HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
News & info on FMA "Sacred Star of Milos" movie on official JP site & around the web (Compiled "Movie Guide" on the first post..updated on Aug. 8, 2011) Please DO NOT post spoiler movie storyline here, If post contains movie spoiler discussions please post on SPOILER ZONE
Rating 5 V
thequeentohiskin...
post Jul 21 2011, 07:21 PM
Post #166

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 82,817

I'm so excited to it to come out! I'm going die if it doesn't! tongue.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 22 2011, 12:09 AM
Post #167

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

^ Welcome to our board, thequeentohisqueen! biggrin.gif

Here is a news on US, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan premier schedules.
(For more discussions on theater premier schedules, please go to FMA:MiloStar theater showing schedules thread. smile.gif

QUOTE (Tombow @ Jul 22 2011, 02:50 AM) *
U.S Premier:
There will be world premier of Fullmetal Alchemist Sacred Star of Milos English subbed version at OTACON 2011 at July 29-31 at the Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, Maryland. The movie's director Kazuya Murata will be attending this exclusive screening and the Q&A panel afterwards.
The movie will come to regular theaters in next Spring.

Hong Kong:
The movie will premier in 8 of 30 movie theaters in Hong Kong in the begining part of November, 2011.
Pre-sale for the tickets will start July 29, 2011 at ACG HK.

Singapore:
Movie will premier in movie theaters on Aug. 26, 2011

Taiwan:
Movie will premier in movie theaters this Fall.

(Source: AnimateTVNews.JP, Convention Fans)

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jul 30 2011, 10:13 PM
Post #168

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

Here are images of the pre-sale ticket set (including a calendar and a guidebook) for those in Hong Kong, kindly posted by hilary here!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 1 2011, 02:02 AM
Post #169

Group Icon

^ Thank you, A Pierrot's Aria! biggrin.gif
(I'll try to add extra info and translations later.. ^^)

English subbed version of Sacred Star of Milos premiered on Jul 30, 2011 at OTAKON 2011 in Baltimore, MD, US.
After the premier of the movie, the movie's director Kazuya Murata had Q&A session.
Here are some of the Q&As:
Q. Roy Mustang did not have as big of a role in this film. Was that an editorial choice? Why didn't he have a bigger part?
A. (Murata):The Japanese fans were angry about the same thing.

Q. Was the manga creator, Hiromu Arakawa, involved in the script in any way for this film?
A. (Murata): Hiromu Arakawa has always had the stance that she would leave the animation creation to the staff. Since the beginning, she has said "I look forward to what you come up with."

Q. What kind of research did you have to do to make this movie?
A. (Murata): Since Amestris is based on England, I looked at other European countries like Spain for the architecture of Table City, and everything else came from my head.

Q. Was it difficult to create a story that didn't mess up the plot-line of the show, since the show was already over?
A. (Murata): Since the film happened in a country that the characters had never gone to and didn't go back to for the rest of the series, it was difficult to conclude it in a way that didn't affect the rest of the existing story. But, having it in such a locale let us concentrate on the story without worrying about the affects on the rest of the series. Also, I had to be careful with how much Al fell for Julia because it could seriously affect what happens in the future.

You can read the whole Q&A posted by Crystalyn Hodgkins on AnimeNewsNetwork

<Program Note>
By the way, anyone who would like to talk about the possibility of another FMA:Brotherhood movie, and what would you like to see in that movie, please add your post on "Do you guys like to see Sequel/Prequel/Midquel of Brotherhood (as TV anime series, DVD/TV special, theater movie, besides "Scared Star of Milos" etc.)? If so, what would you like to see? thread. biggrin.gif

ETA: Aug. 3, 2011
This was a scene from OTAKON at Baltimore, MD, U.S. this past weekend where the world premier of English subbed "Sacred Star of Milos" movie was held. ... the pic below is the crowd that was waiting to see Sacred Star of Milos movie at OTAKON. biggrin.gif
There was another big event on Saturday, the premiere of Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos. The crowd was a sight to behold!

(Source: Meeping anime blog on Otakon 2011)

The blog said the movie was played twice, once on Saturday and once on Sunday. smile.gif

ETA: Aug. 4, 2011
Couple more pics of people waiting to watch the U.S. premier of Sacred Star of Milos at OTAKON
(Posted by Patric GD on Flicker)
Attached File  OTAKONLongline1.jpg ( 443.86K ) Number of downloads: 8
Attached File  OTAKONlongline2.jpg ( 458.07K ) Number of downloads: 6

========

From the movie's official JP site, on U.S. Premier of Milos movie at OTAKON.

