HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Turdaewen
post Jun 14 2009, 06:58 AM
Post #16306

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,395

That's right!

Although we never see Roy using Alchemy on a daily basis, that doesn't mean he can't do it. He might have his reasons not to (like feeling guilty towards Ishbal). Of course he's not as flexible in his alchemy as Ed, 'cause Ed is a sorta 'do everything but nothing in depth' in terms of Alchemy, but he's definitely skilled in Alchemy basis.
And there's yet one other thing: the homunculi were choosing the brightest alchemists as possible candidates to human sacrifice. If Roy wasn't a brilliant alchemist, he wouldn't even be considered, just like many other alchemists that were put aside by Father.
Not only he was considered, he was also one of the main bets aside from the Elric brothers. Which means he's capable enough in alchemy (even the basis) as to be able to make a human transmutation and open the gate. That sort of alchemy has nothing to do with fire and, even so, they believe he was one of the only people that could pull it off.

So, Roy must definitely know how to fix a radio or a vase or whatever.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jun 14 2009, 08:39 AM
Post #16307

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Agreed. Roy would have to be able to use the basics of alchemy (and thus understand them) to then fiugre out what's going on with flame alchemy. We just don't see him do anything with the basics because it's either not completely neccessary or (stemming from that) there's no time, considering he'd have to draw a circle and all that. (Unlike Ed, Al, Izumi, and Hoho, who have all seen the Truth and thus are the circles themselves.) Roy, Armstrong, and Kimblee all have circles either on their hands or on something that goes on their hands to make it so that that particular circle doesn't have to be redrawn over and over.

It'd be kind of cool to see him do basic alchemy, though. Maybe an extra flashback to Roy's apprenticeship can be stuck in there or something? Or to his State Alchemist exam, when he had to know the basics?

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Jun 14 2009, 09:30 AM
Post #16308

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

Yeah, I completely agree that he can use alchemy aside from what we usually see him do, I just thought it was funny that some people think otherwise.

Seconding JackSparrow589 idea for a flashback of his entrance exam XD

Kale Mustang - Take your time, if you need any help let me know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 14 2009, 09:42 AM
Post #16309

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Causmicfire @ Jun 14 2009, 12:30 PM) *

Ohhh, I totally wanna see this!! Now that I have finally seen "Father vs Ho-ho" battle scene, that would be my next "squee" moment. XDD
Or..anyone would love to write a fic?? (This would have fit perfectly to "new beginning" theme.. tongue.gif )

ETA:
@Causmicfire - About opening thread(s) for contributed artworks and fics for this year's Royai Day Festival... Besides making our own Album and post it on this thread, how about if ...
* we open one thread in Fanfics forum, for "2009 Royai Day Festival Fanfic Collection," and at the bottom, as an addendum, also list other contributed fanworks, fanart, etc., and also...
* we open a thread in Fanart forum, for "2009 Royai Day Festival Fanart Collection," and at the bottom, as an addendum, also list other contributed fanworks and fanfics, etc...???
Just some "creative" compromise idea... tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Jun 14 2009, 10:01 AM
Post #16310

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

I have the idea for the fic.
Buuut I'm not good English writer. I can only write well in German.
If I will write it in English, it will be "broken English", so somebody else should write it >D

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jun 14 2009, 10:07 AM
Post #16311

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (Causmicfire @ Jun 14 2009, 01:30 PM) *
Yeah, I completely agree that he can use alchemy aside from what we usually see him do, I just thought it was funny that some people think otherwise.

Kale Mustang - Take your time, if you need any help let me know.

Yeah, it is funny. ^^ I can't see any logic in a statement like that. :s

Anyways, Arakawa HAS to give us that scene!!! sad.gif Maybe a flashback on how Roy was accepted as Papa Hawkeye's apprentice... Yeah!!! ^^ and how he first met Riza *.* (starting to daydream, here)

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
rinoaebastel
post Jun 14 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #16312

Apprentice

Member No.: 69,455

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Jun 14 2009, 07:07 PM) *
....Anyways, Arakawa HAS to give us that scene!!! sad.gif Maybe a flashback on how Roy was accepted as Papa Hawkeye's apprentice... Yeah!!! ^^ and how he first met Riza *.* (starting to daydream, here)

actually...I was bothered with very much interested in Roy learing alchemy and his backup history with Riza and her father, and for that im drawing a fancomic about that(yeah it's my curse, when i think something i have to writte or draw it )....but...it's a...well it's...not a perfect thing for not saying other things, but it's a relief for me xD

Umm...it will be interesting if for a chance we can see Roy making "normal" alchemy, who knows, maybe he break his gloves and that...

