn? Or do you have your own theories.

I was disappointed that they cut lipsynching Riza. And chibi Roy and Riza from the ending. dry.gif

I always thought that alchemy was more of a natural talent than a learned skill. Like, you could study it and learn everything as much as you want, but only some people have the ability to actually pull it off. It's somewhat uncommon, but not really rare. Thus, Riza just didn't have the ability to master it like her father and Roy did.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
StormGoddess
post Feb 14 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #20042

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,523

Riza's lypsynching was cut? OMGWHHHYYY?

About Riza not learning alchemy, erm, I honestly thought it was because she took care of everything since her mother was already gone, and so she had no time learning alchemy. If he thought it was dangerous for her he wouldn't draw that tattoo on her back. But oh well, that theory was pretty simple and boring. There's probably more reason for it.

Gah, sorry I feel like my English is pretty messed up today huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Feb 15 2010, 03:11 AM
Post #20043

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Feb 15 2010, 04:37 AM) *
Also has anyone ever wondered why Riza's father never taught her alchemy? Do you think it is because she never wanted to learn, or her father thought it was too dangerous for her to learn? Or do you have your own theories.

I think there's a few reasons... Her father probably didn't want her learning it for starters, knowing that it was too dangerous. It's not that he felt she couldn't handle it, but that he didn't want the information in her hands if it all went wrong. She is is daughter, I imagine any father would prevent their child knowing such information. He might've been a bit stubborn but I think he loved her enough not to burden her with it all (not the tattoo on its own, the knowledge of how to use it also)... the tattoo is another question.

It could also be that Riza wasn't all that interested in alchemy, and I think that's a plausible enough reason on its own. Especially if she's had to deal with her father concentrating on it during her growing up, it consumed him so much that she wanted nothing to do with it because it has, in a way, taken her father from her. That said, with the tattoo, she still knew that she had to pass it on to someone. It was still important enough to her because she knew how much it meant to her father. There may have been resentment toward him for doing that to her, naturally, but I know Riza is smart enough to see the bigger picture, and she obviously trusted Roy.

Those are some of my thoughts, anyway... parts of that could be totally made up but that's how I interpret the whole story.

+Quote Post
spectator
post Feb 15 2010, 07:30 AM
Post #20044

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

trusting someone is really a daunting task. Imagine that Roy didn't become who he is right now but instead lost himself or turn into someone like Kimbley during the Ishbal war. I think Roy can still be Roy is accounted to Hughes's support. Although Riza seems to regret that she has given Roy the deadly knowledge, I bet that she is glad that the one who learned the knowledge is Roy, not someone else.

OMG! Will my dream of Roy and Riza living happily ever after come true at all, after this month's despairing chapter?

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Feb 15 2010, 02:32 PM
Post #20045

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

I found this really cool video on Youtube dedicated to Riza:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VC4CyKCyMM

It's to the song "Russian Roulette" by Rihanna

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Feb 15 2010, 06:22 PM
Post #20046

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

I noticed Riza's lip-synch being cut! At first I was like, "Whaaaaa?" And then I saw that they'd cut the ending, too, and it made me sad, but it makes sense... sort of. And, being that Travis and Colleen are still doing the voices, they sound just fine! I kinda think Travis's voice sounds just a little higher this time around, but that could very well just be me...

And yeah, I've speculated a lot about why Riza didn't learn alchemy, and I don't think we'll ever know for sure. I think danger may have played some part, but she just doesn't seem like the alchemist type. A lot of alchemists are incredibly ambitious, and while Riza's got hopes and dreams just like everyone else, I don't think she's the sort to "play God" as much as any of the alchemists. (Armstrong being the one possible exception to my "playing God" generalizaition, but he's... Armstrong--what more can I say?)

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
ramencat
post Feb 18 2010, 08:37 AM
Post #20047

Citizen

Member No.: 72,594

I think Riza is alive and well. She was in the big black ball thing, and everyone else that we've seen in there is fine. Besides, I don't think the series is going to end with everyone in Amestris dead. That would just defeat the purpose of all the careful plot twists and character developlment that Arakawa has spent time on. And... well, Roy and Riza will probably get an ending that isn't completley tragic. I mean, they've suffered so much already... Arakawa isn't THAT mean... right?

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Feb 18 2010, 11:27 AM
Post #20048

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

I think that they'll both live through it, however, there could be an element of tragedy if Roy were to remain blind. Whilst it would be a shame that he won't be able to see the changes he wants to make to the country, I think if he were to make changes even though he's blind with the help of Riza, it would further accentuate the deep bond they have with each other.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Feb 18 2010, 04:33 PM
Post #20049

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

I have no doubt that somehow, someway, the two of them would ensure that Roy keeps his promises and follows his dream, even if he remains blind, I just feel bad because it doesn't seem right, since he never willingly went through the gate. I suppose not everything is fair, though, perhaps that is the message? Having to deal with things you didn't see coming.

Oh man that wasn't supposed to be a pun. Poor, poor Roy I feel terrible...

I didn't watch the entire dub, so I didn't see Riza's line, but Travis did better than I expected (not that he isn't a good actor - he's one of the best, it's just that his voice is SO deep that I wasn't sure what to expect). So I was happy with what I've heard so far.

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
angelofsarcasm89
post Feb 18 2010, 05:10 PM
Post #20050

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,605

For anyone who didn't catch the dub on Saturday, Adult Swim puts the episodes up on Wednesday on their website.

Call it wishful thinking, but I can't imagine things getting any worse for Roy and Riza. They've already had to deal with so much, it just wouldn't be fair. Yeah, I know life isn't always fair and things can always get worse, but come on woman, have a heart!

--------------------

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Feb 19 2010, 12:05 PM
Post #20051

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

QUOTE (angelofsarcasm89 @ Feb 19 2010, 12:10 AM) *
For anyone who didn't catch the dub on Saturday, Adult Swim puts the episodes up on Wednesday on their website.

I went there but it's only available in the US sad.gif not to worry, I have other sources. cool.gif

Ahhh there's so many roy/riza scenes I can't wait to see dubbed.

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Feb 19 2010, 12:47 PM
Post #20052

Group Icon

^Same here! Episode 19 being the major one! : D I'm willing to bet that Colleen will be good at the screaming part...She does a heck of a job screaming as Luffy in One Piece, anyway. xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
kocham-trufle
post Feb 21 2010, 07:55 AM
Post #20053

Citizen

Member No.: 72,740

I drew next picture of 100 royai themes challenge ^^ here it is: http://kocham-trufle.deviantart.com/art/00...nshot-154905777 Hope you'll like it smile.gif

Maybe I'm only one, but I don't like english dub. I can't imagine other voice for Roy than his japanese seiyuu. And for Riza. They're just perfect in their original versions.

--------------------
Yakusoku

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Feb 21 2010, 08:24 AM
Post #20054

Group Icon

^Some people like the dub, others don't. It's always like that. : ) So don't worry, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I mean personally, I prefer the dub any day. xD

But that picture is fantastic!! : ) The inking looks so neat! For some reason I could actually imagine Riza teaching Roy about different guns and how to fire them etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Feb 23 2010, 07:13 AM
Post #20055

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Okay everyone, we are heading off topic, if you want to discuss Dub Voices please comment at FMA: Brotherhood English Dub/VA Discussion.

I am moving some of your posts there.

--------------------

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 05:31 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css