7月29日(金)~7月31日(日)アメリカ・ボルチモアにて行われた1994年発足のアメリカ東海岸最大のアニメ・コンベンション「OTAKON」(オタコン)にて全米初の上映会を行った。今年の「OTAKON」は今までの最高動員数、約3万2千人を記録した。

7月30日(土)夕方17時(現地時間)上映開始予定の本作は、2時間以上前から長蛇の列ができていた。
5,500人着席の会場は一気に埋め尽くされ、「ハガレン」コールで上映前の会場は興奮していた。
アメリカでも大人気の「ハガレン」だけあって、長い間入場待ちしていた何百人もの人の席が足らず、急遽翌日31日(日)(現地時間)にも上映が決定。入り切れなかった人たちが翌日会場に詰め寄せることになった。

上映後、スペシャルゲストとして村田和也監督が登壇し、監督を満席のスタンディング・オベーションが迎えた。
割れんばかりの拍手の中監督は初めて対面するアメリカのファンに熱い思いをぶつけた。上映後監督に直接感謝を伝えたいと長蛇の列ができ、上映会は大成功に終わった。
2日で8000人の「ハガレン」ファンが熱狂した。「OTAKON」参加の1/3の人が見たことになる。
全米公開は2012年春の予定でこちらも大盛り上がりすること間違いない。

It says that the premier was a huge hit. It was scheduled for Sat. July 30, 5 PM (local time) and there was a long line to go into the theater even 2 hours before the showing time, and the theater of 5,500 seats got filled up moments after it opened, and there were hundreds of fans who waited ling hours couldn't get in the theater, so they decided to add an extra showing on Saturday also. Over all 8,000 fans watched the Milos movie in these two showings. This year's OTAKON had record braking attendance of 32,000, and this means 1/3 of these attendee at OTAKON have watched the movie.

People waiting for the Milos premier at OTAKON

Completely filled theater with 5,500 fans to watch Milos movie

(Pics are both from Milos official JP site)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 4 2011, 10:38 AM
Post #170

Group Icon

<Double posting with justice. This post will be merged later>

On Aug. 5, 2011, at a theater in Ikebukuro, Tokyo, they will have some of the main movie staff (directors, etc.) as guests and hold a panel talk/discussion event prior to the showing of the movie.

And, this even will be streamed live on USTREAM
The streaming will start Friday Aug. 5, 2011 22:15 pm Japan time. (that will be August 5, 2011 at 9:15 AM Eastern U.S. time...or about 19 and a half hours from now ...I think. ^^ Please double check your equivalent local time in relation to Japan time. smile.gif )

Announced on Milos official JP site.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sarahbn
post Aug 5 2011, 06:03 AM
Post #171

Citizen

Member No.: 79,977

I just got an email from the official MiloStar site, there's some kind of live streaming video on UStream that's starting in about 15 minutes from the time I posted this. Here's the link. I don't know enough Japanese yet to have figured out what it's about though. Here's the text they sent me:

■□■――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――■□■
 シネ・リーブル池袋で開催のトークイベントをUstreamで生配信!
■□■――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――■□■

本日、シネ・リーブル池袋にて開催のトークイベントの模様を
Ustreamで生配信いたします。
会場にお越しいただけない方は是非こちらでチェックをしてください!

<LOL, sarahbn, please see my post right above yours. XP (But, thank you for sharing the info happy.gif ) ~ Tombow>

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 5 2011, 08:01 AM
Post #172

Group Icon

Watched the live streaming of panel talk (in Japanese) by the director of the movie, Mr. Murata, etc (fill in the rest of names later ^^)
ETA: They were... Director of the movie, Kazuya Murata, Character Design & Chief Animation Director, Kenichi Konishi, Unit Director, Shingo Natsume, & Animation Director, Kiyotaka Oshiyama.

It was short. The whole thing was only 30 minutes long, and during the first half they said Mr. Murata and Mr. Konishi used to work together at Studio Ghibli, and then for the production of this movie Mr. Murata invited Mr. Natsume and Mr. Oshiyama into the production stuff, etc., but they were talking very softly, and away from the mic, so even with the full volume on my computer, I couldn't catch many of their words. >.< (Anyway, I could catch that they were very passionate about the production of this movie. ^^)

And then, the director, Mr. Murata talked about his trip to U.S. to attend the U.S. premier of "Sacred Star of Milos" at OTAKON. He said it was hot (temperature-wise XD U.S. is having a record breaking hot Summer this year XD) and he said he was amazed that even in that heat many attendees of the convention were waring heavy costumes... according to his impression, 80% of attendees were waring costumes (i.e cosplaying) XDDD
And, he reported that the premier of the movie attracted huge amount of fans and the theater could hold only 5,500 so they decided to add one more showing on Sunday, and altogether 8,000 fans watched the movie in two showings at OTAKON (as reported elsewhere ^^). And, he said, in the first showing which he attended, soon after the movie started and at the moment Ed showed up on the screen the theater was filled with the huge cheers from 5,500 fans in the theater. ^^