PS: thanks again for the welcomes, Im very happy to be here (finaly i found and interesting forum about fma and all biggrin.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jun 14 2009, 01:17 PM
Post #16313

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

QUOTE (rinoaebastel @ Jun 14 2009, 02:13 PM) *
actually...I was bothered with very much interested in Roy learing alchemy and his backup history with Riza and her father, and for that im drawing a fancomic about that(yeah it's my curse, when i think something i have to writte or draw it )....but...it's a...well it's...not a perfect thing for not saying other things, but it's a relief for me xD

Really? What bothered you about that? I'm interested! When I first read the manga after watching the first series, I was very surprised that Roy was Riza's father's apprentice, but I really liked the idea of it and the back-story that was created for Roy and Riza... it didn't bother me at all!

--------------------

+Quote Post
rinoaebastel
post Jun 14 2009, 02:09 PM
Post #16314

Apprentice

QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Jun 14 2009, 10:17 PM) *
QUOTE (rinoaebastel @ Jun 14 2009, 02:13 PM) *

Really? What bothered you about that? I'm interested! When I first read the manga after watching the first series, I was very surprised that Roy was Riza's father's apprentice, but I really liked the idea of it and the back-story that was created for Roy and Riza... it didn't bother me at all!

I explain myself very bad. I mean that it bothered in my head how this happening and I didn't see it, but not the fact that Roy learn his alchemy there and from him. I love that thing. More roy and riza interaction yay.
Lol Lol I should learn more english and less study my head is spinning rigth now xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jun 14 2009, 03:11 PM
Post #16315

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

I read/wathced/looked at everyone's amazing contributions to RoyAi Day!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Welcome, Neopuff, rinoaebastel, and anyone else I may have missed!

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jun 14 2009, 03:23 PM
Post #16316

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (rinoaebastel @ Jun 14 2009, 05:09 PM) *
I explain myself very bad. I mean that it bothered in my head how this happening and I didn't see it, but not the fact that Roy learn his alchemy there and from him. I love that thing. More roy and riza interaction yay.
Lol Lol I should learn more english and less study my head is spinning rigth now xD

Oh I understand now! Sorry about that!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jun 14 2009, 03:49 PM
Post #16317

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Right, well, the discussion about Roy's State Alchemist exam wouldn't leave me alone. So, this being me, I wrote a fanfic for it. It's nearly 2000 words, does a bit of jumping around, and I think I may have fudged a few facts (and a bit of Roy's character), but we'll just call it artistic license and leave it at that, 'kay? wink.gif

Here it is, if anyone would like to take a look: Days of Reckoning

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
rinoaebastel
post Jun 14 2009, 04:10 PM
Post #16318

Apprentice

QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Jun 15 2009, 12:23 AM) *
QUOTE (rinoaebastel @ Jun 14 2009, 05:09 PM) *

Oh I understand now! Sorry about that!

nah, no problem, I should be the one that says sorry. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jun 14 2009, 04:55 PM
Post #16319

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Jun 14 2009, 06:49 PM) *
Right, well, the discussion about Roy's State Alchemist exam wouldn't leave me alone. So, this being me, I wrote a fanfic for it. It's nearly 2000 words, does a bit of jumping around, and I think I may have fudged a few facts (and a bit of Roy's character), but we'll just call it artistic license and leave it at that, 'kay? wink.gif

Yaaay! Wow, you're fast... *goes off to read*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 14 2009, 09:05 PM
Post #16320

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Jun 14 2009, 06:49 PM) *

@jacksparrow - You made my day!!! Love it!! Thank you!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2016 - 11:58 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css