HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
jacksparrow589
post Apr 15 2010, 05:15 PM
Post #20341

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Mmm... with how long these chapters have been, God!Father (That totally just popped into my head. D'you think Arakawa's got some Italian in her somewhere WAY back? tongue.gif) could be annhilated next chapter, and another superlong chapter could be spent on wrap-up.

My predictions: Anything we see in regards to Royai, it will be subtle. That's just the way they are. I'd love to see even just a panel or two of Riza, standing beside Roy as she always has, with Roy passing on the reins of power to a peaceful Amestris. Smiles all around! (It'd be nice to see Mustang's group all together once again, too!)

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Apr 15 2010, 06:21 PM
Post #20342

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 62,174

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Apr 16 2010, 01:15 AM) *
My predictions: Anything we see in regards to Royai, it will be subtle. That's just the way they are. I'd love to see even just a panel or two of Riza, standing beside Roy as she always has, with Roy passing on the reins of power to a peaceful Amestris. Smiles all around! (It'd be nice to see Mustang's group all together once again, too!)

That kind of scene would make me cry, honestly. It HAS to be subtle, it won't be anything but if it concerns Roy and Riza. Even after everything that has happened so far, I still think it would be an awesome ending for her to be by his side, just because of that. Not because of outright love, as I think their bond as aide and commander transcends that.

RoyxRizaFan: As for the ending... hm. I wholeheartedly believe that it won't be a full-on confession of love with babies etc; that just isn't them. It would be kind of huh.gif to see them like that, and not a 'follow on' from what has just happened. It doesn't make any sense, at least not in the real world and if it does happen I will be disappointed. I'd like to seem them together but not like that. It will seem as though everything up until now was a tease and honestly, pointless. I think sometimes people have to let go of their dreams that people will actually get together as couples after all this.

I have no doubt that they'll both survive, but if they do ever get together, it won't be in the manga timeline.

Basically, Arakawa must know what the fans want, and she either goes one way or another. I hate being so negative in a thread full of lovely people, but I'm just saying what I think. wacko.gif sad.gif

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Apr 15 2010, 07:27 PM
Post #20343

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Apr 15 2010, 02:15 PM) *
QUOTE (Tian Ai @ Apr 15 2010, 06:02 AM) *
Oh boy... how can Roy let her walk around in that cat suit? ;P

WB Tian Ai!

And how can Roy let Riza walk around in a cat suit? Simple. It's for his own benefit (he gets to enjoy the view wink.gif) - besides, since he's dressed as a vampire in that pic and has a cape, I'm sure he'll do the gentlemanly thing and basically give her the cape to cover up when they walk along.

Or even better: wrapping her up in the cape while he's still on it. O.o "What are you looking at, you fools??" lol

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Apr 15 2010, 07:52 PM) *
First of all, welcome back to the thread, Tian Ai! You've certainly picked a good time to return to the thread, with all the mounds of RoyAi we've been getting recently. I can hardly remember the dark ages about three years ago, when Roy and Riza vanished for months and months on end after chapter 74 *shudders from memory*

I can hardly believe it's ending in 108 chapters, either, but if anyone can do it, it's Arakawa. Or maybe she'll be unpredictable as usual and extend it for another year! *is shot*

What would be everyone's idea ending for the couple, in all seriousness? A casual, unspoken way of getting together, that's more implied than stated, or something more direct, or something like an epilogue revealing that they've had a dozen babies they're happy together...? And what about Roy becoming Fuhrer? Any preferences/predicitions?

I tend to like a more subtle getting together, like smiling to eachother or something of the kind. Maybe followed by a scene of Roy being a Fürher and Riza in the background as first lady...

That would be "Arakawa like". XD

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
spectator
post Apr 15 2010, 07:53 PM
Post #20344

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

This is my guess, if it's a happy ending.

If Roy will not be the fuhrer, I think he will retire. I can imagine Roy standing on top of the building oversees the now peaceful Amestris as Riza approaches him from behind.

Riza: I see you have made your decision.
Roy: The best I could think of.
(short pause)
Roy: Will you follow me?
Riza: as always.

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Apr 15 2010, 07:55 PM
Post #20345

^Duuuuuuuuude... If there is anything remotely resembling that dialogue, you will have my eternal worship. That is pretty much Royai defined, right there.

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
spectator
post Apr 15 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #20346

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

@jacksparrow589: Thanks! But this subtle scene is killing me. I need a much obvious ending for my type eg. wedding, having children... even if it's 1/1000000000000000 chance, I still hope for it. Haha!