Here is a pic of the director, Mr. Murata with T-shirt with his illustration of Ed, Al, and Julia... it seems he brought another one just like this to OTAKON and it was auctioned at OTAKON.
Attached File  DirectorWithTshirt.png ( 109.41K ) Number of downloads: 24

Then, there were drawings among those who attended today's event, and these illustrations & autographs by director, etc. were given out.
Attached File  TalkGift1.png ( 122.94K ) Number of downloads: 30
Attached File  TalkGift2.png ( 132.98K ) Number of downloads: 29

There will be drawing for those who watched the streaming also for the same prize.
We'll try to enter the drawing. XD... Those who are following FMABoard on Twitter, there will be one twitt in Japanese coming your way shortly. Please ignore this Japanese twitt, as this is us entering this drawing. tongue.gif

ETA: Aug. 23, 2011
Better pic of the director with the T-shirt, from the News page of official JP site
The shirt has the illustration of Ed in the middle, Julia on the right, and Al on the left.
Attached File  DirectorTshirt.png ( 85.75K ) Number of downloads: 11

ETA: No problem, sarahbn! Thank you so much for bringing the info! happy.gif
|
|
|/

+Quote Post
sarahbn
post Aug 5 2011, 08:38 AM
Post #173

Citizen

Member No.: 79,977

Ack, sorry Tombow! I was so excited about having been able to read enough Japanese to figure out the gist of the email, I forgot how to read English!! blush.gif

+Quote Post
Misty- Nala
post Aug 26 2011, 03:10 PM
Post #174

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,416

Amestris is based on England? I though it was based on Germany... huh.gif

I don't know if this question really goes here or anything but I'll give it a try. Is there a way to see the movie online? I live in a place where there's no chance of seeing an anime movie in theaters. Or do I just wait until the DVD is released? I'm in no hurry of seeing the movie, I'm just very curious since I have heard only positive feedback about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FirstMoon
post Aug 26 2011, 11:13 PM
Post #175

Citizen

Member No.: 74,222

QUOTE (Misty- Nala @ Aug 26 2011, 04:10 PM) *
Amestris is based on England? I though it was based on Germany... huh.gif

Mangaverse is mainly based on England.There are other countries too (like France and Germany as you said) but main part is Britain wink.gif

As for your other question,not yet dry.gif LOL,All I heard was negative feedbacks btw.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 27 2011, 10:09 AM
Post #176

Group Icon

<Program Note>

QUOTE (Misty- Nala @ Aug 26 2011, 06:10 PM) *
I have heard only positive feedback about it.
QUOTE (FirstMoon @ Aug 27 2011, 02:13 AM) *
All I heard was negative feedbacks btw.

Misty- Nala & FirstMoon, hey guys, how many "feedbacks" have each of you seen? And, where did you see these?

The reason I'm asking is because we're looking for decent reviews of FMA Sacred Star of Milos movie that are written in English.
So far, the movie is shown only in Japan, in Japanese language, and French subbed version is shown only one day in Paris, English subbed version was shown only two times so far in a theater at OTAKON in Baltimore, U.S, and it just started showing in movie theaters in Singapore yesterday, and hence English written fan-reviews of this movie are still hard to come by.
We have posted the ones we could find on our Sacred Star of Milos review thread, but we can use some more reviews.
If any of you see decent reviews of the movie written in English, please post on our Sacred Star of Milos review thread. (Please don't forget to use SPOILER COVERS for all spoilers! ^^)

Please keep in mind that we'd like to have DECENT reviews with credible source info. What we mean by DECENT is that not "one line" remarks such as "the movie sucks!!!" or "it's awesome!!" kind of stuff, but we'd like to have real reviews that have at least some PARAGRAPHS detailing WHY it is good/bad/liked/disliked/whatnot in the review author's opinion, and possibly touching on different aspects (story, animation, VAing, etc.) of the movie.