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Apr 15 2010, 08:25 PM
Post #20347

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

I am happy with them returning to the way they were after this is all over. Their subtlety doesn't drive me crazy like it would with other characters in other series and so on. It's something I can tolerate, because it's Roy.. and because it's Riza. I've accepted them and love them, so I'd have it no other way!

I certainly like spectator's little dialogue up there! That seems promising! ^o^

(This thread moves so fast and I get no emails! It's hard to keep up! *sigh*)

--------------------

+Quote Post
angelstar2408
post Apr 15 2010, 08:48 PM
Post #20348

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,378

As for my idea of the ending probably we'll just see them stand next to each other and probably Roy would say thank you to Riza and then they'll hold hands or something like that....

But I'm pretty sure it would be subtle. If ever they confess to each other it would probably be said through a code. laugh.gif

--------------------

I DON'T own the avatar and the signature. Signature was customized by me. :)

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Apr 15 2010, 08:58 PM
Post #20349

^My version of how this would go down:

Roy: (absently taps his pen twice) So, who all is coming to this celebration, anyway?
Riza: Isaac, Lucy, Oscar, Vato, the Elric brothers, York, Olivier and Uni
Roy: (writes it all down) Okay, anyone e-- mellow.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif blowup.gif wub.gif

--------------------

Royai Day 2011 Album

+Quote Post
Tian Ai
post Apr 15 2010, 09:47 PM
Post #20350

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,879

I can hardly believe it's ending in 108 chapters, either, but if anyone can do it, it's Arakawa. Or maybe she'll be unpredictable as usual and extend it for another year! *is shot*

What would be everyone's idea ending for the couple, in all seriousness? A casual, unspoken way of getting together, that's more implied than stated, or something more direct, or something like an epilogue revealing that they've had a dozen babies they're happy together...? And what about Roy becoming Fuhrer? Any preferences/predicitions?

None of us would object to another year of FMA! biggrin.gif
And thanks for the welcome, RoyxRizaFan!
I know... I think that's why I gave up keeping up with FMA for such a long time. But it was a great feeling to catch up and see how far they'd gotten smile.gif

I agree with most of the people who've posted so far.
Knowing Arakawa's style, and how Roy and Riza are, it won't be all hugs and kisses and babies.
I don't think they can leave the military lifestyle behind. It's been the basis of their relationship.

But, seeing as how much more pronounced Royai has become throughout the series, I think it may be more than just subtle hinting.
Maybe there will be a tearful outburst or some kind of confession from one to another... the end has become epic enough for that being plausible as a "caught up in the moment" reaction biggrin.gif

--------------------

・守るよ・
リザ・ロイ
--------
[DeviantArt]

Original artwork by Chocolate Queen

+Quote Post
Katya Martin
post Apr 15 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #20351

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,181

^I think that would work better reversed, although it's pretty great xD

--------------------

awesomeness by Arakawa, Project FMA banner by Aribelle, avatar by me
I draw things.

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Apr 15 2010, 10:12 PM
Post #20352

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

Welcome back Tian Ai!

Wow, internet fails for one day, and this thread explodes with post.

@jacksparrow: I loved your code confession! That was amazing.

I am still happy that Roy hugged Riza. Subtle is nice and is the realist way of looking at how Roy and Riza's ending will be. But still Arakawa may surprise us patient fans. And I believe I will be satisfied with the ending of the manga in general.

+Quote Post
angelstar2408
post Apr 15 2010, 10:24 PM
Post #20353

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,378

^ I hope so. It would really suck if all our patient waiting results to nothing. I hope equivalent exchange works for us too. smile.gif

--------------------

I DON'T own the avatar and the signature. Signature was customized by me. :)

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Apr 15 2010, 10:38 PM
Post #20354

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

I don't know if any of you guys read other Arakawa's mangas, but, I always remember something that is a sort of inspirational to me as to how Arakawa portrays couples and how she could make an Royai scene. Of course, these characters have different temperaments than Roy and Riza, but it's interesting to see the parallel in terms of "structure".
Just so you know, this is a scene from Juushin Enbu (Hero Tales) and, weird as it may seem, this is a marriage proposal XD

And, if you don't read Juushin Enbu, I suggest you do! 'Cause FMA is far from being the only good manga this author has to offer us. ^^

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Apr 15 2010, 10:50 PM
Post #20355

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

^Aaaw! biggrin.gif That's so sweet! It is really quite reminiscent of RoyAi. I do like the manga though, I've started reading it only recently.

--------------------

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 02:15 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css