I, myself, have already read over hundred of such reviews, but they are written in Japanese, and hence I don't think posting them here would be very helpful. tongue.gif Anyway, what I can tell is among those who went to see the movie somewhat open-minded, there are some who loved it all the way, and then there are some who hated it all the way, while majority of viewers were falling somewhere in between; liked some aspect of the movie while did not like some other aspect of the movie.... it seems certain aspect of the movie is favored by many, while certain other aspect of the movie garnered many unfavorable reviews, and yes I know quite well about these "favored" points & "unfavored" points of the movie by now, but since I haven't seen the movie I'm holding my "judgement" till I see it myself ^^

Anyway, if any of you guys find decent reviews of the movie, please re-post that on Sacred Star of Milos review thread. biggrin.gif

===

As for the on-line viewing, no there are no official online-viewing options announced so far. We'll post the info if/when we get such info.

As for some of those scam sites that seem to have been popping up on the Web that "promise" you the free viewing of "Sacred Star of Milos" movie and lure you to click on the unknown link, I would wholeheartedly recommend NOT to click any of these links. Besides being illegal, most of these are, at best, cam version of the movie in Japanese or some other non-English language (English version was so far shown only twice in a movie theater, and the report from those showings are that the security was extremely tight at these showings and it was practically impossible to illegally record it, so the chance of you running into English cam version is very slim) or at worst, you may be shown some seedy video that you don't want to see, and above-all these links are most likely filled with malwares that may ruin your computer, or steal some valuable info from your computer, and it's totally not worth the risk, in my opinion. The board will delete any such illegal on-line viewing links, if posted.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 28 2011, 10:21 PM
Post #177

Group Icon

<Double posting with justice. This post will be merged later>

FMA "Sacred Star of Milos" is coming to the West coast (U.S.)!!

The movie will be shown during Burbank International Film Festival, at AMC 6 theater, Burbank, CA (U.S.) on Saturday Sep 17, 2011, 1:00 PM - 2:45 PM

Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos
AMC 6
Burbank, CA

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: THE SACRED STAR OF MILOS is an animated movie based off the storyline of the Fullmetal Alchemist [FMA] manga and the FMA: Brotherhood anime. It is the second film based on the popular Franchise, the first being FMA: CONQUEROR OF SHAMBALA, which premiered in Japan on July 2nd, 2011.

In this film the Elric brothers continue their journey to find the Philosopher's Stone. It is in the lost holy land of Milos, that the Elrics search. What Secrets are hidden in Milos? Riddles must be solved and dangers faced, before Ed and Al can find the truth.

Ticket is $12. You can get more info on this event, map to the theater, etc., here.

For discussions on this in our forum, please go to this thread. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 29 2011, 10:36 AM
Post #178

Group Icon

<Double posting with justice. This post will be merged later.>

jplexasia on SGCafe posted the MiloStar goods available at the Singapore theaters that are showing FMA MiloStar movie, and the content of the movie guide book.
Attached File  SingaporeMiloStarGoods.png ( 968.18K ) Number of downloads: 17

2 kinds of posters, paper bag, T-shirt, and the the White one in the center is the movie Guidebook.

Attached File  SingaporeMiloStarGoodsGuidebook.png ( 650.97K ) Number of downloads: 14

The content of Milos movie Guidebook. It's in English, and it seems this is the similar content with the movie guidebook available for upcoming Hong Kong showing.

=====

For FMA fans in Taiwan,

FMA Sacred Star of Milos movie will premier in Taiwan on Oct. 28, 2011!!

(Click on the pic above to get to chinatimes.com for more info...the site is in Chinese ^^)

For more discussion on this, please go to Milos movie theater showing schedule thread. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
phoenixmiko
post Oct 2 2011, 09:47 PM
Post #179

Citizen

Member No.: 75,010

The film site has an advert for the Blu-ray and DVD release of The Sacred Star of Milos which will be the 8th February 2012. Here: http://www.hagaren-movie.net/index.html

The blog/news section also contains information regarding the release, including features which will be included on the DVD/Blu-ray and what the new releases will contain: for example, a making-of documentary and posters/pin-ups. Here: http://6109.jp/hagaren_news/?blog=245165

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 2 2011, 11:22 PM
Post #180

Group Icon

QUOTE (phoenixmiko @ Oct 3 2011, 12:47 AM) *
The film site has an advert for the Blu-ray and DVD release of The Sacred Star of Milos which will be the 8th February 2012. Here: http://www.hagaren-movie.net/index.html

The blog/news section also contains information regarding the release, including features which will be included on the DVD/Blu-ray and what the new releases will contain: for example, a making-of documentary and posters/pin-ups. Here: http://6109.jp/hagaren_news/?blog=245165

Thank you, phoenixmiko! happy.gif hilary told us about this and we've been discussing this on FMA "MiloStar" Blu-ray / DVD thread, so we'll merge this to that thread later. ^^
Everyone, please join the discussion on MiloStar DVD/BD (Japanese) on FMA "MiloStar" Blu-ray / DVD thread. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 03:27 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css